Douglas Buckland

Enough is Enough...

6 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Also, history isn't written by the winners (or the losers).  Both are dead of old age by the time it's written.  That's why it's called "history."  

Pretty soon it might be called herstory or itstory or theirstory or whateverstory. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ronwagn said:

Well, Brexit passed even though it was somewhat emasculated. Boris got it through but is now showing his progressive side. Huawei is being kicked out too though. It could have been worse IMHO. 

I am sorry to inform you that Boris is not much better than a communist and Brexit is a load of bullshit

I don't like to 'black-pill' but both Brexit and Trump (sorry to say) have both failed spectacularly (I actually spelled that right, not using a spell chcker).

People like us agree on much but we have to hold the feet of those we elect to the fire. Where's the stop on immigration after Trump or Brexit or the wall in the US.

I have no idea what the answer is but the left already decided it was going to be violent..not got much hope at all

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

I am sorry to inform you that Boris is not much better than a communist and Brexit is a load of bullshit

I don't like to 'black-pill' but both Brexit and Trump (sorry to say) have both failed spectacularly (I actually spelled that right, not using a spell chcker).

People like us agree on much but we have to hold the feet of those we elect to the fire. Where's the stop on immigration after Trump or Brexit or the wall in the US.

I have no idea what the answer is but the left already decided it was going to be violent..not got much hope at all

You have to understand that Trump has done a miracle considering that 90% if the establishment was and is against him. That includes the federal government. 

Boris is part of the establishment of the "Conservative" Party. He has defeated much of his opposition with the aid of many to the right of him who he has disrespected. Farage is my favorite British leader right now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

With regards to all these statues and monuments, etc.

I can't recall any time in my lifetime when the State asked me if I'd like to have a statue of (insert dead man's name here) built.

I can't recall any time that they asked if I thought my tax monies were well spent by erecting one of these monstrosities.

They didn't ask me if I thought the person they were depicting was worthy of eternal praise.

They didn't ask me what I thought of paying an astronomical price for them, as opposed to putting some more money into the local orphanage or old folks home or some other worthy cause for the living.

They didn't ask me if I knew anyone that could build one for a better price.

I have almost always, upon closer inspection, said "what a waste of money" and "who cares about this s**t anyway?".

I can't think of a time when, upon being asked what makes the State of (insert State name here) a great place, ANYONE said "you should see our statues/monuments!".  Except when talking about tours of DC.

So I guess my feelings are:  1) I was never consulted in any way and they went up anyway, 2) I still don't care about them, 3) I hear they offend certain groups of people that were ill-affected by that guy up there on bronze horseback, 4) Yeah, okay, take them down, I don't give a s**t about them anyway, and 5) don't build anymore of the wasteful eyesores unless the person is still alive and a vote taken by all residents of said locality shows a majority of the citizens wants it.

Otherwise, give the person a ribbon or a medal, a handshake from the current crooked politician, a mention in the local newspaper, and let's get on with our day.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, frankfurter said:

"Slavery was NEVER a solely ‘white’ institution."   True.  Slavery dates back to biblical times.  It was replaced by indentured serfs, which continues to this day in the form of debt-indentured peoples.

And regarding looters, seems you wish to see the full extent of the law brought upon the looters. Not so long ago, you were criticising the HK and China govts for their warnings to use full extent against such looters and to contain the protests because "enough is enough".  I wonder what your reaction will be if and when the US "protestors" raise the flag of some foreign country? 

So maybe we have some things in common after all?  You wish to see the US demonstrations contained, the riots cease, and the rioters brought to lawful account.  The Chinese people wish to see the HK demonstrations contained, the riots cease, and the rioters brought to lawful account. 

Interestingly, Hong Kong was blamed on the CIA, and the CIA wants to blame this on the CCP. Admittedly there were some Chinese, speaking (yelling) mandarin in the DC riots outside the Whitehouse, but I think they were just embassy staff enjoying some pepper spray as an after dinner aperitif. 

Everyone is wrong except This fine gentleman. The CIA isn't even that good, they didn't even catch that the freaking Soviet Union was about to collapse! They're so stupid, they have to gather their intel from the Washington Post. I say that knowing CIA employees personally. Not a James Bond in the bunch, don't people realize he's British?

Nope, Mr Hopkins has yet again knocked this out of the park. The real culprits here, the ones delivering pallets of bricks to strategic locations are none other than GlobalCap. Forget National Endowment for Democracy, they're so last century. Globalists are calling these shots, they need to nip populism in the bud, pronto. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

I can't recall any time in my lifetime when the State asked me if I'd like to have a statue of (insert dead man's name here) built.

I can't recall any time that they asked if I thought my tax monies were well spent by erecting one of these monstrosities.

They didn't ask me if I thought the person they were depicting was worthy of eternal praise.

They didn't ask me what I thought of paying an astronomical price for them, as opposed to putting some more money into the local orphanage or old folks home or some other worthy cause for the living.

I have almost always, upon closer inspection, said "what a waste of money" and "who cares about this s**t anyway?".

I can't think of a time when, upon being asked what makes the State of (insert State name here) a great place, ANYONE said "you should see our statues/monuments.  Except when talking about tours of DC.

So I guess my feelings are:  1) I was never consulted in any way and they went up anyway, 2) I still don't care about them, 3) I hear they offend certain groups of people that were ill-affected by that guy up there on bronze horseback, 4) Yeah, okay, take them down, I don't give a s**t about them anyway, and 5) don't build anymore of the wasteful eyesores unless the person is still alive and a vote taken by all residents of said locality shows a majority of the citizens wants it.

I think they could all be replaced with copies of the David statue, Rodin's Thinker and maybe Venus de Milo. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Nikko said:

Well this is going to be fun

Could I interest you in some Hertz shares, they've been performing very well the last week or two 😂

Where I live we don't have an economy anymore and all over 300 deaths in the entire region.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Classic!

7 minutes ago, Hotone said:

I just can't...but I can laugh 😂

• Haha 2

(edited)

11 hours ago, El Gato said:

It would help if they worked for a boss (the mayor) who supported them instead of undercutting them at every turn

Considering how they behave, why would any boss support them? 

If you were the boss, would you tolerate your employees going into your business, raiding your food, and sleeping in your place without your permission, just because they don't like your political ideology? Do you believe such behavior is permissible from employees, especially if they happen to be public employees, paid by taxpayers? 

Their behavior shows clearly that there are many in the police who do not believe the law applies to them.  It's more evidence that there is a culture of impunity within American police, in part because of the protections by police unions.  Here we have clear video evidence of police officers breaking the law (yet again), and yet people continue to defend this behavior? 

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

If you were the boss, would you tolerate your employees going into your business, raiding your food, and sleeping in your place without your permission, just because they don't like your political ideology? Do you believe such behavior is permissible from employees, especially if they happen to be public employees, paid by taxpayers? 

Their behavior shows clearly that there are many in the police who do not believe the law applies to them.  It's more evidence that there is a culture of impunity within American police, in part because of the protections by police unions.  Here we have clear video evidence of police officers breaking the law (yet again), and yet people continue to defend this behavior? 

Forgot to add working 18hrs a day trying to keep a semblance of order AND working for a shitty boss

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

And that means you can break the law? 

If they don't like their jobs, they can always resign. Don't show up and quit.  No one's forcing them to be police officers.  Also, there's no need to go to your boss's place and trash it.  Seems like that's illegal behavior that would normally get people arrested.

Edited by Zhong Lu

(edited)

2 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

The one got the evidence of abusing power or killer got fired and face prosecution, there was no evidence for the others, yet some of the "customers" used that is an racism excuse and are "angry" and  raiding the company and others (some how they don't believe the law applies to them either).  The boss then tried to defund or disband their  employees, still collecting subscriptions from other customers and pay ransom to the looting customers so the boss turn laws and orders service into ransom service.

And if the whole police department is corrupted, shouldn't their boss resign first because it is their responsibility for supervising their staffs. They have all the times and resources to collect their staff's misbehavior evidences and fire/prosecute the broken police one by one to improve their company culture but the boss sit and do nothing and blame the employees for their incompetency. 

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, El Nikko said:

I just can't...but I can laugh 😂

Your shops will be reopening in a few days time (15th), right?  The lockdown is a circuit breaker necessary to break the transmission chain.  It is most important to ramp up the testing after the lockdown and things will get back to normal.

Look on the bright side, at least you kept it to 300 deaths and not more..

11 hours ago, El Nikko said:

Well this is going to be fun

Could I interest you in some Hertz shares, they've been performing very well the last week or two 😂

Where I live we don't have an economy anymore and all over 300 deaths in the entire region.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-china-tests-idUSL4N2DO0A4

Edited by Hotone

(edited)

31 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

The one got the evidence of abusing power or killer got fired and face prosecution, there was no evidence for the others, yet some of the "customers" used that is an racism excuse and are "angry" and  raiding the company and others (some how they don't believe the law applies to them either).  The boss then tried to defund or disband their  employees, still collecting subscriptions from other customers and pay ransom to the looting customers so the boss turn laws and orders service into ransom service.

And if the whole police department is corrupted, shouldn't their boss resign first because it is their responsibility for supervising their staffs. They have all the times and resources to collect their staff's misbehavior evidences and fire/prosecute the broken police one by one to improve their company culture but the boss sit and do nothing and blame the employees for their incompetency. 

The mayor would probably fire many members of the police force for incompetence and insubordination. If she could.  Unfortunately, the police union is protecting them.  

Do you realize how difficult it is to fire a union member? A lot of people here have written of the dangers of unionization and how it allows corruption and incompetence to wallow.  I believe we have a perfect example of their arguments in regards to the police unions in these cities.  Many of these unionized police officers are acting with absolutely no respect towards their superiors or towards the law because they know their union will protect them from being fired or worse.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

32 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

The mayor would probably fire many members of the police force for incompetence and insubordination. Unfortunately, the police union is protecting them.  

If the mayor has the evidences, he can prosecute the bad staffs, no one can protect them even the union. He wouldn't care about Union when he decide to defund his staffs anyway. If there was no staff then there would be no union. He/She failed to show leadership or management skills to make a good company culture and provide good service to his customer and when some customers have an excuse to be mad about the service, he tries to keep collecting from the non angry one to pay ransom to the "angry" one, many of whom were the reason he has police service as part of his business in the first place (loot and burn). Shouldn't laws stand above everyone?

We pay tax to have the police service, not for paying ransom. If they defund or disband the service, shouldn't they reduce our  tax so we can invest in protecting ourselves or pay our ransom directly? And part of his responsibility to manage his staffs, maybe he should reduce his salary too if he has less department to manage.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

If the mayor has the evidences, he can prosecute the bad staffs, no one can protect them even the union. He wouldn't care about Union when he decide to defund his staffs anyway. If there was no staff then there would be no union. He/She failed to show leadership or management skills to make a good company culture and provide good service to his customer and when some customers have an excuse to be mad about the service, he tries to keep collecting from the non angry one to pay ransom to the "angry" one, many of whom were the reason he has police service as part of his business in the first place (loot and burn). Shouldn't laws stand above everyone?

We pay tax to have the police service, not for paying ransom. If they defund or disband the service, shouldn't they reduce our  tax so we can invest in protecting ourselves or pay our ransom directly? And part of his responsibility to manage his staffs, maybe he should reduce his salary too if he has less department to manage.

Nah, just bring in more unicorns.  Everything looks better with more unicorns around.  It's especially essential to have the unicorn farts as well: they power the Lefty pollies (thanks @Wombat, great term from down under) and make all their statements sound especially soothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Nah, just bring in more unicorns.  Everything looks better with more unicorns around.  It's especially essential to have the unicorn farts as well: they power the Lefty pollies (thanks @Wombat, great term from down under) and make all their statements sound especially soothing.

He/She wasn't paid to import and sell unicorns but to manage staffs and provide public services.

We are the corns/grass that the unicorns eat.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ronwagn said:

You have to understand that Trump has done a miracle considering that 90% if the establishment was and is against him. That includes the federal government. 

Boris is part of the establishment of the "Conservative" Party. He has defeated much of his opposition with the aid of many to the right of him who he has disrespected. Farage is my favorite British leader right now. 

amazing... now Trump is a worker of miracles.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

26 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

amazing... now Trump is a worker of miracles.  

😂 Below. 

But seriously, he can be anything to Americans, it's alright.  He isn't boring, and keeps non Americans like me, entertained.  As long as he doesn't start a kinetic war with China. Better still, as long as they take away his nuclear codes.

IMG-20200612-WA0025.jpg

Edited by Hotone
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

BLM protest cancelled in London this weekend because potentially thousands of 'counter protestors' (read football hooligans) and very angry Veterans are going to turn up, some looking for blood.

Here's what Churchills statue now looks like, the George Washington statue got the same treatment as did King James II

EaSx_e2XYAAedby.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Uh oh, scratch that I think people are still going to turn up.

Should be interesting

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Can you prove, with evidence these claims? 

My friend is president of an engineering firm, which has the misfortune at present of being across the street from ground zero of the riots. The SWAT team made arrangements with his building manager (they rent, like 99.9% of businesses out there), to use the space. The manager readily agreed, because it's better to have them available as a bulwark than be calling the insurance company and losing your tenants. BTW insurance companies are calling force majure on claims right now, so you'll have to fight them to get your claims paid. 

The SWAT team parked themselves in his offices, because they were the best in the building and they faced the action. They ensconced in his conference room and raided his mini fridge. The building manager said, "take it off your rent", which was eminently practical. They've stayed there multiple nights, and he's made extra effort to stock the fridge with lots of goodies and brought in inflatable beds so they'd be more comfy. They're human beings too and have been handed a hard assignment. When SWAT has to intervene, things have gone pear shaped badly. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

I can't think of a time when, upon being asked what makes the State of (insert State name here) a great place, ANYONE said "you should see our statues/monuments!".  Except when talking about tours of DC.

Otherwise, give the person a ribbon or a medal, a handshake from the current crooked politician, a mention in the local newspaper, and let's get on with our day.

Remember the time when trump illegally used $20,000 of charity money to buy a 6 foot painting of himself?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50338231

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

The SWAT team parked themselves in his offices, because they were the best in the building and they faced the action. They ensconced in his conference room and raided his mini fridge. The building manager said, "take it off your rent", which was eminently practical. They've stayed there multiple nights, and he's made extra effort to stock the fridge with lots of goodies and brought in inflatable beds so they'd be more comfy. They're human beings too and have been handed a hard assignment. When SWAT has to intervene, things have gone pear shaped badly. 

Generally, it's better to have the cops defending your building, even if they are steeling your cookies.

It's a slippery slope though.  The convenience stores and bars in rough areas give cops free stuff "to honour their service" but really it's so they come by more often and hang out (added security).

Do that too long and the cops start to expect a free soda...

Sodas are cheaper than paying the mob for "protection" from the mob.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1