ronwagn

Chinese Company to Buy a Canadian Gold Mine

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/tmac-resources-purchase-agreement-1.5576240

Chinese company makes agreement to buy Nunavut gold mine

Should Canada allow this? Why or why not? Couldn't a Canadian consortium do the same thing? Is Canada ripe fruit for Chinese dominance? RCW

doris-north.jpg

Given what they've done to two Canadian businessmen in their country, treating them like spies to pressure the release of the Huwai exec, this is interesting to say the least. 

Them trying to turn their soon to be worthless currency into hard assets is a smart idea. They already own a lot of oil sands assets through at least two companies I'm aware of. Might be more by now. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ronwagn said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/tmac-resources-purchase-agreement-1.5576240

Chinese company makes agreement to buy Nunavut gold mine

Should Canada allow this? Why or why not? Couldn't a Canadian consortium do the same thing? Is Canada ripe fruit for Chinese dominance? RCW

doris-north.jpg

•  

A comment from the article linked:

RB

follow
  • Ron Burgundy
  • 2 months ago
More Chinese mining ? Yikes, didn't learn the lessons from all the other disasters I guess. How do they even get approval to own our precious metals? Try going to China and securing a land deal.
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

A comment from the article linked:

RB

follow
  • Ron Burgundy
  • 2 months ago
More Chinese mining ? Yikes, didn't learn the lessons from all the other disasters I guess. How do they even get approval to own our precious metals? Try going to China and securing a land deal.

Yet Obama and Hillary allowed a huge uranium purchase from America. Cronies will be cronies and usually nobody finds out about money that changes hands behind closed doors.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Yet Obama and Hillary allowed a huge uranium purchase from America. Cronies will be cronies and usually nobody finds out about money that changes hands behind closed doors.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Don't you hard-core capitalists believe that government bureaucracy should never meddle into the affairs of free market? If the Chinese are wiling to pay the asking price, why not let them have it - that's probably what those native Americans who sold the Manhattan Island to pale faces thought. Now that's a tradition of mercantile resourcefulness! 24 dollars for a piece of dirt seems like a good deal - especially if the territory you are selling does not really belong to you! Howgh!

Edited by Yoshiro Kamamura
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1