QA

The Secret China Iran Oil Deal At The Heart Of One Belt One Road Project

20 minutes ago, waltz said:

Any country who is losing doctors, teachers and engineers has a problem.  Any country who’s population is declining through emigration, because of the inept policies of the government has major problems.  

Try reading Hausmann not Weibrot and Sachs.  But thanks for letting me know where you stand.

Good response.  Thumbs up for a good rebuttal.

I'm expecting to be banned shortly, so this amuses me.

Your rebuttal is above par.  Kudos.

• Like 1

(edited)

On 7/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, Dan Warnick said:

If China is buying oil from Iran, the U.S. Iranian sanctions can be used to freeze Chinese or Chinese related financial assets and transactions in or through the U.S.  Insurance on carriage of oil can also be blocked, essentially making any vessel carrying Iranian oil to a customer of Iran null and void.  China can use her own ships and/or ships of Iran, but they run a risk of the United States fully imposing the sanctions and going after Chinese banks and companies that do business with China.

I did a bit of research on this previously, referencing the sanctions themselves as source; not using any other source, and the penalties, if the U.S. chooses to fully implement them, are extremely broad and encompassing.

So, if China is taking this step they are indeed actively playing cold war games of the highest order, challenging U.S., and Trump, resolve.

@Dan Warnick, I can add something to this. Although the US might sanction China over it's dealings with Iran, such sanctions are not the biggest stick that the US is wielding right now. 60% of Foreign Direct Investment into China passes through Hong Kong. The US is currently considering removing HK and China from the international payments system (SWIFT). Some fear that such a move would destroy the role of the USD as the global reserve currency. It would not. But WW3 would be a matter of weeks away if the US took that action. This is why the upcoming election is so critical. Biden would allow China to continue giving the US "death by a thousand cuts". Under Trump, you can expect a policy of "regime change" in approx 24 months time. That is why China is becoming so desperate right now. It needs allies other than NK to help defend itself against the growing coalition that is forming against them. Neither Russia or Iran understand the harm they are putting themselves in. China must blink while they have the chance. Even if Biden wins, that only gives them a 4-year reprieve because he will destroy the economy and be voted out after a single term. By then, the Coalition of Democratic Nations will be approx 3x larger than now, and armed to the teeth. Indeed, India has already agreed to buy the F-35. The UK's new carrier (which will soon be based somewhere in the Indian Ocean) also has F-35's. If Australia were to base half of our Abhrams tanks in Vietnam, that would give China a severe headache. Did you know that the Pentagon is building a large fuel depot at Darwin in the Northern Territory? Preparations are being made Dan, but as I say, the hot war is usually preceded by an economic one. China cannot win either phase but they are determined to try because (1) like the Nazi's, they believe they are superior (2) they want Taiwan by July next year to mark the 100th Anniversary of the CCP. That is why they released Covid when they did. They call it the "100 year war" and they just fired the first shot. As I say Dan, you will know things are getting close when u hear the word SWIFT in the mainstream media.

Edited by Selva
added @
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/30/2020 at 6:27 AM, Strangelovesurfing said:

Another angle, the CCP would secure a land route for oil imports from Iran through Pakistan's economic corridor bypassing possible naval blockades. They would just need to build a pipeline from Iran into Pakistan.

Makes no difference. Nothing that a stealth fighter can't fix. Only takes one bomb a week?

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2020 at 11:12 AM, Dan Warnick said:

If China is buying oil from Iran, the U.S. Iranian sanctions can be used to freeze Chinese or Chinese related financial assets and transactions in or through the U.S.  Insurance on carriage of oil can also be blocked, essentially making any vessel carrying Iranian oil to a customer of Iran null and void.  China can use her own ships and/or ships of Iran, but they run a risk of the United States fully imposing the sanctions and going after Chinese banks and companies that do business with China.

I did a bit of research on this previously, referencing the sanctions themselves as source; not using any other source, and the penalties, if the U.S. chooses to fully implement them, are extremely broad and encompassing.

So, if China is taking this step they are indeed actively playing cold war games of the highest order, challenging U.S., and Trump, resolve.

Xi/CCP are most assuredly playin the Cold War card. Especially now.  They have a very vested interest in Nov 3rd.  When the President is Re-Elected; they will be in a shit storm and these games will go into hyperdrive.

But we (US) must keep an eye on not only possible efforts to effect a specific outcome for the WH ; but also the House.  Speaker Mumbles Pelosi has been a VERY Effective mouthpiece for the CCP an their efforts to subvert POTUS.

• Great Response! 1