ES

COVID is real now

(edited)

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Nobody claims Mr. Trump, or anybody else in US politics, is perfect.  That said, he is the elected Executive, so roll with it. Make it your mid-year's Resolution to avoid nasty comments and focus on thoughtful ones.  And count your many blessings, brought to you by American spending

Nice rant; but do you read the forum?  Trump can do no wrong here according to many.  Ward will tell you trump's shit smells like fresh-baked cinnamon rolls.

The POTUS is not my president. I will never stand allegiance for his fat, orange ass.  I'm part of the commonwealth and will sing God save the Queen or something else before I kiss that hand-talking giant ass.

My resolution will be to double down on anti-Trump so we can get rid of that loser.  Does trump avoid nasty comments? No.

My "blessings" have nothing to do with trump deficit spending -mostly going to China- don't pretend the US makes money (trillion $ per month loss) or that the economy will go away if he fails to get re-elected. I have no need for anyone's dirty money.  How much more clear do I need to make this?  When you stop chasing money you can see the truth.

You can't bring manufacturing back to the states without the raw goods Canada sells unless you want to buy them from China or Russia instead. We have the stuff they need, Full stop.

Fail boat ship carry on...

boat.jpg

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

If you stopped trump anywhere at random do you think he would be wearing or carrying anything made in the US?

Suit, watch, wallet, underwear, socks, shoes? 

He doesn't care about you.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

15 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

No, I agree with you, Trump doesn't have any lawful duty to turn over his taxes. I'm just saying he spends an incredible amount of energy making sure we don't see them. No other recent president had issues showing their taxes. I find it a bit odd, kind of a "me thinks you protest too much" kind of observation. Time will tell if there's anything there or not.

Fair enough.  However, the Democrats in their current state of mind would have at least 10,000 lawyers, accountants and pundits of every kind picking away at every line item, everything, and then spend at least 40% of their days spouting their OPINIONS (Which is NEARLY the law, don't you know!).  Adam Schiff and the others would raise the bar of OPINIONS up to the level of NEW INVESTIGATIONS(!) and if they can get the narrative high enough, another round of impeachment post-haste!  (Breathless!)  None of which matters for anything except negative press.  Not findings, as usual, just continued amplified bad press.

Now, reverse your argument.  The Left spends an incredible amount of energy going after something that has already been vetted by the IRS and which, if improprieties would have been found, would have been handed off to Justice to prosecute a case.  None of which has happened (see above paragraph for motives).

No other recent president was not a politician; was a businessman.  Now, I don't blame them for pursuing it, but I find it more than a bit odd and kind of a "me thinks you make mountains out of molehills" kind of observation.  And no, it doesn't matter in the least what size the molehill is.  "It's none of your business" is what people normally say when being asked about their income from people who have no business knowing.

Simply put, the Left wants and HOPES SO BAD that they can humiliate THE PRESIDENT from the other party, and they are positive they can find some "Gotcha" fodder in their somewhere.  No other reason.  Period. 

Edited by Dan Warnick
Gotcha
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, John Foote said:

If are two words that have been bastardized more than "liberal" and "conservative" I don't know them. I suppose if want to be funny "gay" runs third.

They had a gay old time on Gilligan's Island.  I used to love Gilligan's Island, so, I must be Gay!  AND by @Jan van Eck's definition, a Liberal!  (don't tell my wife).  But I must admit I'm a bit conservative about telling anybody.

• Haha 3

(edited)

44 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Fair enough.  However, the Democrats in their current state of mind would have at least 10,000 lawyers, accountants and pundits of every kind picking away at every line item, everything, and then spend at least 40% of their days spouting their OPINIONS (Which is NEARLY the law, don't you know!).  Adam Schiff and the others would raise the bar of OPINIONS up to the level of NEW INVESTIGATIONS(!) and if they can get the narrative high enough, another round of impeachment post-haste!  (Breathless!)  None of which matters for anything except negative press.  Not findings, as usual, just continued amplified bad press.

Now, reverse your argument.  The Left spends an incredible amount of energy going after something that has already been vetted by the IRS and which, if improprieties would have been found, would have been handed off to Justice to prosecute a case.  None of which has happened (see above paragraph for motives).

No other recent president was not a politician; was a businessman.  Now, I don't blame them for pursuing it, but I find it more than a bit odd and kind of a "me thinks you make mountains out of molehills" kind of observation.  And no, it doesn't matter in the least what size the molehill is.  "It's none of your business" is what people normally say when being asked about their income from people who have no business knowing.

Simply put, the Left wants and HOPES SO BAD that they can humiliate THE PRESIDENT from the other party, and they are positive they can find some "Gotcha" fodder in their somewhere.  No other reason.  Period. 

Trump is an actor.  Musk, Gates, and  Bezos are businessmen who can buy out trump Many times over.

Don't pretend he did anything innovative.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

47 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Simply put, the Left wants and HOPES SO BAD that they can humiliate THE PRESIDENT

He does that himself on a daily basis.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Hi Folks,

Just checking in hoping your all coping with the Pandemic, glad to see masks finally becoming bipartisan and that we all agree Covid 19 is real. I’m looking fed to the next few months up until the election it should get interesting 🤔 

Hope all on the forum stay well and be nice to each other 

cheers

James

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

What they will find is that Trump is not a "billionaire" at all, and then when you figure in the depreciation on those buildings, the net value of those assets is a lot smaller than he boasts.  Part of Mr. Trump's aura, that he has assiduously cultivated, is that he is so rich.  Well, he is rich enough: he can afford his own private Boeing 757, a very big jet, classified as a "heavy."  It is over 330,000 lbs.  And he has his own personal pilot, the captain of the jet who also oversees the meticulous and expensive maintenance of it.  So: in sum, Trump has money, just not as much as he would like the public to believe.  And therein is the big fight. 

There is a lot at stake for him.  People buy those expensive golf memberships and expensive condos in his towers because they want to associate with the billionaire crowd.  If it turns out that Mr. Trump's real net worth is only $20 million, then that aura evaporates.  And so do those sales. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

What they will find is that Trump is not a "billionaire" at all, and then when you figure in the depreciation on those buildings, the net value of those assets is a lot smaller than he boasts.  Part of Mr. Trump's aura, that he has assiduously cultivated, is that he is so rich.  Well, he is rich enough: he can afford his own private Boeing 757, a very big jet, classified as a "heavy."  It is over 330,000 lbs.  And he has his own personal pilot, the captain of the jet who also oversees the meticulous and expensive maintenance of it.  So: in sum, Trump has money, just not as much as he would like the public to believe.  And therein is the big fight. 

There is a lot at stake for him.  People buy those expensive golf memberships and expensive condos in his towers because they want to associate with the billionaire crowd.  If it turns out that Mr. Trump's real net worth is only $20 million, then that aura evaporates.  And so do those sales. 

100% correct.

Trump puts huge valuation on his name; "trump" branding. Personally, putting that name on a building will ensure I never visit there, but he thinks it's worth something.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

100% correct.

Trump puts huge valuation on his name; "trump" branding. Personally, putting that name on a building will ensure I never visit there, but he thinks it's worth something.

Ever heard of Hilton Hotels? Do you think Barron Hilton owns all those? Of course not, Hilton had a reputation for quality back when he ran 20 hotels and he's been getting paid for his name times 2500 more. Trump admired Hilton so much he named his own son Barron. 

You don't visit there because you can't afford it. That and your excessive TDS. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

When I started in business one of the first lessons I learnt was to always tell the truth; or atleast stay very close to the truth. partly for morals, but more importantly because if you get caugth in a lie then you are done; you credibillity is gone. 

So, to all Trump cheerleaders I ask : does it really matter if Trump gets caugth in lie ? I mean it's not like you all are going to vote for Biden just because Trump lied about his networth, rigth? So, Trump makes less money because he lied...  Big deal... he still has enough money for a comfortable life... 

The salt of the earth Americans I know that believe in family values all consider integrity a very good quality.... 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Ever heard of Hilton Hotels? Do you think Barron Hilton owns all those? Of course not, Hilton had a reputation for quality back when he ran 20 hotels and he's been getting paid for his name times 2500 more. Trump admired Hilton so much he named his own son Barron. 

You trophy Jans post and neg mine for agreeing with him...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

You trophy Jans post and neg mine for agreeing with him...

No I didn't upvote Jan on that post. You got the negative rating for being clueless and talking about never going there. It has nothing to do with the quality of the property and everything to do with your TDS. 

Pricing real estate is tricky at best. If you're trying to borrow based on value that's one number but when you sell that's another. If you don't need to sell the price is much higher. Someone wants to buy my house, which is not for sale, they'd better offer me a lot of money. Even then I probably wouldn't sell. 

• Like 1

I'm glad Trump hides his taxes. He gives Biden the opening to beat him over the head. 

Biden: Transparent good guy
Trump: Shiesty villain

Annotation 2020-07-17 124549.png

• Rolling Eye 1

5 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

I'm glad Trump hides his taxes. He gives Biden the opening to beat him over the head. 

Biden: Transparent good guy
Trump: Shiesty villain

Annotation 2020-07-17 124549.png

I think we can safely assume the Biden money from the Ukrainian gas outfit is safely, and discreetly, tucked away in some offshore bank account.  Just sayin'. 

• Great Response! 3

9 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

100% correct.

I am always 100% correct.  It is a result of decades of experience in worldly matters.  Do try to let that sink in. And always show respect and deference to your elders; you will build character that way.

9 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Historically, the Trump name on a residential building, one of his Towers in New York City, has ensured a 10%  (sometimes more) price valuation increase.  The Trump name inside NYC  is associated with both glamour and high-end construction.  As for the second part of your post, you might wish to contemplate that he would be relieved that you did not visit there.  You would definitely be party-crashing. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Ever heard of Hilton Hotels? 

There is always the Motel 6....  Oh, well. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

As for the second part of your post, you might wish to contemplate that he would be relieved that you did not visit there.  You would definitely be party-crashing. 

"The oddity in all of this is the people Trump despises most, love him the most," said Stern. "The people who are voting for Trump for the most part...He’d be disgusted by them. Go to Mar-a-Lago. See if there’s any people who look like you. I’m talking to you in the audience. The Trump voter who idolizes the guy, he despises you. Despises you!” - Howard Stern

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/05/howard-stern-claims-donald-trump-despises-his-own-supporters.html

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

8 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

The salt of the earth Americans I know that believe in family values all consider integrity a very good quality.... 

Within the context of New York City, "adjusting" the public image of your wealth is considered perfectly reasonable.  Nobody thinks of that as "fibbing."  

It is the reason those wealthy real-estate builders there write those cheques for millions to the Metropolitan Museum, and to the Mount Sinai Hospital building funds.  Plus, their wives like to show off at those gala fund-raisers.  It is the way that society works. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

"The oddity in all of this is the people Trump despises most, love him the most," said Stern.

But of course.  Even Hillary thought of the poor people the Democrats take for granted as "the deplorables."  It s the nature of US politics that the candidates and office-holders are contemptuous of vast swathes of the public - if not all of it.  It is that mentality of dripping contempt, carefully hidden  behind the mask, that so infuriates the public and, I would suggest, is a prime driver behind the seething fury of the public towards the "swamp" professional politicians. 

To the extent that Mr. Trump also holds everyone on the planet in contempt is another of those ironies. I would remind readers that the last person as President that did not hold others in contempt was Jimmy Carter.  But then again, he was Christian, a religion with its foundational roots in the expression of love for the poor and the lepers.  Mr. Carter was deeply committed to his religious principles.  Something that those who say that Church and State need total separation might want to ponder. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Within the context of New York City, "adjusting" the public image of your wealth is considered perfectly reasonable.  Nobody thinks of that as "fibbing."  

It is the reason those wealthy real-estate builders there write those cheques for millions to the Metropolitan Museum, and to the Mount Sinai Hospital building funds.  Plus, their wives like to show off at those gala fund-raisers.  It is the way that society works. 

"carnival barking clown." 

Annotation 2020-07-17 183030.png

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

2 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

True enough.  But Donald has the ultimate Trophy Wife.  Nobody looks quite as great, as elegant, as perfect, as Melania.  And he knows it. And it gives him a great deal of glee, of satisfaction. And it really irks the other New Yorkers.  Their wives might be, or have been, trophy wives, but The Donald has the ultimate Trophy Wife. 

Is that intellectually shallow of New Yorkers?  Sure it is.  But hey, it's New York!

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I think we can safely assume the Biden money from the Ukrainian gas outfit is safely, and discreetly, tucked away in some offshore bank account.  Just sayin'. 

Biden takes his bribes the old fashioned way, he laundered the money thru family members

• Great Response! 3

24 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

Annotation 2020-07-17 183030.png

Is that the same Bloomberg who called women "horse faced lesbians"? Your heroes need work Bradley, but then again so do you, a lot of work. 

• Haha 1