rainman

Trump Suggests Delaying Election Amid Fraud Claims

SS numbers are insecure and obsolete by design, it's an authentication scheme worthy of Middle Ages, not today.

Why? Because they are in nature a static information, and each authentication session is static - you want to identify yourself, the clerk asks:

"Name?" - "Mook A"

"SS number" - "1234"

The clerks checks "Big Secure database", if he finds out that "Mook A has SS number 1234", you have won and are successfully authenticated. The problem is that anyone who record this relation can use it in a "replay attack", answer the same matching info and steal "Mook A"'s identity. That's because SS numbers are vulnerable to replay attacks - out of principle. 

On the other hand, modern authentication methods are based on challenge-response scheme. You say that you are "Mook A", the clerk issues a Challenge - a long sequence of numbers, you enter it into your authentication device, it takes two parameters - the Challenge (C), and your unique, secret private key (Pr), and produces a Response - x(C, Pr) -> R - a similar long sequence of numbers. You transmit the response R to the clerk, he enters it to his device, which uses an inverse function y together with the response and Mook's A public key Pb (which one it is is a public information, published by a public Certification Authority), and y(R, Pb) -> produces the original challenge C - the same sequence of numbers that was originally used as a challenge. That way, the clerk can confirm Mook A's identity (as long as his private key is not compromised), each challenge and response is unique, and recording it and replaying it won't offer the attacker any advantage. 

Therefore, challenge - response based schemes are inherently safer than the obsolete static shared secret methods. The election today could be secured by them. 

16 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Either you were not in the US or a US auditor did not do the inspection....

I'm Canadian.

2 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I'm Canadian.

I am not experienced in any manner with Canadian guidelines im quite they patterned the US after the housing debacle....The amount of fraud done by illegal immigrants was almost numbing...it would be shocking if this country disclosed how many dead old texans bought houses.....3/5 at a crack. This i will give make no mistakes ok give me a second.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

Ahh found it...the greatest story ever untold...well damm close

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2009/hud-debunks-false-statistic-about-how-many-bad-mortgages-illegal-immigrants-hold

• Upvote 1

(edited)

I think the tide is starting to turn against Joe after this week if they don't get out there with some face-time.

The NYT op-ed on 'Debates are Bad' is going to make people wonder if Biden is lucid enough to debate/lead. 

It's a nail in the coffin in addition to the Biden campaign wanting to limit debates in the first place.

I'm not saying he for sure has dementia, but if he doesn't show up it's not a good look. 

Face time Trumps "Clips" (pun intended).  There's a difference between a gaffe (I get tongue tied too, big deal) and not being able to stand up for a debate for 2 hours. 

Edited by GunnysGhost

58 minutes ago, GunnysGhost said:

I think the tide is starting to turn against Joe after this week if they don't get out there with some face-time.

Possibly, but when you are on track to win just doing nothing may work.

"when the enemy is making a false movement we must take good care not to interrupt him."

or

"Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself."

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Possibly, but when you are on track to win just doing nothing may work.

"when the enemy is making a false movement we must take good care not to interrupt him."

or

"Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself."

This mentality of 'my candidate may be eating mashed potatoes through a feeding tube, so its better if we just let people elect him based on Tic Tok ads and figure it out later'  is going to fall apart on Inauguration Day if he can't even swear in. 

Just kidding, it won't come to that.  He's not winning anymore.  People are smart enough to see NYT just outed him as falling off the health wagon. 

Edited by GunnysGhost

(edited)

9 minutes ago, GunnysGhost said:

Just kidding, it won't come to that.  He's not winning anymore.  People are smart enough to see NYT just outed him as falling off the health wagon. 

Ah yes, the fake news "argument."

Even crappy Fox says he is losing.

https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

10 minutes ago, GunnysGhost said:

Tic Tok

Trump, of course, will try to silence the opposition.

He should just sign an executive order banning all Dem advertisements...

Edited by Enthalpic