MG

The world is headed for big problems - interview with very smart economist

5 hours ago, ronwagn said:

What do you think the COVID infection likelihood is like staying in motels? This is a serious question. 

Unless all the motels carry out thorough disinfection, the chances will be high.  Infection rates have been trending up significantly since the reopening and protests.

IMG_20200620_173204.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

That is not entirely true.  Historically, the preferred brand in Arab oil countries  (Iraq, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia) has been Chevrolet full-size sedans.  Reason?   Very powerful air conditioners. 

It is good to know, it is used to be luxury in South Vietnam too. Luxury products serve ego purpose and in that sense, I don't think Chevrolet is still a luxury brand though.

Cars themselves are historically luxury until Ford revolution. In my state, houses were built in 1920s has no garage and driveway in original design. Houses built in 1950s have one garage in origin design and houses built in 1980s have 2 garages and the after 2000 have 3 garages. I use my state as an example because it is too cold and land price is cheap with make more of the need and affordable of a garage. Many houses in big Cali cities turn garage into bedroom or suit.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hotone said:

Infection rates have been trending up significantly since the reopening and protests.

Infection testing rates have been trending up significantly. Hence, higher results, since for months the number of actually infected has been, at best, a Scientific Wild Assed Guess. 

And you can quote me on that

• Like 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

14 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Ahh RUMOR HAS IT...a note here Bradley. From COLLUSION to Kavanugh and on to Impeachment...Rumor has it fails each and every time.

Epic losers..

Sincerely 

The Cult.

Rumor has it Donald fired Flynn for lying to the FBI and VP Pence. Rumor also has it Bolton begged Donald for a non-senate approved job. 

You must have learned by now Donald will always undermine you when you try to carry his water for him. Why do you still walk into the traps he sets for you? 

Annotation 2020-06-20 095330.png

Annotation 2020-06-20 095546.png

Wait, is the the "sir" part? When Donald says people call him "sir" a small tear of pride begins to form in the corner of your eye. 

On 6/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, Jan van Eck said:

For those of you who are not familiar with this medieval concept and for the King, also known as Droit du Roi, it is the invocation of "first dibs" on your new bride.  The medieval baron could, and did, ride up uninvited to the peasant wedding ceremony, scoop up the bride, and announce his "Droit."  That meant she was taken back to the Manor, or castle, whatever, and was bedded by the Lord until he got tired of his amusement with her, typically about two weeks.  If she got pregnant, well, too bad.  Then the now-worn-out bride was sent back to the husband, to begin her married life. 

This was acutely unpleasant.  It is also deeply embedded with loss of sexual virginity, in that abstinence was preferred, as there were zero mechanisms to deal with tawdry sexual diseases such as syphilis.  So you better hope that the Seigneur did not have it, because if he did, then you would, your bride would, and you can forget about child-rearing.  If you as husband resisted the taking of your new bride, then the Seigneur instantly put you to the sword.  Death was common, and life was cheap.  

The real question is: to what extent is Western life headed back to medieval times and practices?   I think the risk is a lot greater than most people realize.  There is this somnolence in the population that simply refuses to recognize just how tectonic the shifts are, and what is logically coming.  Another good reason to keep your guns oiled up.  Incidentally, since Antifa started going nuts, the gun sales on an annualized basis are now up by 80%.  Good for business, I suppose. 

My crackpot theory: Western lifeways will collapse, get yer guns oiled. Plus, I will *confidently* stylize my galaxy brained imagination with some Hollywood sized middle ages entertainment plot devices.

"Historians David A. Walker and Hector McKechnie wrote that the "right" might have existed in medieval Europe,[1][2] but other historians have concluded that it is a myth, and that all references to it are from later periods.[3][4]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

What's great about Wikipedia is they include source references to the scholarship in the notes section. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/004724417100100186

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SUZNV said:

Many houses in big Cali cities turn garage into bedroom or suit.

Yep.  So they can try to rent it out to help pay the taxes in Cali!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I am praying hard that Trump wins. If Biden wins I worry about the sanity of Americans voting for an early dementia patient as President. 

Trump toadies attack Biden without realizing they're pwning their boy Donald. Not only did Donald tweet about shuffling down a ramp but he rambled about it at length -- like an dementia patient -- in his WSJ interview. Donald is clearly scared of falling in public, even chooses his shoe sole material to prevent falling down. Why is that? 

"Yeah. After the helicopters came over, the hats went up, the general said, Sir, Are you ready? I said, I'm ready. And he led me to a ramp that was long and steep and slippery. And I said, I got a problem because I wear, you know, the leather bottom shoes. I can show them to you if you like. Same pair. And you know what I mean, they're slippery. I like them better than the rubber because they don't catch. So they're better for this. But they're not good for ramps. I said, General, I got a problem here. That ramp is slippery. So I'm going to go real easy. So I did. And then the last 10 feet I ran down. They always stop it just before I ran, they always stop it. So, I spent three hours between speeches and saluting people and they end up, all they talked about is ramp. If you would have seen this ramp, it was like an ice skating rink. So I'm the only one that can happen. But the church is an interesting thing. I mean, here I spent three hours on stage, the sun pouring in and I saluted 1,106 cadets, and that's not easy. Even the general said, That's amazing. Other presidents would never have been able to do it. Because usually they do the first 10. They do 10 honor rolls, and then they go home. I stayed there for hours. And what do I do? I get publicity about walking down a ramp. And does he have Parkinson's? I don't think so." https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/politics/trump-ramp-west-point-commencement-speech/index.html

"New research suggests that rambling and non-specific speech could be early signs of Alzheimer's disease or dementia."

https://www.sciencealert.com/rambling-and-vague-speech-could-be-early-signs-of-alzheimer-s-scientists-find

Annotation 2020-06-20 114900.png

"And I said, I got a problem because I wear, you know, the leather bottom shoes. I can show them to you if you like. Same pair. And you know what I mean, they're slippery. I like them better than the rubber because they don't catch. So they're better for this. But they're not good for ramps." 

Ramble on, Dementia Donald. Ramble on. 

4 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

My crackpot theory: Western lifeways will collapse, get yer guns oiled. Plus, I will *confidently* stylize my galaxy brained imagination with some Hollywood sized middle ages entertainment plot devices.

"Historians David A. Walker and Hector McKechnie wrote that the "right" might have existed in medieval Europe,[1][2] but other historians have concluded that it is a myth, and that all references to it are from later periods.[3][4]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

What's great about Wikipedia is they include source references to the scholarship in the notes section. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/004724417100100186

I would think that many nobles would have ended up dead due to their indulgence in Droit du seigneur. Possibly not immediately, to avoid suspicion. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

"And I said, I got a problem because I wear, you know, the leather bottom shoes. I can show them to you if you like. Same pair. And you know what I mean, they're slippery. I like them better than the rubber because they don't catch. So they're better for this. But they're not good for ramps." 

Ramble on, Dementia Donald. Ramble on. 

I don't see any rambling on, just some detail. Biden has obvious word salad talk and tries to come up with words or thoughts which he cannot bring to mind. I have twenty years of experience working with such cases. There is no comparison whatsoever to Trump. He is a voluble and coherent speaker. You may not like what he says, but it makes sense to his base and many moderates. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dementia

Stages[edit]

Mild cognitive impairment[edit]

In the first stages of dementia, signs and symptoms may be subtle. Often, the early signs become apparent when looking back in time. The earliest stage of dementia is called mild cognitive impairment (MCI). 70% of those diagnosed with MCI later progress to dementia.[12] In MCI, changes in the person's brain have been happening for a long time, but symptoms are just beginning to appear. These problems, however, are not severe enough to affect daily function. If/once they do, the diagnosis becomes dementia. A person with MCI scores between 27 and 30 on the Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE), which is a normal score. They may have some memory trouble and trouble finding words, but they solve everyday problems and competently handle their life affairs.[32]

Early stages[edit]

In the early stage of dementia, symptoms become noticeable to others. In addition, the symptoms begin to interfere with daily activities. MMSE scores are between 20 and 25. The symptoms are dependent on the type of dementia. More complicated chores and tasks around the house or at work become more difficult. The person can usually still take care of themselves but may forget things like taking pills or doing laundry and may need prompting or reminders.[33]

The symptoms of early dementia usually include memory difficulty, but can also include some word-finding problems (anomia) and problems with planning and organizational skills (executive function).[34] One very good way of assessing a person's impairment is by asking if they are still able to handle their finances independently. This is often one of the first things to become problematic. Other signs might be getting lost in new places, repeating things, personality changes,[35] social withdrawal and difficulties at work.

When evaluating dementia, it is important to consider how the person functioned five or ten years earlier. It is also important to consider education level when assessing function. For example, an accountant who can no longer balance a checkbook would be more concerning than a person who had not finished high school or had never taken care of their own finances.[12]

In Alzheimer's dementia the most prominent early symptom is memory difficulty. Others include word-finding problems and getting lost. In other types of dementia, such as dementia with Lewy bodies and fronto-temporal dementia, personality changes and difficulty with organization and planning may be the first signs.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_salad

Vetting Joe Biden

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19dWQ1ucBsPQyj0WuVMfXmr6DTTeG8TwKbVuWE9_Rswg/edit

• Upvote 1

(edited)

18 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Infection testing rates have been trending up significantly. 

How can this be?  Please! the President of the United States has ordered his people to slow down the testing! 😱

Edited by Hotone

22 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

My crackpot theory

Which one? Everything you type is a crackpot theory. 

7 hours ago, Hotone said:

How can this be?  Please! the President of the United States has ordered his people to slow down the testing! 😱

TDS has you so bad you don't know what an order is? Trump makes a joke and you're all discombobulated?

Trump must be the greatest businessman ever, look how he gets to live rent free in all your heads!  🤪😜🤪

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

8 hours ago, Hotone said:

Very good statement on Trumps part..perhaps he should have been a bit more candid..Covid is here and there is not one thing can be done to eliminate that. Testing the masses would ony create havoc and fear, the results could very well tear down the fabric of society.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Very good statement on Trumps part..perhaps he should have been a bit more candid..Covid is here and there is not one thing can be done to eliminate that. Testing the masses would ony create havoc and fear, the results could very well tear down the fabric of society.

I agree. However, looks like those loonie lefties already tearing down the fabric of your society? Same in the UK, and they even trying it here in Australia. As a centre-right leaning Australian, I shudder to think of the security implications of a Biden + both house win. Australia is spending a small fortune beefing up our defense force but our nine "future frigates" will take a decade to build and our 12 new subs will not be ready for 20 years. Our govt mistakenly believed that Chinese military would not pose a serious threat until 2050, despite the numerous warnings I gave them 5 years ago. At least the F-35 is on track now. That is all we have. We could have had 10 Japanese subs and perhaps a couple of Virginia class nuclear subs from USA by now if the govt had listened to me. They didn't want to even spend $1bn to store fuel, and now they are scrambling to do so. Any Australian with a brain is now praying that Trump wins. 

• Like 2

(edited)

On 6/22/2020 at 1:09 AM, Ward Smith said:

TDS has you so bad you don't know what an order is? Trump makes a joke and you're all discombobulated?  

On the contrary, I am extremely happy with the job that Donald is doing as POTUS.  4 more years! 4 more years! MAGA!

But please take away his nuclear codes.

Edited by Hotone