rainman

Trump Suggests Delaying Election Amid Fraud Claims

Trump suggested on that the United States would need to “delay the election,” claiming that mail-in voting would make the results “the most inaccurate and fraudulent election in history.”  Still he has no power to unilaterally delay elections, and there has never been a successful effort to delay a presidential election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/trump-suggests-delaying-election-amid-fraud-claims-but-has-no-power-to-do-so.html 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

More like fears he will suffer an embarrassing loss.

Of course when he loses he will claim fraud and try to hold onto power illegally.

"LAW AND ORDER!"  except for when the laws are inconvenient.

"Can you give a direct answer, you will accept the election?"

"I have to see, look, I have to see, I'm not just going to say yes, I'm not going to say no, and I didn't last time either," Trump replied.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Just waiting for the Trump Army to show up and defend yet another ridiculous statement.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Trump's call to "delay" (read "abolish") the election is the final proof he is serious about turning the USA into a dictatorship. "The silence from the republican party is deafening". If you still support Trump after this, you are against democracy and for dictatorship.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

7 hours ago, rainman said:

Trump suggested on that the United States would need to “delay the election,” claiming that mail-in voting would make the results “the most inaccurate and fraudulent election in history.”  Still he has no power to unilaterally delay elections, and there has never been a successful effort to delay a presidential election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/trump-suggests-delaying-election-amid-fraud-claims-but-has-no-power-to-do-so.html 

And he knows full well that he doesn't have that power, but he also knows how to get the opposition riled up. 

I personally think we should be at the stage where all avenues to vote are open to citizens, whether it be polling stations, computer, telephone or mail, if necessary.  I also believe Trump's message is that, at present, given the open bias of the leaders of the tech companies that could provide for all avenues of "internet based voting", the chances of electronic or mail in voting could be skewed against him and his party are a concern.  We need to move to some sort of neutral system of electronic voting.  I think the mail-in arguments are not strong enough to deny that avenue completely, but insisting on ALL mail-in voting does not provide the level of comfort that many others desire.

Masks and social distancing are the cry of the day, and they can easily be implemented into a visit to the polling stations.  Extend the time allowed for voting and call for a voting holiday so that all who want to vote, can.  Also, make sure that public transportation is available for all that need it.  And finally, if a person does not feel safe to venture outside, or if they are not in a place that would allow them to visit a polling station, then the normal process for mail-in votes should be followed with allowances for those fearful of Covid-19.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4

(edited)

6 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

And he knows full well that he doesn't have that power, but he also knows how to get the opposition riled up

I personally think we should be at the stage where all avenues to vote are open to citizens, whether it be polling stations, computer, telephone or mail, if necessary.  I also believe Trump's message is that, at present, given the open bias of the leaders of the tech companies that could provide for all avenues of "internet based voting", the chances of electronic or mail in voting could be skewed against him and his party are a concern.  We need to move to some sort of neutral system of electronic voting.  I think the mail-in arguments are not strong enough to deny that avenue completely, but insisting on ALL mail-in voting does not provide the level of comfort that many others desire.

Masks and social distancing are the cry of the day, and they can easily be implemented into a visit to the polling stations.  Extend the time allowed for voting and call for a voting holiday so that all who want to vote, can.  Also, make sure that public transportation is available for all that need it.  And finally, if a person does not feel safe to venture outside, or if they are not in a place that would allow them to visit a polling station, then the normal process for mail-in votes should be followed with allowances for those fearful of Covid-19.

Just my thoughts.

Saying illegal BS is a good way to annoy good people...

The rest I agree with. 

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

The problem is voter fraud. The Dems want to include every vote, whether it is legal or not. This is why they constantly refuse to require verifiable voter ID.

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Vvv
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Presidential overreach can only happen if a Democrat is in power.  If a Republican is in power, the president can do or say whatever he wants.  Because, after all, Democrats and liberals are evil Bolsheviks, and conservatives and Republicans are good and Christian.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

55 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The problem is voter fraud. The Dems want to include every vote, whether it is legal or not. This is why they constantly refuse to require verifiable voter ID.

Sucker, trump knows he will lose and needs to blame someone now. Voting fraud will happen on both sides, probably more now by Reps because they want to "even things out" against a false narrative.

Trump already has you convinced the election is fake so he can overthrow democracy...

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Presidential overreach can only happen if a Democrat is in power.  If a Republican is in power, the president can do or say whatever he wants.  Because, after all, Democrats and liberals are evil Bolsheviks, and conservatives and Republicans are good and Christian.  

Finally! I am happy to see that your common sense is getting traction!👍🏻

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

If a political newbie could overthrow democracy in 4 years in the US political theater, then US would have lost democracy already before Trump became the president.

Currently we have options:

1 Vote in mail and face the risk of voter fraud but can avoid  spreading of Covid19 (without mask?). I don't care who cheat because the voting system have to be designed to against voter fraud not toward it no matter what.

2 Mask up and go voting in person as normal and use all of the social distance rules and risk spike in Covid19 (as people grow up in a crowded city kind of immune to covid19, I think wearing mask is the key).

3 I don't know the legitimate of this, but delay the election could prevent the spreading of covid19 and voter fraud. 

I cannot see why anyone wish for keeping the democracy push for number 1 over 2 or 3, loosening the voting standard for democracy to "save life"? Given that:

-Many people sacrificed their lives in the name of democracy. And this time you can choose not to join the voting. You may get covid19 from non voting daily actions. The voting condition will be the same as going to supermarket to buy foods. 

-Don't you need time to expose lies, to investigate, to prepare for fairness? Why are so hurry in the fog of Covid19?

-What the use of vaccine or new  medicine if later on all of the states will have immunity like NY? Currently Cali, or Florida, Texas is not in the 2nd wave but the peak of first wave and even so it seems not as bad as NY. And we still have 3 months for that. If the 2nd wave results more people to get positive tests than more people to die, Covid19 is weaken down and it may disappear. I can see lots of actions for 2nd waves without any casualty so far, in Vietnam.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Upvote 1

Get the attorneys ready when mail-in voting goes countrywide in November.  We have 1 lawyer for every 300 people in the country so we'll be having some great times ahead.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The only votes that should be counted should be with a process of verifiable ID with a current address and strong penalties including jail and fines for illegal voting that are well ENFORCED. 

In addition, the voter should receive a copy of the ballot that was cast. That can be used as a proof at a later date by survey of contested votes. Counting should be by hand, not by machines which can be tinkered with. 

Absentee ballots should be counted first, not last so should require an earlier date. Ballot harvesting has become the favorite way to cheat in California and will be spread around the nation. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-is-ballot-harvesting

We have seen that computer votes cannot be verified and that nothing on the web can be trusted. Our own government has lost the personal information to millions of veterans and government employees over the last decade, including mine. When I say lost, I mean to hackers from foreign countries and ordinary criminals. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Finally! I am happy to see that your common sense is getting traction!👍🏻

So the only thing that matters is partisanship? I.e. how you label yourself and others? Kinda like in Venezuela? 

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Rolling Eye 1

6 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Extroidinary...republicans are more conservative in there approach. 

Trump is a outlier make no mistakes, what he has accomplished and is capable of accomplishing would change the world as we know it.

That absolutely terrifies the world power brokers..

• Upvote 3

(edited)

Yeah. If you're Russian you'd be rooting for him.  Putin definitely wanted Trump as president and he's gotten everything he's wished for.  He can pay mercenaries to shoot at American soldiers and Trump won't even read the intel report.  Trump's extraordinary for America like Boris Yeltsin was for Russia.  Hell, given the damage Trump's done to American interests even the Chinese government is rooting for him.  The only power brokers he's terrified are the ones in Western Europe, South Korea, and Japan.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

37 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

Yeah. If you're Russian you'd be rooting for him.  Putin definitely wanted Trump as president and he's gotten everything he's wished for.  Trump's extraordinary like Boris Yeltsin was for Russia.  

Back to Russia...lmao..I'm quite sure Putin is loving Trumps deflating the oil markets. 

That does make one wonder what will happen to the Russian economy if Trump is elected....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Back to Russia...lmao..I'm quite sure Putin is loving Trumps deflating the oil markets. 

That does make one wonder what will happen to the Russian economy if Trump is elected....

https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/gdp-growth-annual

It's been doing much better ever since it bottomed in 2016.  But you'll probably look at the data and be like "fake news."  

Edited by Zhong Lu

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

So now you think trump deflated the market?  You just finished claiming he didn't do it.

Low oil bad for US - trump didn't do it.

Low oil bad for Russia - trump did it.

Make up your mind.

• Haha 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

So now you think trump deflated the market?  You just finished claiming he didn't do it.

Low oil bad for US - trump didn't do it.

Low oil bad for Russia - trump did it.

Make up your mind.

Fish On! Let us finish this dribble, Donald Trump the US president did enable the fracking community to further there free enterprise thru EPA deregulation. That in turn kept billions perhaps trillions of US dollars on shore in lieu of them going to foreign nations....a big chunk is no longer going to Canada.

Meanwhile global terrorism came to a grinding halt, almost non existent. Energy prices for the US and its citizens dropped dramatically...and that meant disposable income which in turn propelled the US economy to new heights said not possible by one president.

As to terrorism we no longer see graphic images of third world 14th century murder...we no longer see mass movements of humanity over running long established european society's. We no longer see cultures crashing...we no longer see nations pouring badly needed resources into communitys that suffered greatly under this mass integration.And then there "was" Syria....It seems they were the junior varstiy

Today there is no longer a need to spend trillions on Green Energy a Bridge To Nowhere. And to think how much China has invested into that Bridge To Know...

And then one day there was the Saudi and China intervention and just like that..Poof up in smoke?...TIme will tell..

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Great Response! 2

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

We no longer see cultures crashing..

Hahaha.  Look at your streets!

You praise trump no matter what happens.  Low-oil praise trump, high-oil praise trump.

Edited by Enthalpic

11 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Sucker, trump knows he will lose and needs to blame someone now. Voting fraud will happen on both sides, probably more now by Reps because they want to "even things out" against a false narrative.

Trump already has you convinced the election is fake so he can overthrow democracy...

I highly doubt he will lose to dementia Joe

Lets check back in in a few months and see how that prediction goes

• Upvote 2

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Hahaha.  Look at your streets!

Ahh my reference was to Europe and they had one very bad time..Actually speaking to Canada contribution i do not believe they have any skin in the game and should remain quite silent..just a thought.

Yes Portland and many other Democratic cities are being dealt with...it seems there local govts have let down its own cities....

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Nikko said:

I highly doubt he will lose to dementia Joe

Lets check back in in a few months and see how that prediction goes

Trump beat a woman with a scandalous past. Beating a white male will be much harder... dementia doesn't matter, look at all the silly trump clips they have as ammunition.