15 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

What Donald Trump has accomplished in two yrs is perhaps more than any three Presidents combined accomplishments....I often wonder how many personalities are behind your screen name.

After all you go from mfg cheap audio amplifiers to I'll founded legal opinions..Then onto green energy tech with abandoned...

Quite frankly Trump has made the last two sitting Presidents appear quite childish.

Oh reaaaaally...

On 7/14/2020 at 1:34 AM, Wombat said:

Wrong. South and East Asian populations exploded when Western medicine and agriculture (especially fertiliser) were introduced. Same with Africa.

It's true populations exploded due to the green revolution of the 50's-70's. East/S.E. Asia still had a much larger populations compared to anywhere else long before this. These are taken from Wikipedia.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.08.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.08.57 AM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

Oh reaaaaally...

You wish to post a man who suffered in a war as a visionary...so be it. The moment he walked into politics he lost the badge of a hero...no matter how well meaning..Meet the Rebel without a cause... https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/2000-01/20/101r-012000-idx.html

And in his final days he was true to himself that i will give him

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

You wish to post a man who suffered in a war as a visionary...so be it. The moment he walked into politics he lost the badge of a hero...no matter how well meaning..Meet the Rebel without a cause... https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/2000-01/20/101r-012000-idx.html

And in his final days he was true to himself that i will give him

You said: "What Donald Trump has accomplished in two yrs is perhaps more than any three Presidents combined accomplishments"

I said: "Obama built the ACA and it was so strong that no matter how hard Donald huffed and puffed he failed to tear it down." (I said it with a video of John McCain crushing Donald on the senate floor because it is hilarious.)

In other words, Donald is a fail monkey and you need to accept that fact as a universal axiom. 

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

could you list the accomplishments. By this I mean real tangible results. Not fluffy statements. 

Let me give that a whirl..

Gorsuch/Kennedy....laid a foundation for constitutional law.

Killed the Paris accord...

Restored US oil production

Killed Dodd/Frank

Forced immigration enforcement and induced congress to act on behalf of the American people.

Cut illegal immigration down by 70%...By the way the Mexican check has been defered...It seems they put 7000 troops on their southern border to cut illegal immagration.

Appointed over 200 conservative judges 

Lowered Corporate tax rate

Lowest unemployment since 2007

Added 430000 mfg jobs

Isis is dead

Syrian war is over

Organized terrorism is but a memory.

Gutted the ACA

Added 700 billion to the Military budget

Little Rocket man discovered there is more to life that playing with rockets

Passed NAFTA

Black unemployment lowest in history

Female unemployment lowest in history

Family income up at a 7 yr high

Went world wide to promote US LNG

Hurt Russia deeply lower oil yeilds

Low energy costs for the American consumer...Newt Grinch..$2.00 gas...It is happening Newt

Began China/US trade balance equitable solutions

Ohh yes and is about to expose the most corrupt administration this country has ever known...

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

You said: "What Donald Trump has accomplished in two yrs is perhaps more than any three Presidents combined accomplishments"

I said: "Obama built the ACA and it was so strong that no matter how hard Donald huffed and puffed he failed to tear it down." (I said it with a video of John McCain crushing Donald on the senate floor because it is hilarious.)

In other words, Donald is a fail monkey and you need to accept that fact as a universal axiom. 

Ahh i see....now let me help you out with the Obama legacy...ACA....Total failure 

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+aca+failure&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS888US888&oq=obama+aca+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l6.7541j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Upvote 3

On 7/15/2020 at 1:35 AM, Ward Smith said:

I don't believe "excessive money printing" makes any currency stronger. Quite the opposite in fact. However there's an acronym called TINA, which applies here. Bad as the US dollar is, it's still better looking than all the alternatives. Foreign investments definitely are floating the dollar higher than its natural level. Let's face it, how many countries are currently paying negative interest on their treasury equivalents? That's pushing giga capital to these shores. 

I agree with everything else you said, just invert the printing logic. After all, Biden is in favor of reparations for blacks, and some have that number into the quadrillions. The DNC would happily crank up the press until we need wheelbarrows of cash to buy a loaf of bread. 

The money printing is meant to fight deflation and lower the dollar. It does neither ward. I know it is illogical, but that is how the money markets are. Printing money creates extra demand for US assets, hence USD.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Let me give that a whirl..

Gorsuch/Kennedy....laid a foundation for constitutional law.

Killed the Paris accord...

Restored US oil production

Killed Dodd/Frank

Forced immigration enforcement and induced congress to act on behalf of the American people.

Cut illegal immigration down by 70%...By the way the Mexican check has been defered...It seems they put 7000 troops on their southern border to cut illegal immagration.

Appointed over 200 conservative judges 

Lowered Corporate tax rate

Lowest unemployment since 2007

Added 430000 mfg jobs

Isis is dead

Syrian war is over

Organized terrorism is but a memory.

Gutted the ACA

Added 700 billion to the Military budget

Little Rocket man discovered there is more to life that playing with rockets

Passed NAFTA

Black unemployment lowest in history

Female unemployment lowest in history

Family income up at a 7 yr high

Went world wide to promote US LNG

Hurt Russia deeply lower oil yeilds

Low energy costs for the American consumer...Newt Grinch..$2.00 gas...It is happening Newt

Began China/US trade balance equitable solutions

Ohh yes and is about to expose the most corrupt administration this country has ever known...

To qoute Trump : Fake news; nothing less. 

I knew it was a mistake engaging in discussion believe a Trump cheerleader could repond to logic. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

This thread has been cleaned from appalling comments which abounded with abusive behavior and disgusting language. A member who is abusing this forum for a third time to attack other members has been banned. 

• Upvote 1

Dang I missed all the fun?

On 7/9/2020 at 6:22 AM, Zhong Lu said:

Ah yes.  Non farmers telling farmers what to do and why they're poor.  

Four years ago: record profits for farmers.

Now: Bankruptcy.  

Results.  They don't look too good for your president.  

Everybody out here understands why they don't have any money, and they never cite Trump as a problem. Ridiculous speculation on the price of corn was the first mistake. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wombat said:

The money printing is meant to fight deflation and lower the dollar. It does neither ward. I know it is illogical, but that is how the money markets are. Printing money creates extra demand for US assets, hence USD.

I'm not convinced from your say so. Do you have a source I could read? 

I recognize there is more complexity than mere "printing". Sopping up excess liquidity by QE and other means gets on the way of traditional analyses. @0R0 has been on top of this for longer than I.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wombat said:

That is correct to a point in that propping up zombie companies with QE keeps their debts alive and with them the demand for dollars to repay that debt. While that is on the dollar demand side, the supply side can overwhelm that zombie debt repayment demand depending on natural bank and bond credit expansion and how sales into QE programs get redeployed into new investments.

Other than that rather roundabout way, it is observably exactly the opposite..

It is Eurodollar or domestic credit expansion that drives the dollar down, and when it halts or shrinks, it is the dollar deficit and credit contraction that drives the Fed to print up money into the strong dollar market that results. Hence the silly observation of the dollar rising when the Fed prints money. It is like concluding that ambulances and police cause traffic accidents because you observed them at all the serious traffic accident sites.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Wombat said:

Wombat, could you please explain how it creates more demand for U.S. assets? Is it because they become cheaper to buy? It certainly harms people like myself and wife who have fixed incomes, although the Social Security is adjusted to inflation, our retirement value diminishes. 

One thing though is that low priced imports have allowed middle class people to buy way more goods than they could have otherwise. American manufacturers cannot compete unless they try. So far I don't see them even trying. A case in point is face masks and gloves. To me, it seems that any country other than China would be a natural choice as a supplier. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/15/2020 at 7:12 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

ACA was unpopular before Donald was elected. Donald used his first year to launch a full-throated attack the ACA with control of the House and Senate. His first major policy as president was not to create but to destroy. 

Result: ACA is now popular. 

Annotation 2020-07-17 103609.png

On 7/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

There's no intel drop coming. Hillary was just shit posting on 4chan to show her friends how gullible MAGAs are and it took on a life of its own. Hillary is the white rabbit. 

Hillary-Clinton-White-Suit-DNC-2016.jpg

31ehGvd78DL._AC_.jpg

(edited)

4 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

There's no intel drop coming. Hillary was just shit posting on 4chan to show her friends how gullible MAGAs are and it took on a life of its own. Hillary is the white rabbit

You spoke of the ACA earlier as if it were a great success. That's enough for me to know that you're too far gone. I know for sure that it increased cost by a significant margin for my upper middle class family. Likely because we, and everybody else with a real income, started paying for the insulin pumps on chip eaters like you. 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

You spoke of the ACA earlier as if it were a great success. That's enough for me to know that you're too far gone. I know for sure that it increased cost by a significant margin for my upper middle class family. Likely because we, and everybody else with a real income, started paying for the insulin pumps on chip eaters like you. 

Thank you for paying for my healthcare. Could you do me a favor and put in a few extra hours to pay for my lipo, I've been eating a *lot* of chips hanging out on mom's couch. Cheddar jalapeño is the bomb, can't just have one. 

• Great Response! 1

17 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

Thank you for paying for my healthcare. Could you do me a favor and put in a few extra hours to pay for my lipo, I've been eating a *lot* of chips hanging out on mom's couch. Cheddar jalapeño is the bomb, can't just have one. 

Least you're honest. 

• Haha 1

My father, a practicing dentist with his own clinic, gets 25 cents on the dollar when he sees people on state aid. The additional cost gets passed onto people who "can pay", also known as: the farmers with 5000 acres nearby. In a way, we've got free healthcare in Minnesota. 

Did I mention that they pull into the lot with a brand new car? No, not the farmer with 5000 acres. The guy on state aid. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

My father, a practicing dentist with his own clinic, gets 25 cents on the dollar when he sees people on state aid. The additional cost gets passed onto people who "can pay", also known as: the farmers with 5000 acres nearby. In a way, we've got free healthcare in Minnesota. 

Did I mention that they pull into the lot with a brand new car? No, not the farmer with 5000 acres. The guy on state aid. 

My Oklahoma homies be kickin' it on ACA now too, yo. Oklahomies passed Medicaid expansion this June by a larger percentage than Donald Trump won the electoral college.

2016: Trump wins Oklahoma +36 points.
2017: Trump tries and fails to repeal Obamacare.
2020: Oklahoma expands Obamacare through a popular vote ballot measure.

https://acatimes.com/acas-expansion-of-medicaid-takes-hold-in-oklahoma/

On 7/3/2020 at 12:31 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Lessons Learned

Source: AP Photo/Ted S. Warren

The last few weeks have provided plenty of support for the political positions traditionally espoused by conservatives. Some of the evidence is so painfully obvious it's hard to believe there could be any dispute about it. And yet, disputes there are. In fact, the divisions in this country seem deeper than ever. As we approach the November election and beyond, it is vital that we understand the lessons current events teach us about what we're facing in our future.

Out of a nut case...

Name calling, label slapping, invective regurgitation, etc. Some of us lived through 1968. Assassinations, race riots, goofball politicians, corrupt mayors, brutal police, weasley media, oblivious bystanders, etc. Most of the country at the time simply denied anything was wrong. The 1970's was a messy period where the social order was restructured in all kinds of ways that were simply speculation in the 1960's.

Television brought both the war in Viet Nam and the squalor of urban slums into middle class living rooms. They also brought 'middle class living rooms' into the shacks and tenements of those 'left out'.  These days this is done by YouTube. A lot of the people doing this may or may not be sympathetic to the 'oppressed', as they have their respective agendas and prejudices.

"The last few weeks have provided plenty of support for the political positions traditionally espoused by conservatives." They have also provided plenty of support for the political positions traditionally espoused by more or less every other part of the political spectrum. What the hell does this mean?

I would like to hear from anyone whether a 'conservative' mindset means the following:

1. White Straight Males are the apex predators in the food chain. People of color, LGBT..., and women are subordinate or simply trash.

2. Immigrants are leeches, regardless of whether they got here legally or not. The only reason someone immigrates to a country like the US or UK is feed on the welfare system.

3. Municipal governments need to keep order first, and deal with pollution, noise, substandard housing, educational shortfalls, hunger, and other social ills 'as resources permit'. Resources should not be allocated to those problems, since the reason people live in those conditions is because they breed like flies and the parents are irresponsible. Any taxes spent on ameliorating social ills is 'robbing' those that are responsible and take care of themselves.

4. Private enterprise will take care of everything. Governments are fundamentally incompetent and can never get anything done. Government should be kept to an absolute minimum. Profit-making businesses 'keep everyone fed, housed, clothed, fueled, powered, educated, medicated, etc.'.

5. The Earth has an infinite capacity to supply human needs - there is no such thing as overfishing, global warming, aquifer depletion, deforestation, etc. Private enterprise uses resources efficiently and responsibly and does not (or will not), in general, cause great harm to consumers specifically or the public in general.

(edited)

On 7/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, Wombat said:

Jan, you are a highly intelligent man. Why do you write such anti-semitic rubbish? Anti-American too? America does not need to apologise for it's past, you have one of the cleanest histories of any great power, and you should celebrate it today of all days. If you think that ethnic cleansing is always wrong, why do you support the Palestinian terrorists and their backers such as Iran that want to "ethnically cleanse" both Israel and the USA from the global map?!? You sound like you had a very conflicted childhood. I am guessing you just another guilty Catholic? After all, Jesus was Jewish, and it was the Roman (Catholics) that murdered him? I am not religious, but I am very grateful towards American Christianity, the only real force of good the world has ever seen.

I find hard to believe a properly educated person could write something like that. How were Romans who killed Jesus "catholic"? Jesus was not even Christian - the notion of Christianity as a church was established later by his followers, of course. There were many preachers and "prophets" like Jesus in his time, just most did not create such following. First 280 years of its existence, Christianity was banned in the Roman empire and Christians were thrown to pits to be torn apart by lions, or crucified. It was not until 380 AD when Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire, which is the earliest date when you can talk about Catholic church as an institution.

And how does America has the "cleanest" history? It first had to depopulate the continent from the original inhabitants - there were series of treaties with the native Americans, only to be breached on the US side, and US cavalry killed and chased the natives survivors to smaller and smaller "reservations". Meanwhile, MILLIONS of black slaves were abducted, transported in inhuman condition and forced to work for their white masters under the threat of torture and death, and that created a whole uprooted, frustrated nation that fights segregation, ostracization and persecution to this very day, as Floyd's and many similar cases prove. How does this compare for example to ancient China that basically sat on the same territory for hundreds of years (besides the expansion during the Han dynasty), waging barely any expansionist wars?

Edited by Yoshiro Kamamura