ff

CoVid in Spain, 9 months before China

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-science-idUSKBN23X2HQ

Early samples indicate presence of CoVid virus in Spain, 9 months prior to China.  Other countries are investigating also their cases prior to 2020. Trump is on record to state he ordered reduced testing, and the level of testing remains pitifully low, yeah dastardly low. Why? 

Americans need to start connecting dots.  The CoVid was 1st developed and patented in the US, in 2007.  The BLM thing, though real, is to deflect attention, to create anger. The response to CoVid is to drive people into poverty, to create anger, to create a scapegoat. The propaganda machine will channel this anger.  'murcans believe war lifted them out of the 1930s depression. 'murcans will believe this again; and when they are poor, and believe their poverty results from an external enemy, and believe they have nowhere to go but up, and believe theirs is the just cause predicted in their bible, they will be duly primed and ready for the next big war. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, frankfurter said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-science-idUSKBN23X2HQ

Early samples indicate presence of CoVid virus in Spain, 9 months prior to China.  Other countries are investigating also their cases prior to 2020. Trump is on record to state he ordered reduced testing, and the level of testing remains pitifully low, yeah dastardly low. Why? 

Americans need to start connecting dots.  The CoVid was 1st developed and patented in the US, in 2007.  The BLM thing, though real, is to deflect attention, to create anger. The response to CoVid is to drive people into poverty, to create anger, to create a scapegoat. The propaganda machine will channel this anger.  'murcans believe war lifted them out of the 1930s depression. 'murcans will believe this again; and when they are poor, and believe their poverty results from an external enemy, and believe they have nowhere to go but up, and believe theirs is the just cause predicted in their bible, they will be duly primed and ready for the next big war. 

I agree with everything, except take the Bible out.  It's not good to denigrate anyone's religion.  

6 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Odds that the sewage sample had a false positive? 100% or thereabouts. 

Trump never ordered reduced testing, although he has (rightly) pointed out that increasing testing has obviously led to increasing the number of Covid cases. The MSM working as it does for the Democratic Communist Party has trumpeted the increase in cases as validation that the shut downs worked and permanent shut down is needed. The insanity is breathtaking. Meanwhile the death rate stubbornly refuses to rise, proving definitely that I and others here were right and the disease was substantially less deadly than claimed. 

The rest of your diatribe means nothing. China is more likely to go to war with her neighbors than the US. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Last summer - late August bank holiday I was ill for a week with Flu. I thought it was strange as I had flu in January (last time I had Flu like that was the mid 90's. Anyway the summer flu was during a heat wave however I had such a bad chill that I needed to sleep under about 3 duvets. It never developed into a respiratory infection (I take high dose Vit D that may help ward off Pneumonia) but I do wonder now if it was COVID as it was right outside the Influenza A & B seasons. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NickW said:

Last summer - late August bank holiday I was ill for a week with Flu. I thought it was strange as I had flu in January (last time I had Flu like that was the mid 90's. Anyway the summer flu was during a heat wave however I had such a bad chill that I needed to sleep under about 3 duvets. It never developed into a respiratory infection (I take high dose Vit D that may help ward off Pneumonia) but I do wonder now if it was COVID as it was right outside the Influenza A & B seasons. 

The more likely answer is your January flu mutated in your body and reappeared slightly different so your antibody defenses were fooled, which is why viruses are still with us, they continually mutate having only half strand RNA rather than error correcting DNA. 

The Covid hadn't escaped from Wuhan lab yet. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

The more likely answer is your January flu mutated in your body and reappeared slightly different so your antibody defenses were fooled, which is why viruses are still with us, they continually mutate having only half strand RNA rather than error correcting DNA. 

The Covid hadn't escaped from Wuhan lab yet. 

Not over that time period. Only possibility I had A type in Winter and B type in the summer or vice versa. 

I suspect the escape from Wuhan lab was probably staff selling lab animals in that wet market

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hotone said:

I agree with everything, except take the Bible out.  It's not good to denigrate anyone's religion.  

The research has been submitted for a peer review.

Dr Joan Ramon Villalbi of the Spanish Society for Public Health and Sanitary Administration told Reuters it was still early to draw definitive conclusions.

“When it’s just one result, you always want more data, more studies, more samples to confirm it and rule out a laboratory error or a methodological problem,” he said.

There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other respiratory infections.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

6 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Trump never ordered reduced testing, although he has (rightly) pointed out that increasing testing has obviously led to increasing the number of Covid cases.

He is on record:

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re gonna find more people you’re gonna find more cases. So I said to my people slow the testing down, please,” Trump told a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Maybe "please" isn't an actual order; but then this:

"I don't kid, let me just tell you, let me make it clear," Trump told a reporter on Monday, when asked again if he was kidding when he said Saturday he instructed his administration to slow down coronavirus testing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/politics/donald-trump-testing-slow-down-response/index.html

Sure testing is up, and numbers are up - some of the increase is from more testing, some from more cases. As noted, thankfully, the number of serious cases and deaths/day is holding pretty stable. I imagine some of that is physicians are getting better at treating patients (learning from mistakes) and that more mild cases are being identified.  Mild cases need to be identified to monitor the spread so more testing is always better.  More samples, better data, better decisions.   Trumps see-no-evil suggestion is plain foolish.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

He is on record:

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re gonna find more people you’re gonna find more cases. So I said to my people slow the testing down, please,” Trump told a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Maybe "please" isn't an actual order; but then this:

"I don't kid, let me just tell you, let me make it clear," Trump told a reporter on Monday, when asked again if he was kidding when he said Saturday he instructed his administration to slow down coronavirus testing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/politics/donald-trump-testing-slow-down-response/index.html

Sure testing is up, and numbers are up - some of the increase is from more testing, some from more cases. As noted, thankfully, the number of serious cases and deaths/day is holding pretty stable. I imagine some of that is physicians are getting better at treating patients (learning from mistakes) and that more mild cases are being identified.  Mild cases need to be identified to monitor the spread so more testing is always better.  More samples, better data, better decisions.   Trumps see-no-evil suggestion is plain foolish.

Do I trust your quote or this quote? 

In the interview with CBN News, Trump was asked directly if he told his administration to slow down testing, as he said at his rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday night. 
"No," he answered, "but I think we put ourselves at a disadvantage, I told my people. I said, 'We've gotten so good at testing ... We test much more than any other nation,' so you hear about all these cases." 
"So, instead of 25 million tests, let's say we did 10 million tests. We'd look like we were doing much better because we'd have far fewer cases. You understand that," Trump told CBN. "I wouldn't do that, but I will say this: We do so much more than other countries it makes us, in a way, look bad but actually we're doing the right thing." 
Trump also said his comment in Tulsa was "semi-tongue in cheek" and asserted that "when you do more testing you find more cases."

Edited by Ward Smith
Added emphasis so even Enthalpic would get it ;)
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Edited 4 hours ago by Ward Smith
Added emphasis so even Enthalpic would get it ;)

Ward, you are a hysterically funny guy!

4 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Do I trust your quote or this quote? 

So far I only see increases in testing rates which is a good thing.

If we soon see drastically decreasing testing rates we will know trump is trying to manipulate things. He might spin it like the virus is over - it is not.

3 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Ward, you are a hysterically funny guy!

I'm far too spicy for your taste of dry humour and bland cheese.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

The rest of your diatribe means nothing. China is more likely to go to war with her neighbors than the US. 

China is already at war with her neighbors.  Ask the governments of India, Viet Nam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Tibet...   oops., they not only went to war with that one, they knocked it over and have subjugated it, kinda like the Wehrmacht and Poland. Yup, lovely leadership over there in the Communist Party of China.  Just lovely. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

China is already at war with her neighbors.  Ask the governments of India, Viet Nam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Tibet...   oops., they not only went to war with that one, they knocked it over and have subjugated it, kinda like the Wehrmacht and Poland. Yup, lovely leadership over there in the Communist Party of China.  Just lovely. 

War?  Please explain, with citations.  Before the global expansion of the British empire, Tibet was was a region within imperial China. The Brits invaded Tibet, set up a puppet, and tried to render it a protectorate of India, Modern China said no, and simply took it back. Today, no wars occur within Tibet.  War with Vietnam?  Philippines? how so?  when?  War with India?  The last real war was 1962, instigated by India. China RETURNED the conquered lands to India, thus establishing the LAC.  Since 1962, China has not crossed the LAC, whereas India has attempted to cross and occupy very many times. Each time was repulsed. If this is your idea of war, fine, but at least place the blame correctly. 

While you are demeaning China, why not consider YOUR country support of Israel unilaterally annexing the entire West Bank?  I find you to be rather immoral: you uphold the rights of Tibetans and Indians, yet care nothing about the lives of Palestinians. You imagine a war twixt China/India because that is what you wish to see. But you ignore entirely the reality of an active twixt Israel and the defenceless Palestinians. 

• Great Response! 1

27 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

But you ignore entirely the reality of an active twixt Israel and the defenceless Palestinians. 

On the contrary.  I am actually a member of a Jewish organization dedicated to peace on the Palestine frontier and the return of lands taken by the Zionists, notwithstanding that I am not Jewish.  I personally repudiate Netanyahu  and say so loudly.  You just come along and dump your poison on me and anyone else who happens to call you out for being a communist shill.  Too bad; so sad. 

It is my view that the border between Palestine and Israel should be that set in 1948.  It is a minority view, to be sure. 

I personally advocate for the freeing of Gaza by the West financing the construction of a new port at Gaza City, a deepwater terminal with jetties out into the Med, plus breakwaters.  I would advocate the construction of deep drydocks, greater than those of Malta and Gibralter, so that there would be a ship repair fcility in Gaza that would provide for local employment.  I also advocate the rehabilitation and opening of the Gaza Airport, which was paid for by the UN and the use was interfered in by Israel, while it still sat on land inside Gaza.  It is time to bring Gaza aout of prison status and made part of the international community.  

Meanwhile, you are and remain an insolent jerk for making commments about me that are utterly untruthful.  So, screw you, jerk.

• Upvote 1

well, well, and what about your very false comments about me, not to mention your open hostility?  If what you write is true, then you are to be commended for at least stating your view, which I hope you will manifest into assertive action. I hope you come to know, eventually, China has offered and attempted many times to bring humanitarian and developmental aid to the Palestinians, only to be thwarted by the Israel and USA governments. I doubt you may know, for 2 reasons; your media never reports this; and you will never believe someone like me, the jerk or whatever libel you choose. 

11 hours ago, frankfurter said:

War?  Please explain, with citations.  Before the global expansion of the British empire, Tibet was was a region within imperial China. The Brits invaded Tibet, set up a puppet, and tried to render it a protectorate of India, Modern China said no, and simply took it back. Today, no wars occur within Tibet.  War with Vietnam?  Philippines? how so?  when?  War with India?  The last real war was 1962, instigated by India. China RETURNED the conquered lands to India, thus establishing the LAC.  Since 1962, China has not crossed the LAC, whereas India has attempted to cross and occupy very many times. Each time was repulsed. If this is your idea of war, fine, but at least place the blame correctly. 

While you are demeaning China, why not consider YOUR country support of Israel unilaterally annexing the entire West Bank?  I find you to be rather immoral: you uphold the rights of Tibetans and Indians, yet care nothing about the lives of Palestinians. You imagine a war twixt China/India because that is what you wish to see. But you ignore entirely the reality of an active twixt Israel and the defenceless Palestinians. 

Ooh, Ooh,  can I play? 

China forgets its Vietnam War

• Like 1