Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AV

Self-Driving Car Pioneers Are Slowing Down After Crashes

According to Bloomberg New Energy Finance report a series of high-profile accidents involving self-driving cars are slowing the mad rush into the autonomous vehicles business. The accidents, some of them fatal, have ignited a debate about how to regulate the safety of self-driving vehicles and tempered the public’s expectations. They’ve also exposed the downside of rushing to market, prompting some in the industry to slow down. 

I think it's better if they do a LOT more testing behind closed doors before they send these vehicles out on the streets again - at least it'd be better for their imago.

(edited)

They should have slow down before all these crashes. I can’t imagine a computer-driven car is capable of driving through tough traffic situations involving pedestrians, delivery trucks, bicycles, dog walkers, special construction zones and all the chaos that I see on a daily basis. They need  much more improvements before their inclusion in a traffic jungle. 

Edited by Stormysaga

I think that self-driving cars will drive better than any person, but not before 2022 at the latest. They will be able to handle any tough traffic situation, any pedestrians and any construction situation.