QA

While U.S. Pipelines Are Under Siege, China Streamlines Its Oil and Gas Network

The Chinese Communist Party is smarter than most U.S. politicians about increasing oil & gas pipeline infrastructure.  Sad but true.

While pipelines in the United States face increasingly hostile legal challenges, China is seeing the importance of a national oil and natural gas pipeline network and is buying pipelines and storage facilities valued at 391.4 billion yuan ($55.9 billion). PipeChina was created in December 2019 to consolidate pipeline assets from the country’s state-owned oil and gas companies, as part of China’s reforms to incentivize domestic exploration and production.

... China has recognized the necessity for an efficient and accessible pipeline network to further its expansion of oil and natural gas and provide its economy with abundant energy. In the United States meanwhile, environmental activists and their political allies - including an advisor to presidential candidate Joe Biden - want to keep fossil fuels in the ground and are using pipeline obstruction as the means to do so, filing legal suits that prompt the halting of pipeline operation and construction and even introducing legislation to block pipeline permits altogether.

Abundant and low-cost oil and gas are important to our nation’s recovery from the coronavirus economic lockdowns, but a Biden administration would turn away from those energy sources. Biden has vowed to steer the economy toward intermittent sources of energy and to revoke the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline that President Trump granted in 2017. As a result, more companies could follow Dominion and Duke and shy away from building new oil and gas infrastructure.

Right now, it appears that China is taking energy very seriously and investing in pipeline infrastructure for the future. In the United States, antipathy toward oil and gas has drowned out the science that shows pipelines to be safe and environmentally sound.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

First they came for Alberta....

So canada has been suffering from pipeline sabotage for the better part of a decade. In 2010 we had 4 new pipelines in the works. Trans mountian, northern gateway, energy east, and keystone xl.

Energy east and northern gateway are dead. And the other 2 have been mired in law suits and protesting and blockades. 

I thought it was a globalist vendetta against Alberta for being low tax, high freedom, minimal government, and filthy rich. Now I am seeing it's not just about Alberta. They want everyone poor. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Keith boyd said:

Trans mountian,

Energy east and northern gateway are dead. And the other 2 have been mired in law suits and protesting and blockades. 

Trans mountain is being built fast; I can see it with my own eyes.  The supreme court has rejected any more appeals.

I drove from Edmonton to Jasper and back last weekend, the scale of construction is impressive.

• Upvote 1

No doubt the US has fallen behind in it's need for an aggressive pipeline strategy.

A big part of this is the Farce that is the myriad lawsuits allowed to go forth by a corrupt legal system hell bent on creating Law vs. Interpreting Law.  Make no mistake the CCP IS funneling vast sums into these crapfest lawsuits.  They know full well they are an effective tool to cripple infrastructure investment/development.  

Also it seems (sadly) that far too many people misunderstand the variance between the situation in the US as opposed to China. China Controls Everything within the envelope of influence they oversee.  The US does not. Certainly Not too the degree that China does.  The CCP controls the infrastructure, thus they control the narrative.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Prometheus1354 said:

Make no mistake the CCP IS funneling vast sums into these crapfest lawsuits. 

Good grief.  Blame China for everything!

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 3

On 7/30/2020 at 9:27 PM, Qanoil said:

The Chinese Communist Party is smarter than most U.S. politicians about increasing oil & gas pipeline infrastructure.  Sad but true.

While pipelines in the United States face increasingly hostile legal challenges, China is seeing the importance of a national oil and natural gas pipeline network and is buying pipelines and storage facilities valued at 391.4 billion yuan ($55.9 billion). PipeChina was created in December 2019 to consolidate pipeline assets from the country’s state-owned oil and gas companies, as part of China’s reforms to incentivize domestic exploration and production.

... China has recognized the necessity for an efficient and accessible pipeline network to further its expansion of oil and natural gas and provide its economy with abundant energy. In the United States meanwhile, environmental activists and their political allies - including an advisor to presidential candidate Joe Biden - want to keep fossil fuels in the ground and are using pipeline obstruction as the means to do so, filing legal suits that prompt the halting of pipeline operation and construction and even introducing legislation to block pipeline permits altogether.

Abundant and low-cost oil and gas are important to our nation’s recovery from the coronavirus economic lockdowns, but a Biden administration would turn away from those energy sources. Biden has vowed to steer the economy toward intermittent sources of energy and to revoke the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline that President Trump granted in 2017. As a result, more companies could follow Dominion and Duke and shy away from building new oil and gas infrastructure.

Right now, it appears that China is taking energy very seriously and investing in pipeline infrastructure for the future. In the United States, antipathy toward oil and gas has drowned out the science that shows pipelines to be safe and environmentally sound.

Indeed, the Greens believe that oil from the Middle East is more "environmentally friendly" than oil from Canada! Never mind the national security consequences, any war can always be blamed on the Republicans?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Indeed, the Greens believe that oil from the Middle East is more "environmentally friendly" than oil from Canada! Never mind the national security consequences, any war can always be blamed on the Republicans?

We are getting our trans-mountain pipeline built and we didn't even blame China for the difficulties we had getting it approved! 

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

Stop carryin the mud for the CCP!   They're no different than the Soviets were; Except they learned from the mistakes the Soviets made in dealing with the US.

They've made sure to be an 'economic player' on the world stage; where as the Soviets weren't.

• Upvote 6

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Prometheus1354 said:

Stop carryin the mud for the CCP!  

Stop scapegoating all your problems on them.

I dislike China plenty, they are hurting Canada over the Huawei exec we have trapped here.  If it were up to me we would just send her home.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

The ecofreaks here in the US would rather and I quote; "Watch an entire forest burn too the ground. Than see one single tree leave on the back of a loggin rig" This 'wisdom' came Directly from a member of the leadership council of Greenpeace.

Thus my earlier comment regarding the idiotic lawsuits that clog our courts on environmental issues.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I dislike China plenty, they are hurting Canada over the Huawei exec we have trapped here.  If it were up to me we would just send her home.

Whom would you like me to blame for the issues we are facing??  Egypt??  The Congo?  Maybe Portugal???

If I see you breaking into my car; I'm not gonna tell the police it was Harpo the clown...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Prometheus1354 said:

The ecofreaks here in the US would rather and I quote; "Watch an entire forest burn too the ground. Than see one single tree leave on the back of a loggin rig" This 'wisdom' came Directly from a member of the leadership council of Greenpeace.

Thus my earlier comment regarding the idiotic lawsuits that clog our courts on environmental issues.

Well that is stupid.

Logging and wood construction is now seen as a great way to sequester carbon (old forests are carbon neutral, forest fires release carbon, young trees sequester carbon).

Logging can be done responsibly and even with environmental benefits.

• Upvote 3

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Prometheus1354 said:

Whom would you like me to blame for the issues we are facing??  Egypt??  The Congo?  Maybe Portugal???

If I see you breaking into my car; I'm not gonna tell the police it was Harpo the clown...

If you see an American breaking into your car, try blaming the US.

Same goes with technology "theft" by China.  Most of that is crooked Americans selling the tech to China.  The actual thieves are American. Likewise, those cars that get shipped overseas were likely stolen by an American trying to make a buck.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

Look at heroin, who is more at fault? The poppy growers or the buyers in the States?

When China is the buyer of illegal goods, it is their fault.

When the US is the buyer of illegal goods, it is the suppliers fault.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

4 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Well that is stupid.

Logging and wood construction is now seen as a great way to sequester carbon (old forests are carbon neutral, forest fires release carbon, young trees sequester carbon).

Agreed!  But this is the 'mindset of the eco's and the politicos here in California.  Or as I 'lovingly' refer too her "Commiefornia"...

Grandad (Mom's side) retired from Louisiana Pacific Lumber here in California in the early 80's.  When I was in Jr. High while visiting my Grans for a few weeks as I did each summer. I told Gran I wanted to be a logger just like him when I graduated. He advised me to choose something else. I asked if he felt I couldn't do it. He said he knew I would do just fine. He said by the time your ready to start a family there won't be anymore loggers here in California. He said we're bein run out.

By the early 90's the last saw mill had closed and none have come along since.  Our forests are Criminally over grown and what used to be a 'normal' manageable forest fire. Is now a Firestorm.

But try tellin the politicians this.  They refuse to admit they chose the wrong horse.  Now the fires erupt into massive infernos and even more pollutants are released into the air...

• Great Response! 6
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Same goes with technology "theft" by China.  Most of that is crooked Americans selling the tech to China.  The actual thieves are American. Likewise, those cars that get shipped overseas were likely stolen by an American trying to make a buck.

You seem to be missing my point.  I'm NOT trying to say: America Pure. pristine and without fault.  Yes, sadly there are Americans who have no problem selling us out.  But if China wasn't 'buying' the stolen property, I wouldn't have reason to be pissed at them.

• Upvote 3

On 7/30/2020 at 7:27 AM, Qanoil said:

In the United States meanwhile, environmental activists and their political allies - including an advisor to presidential candidate Joe Biden - want to keep fossil fuels in the ground and are using pipeline obstruction as the means to do so, filing legal suits that prompt the halting of pipeline operation and construction and even introducing legislation to block pipeline permits altogether.

You mean to say, Chinese agents infiltrating the environmental movement and the US political establishment, particularly on the Dem side.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Well that is stupid.

Hence the idiocy of the Greenpeace leader's comments. The green movement is not about the environment, it was and remains a tool of the Soviets and now Chinese. It is entirely about economic sabotage. Not saving the planet, not global warming, not disappearing species.

It is part of the cold war the Chinese never stopped fighting.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Sorry, the Chinese "buyers" didn't bid for technology on the open market, they used state espionage to bribe and extort their way into technology acquisition. You are blaming the victim. Shame on you.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Sorry, the Chinese "buyers" didn't bid for technology on the open market, they used state espionage to bribe and extort their way into technology acquisition. You are blaming the victim. Shame on you.

That is exactly what I said, they find crooked Americans to sell them stuff.

If you think they are using fancy computer hacks then that means you believe they are better at computing than the US.

Choose your ideology: your people are crooks selling out; Chinese computer scientists are smarter; or no theft is occurring; one or more must be true.

• Rolling Eye 1

18 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

That is exactly what I said, they find crooked Americans to sell them stuff.

If you think they are using fancy computer hacks then that means you believe they are better at computing than the US.

Choose your ideology: your people are crooks selling out; Chinese computer scientists are smarter; or no theft is occurring; one or more must be true.

They MAKE them crooked. Or have you lost the reality of how espionage works? The honey traps, the blackmail,the extortions, the kidnappings, the entrapments? You are ignoring the concept of entrapment where you create the crook by artificial circumstances they would not be expose to without your action as law enforcement or a spy working on behalf of a foreign power.

Your statement is presupposing that these are crooks before having been approached by Chinese agents. The reality is that they are creations of the espionage action. As I said, you are blaming the victim.

• Upvote 5

On 8/4/2020 at 1:39 PM, 0R0 said:

You mean to say, Chinese agents infiltrating the environmental movement and the US political establishment, particularly on the Dem side.

Oro, I would not be too concerned about the Greens stopping the potential flow from Canada, given that Exxon has such massive reserves in Guyana. Main thing is, price of WTI just cracked $43, and Brent $46. I reckon WTI will hit $50 by end of September and the Permian will be adding back rigs as fast as they disappeared. There are still 5 natural gas pipelines being built in the Permian (one heading to Mexico), and at least 4 oil pipelines. The Permian is not dead, just hibernating :) As for Australia, we only have one new LNG plant on the Horizon (single train), so we are not too concerned about the extra competition.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, Enthalpic said:

Do you blame China for ANYTHING?

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, Enthalpic said:

We are getting our trans-mountain pipeline built and we didn't even blame China for the difficulties we had getting it approved! 

Gee whiz. How long has it taken to get to this point? Ten years?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/3/2020 at 1:56 PM, Enthalpic said:

China is a huge problem for America because it is our chief competitor worldwide. As a Canadian you live with lots of wealthy Chinese that are pushing you out of your own favorite apartments and suburbs. The same is true in many parts of the United States. Most of these immigrants will be great assets to both of our countries but many will be agents for the CCP. Denying that would be foolish. Quit acting like China is a friendly Panda Bear. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3