Tom Kirkman

Saudi America? Uh, Nope.

The irrepressible Mike Shellman has another update over on his Oily Stuff site.  Worth reading Mike's views if you follow the U.S. Shale Oil news.

Saudi America my @$$

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

The irrepressible Mike Shellman has another update over on his Oily Stuff site.  Worth reading Mike's views if you follow the U.S. Shale Oil news.

Saudi America my @$$

Mike has a history of telling it like it is in colorful language. He exhibits the product of a sound mind and is worth listening to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

William, how wonderful for you to say that. I have tried to clean my act up a little since the last time we communicated but, alas, every time I hear this ridiculous "Saudi America" thing, and how many decades of imaginary oil reserves we have left in America, I just can't seem to hep' myself. Art Berman's work clearly shows there is nothing Middle Eastern about Western West Texas.

The more trade wars, tariffs, embargos and sanctions America can impose on others, bingo!... the higher the price of oil goes. Its a miracle of globalization. I met a shale oil CEO the other day who was thinking they were out of the woods now and was thanking Trump profusely for higher oil prices. I reminded him that instead of thanking Trump he should be thanking Ben, and particularly Janet. The US shale oil phenomena would have never gotten off the tarmac without low to no interest capital.

I hope you are well, sir.

Thanks, Tom!

Fed_Chairmen_cartoon_02_03_2016.png

Edited by Mike Shellman
  • Upvote 4

and it helps that the Saudis are pushing Trump to undermine both Russian and Iranian oil. It might not be Saudi America, indeed, but geopolitically speaking, Americans and Saudis are acting like a cartel. 

4 hours ago, William Edwards said:

Mike has a history of telling it like it is in colorful language. He exhibits the product of a sound mind and is worth listening to.

Agreed.

10 hours ago, Mike Shellman said:

William, how wonderful for you to say that. I have tried to clean my act up a little since the last time we communicated but, alas, every time I hear this ridiculous "Saudi America" thing, and how many decades of imaginary oil reserves we have left in America, I just can't seem to hep' myself. Art Berman's work clearly shows there is nothing Middle Eastern about Western West Texas.

The more trade wars, tariffs, embargos and sanctions America can impose on others, bingo!... the higher the price of oil goes. Its a miracle of globalization. I met a shale oil CEO the other day who was thinking they were out of the woods now and was thanking Trump profusely for higher oil prices. I reminded him that instead of thanking Trump he should be thanking Ben, and particularly Janet. The US shale oil phenomena would have never gotten off the tarmac without low to no interest capital.

Thanks, Tom!

Howdy Mike!  Very happy indeed to see you over here on the Oil Price forum.

Now I won't need to repost your articles on this forum, you can do it yourself : )

Enno P. should be joining the party on the Oil Price forum here shortly, and posting updates from his excellent Shale Profile site.

You want to nudge Art Berman to check out this forum, Mike?  You know Art better than I do.

And I'm hoping Don M. will mosey on over here soon, with his ultra dry wit and zingers.  And I'll give a nudge to Ian A. and a few other ex-Oilpro regulars.

Jason L, William E, Jackie G, Curtis S, Douglas B, and few others from the old Oilpro days are already here on the Oil Price forum : )

image.jpg

6 hours ago, Mike Shellman said:

Thanks, Tom!

Keep telling it like it is in your own unique way, Mike. The validity of your comments shines through.

• Like 1