Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KH

Merkel - Trump: NATO Chief Plays Down Concern Over US Troop Plans In Germany

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg on Tuesday played down concern that the United States will rush to pull thousands of its troops out of Germany, as doubts swirled in Europe about when such a withdrawal might take place.
President Donald Trump has said that he is ordering a major reduction in U.S. troop strength in Germany, from around 34,500 personnel down to 25,000. Members of his own party have criticized the move as a gift to Russia and a threat to U.S. national security. Germany is a hub for U.S. operations in the Middle East and home to its European command headquarters. “The U.S. has made it clear that no final decision has been made on how and when,” Stoltenberg told reporters on the eve of two days of video meetings between NATO defense ministers, where the issue is to be discussed. Stoltenberg has spoken to Trump about the move and says he’s also in contact with Germany.

• Like 1

Whether they pay or not, it's the U.S. best interest to have troops in Europe. Not just in Europe ...

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, joze44 said:

Whether they pay or not, it's the U.S. best interest to have troops in Europe. Not just in Europe ...

That is a interesting thought, why would it be in the best interests of Europe? It would seem actually it is a fact the former Soviet Union is no longer, along with the fact the EU has matured and should be quite capable of forming some type of alliance to ward off any minimal threat. Self governance or better said self reliance does create a certain pride within a population.

As to the US supporting a continent that is more than capable of supporting itself is astounding..

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Remember guys today is 15 June 2020, presidential election is in 139 days.

Trump won 1 term because of his promise to make US military engagement around the world more reasonable.

Steve Bannon said in one of his lectures that some swing states with relatively high number of Iraq/Afghanistan war casualties were won because of this promise.

Donald Trump could not fulfill this promise: because of MIC and because staying in Iraq and Afghanistan (and Germany) is a case of long-term US strategy.

American rednecks cannot comprehend these facts, so why not promise again.

Today is Germany, I think I have heard something about Iraq the other day, just campaign, just promises.

In fact it is prudent to decrease US forces in Germany to 25,000 or even 20,000.  This would actually increase overall combat capabilities if some of the saved money is spent on the remaining troops and gear.

It is not 1950s or 60s, major land war in Europe against USSR (Russia) is no longer possible.

These troops are not needed at all. Instead increase navy and air force by the same number and move them to East Asia theater: Guam, Okinawa, South Korea : they are needed there.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

Donald Trump could not fulfill this promise: because of MIC

An interesting acronym for a Pole to use. 

• Like 3

Why did Donald Trump withdraw troops from Germany without consulting the Pentagon?

Merkel hurt his fee fees. Donald wanted to throw a party and she declined the invite. So, Donald abused his office and harmed US national security out of personal spite. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

There is no military threat in Europe, provided that someone does not come up with the idea of Ukraine and Belarus membership in NATO again.

Russia 20 years ago clearly indicated that this was her national security issue so we had civil war with Russian intervention in 2014.

However, no one intends to attack NATO countries.

The fact that most NATO member countries do not feel any military threat and the interests of Western Europe and the US towards Russia China are increasingly divorcing is the cause of NATO's brain death.

We are also threatened by the Turkey-Greece conflict and France and Turkey are currently waging a proxy war in Libya.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

An interesting acronym for a Pole to use. 

What is so peculiar in it ? don’t get it

21 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

Why did Donald Trump withdraw troops from Germany without consulting the Pentagon?

Merkel hurt his fee fees. Donald wanted to throw a party and she declined the invite. So, Donald abused his office and harmed US national security out of personal spite. 

Number one, in your drug induced haze, perhaps you can't distinguish past, present and future. Trump "did" not "withdraw troops from Germany without consulting the Pentagon". Trump announced that he was considering it. And I know to an incel like you, hierarchy of command has no meaning, but in the real world where the rest of us live, the Commander in Chief is the freaking boss, which even a child like you should understand to mean the guy in charge. Hence, the President is under no obligation to request permission from the Pentagon for any initiatives whatsoever. That's not how chain of command works. 

The second part of your rant just shows the non reality you exist in. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Number one, in your drug induced haze, perhaps you can't distinguish past, present and future. Trump "did" not "withdraw troops from Germany without consulting the Pentagon". Trump announced that he was considering it. And I know to an incel like you, hierarchy of command has no meaning, but in the real world where the rest of us live, the Commander in Chief is the freaking boss, which even a child like you should understand to mean the guy in charge. Hence, the President is under no obligation to request permission from the Pentagon for any initiatives whatsoever. That's not how chain of command works. 

The second part of your rant just shows the non reality you exist in. 

A US president is a public employee. That makes me Donald's boss. I mean, not me alone, of course. If he is a bad public employee the US constitution says he can be impeached. 

DOJ policy does not allow a sitting president to be indicted for crimes. That will have to wait until Donald is removed from office on Jan 20, 2021. Once his office terminates the DOJ can slap the cuffs on him. 

Anywho...Bankruptcy Donald, craptastic employee that he is, did not consult the expertise of the US national security infrastructure before he started popping off about withdrawing troops from Germany. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, BradleyPNW said:

A US president is a public employee. 

I think it is just a figure of speech. In that case the shareholders should be people who pay tax on average more than they receive (shareholder should not depend on other shareholder for income but to trade his share). We also never had any employee signing out execute order. 

In countries with democracy system, a President/Prime Minister are more likely to  be public delegator, like CEO of a non-profit organization.

• Upvote 1

A US president is a public employee. That makes me Donald's boss. I mean, not me alone, of course. If he is a bad public employee the US constitution says he can be impeached. 

DOJ policy does not allow a sitting president to be indicted for crimes. That will have to wait until Donald is removed from office on Jan 20, 2021. Once his office terminates the DOJ can slap the cuffs on him. 

Anywho...Bankruptcy Donald, craptastic employee that he is, did not consult the expertise of the US national security infrastructure before he started popping off about withdrawing troops from Germany. 

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Carry on 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Carry on 

Yeah, that's why I post links to source material written by subject matter experts. Guys who think they know everything regurgitate crackpot theories then demand to be taken seriously. 

• Rolling Eye 1

On 6/17/2020 at 3:46 AM, Eyes Wide Open said:

That is a interesting thought, why would it be in the best interests of Europe? It would seem actually it is a fact the former Soviet Union is no longer, along with the fact the EU has matured and should be quite capable of forming some type of alliance to ward off any minimal threat. Self governance or better said self reliance does create a certain pride within a population.

As to the US supporting a continent that is more than capable of supporting itself is astounding..

Indeed, 25000 troops is plenty enough. We do not have enough US troops here in Australia and the region more generally. China is far bigger threat than Russia.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

Yeah, that's why I post links to source material written by subject matter experts. Guys who think they know everything regurgitate crackpot theories then demand to be taken seriously. 

I rarely post links because I do in fact know just about everything. That is because I do a lot of reading and have a good memory. Guys that have to post links to source material obviously don't know anything, it shows they rely on google to help them make a point.

(edited)

On 6/16/2020 at 12:42 PM, joze44 said:

Over half of the German base troops decrease will be going to a major new base being built in Poland. The rest to other overseas bases.  Some to ME. 

The bases I'm Poland will have advanced technology and capability. It most definitely will not be a gift to Russia.  Just the opposite. 

Much ado about nothing 

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 1

Once in a blue moon you'll post a link, and if by "subject matter experts" you mean mouth breathing liberal indoctrinated mouthpieces then you possibly have a point. Meanwhile in my thousands of Upvoted posts, I've delivered hundreds more links than all your posts put together. And yes, like wombat I know so much more than you do in mommy's basement that it isn't even funny anymore. So hit your bong again and pretend you belong with the adults in the room. The adults are amused. Carry on 

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

11 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

Bradley

Don't you have concern voting for Biden, a man that has a serious decline in cognitive function.  

I'm serious.  Everyone knows this. 

Have you seen some of his video clips where he can't put a thought together, starts mumbling then just stops. It's sad. 

I'm not crazy about Trump. I didn't vote for him.

If Biden is elected it obvious Joe won't make it thru the four year term the way he is now failing.  

Can't the Dems replace him before their convention ?   The DNC needs to reason with him.  Get him to withdraw. 

Edited by BLA
  • Haha 1

Why thankyou Bradley...post some links as to the experts on Trumps BK's. I can assure you there are quite a members here that do understand large capitalization adventure's...I for one am quite interested...take heed however plz no reporters...actual financially successful people..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Once in a blue moon you'll post a link, and if by "subject matter experts" you mean mouth breathing liberal indoctrinated mouthpieces then you possibly have a point. Meanwhile in my thousands of Upvoted posts, I've delivered hundreds more links than all your posts put together. And yes, like wombat I know so much more than you do in mommy's basement that it isn't even funny anymore. So hit your bong again and pretend you belong with the adults in the room. The adults are amused. Carry on 

My mom makes great lasagna. Come over, I'll have her make some. You won't be laughing anymore. The basement. Yeah, My mom said the neighbors complained when the band came over so we moved out of the garage into the basement. 

Congrats on your thousands up upvotes. Quite impressive. 

• Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Wombat said:

I rarely post links because I do in fact know just about everything. That is because I do a lot of reading and have a good memory. Guys that have to post links to source material obviously don't know anything, it shows they rely on google to help them make a point.

Amazing. I imagine you look like this in real life. 

ascension-chakra.jpg

27 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Why thankyou Bradley...post some links as to the experts on Trumps BK's. I can assure you there are quite a members here that do understand large capitalization adventure's...I for one am quite interested...take heed however plz no reporters...actual financially successful people..

That's not really a subject matter expert issue. SMEs are academics and working professionals recognized as authorities by peers in their respective knowledge domains. Nevertheless, Mike Bloomberg is many times Donald Trump's financial net worth. And he's connected to the NYC business community. Involved in finance and banking. 

I'm not proud of hitting the slow pitch soft ball over the fence but I'm not going to just let it go by and take a strike for no reason. 

Annotation 2020-06-17 143159.png

3 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

Amazing. I imagine you look like this in real life. 

ascension-chakra.jpg

Yes, how did you know?

(edited)

That's not really a subject matter expert issue. SMEs are academics and working professionals recognized as authorities by peers in their respective knowledge domains. Nevertheless, Mike Bloomberg is many times Donald Trump's financial net worth. And he's connected to the NYC business community. Involved in finance and banking. 

I'm not proud of hitting the slow pitch soft ball over the fence but I'm not going to just let it go by and take a strike for no reason. 

Bradley posting Rumor Has it and psycho babble is indeed a low bar. Citing a political opponent who donated 500 million to clean up the Democratic party as a objective and well founded source?

Failure again,have you not noticed each and every time the Democratic leadership use Rumor Has It failure always follows. As we speak Adam Schiff is hiding under the banner of sovereign immunity and in his own country.

Repetition  of failure is by itself a definition of insanity..Rumor Has It...a game for losers..never ending losers

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

pffft... "I have the record & the reources to defeat you"? Who is still standing for President? You just proved the point that Eyes Wide Open made to you?