Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AV

'Vaccine Nationalism': Is It Every Country For Itself?

(edited)

It’s dog eat dog in the world of COVID-19 vaccines. That’s the fear of global health agencies planning a scheme to bulk-buy and equitably distribute vaccines around the world. They are watching with dismay as some wealthier countries have decided to go it alone, striking deals with drugmakers to secure millions of doses of promising candidates for their citizens, which could fuel “the global scramble to hoard vaccines by rich countries” and feed “a dangerous trend of vaccine nationalism”.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-access-an-idUSKCN24U2DE?taid=5f2230c410f8be000184e571&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter 

Edited by Adam Varga

I would not put the carriage before the horse. There is no vaccine yet, and there is no guarantee there ever be (that means an effective and safe one). There will always be frauds selling hydrochloroquine as a COVID19 miraculous cure. 

32 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

I would not put the carriage before the horse. There is no vaccine yet, and there is no guarantee there ever be (that means an effective and safe one). There will always be frauds selling hydrochloroquine as a COVID19 miraculous cure. 

Ahh the fog is clearing i see,,,,HCQ is a intervention technique not a cure....as you have so well noted.