MK

Donald Trump is Zaphod Beebleblox . US citizens have elected TV personality and we need to accept their choice. Please stop whining.

(edited)

Election of Donald Trump is impersonification of American Dream. It tells us more about modern politics than we would like to acknowledge. My only concern is that like his great peer Zaphod, US President also has the ability to destroy Earth, even by accident.

When I first saw Trump on TV, I told to myself: I have seen the guy before , where it was ? My friend told me : It was Home Alone 2 Lost in New York. After a while I understood : I have seen this very President in the movie : Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and later in the book by Douglas Adams. 
I enjoyed both the movie and the novel a lot.

Zaphod was so about facade, PR stunts and everything literally swimming in his great ego.

For those that are yet to watch the movie or read the book: Zaphod President of Galaxy signed the motion to destroy planet Earth.

Race of Vogons, galaxy’s beuracreats gave him a piece of paper to sign. He thought it was giving the autograph. But  Vogons were just  building space highway and Earth was an obstacle and had to be destroyed for the job to be finished.

I think Trump is also Lost in the maze of Presidency and he often does not understand what are the consequences of his behaviour. Just as Zaphod did not.

So enjoy the last scenes of the 4 year show. Maybe another series will start in January 2021 , who knows.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo
  • Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

Ronald Reagan was also an actor....and a damn fine President! History will show that Donald Trump is as well.

And you are correct, you need to stop whining. As a foreigner you can’t impact who we select as a President, so why waste the energy?

Edited by Douglas Buckland
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

The 2016 election just proved that half of the US citizens don't trust mainstream media or TV shows which is a plus point because none of them endorse Trump. Most of politicians in the world nowadays are some kinds of media celebrities, by trying to impress people with their signature policies or decisions through media or distracts their bad decisions or policies, also by media. It is a slap in the face of the politicians that dedicates their whole life in politics trying to make public think they  work for them and got defeated by Trump. The 2018 has nothing to do with Trump's image but individual house representative or senator image ( it is media decisions to throw the dirt at them or not, how deep will they dig to  find the dirt). 

For the nuclear part, it has been in Stalin,Putin, Mao, Xi, Kim etc. why would we worry about Trump? If it is because he is a US president then should the United Nation citizens vote in US election? What is the chance for Trump to press that button next 4 years if he win this year election? He wasn't stupid enough last 4 years. 

And what qualifies us to be smarter than others? A college degree? Skin color? Media says so? Money? If Wall Street thought Trump is that stupid to be trust with a reset button, they would have all sold their investment in stock market after he won the election. I doubt people who in charge of money are stupid, they may work against US benefit but won't lay their future in one stupid president. The stupid one would be the one who sold all of the stocks they had right after election day. 

People's confidence about "Trump is stupid" simply backed by media. Smart people read media but will not let it controls them.  They may vote for the candidate who media endorse simply because that benefit their income and assets. 

Edited by SUZNV
  • Upvote 2

Ronald Reagan was liked because he and Nancy treated Americans like little children (which, as it turns out, was not entirely unjustified). 

Late in the night, they huddled around the warm light of the TV set, and Ronald told insane fairy tales - like it's good for the poor to cut taxes for the rich, because if rich become even richer, their wealth will "trickle down" to the poor. Well, something trickled, that's for sure, but it's not wealth. The result of Reaganism today is the insane american poverty - 40 percent of working class without healthcare plan, opiate abuse epidemy, housing crisis, falling standards of education. 

I sincerely believe that without Reaganism, the antiscientific absurdities like "Flatearthers" would not reappear in the US - it has no equivalent in civilized world. It's a result of turning basic education into a luxury. 

On 8/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, Marcin2 said:

My only concern is that like his great peer Zaphod, US President also has the ability to destroy Earth, even by accident.

Not sure about destroying the world, but Trump sure accellerated the decline of Western influence. 

AFAIK Zaphod Beeblebrox was not actively malicious, vindictive, greedy nor vicous. Unlike Trump, he was not evil. 

On 8/14/2020 at 4:54 AM, Marcin2 said:

Election of Donald Trump is impersonification of American Dream. It tells us more about modern politics than we would like to acknowledge. My only concern is that like his great peer Zaphod, US President also has the ability to destroy Earth, even by accident.

When I first saw Trump on TV, I told to myself: I have seen the guy before , where it was ? My friend told me : It was Home Alone 2 Lost in New York. After a while I understood : I have seen this very President in the movie : Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and later in the book by Douglas Adams. 
I enjoyed both the movie and the novel a lot.

Zaphod was so about facade, PR stunts and everything literally swimming in his great ego.

For those that are yet to watch the movie or read the book: Zaphod President of Galaxy signed the motion to destroy planet Earth.

Race of Vogons, galaxy’s beuracreats gave him a piece of paper to sign. He thought it was giving the autograph. But  Vogons were just  building space highway and Earth was an obstacle and had to be destroyed for the job to be finished.

I think Trump is also Lost in the maze of Presidency and he often does not understand what are the consequences of his behaviour. Just as Zaphod did not.

So enjoy the last scenes of the 4 year show. Maybe another series will start in January 2021 , who knows.

Screenshot_20190803-140813.jpg

2 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

AFAIK Zaphod Beeblebrox was not actively malicious, vindictive, greedy nor vicous. Unlike Trump, he was not evil. 

On 8/16/2020 at 8:39 AM, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Ronald Reagan was liked because he and Nancy treated Americans like little children (which, as it turns out, was not entirely unjustified). 

Late in the night, they huddled around the warm light of the TV set, and Ronald told insane fairy tales - like it's good for the poor to cut taxes for the rich, because if rich become even richer, their wealth will "trickle down" to the poor. Well, something trickled, that's for sure, but it's not wealth. The result of Reaganism today is the insane american poverty - 40 percent of working class without healthcare plan, opiate abuse epidemy, housing crisis, falling standards of education. 

I sincerely believe that without Reaganism, the antiscientific absurdities like "Flatearthers" would not reappear in the US - it has no equivalent in civilized world. It's a result of turning basic education into a luxury.