50 shades of black

New wave of Coronavirus? Beijing City Raises COVID-19 Emergency Response Level To II From III

Beijing’s city government on Tuesday raised its COVID-19 emergency response level to II from III, according to state media. The Chinese capital has been battling with a fresh outbreak of the new coronavirus, with more than a 100 new cases confirmed in recent days.

• Like 1

It is all because of their eating habits. And created new china virus...

• Like 1

So they’ve realised they haven’t completely ruined the rest of the worlds economy and have released more virus just to finish the job off.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

Great. We need to get more flights from Beijing to the rest of the world. OMG.

• Rolling Eye 1

Second wave will be hitting the World at some point. How can we trust this Chinese Govt?

• Like 1

(edited)

The situation in Beijing is already under control, but authorities are overreacting, and for the purpose.

The cost of second wave for economy like China is at least:

14,000*0.2*0.2=560 billion dollars (GDP*lost 20% of GDP over at least 0.2 of year: over 2 months)

So 0.5 trillion dollars,

but in fact a lot more cause the longer epidemic and associated lockdowns:

the more damage to service industry, and the longer time needed for the return to pre covid employment and consumption.

It is certainly worth isolating Beijing for a 3-4 weeks.

90% of Chinese industry returned to pre COVID activity

Retail sales are only -2.8% Y/Y in May 2020:

This means: the epidemic was relatively short and had low effect on employment, people are returning to their consumption habits, even if with some caution.

Message for US readers: Yes China has V type recovery

W020200616338398795399_r75.jpg

Edited by Marcin2
added data
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

1 - "...the epidemic was relatively short and had low effect on employment" 

2 - "...The situation in Beijing is already under control" - of course, if you have one sources of information: state medias.

1 - I agree: The rest of the World still feels the consequences of the epidemic that China has started.

2 - Of course, if you have one sources of information: state medias.

So, It depends on how we look at the glass: whether it is half empty or half full...

Since Lyndon Johnson was in office the United States has spent $23 Trillion on minorities to what end? I am tired of hearing about slavery when 1. There is not a Black American today that has any potential History of relatives of era. 2. People seem to forget that Black Africans sold there own race into slavery to White slave traders. This has been nothing but Talking Points for generations of political leaders to grasp and keep Black Americans in a party that even when we had the first Black President with complete control of both house’s of Congress DID NOTHING! And I have many Black American friends who dislike being called African Americans because there grandfather’s and grandmothers Grandparents were born in America and are Americans!

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Pavel said:

1 - I agree: The rest of the World still feels the consequences of the epidemic that China has started.

2 - Of course, if you have one sources of information: state medias.

So, It depends on how we look at the glass: whether it is half empty or half full...

I just stated the obvious:

1. I already given arguments why I think impact on Chinese economy was not that bad: 45 days of epidemic , and V type recovery: Please try to improve quality of your answers the hint is: they need arguments to be useful,

2. The number of cases shows the situation is under control: not 10,000 but 100 and I bet at least 1 hundred thousand of tests were made.

It has nothing to do with the fact that China is dictatorship.