Douglas Buckland

Those Nasty White People and Camping Racism

2 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

And now this to add to the Caucasian-American shame and guilt.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/la-times-article-examines-complicated-past-of-camping-for-people-of-color

You couldn’t make this shit up!

Yeah, I tell ya', they got some brilliant people out there in Cali.  Who'd have thought the price of camping gear could be a deterrent?  Can you imagine the meeting at the LA Times, with everyone taking their chairs and making a circle in the room:  So, anyone have any ideas?  Yes, Horshack, what's your idea?  How about the price of the camping gear is too expensive?  Good, Horshack.  Vinnie, run an article on this tomorrow.  I think we may have a breakthrough.  (All the while not seeing the racist thought processes in their heads that might lead them to reach this conclusion)

image.png.96dbf49c1058dce4860be8396118762d.png

• Haha 2

(edited)

Not only camping but also fishing, kayaking, cruising, skiing, hunting, golf... so unfair comparing to people who have to loot breads to feed their children. We should provide these gears for free.

Most of Asian female I know afraid of the sun will destroy their skin. We enjoy gardening than camping (bugs and lack of toilet I assume?). For first generation immigrant normally they invest their PTO to visit their homeland. I think the outdoor activities are culture & family traditions.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

When I go camping i bring a chain saw, an axe, a shovel, and 10 gallons of drinking water that's it. 

I caved this year and bought a can of bug spray. 

Tents are cheating. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

And now this to add to the Caucasian-American shame and guilt.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/la-times-article-examines-complicated-past-of-camping-for-people-of-color

You couldn’t make this shit up!

Black Indigenous People Of Color

The red indigenous people of color who I know, including those I personally know who are of the freaking coeur d'alene Tribe have no problem whatsoever with camping! They also don't need fancy shmancy expensive gear either. The person quoted in the article makes it sound like only wealthy can afford tents, but what about all the freaking homeless people in tents everywhere? They must have missed the memo. 

27D3D334-8B7D-48CF-9F2D-36C205075FC7.png

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SUZNV said:

Not only camping but also fishing, kayaking, cruising, skiing, hunting, golf... so unfair comparing to people who have to loot breads to feed their children. We should provide these gears for free.

Most of Asian female I know afraid of the sun will destroy their skin. We enjoy gardening than camping (bugs and lack of toilet I assume?). For first generation immigrant normally they invest their PTO to visit their homeland. I think the outdoor activities are culture & family traditions.

Well, if anyone really gives a shxx, here is the explanation from the Smithsonian:

How William H.H. Murray accidental bestseller launched the country’s first outdoor craze

(Excerpt)

Summer 1868 passed as an unremarkable season at Saranac Lake in New York’s Adirondack Mountains. The weather was fine, the scenery delightful, and the usual array of 200 to 300 recreational hunters and anglers passed through the small settlement on their way into the wild lands beyond. The summers of 1869 and 1870, however, were an altogether different story. The weather was more or less the same, and the scenery continued to entrance, but instead of a handful of sportsmen came a multitude of men and women from points east and south to enjoy America’s newest recreation—camping.

Almost to a person, they had been inspired by what today, at the beginning of the 21st century, we recognize as the watershed book in the history of American camping: the first comprehensive “how-to-camp” guidebook, Adventures in the Wilderness; or, Camp-Life in the Adirondacks, which had been written in April 1869 by a young minister named William H.H. Murray. Promoting a powerful combination of nature as spiritual and physical cure, and camping as an open and equal activity, Murray’s book took a previously quiet region and transformed it into a nationwide destination, and gave Americans a new, reassuring form of leisure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SUZNV said:

I really have to laugh. I live in Asia and my wife is Malaysian Chinese...so I do have some insight into this issue.

The cosmetic companies are now going politically correct in these BLM times, and are going to remove any labels that indicate that a product is for ‘whitening’ or ‘lightening’ the skin.

Historically Chinese and many Asian women strove to lighten their skin, it is a cultural thing where pale and unblemished skin is desired, which is why many Asian women avoid the sun and carry parasols.

By banning or deleting these skin whitening or lightening products to appease the BLM crowd, they are actually being racist towards Asian women.

A little homework would go a long way...

• Like 3

I guess fishing is the next racist activity. Rods and reels can get pricey! Obviously you can’t effectively fish with a cane pole or some of that clever homemade kit you find in South and Central America.

Hunting is not really an issue as the BLM thugs seem to have a plethora of hanguns and do not follow the rules (it is against the law to hunt game with a semi-automatic pistol or a Saturday Night Special).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I guess fishing is the next racist activity. Rods and reels can get pricey! Obviously you can’t effectively fish with a cane pole or some of that clever homemade kit you find in South and Central America.

Hunting is not really an issue as the BLM thugs seem to have a plethora of hanguns and do not follow the rules (it is against the law to hunt game with a semi-automatic pistol or a Saturday Night Special).

Well you may have something there, fishing and ice skating comes to mind along with camping....very low minority participate percentages...it is what it is. Ohh then there is ice fishing another low percentage activity...

Let us be frank here who cares. Personally i love to camp just not in a tent without slideouts 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I really have to laugh. I live in Asia and my wife is Malaysian Chinese...so I do have some insight into this issue.

The cosmetic companies are now going politically correct in these BLM times, and are going to remove any labels that indicate that a product is for ‘whitening’ or ‘lightening’ the skin.

Historically Chinese and many Asian women strove to lighten their skin, it is a cultural thing where pale and unblemished skin is desired, which is why many Asian women avoid the sun and carry parasols.

By banning or deleting these skin whitening or lightening products to appease the BLM crowd, they are actually being racist towards Asian women.

This practice in Thailand makes sure the deplora.....er, brown citizens, especially third class brown women, know their place.  Not to mention it has been a lucrative investment (Whitening/lightening cosmetics) for the predominately white wealthy class in Bangkok.  This is one blatant form of subliminal suppression and control that has been allowed to flourish here that I simply deplore, although there are many.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

This practice in Thailand makes sure the deplora.....er, brown citizens, especially third class brown women, know their place.  Not to mention it has been a lucrative investment (Whitening/lightening cosmetics) for the predominately white wealthy class in Bangkok.  This is one blatant form of subliminal suppression and control that has been allowed to flourish here that I simply deplore, although there are many.

Thailand is extremely racist no camping sites at all...OR RV parks!

https://www.pitchup.com/en-us/campsites/thailand/

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Thailand is extremely racist no camping sites at all...OR RV parks!

https://www.pitchup.com/en-us/campsites/thailand/

Aha!  You see?  In a short thread we have come to the source of this racist practice:  For poor people, camping by western standards would be an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Besides the pale skin desire ( which traditionally means you are classy and rarely going out, appears to be elite), they believe too much expose to the sun will make your skin  grow old faster, especially at the end of your eyes (which is really expensive cream to slow the aging). If use mask and sun glasses with long sleeves clothes. Asian women love to have classy appearances. My friend's girl friend insisted him to buy her a macbook air for using windows. At first I advised him why would you waste money if you cannot use MacOS but when he said his girl friend wanted a mac, I told him I would install windows for him,  she will not change. He tried to persuade her to buy a non apple and failed. 

I don't know the science of the  sun light with aging and the effectiveness of these beauty products, but every year in thanks giving,  i send to a friend 2k usd worth of beauty products to NZ (1 year supply). She got the product and I got the VIP status without spending my money. The things she put on her face worth  a mac book pro every year. 

Native American must be the richest, they have their own land for camping. Political correctness from politicians and mainstreams in US gone crazy. None any country would have these standards. Political correctness prevents freedom of speech. If a dog bite you, would you want to bite it back?

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3