Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zhong Lu

The Boris Yeltsin of America

(edited)

I think the Russians wanted revenge for the American government inflicting Boris Yeltsin on them, which led to the collapse of the Russian empire.  So in revenge they helped elect Trump.  I've always thought of Trump as "the Boris Yeltsin of America."  And Trump's blundering response to the Russian bounty situation is further evidence of his incompetence.

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Haha 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Its only partly true although they remember this photo below

The Russians preferred Trump because they know that the American establishment is clearly oriented against Russia. Trump at least gave some hope.

Now they know that the future is the alliance with China against the USA. 

And I honestly think that this is a defeat of American policy.

Well-known Brzezinski suggested an alliance with China to oppress Russia.

Here it should be noted that Mr. Brzeziński is half-Polish and one of the most outstanding Poles Roman Dmowski said that some Poles hate Russia even more than they love Poland.

It failed and now we have a deepening Russian-Chinese alliance.

The alliance is uneven, but Russia simply has no other choice.

This is the biggest defeat of American and western policy after 1991 and a serious challenge for the 21st century.

1101960715_400.jpg

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 3

We'll see how long it lasts. Russia's alliance with China has historically been temporary affairs.  

I don't consider the idea that "Russians caused Trump's election" viable. There are prerequisites no foreign power could create. Trump is a statesman of alarming, glaring incompetence who produces moronic statements on daily basis (about injecting disinfectant, about global warming, etc.), and that lies casually the way children lie (i.e. stupidly, about things that can be verified in a few seconds). Despite that, a significant majority of American population is ready to accept/overlook this, which is definitely a sign of deeply troubled society. I see the main problem in education - proper, quality education is available only to dwindling caste of the upper class, most people spend their youth in terrible, crowded "holding pens" that do very little to hone their critical thinking - the most important requirement of a responsible citizen and conscious voter. A healthy, properly educated society could never vote Donald Trump to be their president - that's something nor Russians nor Chinese can influence. 

By leaving the poor behind in a hell without education, proper living condition and healthcare, those left behind will eventually drag the rest of the US society into the very hell they built together. There is no prosperity without certain amount of social justice and solidarity. 

• Great Response! 2

On 7/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, Zhong Lu said:

I think the Russians wanted revenge for the American government inflicting Boris Yeltsin on them, which led to the collapse of the Russian empire.  So in revenge they helped elect Trump.  I've always thought of Trump as "the Boris Yeltsin of America."  And Trump's blundering response to the Russian bounty situation is further evidence of his incompetence.

474B6427-C43B-4CA7-8E58-71C7CC42DA76.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

(edited)

Well, given the results so far Trump is like the Boris Yeltsin of America. Note the division, the incompetence and corruption of the current administration, and its utter inability at handling any important crisis.  

Exactly what does the Trump administration have to brag about after 4 years in office?

Agriculture: In the crapper.

Energy industry: in the crapper.

Manufacturing: in the crapper.

Economy: in the crapper.

Riots in cities. 

One wonders, reading these threads, if most of the Trump supporters on this forum are a single secret Russian troll or a paid Republican PAC person because they ALWAYS say the exact same shit in the exact same way.  Most of these posts are looking more and more like they're from one sociopathic dude on like 20 different internet accounts as their responses and grammar and language are all similar to one another, reusing the SAME OLD INSULTS and images, with no variation or further thought.  And even if I'm wrong, the fact that I can't tell apart between which account I'm talking to at any give time, would show a disturbing uniformity of thought, which is more common to dictatorships then democracies.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:29 AM, Zhong Lu said:

Would you please stop trying to make Americans into Russians? A couple of days ago you started a thread, "Sometimes I think Trump supporters on this forum are Russians." That was bad enough. And now comes this insinuation that President Trump is somehow "the Boris Yelsin of America." Do you think this is cute? Or somehow makes you an intellectual? A deep thinker?

Well, think again. Pretty much all Trump supporters are the antithesis of Russians, and Trump is about as different from Boris Yelsin as you can get. For one thing, Mr. Yelsin was a falling down drunk barely capable of governing. Once, when he was staying in Blair House in Washington, DC, he wandered out into the street in his underwear, trying to find a pizza in the middle of the night. To call Mr. Trump the "Boris Yelsin of America" is degrading and you, sir, should be banned from this forum.

You must have an awful lot of hatred in you to do this. Hatred will eat your soul, and then the rest of your health. For your own sake, you really should go look in the mirror and ask the guy who looks back if this is the way you wish to lead your life. If he has a lick of sense he will advise you to change your tone.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

Trump may not be frequently drunk, but he has shown an utter incapability in governing and a general willingness to let a foreign nation (in this case, ironically, Russia) to run rings around him.  In that respect I consider him to be similar to Boris Yeltsin.  He's about the same age, too.  One wonders if he would be a better leader if he was drunk more.  At least your insults are different, unlike the usual trite "try reading for once" or "you're just sheep" or "here's this insulting image that I've been using for the last 10 years."  So your account gets credit for that.

Also, here's another thing that I'm interested in: why are you upset even though I'm attacking someone else? It's not like I'm calling you "the Boris Yeltsin of America" or throwing shade in your direction.  Is your ego so enmeshed with Donald Trump's that you can't tell apart the difference? 

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Rolling Eye 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:29 PM, Zhong Lu said:

The collapse of the USSR happened without the US 'inflicting' Yeltsin on Russia. He was president of Soviet Russia before Gorby dissolved the empire. Am I the only one who remembers Yeltsin quitting the communist party (with panache) and then standing on a tank in front of Russia's White House when the coup was attempted?

They did help him get elected the second time around, the results speak for themselves in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

On 7/11/2020 at 2:18 PM, Tomasz said:

Now they know that the future is the alliance with China against the USA. 

And I honestly think that this is a defeat of American policy.

Well-known Brzezinski suggested an alliance with China to oppress Russia.

Here it should be noted that Mr. Brzeziński is half-Polish and one of the most outstanding Poles Roman Dmowski said that some Poles hate Russia even more than they love Poland.

It failed and now we have a deepening Russian-Chinese alliance.

The alliance is uneven, but Russia simply has no other choice.

This is the biggest defeat of American and western policy after 1991 and a serious challenge for the 21st century.

Good god, how long are you Russians going to keep blowing the Brzezinski boogyman out of proportion. Don't you find it a bit odd that your point of view directly parallels what's described here?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/zbigniew-brzezinski-obituary/

Brzezinski wasn't what you claim and he never had the amount of influence on the US Govt. Russian propaganda ascribed to him. I'd think you'd want to come up with your own views of who Brzezinski really was instead of parroting the party line that created a 500' evil giant that never existed.  

On to your new (old) favorite "ally". My back of the envelope calculations of China's GPD statistics figured a 4.5% growth rate instead of the ~6% propaganda numbers, even that was too high it seems. Using Brookings analysis, at a ~3.8% GDP growth rate the US is already producing much higher wealth than the CCP and the gap is only going to widen in the upcoming years as that ~3.8% rate decreases. Pay special attention to the "Aggregate Growth of Total Factor Productivity" shown of Figure 19. Not surprisingly this corresponds with what @0R0 has stated in past posts.

Your alliance with the CCP Kingdom will never be what you hope. I thought the US had a bad fiscal deficit, The CCP had a ~12% deficit before Covid19. So much for the country that's going to save Russia.

https://www.brookings.edu/bpea-articles/a-forensic-examination-of-chinas-national-accounts/

The troubles with the election you were boasting about recently are just starting to show.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/07/11/giant-protests-in-russias-far-east-after-popular-governors-arrest-a70849

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/11/down-with-the-tsar-rare-anti-putin-protests-erupt-over-arrest-of-popular-regional-governo1189745253_ScreenShot2020-07-12at11_24_20AM.thumb.png.e069a7e34251610ff6cc03572c8521a8.png

Here's a google translate of the above Facebook post for english speakers - "When they will tell you that in Russia there are no problems with freedom of speech, show them these pictures that I just made. 9:24 Moscow time, 16:24 Vladivostok. The information that in the Khabarovsk Territory is completely unprecedented speech of the people is an absolute zero. And where will people get the information from? Only multiply rumors word of mouth.
And when I look at the RBC news feed, it seems that I live in the United States. ☹️"

You really must think other Russians are stupid and will just accept Moscow's propaganda. It failed in the past and it's failing now.

Even Belorussia is starting to rumble, never thought I'd see that.

https://www.cer.eu/insights/something-stirring-belarus

Your country would have been better off if Medvedev stayed in office and had real power. Now your system is calcifying just like the CCP Kingdom is. Putin checking his watch over and over in those recent question and answer sessions are all you need to know. He's bored and can't be bothered to even pretend to care about what's happening with real Russians. Putin decided to make everything in Russia about himself, now he's riding the tiger and can't dismount even if he wanted to.

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

5 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

For one thing, Mr. Yelsin was a falling down drunk barely capable of governing. Once, when he was staying in Blair House in Washington, DC, he wandered out into the street in his underwear, trying to find a pizza in the middle of the night. To call Mr. Trump the "Boris Yelsin of America" is degrading and you, sir, should be banned from this forum.

Many leaders have been high-functioning alcoholics and some of them have been pretty good (Churchill).

In Alberta we had Ralph Klein who got so drunk he got his driver to take him to a homeless shelter so he could yell and throw coins at them.  With the very high oil prices at the time he was still called "king ralph."

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Many leaders have been high-functioning alcoholics and some of them have been pretty good (Churchill).

In Alberta we had Ralph Klein who got so drunk he got his driver to drive him to a homeless shelter so he could yell and throw coins at them.  With the very high oil prices at the time he was still called "king ralph."

You guys should have gotten him blitzed and messing with the bulls in the Calgary stampede. That would have been a sight!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Also, here's another thing that I'm interested in: why are you upset even though I'm attacking someone else? It's not like I'm calling you "the Boris Yeltsin of America" or throwing shade in your direction.  Is your ego so enmeshed with Donald Trump's that you can't tell apart the difference? 

No, it's that America, and her presidents, have tried pretty hard to be the opposite of Russia and her leaders. The legacies of Lenin and Stalin permeated the history of the USSR very deeply. And then we went through that ridiculous Cuban missile crisis, with a whole arsenal of nuclear warheads aimed at us. By the time the USSR collapsed, we were pretty well finished with Russia. 

You suggested that anyone who might defend President Trump was a Russian troll, and now that he might be the "Boris Yelsin of America." I find that offensive, that's all. If you want to go ahead with it, that's your business and I can shut it out and stop reading it.  

I have no idea your age but I'd guess you're an angry young man, and for many years I tried the gentle approach in suggesting to angry young men that they might want to tone it down and become a bit more urbane and sophisticated, and learn how to argue a point without getting nasty--because that truly will eat one up. But since you want to insult someone to make your point, have at it.

And be assured that you'll look back on your life in a few years and not like it too much. That's all. Good luck. I won't be reading any of your comments.  

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Is your ego so enmeshed with Donald Trump's that you can't tell apart the difference? 

Well, mine sure isn't.  But face it, chum, you sure are being a bit of a boor. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

I am trying to behave more like Donald Trump.  I'm glad you finally noticed.

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Rolling Eye 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, Gerry Maddoux said:

No, it's that America, and her presidents, have tried pretty hard to be the opposite of Russia and her leaders. The legacies of Lenin and Stalin permeated the history of the USSR very deeply. And then we went through that ridiculous Cuban missile crisis, with a whole arsenal of nuclear warheads aimed at us. By the time the USSR collapsed, we were pretty well finished with Russia. 

You suggested that anyone who might defend President Trump was a Russian troll, and now that he might be the "Boris Yelsin of America." I find that offensive, that's all. If you want to go ahead with it, that's your business and I can shut it out and stop reading it.  

I have no idea your age but I'd guess you're an angry young man, and for many years I tried the gentle approach in suggesting to angry young men that they might want to tone it down and become a bit more urbane and sophisticated, and learn how to argue a point without getting nasty--because that truly will eat one up. But since you want to insult someone to make your point, have at it.

And be assured that you'll look back on your life in a few years and not like it too much. That's all. Good luck. I won't be reading any of your comments.  

Excellent.  Good bye and good riddance.  It's not as if you bring much of any worth to these conversations.  What I find ironic is the guy who accuses other Americans of being Bolsheviks gets upset when others accuse him of being the same.  Double standards and a thin skin, it appears.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

On 6/30/2020 at 10:29 PM, Zhong Lu said:

Come on Zhong, you didn't think that. Both you and @Tomasz both are just repeating what I put down in another post a little while ago.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, Strangelovesurfing said:

When Yeltsin was up for re-election in the mid 90's American political advisers basically took over his campaign when it looked like the big bad communists might come back in power by winning the vote. America's 'help' produced years of a alcoholic running Russia into the ground. I'd want a bit of payback if I was in the Kremlin.

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Like 2

(edited)

I saw it elsewhere.  But yes.  If you want credit for it, go ahead.  

EDIT: Oh, the second part.  I had thought of it the moment Trump won the election in 2016.  "This is Russia's revenge." LOL.  But again, feel free to take the credit.  I don't particularly care.  Still, Donald Trump has done exactly what I had expected him to do, so far.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Rolling Eye 1

10 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

But since you want to insult someone to make your point, have at it.

Isn't that what Trump does all the time? But I guess that is OK because you agree with him ? Or atleast agree more with him the the other options. 

+++++++++++

Back when my daugther was 1-2 years old and I struggled with teaching her good habbits, my mother told me that we have the kids we deserve i.e. if I do not raise my daughter (and her younger brother) right then the subsequent clashes over differences in values etc are on me. Now, think what that says of American society. You have the politicians you derserve. And instead of demanding better politicians intelligent people like yourself support Trump. Regardsless if he is the lesse evil America deserves better. The apathy of good men is truly destroying America. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Isn't that what Trump does all the time? But I guess that is OK because you agree with him ? Or atleast agree more with him the the other options.

There was a reason for the historically LOW voter turnout last election...  THE choice was between Smelly dog Shit and old hardened dog Shit...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2020 at 12:20 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

474B6427-C43B-4CA7-8E58-71C7CC42DA76.jpeg

Excellent. Step one is finished - now you have to find a way to convey the message to yourself. It might not be easy, it might even not be possible, but please, don't give up. 

17 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I have no idea your age but I'd guess you're an angry young man, and for many years I tried the gentle approach in suggesting to angry young men that they might want to tone it down and become a bit more urbane and sophisticated

Fuck, Gandalf, get over yourself. 

1-gandalf-pipe-gandalf-pipe.jpg

• Downvote 1

Good idea.

I'll leave it to you angry guys to figure out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

There was a reason for the historically LOW voter turnout last election...  THE choice was between Smelly dog Shit and old hardened dog Shit...

Pretty much, yeah.  

14 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Excellent. Step one is finished - now you have to find a way to convey the message to yourself. It might not be easy, it might even not be possible, but please, don't give up. 

Pretty lame comeback, don’t you think?

But that is what we have come to expect from snowflakes who simply cannot think for themselves...

• Upvote 2