Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Douglas Buckland

Happy 4th of July!

To All Yanks:

Have a fantastic 4th of July!

Be sure to give thanks for where we are at, what we have achieved, and how we got here!

We are not, and have never been perfect, but we never claimed to be, but we somehow muddled through to create a country which people are still trying to get INTO!

The recent troubles and difficulties will also pass.

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

We shouldn't exclude the Brits

25-5d1f4aee91ef6__700.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

It would seem that we're going to have to work harder and harder to preserve our history. I had a great idea about statues of the Confederacy: put a plaque next to each one, explaining how it came to be, refuting the concept but owning the history. 

Over my life I have perceive some of my most lasting history lessons by wandering around a new city, studying its statues. You can do that all over the world. You can even do that in German, learning from the camps just how far off course an entire country could be led. 

There is value in those history lessons . . . much more value than learning how and when they were removed or destroyed. In my view, this 244th anniversary is a great time but also a portentous time in our stories history. All this tearing down is a horrible destruction of our history--both good and bad. You can never reclaim something lost in such a fashion.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

It would seem that we're going to have to work harder and harder to preserve our history. I had a great idea about statues of the Confederacy: put a plaque next to each one, explaining how it came to be, refuting the concept but owning the history. 

Over my life I have perceive some of my most lasting history lessons by wandering around a new city, studying its statues. You can do that all over the world. You can even do that in German, learning from the camps just how far off course an entire country could be led. 

There is value in those history lessons . . . much more value than learning how and when they were removed or destroyed. In my view, this 244th anniversary is a great time but also a portentous time in our stories history. All this tearing down is a horrible destruction of our history--both good and bad. You can never reclaim something lost in such a fashion.

They're tearing it down to hide their complicity in the crimes. 

Mark my words, there are already morons of the Antifa(ct) persuasion who fervently believe the Republicans were the authors of the Jim Crow laws and the democrats who freed the slaves. In the future they wish to create, all of history is rewritten like that, facts be damned. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

The crusade to erase history

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” – George Orwell, “1984”

Orwell wrote the book as a warning but Antifa(ct) is using it as a how-to manual. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3