AV

Biden Seeks $2 Trillion Clean Energy And Infrastructure Spending Boost

(edited)

On 8/2/2020 at 5:26 AM, Wombat said:

Typical. I guess that is how much each French-designed sub for the Royal Australian Navy is going to cost. I tried to convince my govt to go for the "off-the-shelf " Japanese sub but they wouldn't have a bar of it. We could have had 6 Japanese subs (diesel-electric), and perhaps 4 Virginia Class subs from USA, for about 1/6th the price we gonna pay to build locally.

Given that BAE have extensive facilities in OZ I wondered if the Astute would have been an option. Diesel electric seems a poor choice for a country with so much blue water

Marginally cheaper than the US equivalent

Possible the best nuclear attack sub available

More easily integrated into Oz based BAE facilities

Would also give Australia an opportunity to start operating pressurised water reactors

Edited by NickW
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

@Prometheus1354 Understand that when you make little bitch comments like that, I'm going to troll you, since you've surrendered the chances of an informative, cordial discussion. 

You, you hurt my feeling...   ahem

Piss off you lil twit!   Who the F*ck made you sole arbiter of What can be said?!?!?!?!  My comments were accurate.  That person made an assuming blanket statement that was blatantly false!

Now move along, go play your next round of 'Mortal Combat' an convince yourself you're John Wayne...

p.s Marines Never Surrender!  Certainly Not too the likes of you...  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Prometheus1354 said:

You, you hurt my feeling...   ahem

Piss off you lil twit!   Who the F*ck made you sole arbiter of What can be said?!?!?!?!  My comments were accurate.  That person made an assuming blanket statement that was blatantly false!

Now move along, go play your next round of 'Mortal Combat' an convince yourself you're John Wayne...

p.s Marines Never Surrender!  Certainly Not too the likes of you...  

I don't really give a shit what you think as long as you're not one of those "ban private schooling" morons. 

• Rolling Eye 1

9 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

I don't really give a shit what you think as long as you're not one of those "ban private schooling" morons. 

Well it is Clear that you Didn't read my comments or you are Incapable of understanding Sarcasm...  

I said in another reply that the issue with our school systems are the Pathetic teachers and the Unions who have Screwed over the schools and unfortunately, the kids attending them.  I'm all for Private schools. So long as they are Teaching the kids an not just makin a buck.

So, we're in agreement. Neither of us gives a Shit about the other. So go play with your joystick and leave the adults too discuss things without you petulant children scurryin about Whining cuz your diaper is wet...

(edited)

43 minutes ago, Prometheus1354 said:

So, we're in agreement. Neither of us gives a Shit about the other. So go play with your joystick and leave the adults too discuss things without you petulant children scurryin about Whining cuz your diaper is wet...

This is why I didn't read the other material. I'd have a hard time taking you seriously. Who's the kid with a wet diaper here? You're making a fool of yourself. 

Hmm, your stated reasons for the failure of public schools are ones I agree with. Carry on. 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

The Dakota Access Pipeline received a stay of execution after the U.S. Court in DC vacated its permit for waterways.  The court told Energy Transfer that it was in violation of NEPA.  The pipeline has been in service for 3 years and it a new permit must be issued with additional proof of safety.  When the court pulled the permit it demanded Energy T empty the pipeline and it refused.  So, the pipeline has some additional time and Earthjustice lawyers, who brought the lawsuit against The Dakota pipeline on behalf of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe said the re-issued permit will be under the next Administration.

Biden released a statement that he'd rescind the Keystone XL Pipeline and stop the line for good, so it's safe to assume that he'd never re-issue the permit for The Dakota pipeline.  So, between the activist judges with environmental group lawyers working in tandem, can the industry survive a Biden presidency?

It was reported this week that crude oil production is down to 10.1 million bpd.  So, production has declined almost 2 million bbls. People I know in the industry don't plan to do any new drilling for at least 2 years, but if Biden is in office, I'd say any investment into new development will be negligible.  

During Obama's term the industry produced 8 million bpd.  So, it's also probably safe to assume with Biden we'd lose another 5 million bpd.  

Will we be back in the arms of the MidEast?  Looks like it if Biden wins.  He's going to be running his policy with AOC at the helm.  If that happens, driving a flying will be for the elite.  The rest of us - good luck.  If you are in the industry, invest in the industry or just like to have efficient energy, you better hope Trump is re-elected.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

On 8/5/2020 at 11:29 AM, Sebastian Meana said:

e, and stuff, with the exception of few regions like southern Europe, the brazilian plateau, southern africa, chile, and west australia most of the planet will benefit, places like southern continental asia will get a 70% Increase in annual rainfall,  the main issue that i would think off would be if that triggers the release of methane hydrates and instead of a 5°C increase there's a 15 or 20°C increase like in the permian which would make places like Canada into deserts ,

5°C increase? nice.
15°C increase? not nice.

What a load of crap.  In the not too distant past, "scientists" with a straight face tell us; when humans were evolving, along with the cambrian explosion when most current animals, plant life evolved, the world had 8X--15X higher CO2 concentration and was no warmer than today...😎

Anyone with a WORKING rational mind would say, "YO, it would appear that CO2 and planets temperature do NOT equate to each other".  😎 Today, with straight faces "scientists" will tell everyone that the Cambrian explosion is true, and no one dare question it, while the other side of their mouth is screaming that the earth is going to burn up because we are emitting some tiny amount of CO2...

Make up your minds upon which fable you wish to pursue please.  Personally, I will go with that giant yellow ball in the sky and orbital mechanics.  Why?  Because there is this little thing called Physics.  For the north/south poles to warm up you MUST have a MUCH warmer tropics pushing all that excess HEAT to the poles as the poles RADIATE heat constantly. 

What did we do as soon as "global warming" came around?  NASA sent up balloons etc to see if this heating in the upper atmosphere was happening as predicted... Data came back: 10X lower than predicted and CO2 concentration 7X lower than predicted.  You know, actual science instead of preying upon the gullible...

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

What a load of crap.  In the not too distant past, "scientists" with a straight face tell us; when humans were evolving, along with the cambrian explosion when most current animals, plant life evolved, the world had 8X--15X higher CO2 concentration and was no warmer than today...😎

Anyone with a WORKING rational mind would say, "YO, it would appear that CO2 and planets temperature do NOT equate to each other".  😎 Today, with straight faces "scientists" will tell everyone that the Cambrian explosion is true, and no one dare question it, while the other side of their mouth is screaming that the earth is going to burn up because we are emitting some tiny amount of CO2...

Make up your minds upon which fable you wish to pursue please.  Personally, I will go with that giant yellow ball in the sky and orbital mechanics.  Why?  Because there is this little thing called Physics.  For the north/south poles to warm up you MUST have a MUCH warmer tropics pushing all that excess HEAT to the poles as the poles RADIATE heat constantly. 

What did we do as soon as "global warming" came around?  NASA sent up balloons etc to see if this heating in the upper atmosphere was happening as predicted... Data came back: 10X lower than predicted and CO2 concentration 7X lower than predicted.  You know, actual science instead of preying upon the gullible...

Footeab, do you have a degree in Physics? I do, and I trust the planetary Physicist that has been on this site more than you. The first experiment I did at Uni, was the greenhouse effect on a car with it's windows closed. Later, I learnt about Blackbody radiation. I studied a bit of geology and later when I did my combined environmental science/business degree I learnt about the periods of Earth's history. I usually enjoy your posts and find them enlightening, but not this one. It seems you have cherry-picked some NASA data and drawn an incorrect conclusion. Same with the geological data. If you can find a single NASA scientist with expertise in planetary climate dynamics that agrees with you, please let me know? The one that I have researched paints a much more grim picture for future generations than even I am concerned about. I invest in LNG companies not just for their good dividends, but because I believe natural gas is an essential bridging fuel. I have visited ANSTO (Australian Nuclear & Scientific Technology Organisation), and would also like to see much greater global use of nuclear. However, to deny that renewable energy is not required or is becoming economically superior to FF's, is just plain ignorant.

8 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Make of this what you will:

https://www.nature.com/articles/news030929-4

On 8/4/2020 at 1:27 PM, Sebastian Meana said:

if you ever asked how is possible still that many countries run on coal when natural gas electricity emmits no pollution and 3 times less CO2 and is 20% cheaper than on coal is rather easy

Coal is solid, you can leave it on the ground, transport it by dump trucks, open top box railcars, bulk carriers, put it on a silo, is not going to go anywhere, it conserves its shape

methane is a gas, you need either pipelines that are constantly compressed between 30 to 70 bar, you need a cryogenic tanker truck railcar or ship to move it, and building pipelines in mountaineous countries is kinda hard

with few exceptions like Argentina Bolivia Egypt Algeria... coal is the fuel of the 3rd world

Yes, but that is rapidly changing Sebastian. As you point out, Rosatom is building many nuclear plants throughout the 3rd world, and many EM's that export LNG are starting to use some of their gas for domestic purposes, even PNG! Then there is Hydro, a lot being built in EM's, mainly funded by China. Coal is going the way of the Dodo, please see my new post on global coal consumption and be the first to comment?

(edited)

1 hour ago, Wombat said:

Footeab, do you have a degree in Physics? I do, and I trust the planetary Physicist that has been on this site more than you. The first experiment I did at Uni, was the greenhouse effect on a car with it's windows closed. Later, I learnt about Blackbody radiation.

The earth is not a closed system, nor is uniform like a car.  So much for your "physics" degree, it didn't teach you critical thinking. 

NASA are dicking around with models which are incomplete GIGO; Geologists deal in data collection.  Of the two, i'll take the geologists over fools believing their GIGO is science. Worse yet, fools in NASA who came up with Anthropological greenhouse warming effect disproved their own base model when testing upper atmosphere over the tropics in the early 90's, yet still keep screaming about global warming.  The bums should have been fired from all of their jobs and AGW should have died a quiet death along with piltdown man, nebraska man, etc.  Not one of them lost their jobs, instead they got even more funding...  Tells you everything you need to know about AGW

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

The earth is not a closed system, nor is uniform like a car.  So much for your "physics" degree, it didn't teach you critical thinking. 

NASA are dicking around with models which are incomplete GIGO; Geologists deal in data collection.  Of the two, i'll take the geologists over fools believing their GIGO is science. Worse yet, fools in NASA who came up with Anthropological greenhouse warming effect disproved their own base model when testing upper atmosphere over the tropics in the early 90's, yet still keep screaming about global warming.  The bums should have been fired from all of their jobs and AGW should have died a quiet death along with piltdown man, nebraska man, etc.  Not one of them lost their jobs, instead they got even more funding...  Tells you everything you need to know about AGW

Nor is a car body which was used as a model for how global warming works

Its not called the Greenhouse effect for nothing....😉

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, NickW said:

2 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

I never said that Earth was a closed system. That is why I mentioned Blackbody radiation. It is proportional to the fourth power of Temperature, and when you try to block it with extra greenhouse gases, it can become very violent very quickly. Nick understands the point, which you have missed entirely. I am guessing that you live in cool climes and would actually like a little extra warmth?

1 hour ago, NickW said:

Indeed Nick, FooteAB might be right that NASA climate models are just GIGO, I have said that myself before and explained how errors compound with every extra measured variable, that is why I tend to go by actual data provided by farmers, environmentalists, and the weather bureau, not theories of geologists :)

1 hour ago, NickW said:

PS: Especially those geologists that are paid by the Oil & Gas industry!!!