ronwagn

The Beginning of a New Era in China Relations

Recommended Posts

 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/pompeos-nixon-speech-the-beginning-of-a-new-era-in-china-relations_3461251.html

If President Trump is reelected China will decline in power. If Biden/Harris are elected China will continue to gain on America with their compliance. That weakness, on our part, could lead to war. RCW

Pompeo’s Nixon Speech, the ‘Beginning of a New Era’ in China Relations

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo delivers a speech on Communist China and the future of the free world at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library on July 23, 2020 in Yorba Linda, California. (David McNew/Getty Images)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An excellent speech chock full of realities as they are today and what may be future, if we act together as free nations or if we act as the United States alone.  The message is clear: Act, or Lose. 

Will we see Mike Pompeo's name on a presidential ballot soon?

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, in the real world - Trump lost his stupid trade war with China, no jobs came back as a result of his protectionist measures, on the contrary, GM moved its production with hundreds of job to China, because it meant cost saving while better catering to the biggest market. 

Hearing Trump minions speaking about "acting as one" while their president deliberately turns US citizens against each other really seems like a bad joke. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/14/politics/cost-of-china-tariff-trade-war/index.html

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Hearing Trump minions speaking about "acting as one" while their president deliberately turns US citizens against each other really seems like a bad joke.

Lol sorry I cant take you seriously.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2020 at 1:02 AM, Dan Warnick said:

An excellent speech chock full of realities as they are today and what may be future, if we act together as free nations or if we act as the United States alone.  The message is clear: Act, or Lose. 

Will we see Mike Pompeo's name on a presidential ballot soon?

He does seem like a strong leader. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 8/16/2020 at 5:43 PM, Rob Kramer said:

Lol sorry I cant take you seriously.  

That's okay, the whole world is laughing at Trumpists anyway. You have been brainwashed and you are unaware of it, so you just parrot what you hear in the group you indentify yourself with and think it is "normal". Meanwhile the Trump cult has long drifted beyond what is considered normal in any civilized society, but because you live in a social bubble, you have no way to tell, just like mentally ill people do not realize their illness. 

Edited by Yoshiro Kamamura
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

That's okay, the whole world is laughing at Trumpists anyway. You have been brainwashed and you are unaware of it, so you just parrot what you hear in the group you indentify yourself with and think it is "normal". Meanwhile the Trump cult has long drifted beyond what is considered normal in any civilized society, but because you live in a social bubble, you have no way to tell, just like mentally ill people do not realize their illness. 

I do live in a bubble .... one ran by black face, who's excuse for it was "living in a bubble of wealth and power" aka white privilege.... that's why the majority of canada has voted for him and are spray painting BLM as city art in front of court houses despite every race having their own adversities especially Native N Americans.  But ya know it must be my systematically racist country ran by the Liberals the last 21 of 31 years making most Liberal voters and rules the racists . So yes I live in a very special bubble.  Carry on with whatever mission you have here ... your words are taken with a grain of salt . 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2020 at 4:02 PM, Dan Warnick said:

An excellent speech chock full of realities as they are today and what may be future, if we act together as free nations or if we act as the United States alone.  The message is clear: Act, or Lose. 

Will we see Mike Pompeo's name on a presidential ballot soon?

Yes, most likely in 4 years time IMHO :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wombat said:

Yes, most likely in 4 years time IMHO :)

Let's hope so.  We need a good (this being OilPrice) pipeline of competent people.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Wombat said:

Yes, most likely in 4 years time IMHO :)

I suspect he would be better used as Secretary of State. Pence can handle the Government. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikki Haley as VP on Pence’s ticket!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Nikki Haley as VP on Pence’s ticket!

She is making moves toward that or going for the nomination in 2024. To me though, she smells like a RINO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

I came across this article, apparently not only auto manufacturers are being taken over by the CCP. All tech companies better take notice the IT wars have begun for real. I wonder if Elon Musk is paying attention.

https://www.businessinsider.com/arm-conflict-china-complicates-acquisition-prospects-2020-8

Classical China Partner trap. ARM is too important for China.

I guess it is too late for Tesla as well but its value its value is too bubble IMHO. SpaceX is more important.

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ronwagn said:

She is making moves toward that or going for the nomination in 2024. To me though, she smells like a RINO. 

Her performance as US Ambassador to the UN was outstanding.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China could be extremely busy with the flood......... whichever candidate sends in the right number of water pumps might win the race.........:o;)

image.png.0d47d4050f09d989579bf1e71a42ab4f.png

 Sometimes, we do not do the obvious ..........

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, specinho said:

China could be extremely busy with the flood......... whichever candidate sends in the right number of water pumps might win the race.........:o;)

image.png.0d47d4050f09d989579bf1e71a42ab4f.png

 Sometimes, we do not do the obvious ..........

 

 

Blond Jokes serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, SUZNV said:
22 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

I came across this article, apparently not only auto manufacturers are being taken over by the CCP. All tech companies better take notice the IT wars have begun for real. I wonder if Elon Musk is paying attention.

https://www.businessinsider.com/arm-conflict-china-complicates-acquisition-prospects-2020-8

Classical China Partner trap. ARM is too important for China.

I guess it is too late for Tesla as well but its value its value is too bubble IMHO. SpaceX is more important.

Tesla went into China with the clear definite outcome in mind that all the Tech involved would be stolen by the CCP. It was worth it in order to garner advantages of scale TESLA could not have otherwise. China footed the whole bill with bank financing. So Tesla essentially sold its current generation technology, which is already obsolete in order to gain scale in its battery and parts. The result has been remarkable in their earnings momentum and thus in their stock price. 

ARM were idiots who believed the China liberalization hoax and put their control over their technology licensing under CCP controlled people with them as minority stake holders. They had a hold on the small stakeholder that had been its actual partner. They lost that partner to the CCP.  I am certain that Nvidia is offering the appropriate price for ARM with its China arm having a value of 0 within 5 years. I would expect that they would end up cutting off ARM China from new designs and there would be no further licensing at all into Chinese customers. UK will likely follow the US into restricting technology availability into China. The UK has made the turn away from China already. It is just a matter of the details of the path that are left for it to decide.

It is entirely unclear to me what Germany is up to re-China, and I don't know what the French would do till I understand what Germany is doing. German business is so far "only" 50% committed to leave China. It will be interesting to see how they manage to take any funds out of the country, the only way Chinese have been managing these past 5 years is via exports of China made goods and sell them for whatever cash you can get. What do you do if those are limited by tariffs?

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2020 at 10:06 AM, Dan Warnick said:

Let's hope so.  We need a good (this being OilPrice) pipeline of competent people.

Indeed. Like the Dems in USA, the Labour Party here in Australia lacks upcoming talent. However, Jay is right about the anarcho-capitalists on the other side. Economic ideology has become far too extreme and polarised in both directions IMHO.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epochtimes? LOL, that's a known fake news site. 

Trump, QAnon and an impending judgment day: Behind the Facebook-fueled rise of The Epoch Times

Started almost two decades ago with a stated mission to “provide information to Chinese communities to help immigrants assimilate into American society,” The Epoch Times now wields one of the biggest social media followings of any news outlet.

The Epoch Times has emerged as one of the biggest advocates of President Donald Trump on Facebook.Joanna Neborsky for NBC News / Getty Images

Aug. 20, 2019, 10:12 AM CEST

By Brandy Zadrozny and Ben Collins

By the numbers, there is no bigger advocate of President Donald Trump on Facebook than The Epoch Times.

The small New York-based nonprofit news outlet has spent more than $1.5 million on about 11,000 pro-Trump advertisements in the last six months, according to data from Facebook’s advertising archive — more than any organization outside of the Trump campaign itself, and more than most Democratic presidential candidates have spent on their own campaigns.

Those video ads — in which unidentified spokespeople thumb through a newspaper to praise Trump, peddle conspiracy theories about the “Deep State,” and criticize “fake news” media — strike a familiar tone in the online conservative news ecosystem. The Epoch Times looks like many of the conservative outlets that have gained followings in recent years.

But it isn’t.

Behind the scenes, the media outlet’s ownership and operation is closely tied to Falun Gong, a Chinese spiritual community with the stated goal of taking down China’s government.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trump-qanon-impending-judgment-day-behind-facebook-fueled-rise-epoch-n1044121

Anyone citing, supporting or believing QAnon is an outright moron, can we agree at least on that?

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Epochtimes? LOL, that's a known fake news site. 

Trump, QAnon and an impending judgment day: Behind the Facebook-fueled rise of The Epoch Times

Started almost two decades ago with a stated mission to “provide information to Chinese communities to help immigrants assimilate into American society,” The Epoch Times now wields one of the biggest social media followings of any news outlet.

The Epoch Times has emerged as one of the biggest advocates of President Donald Trump on Facebook.Joanna Neborsky for NBC News / Getty Images

Aug. 20, 2019, 10:12 AM CEST

By Brandy Zadrozny and Ben Collins

By the numbers, there is no bigger advocate of President Donald Trump on Facebook than The Epoch Times.

The small New York-based nonprofit news outlet has spent more than $1.5 million on about 11,000 pro-Trump advertisements in the last six months, according to data from Facebook’s advertising archive — more than any organization outside of the Trump campaign itself, and more than most Democratic presidential candidates have spent on their own campaigns.

Those video ads — in which unidentified spokespeople thumb through a newspaper to praise Trump, peddle conspiracy theories about the “Deep State,” and criticize “fake news” media — strike a familiar tone in the online conservative news ecosystem. The Epoch Times looks like many of the conservative outlets that have gained followings in recent years.

But it isn’t.

Behind the scenes, the media outlet’s ownership and operation is closely tied to Falun Gong, a Chinese spiritual community with the stated goal of taking down China’s government.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trump-qanon-impending-judgment-day-behind-facebook-fueled-rise-epoch-n1044121

Anyone citing, supporting or believing QAnon is an outright moron, can we agree at least on that?

Let's see, @ronwagn quotes a  speech given in public by Pompeo, but Yoshi tries to smear the newspaper that Published the speech? How stupid would a person have to be to listen to anything Yoshi says. He must be so desperate now. The wumaodang checks running late? Your country is falling to pieces and here you are trying to spread easily disproven lies. Frank just give up already, everyone is onto you. 

  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Blond Jokes serious?

not at all... one is purplish, one is red and black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

21 hours ago, 0R0 said:

 

Comrade you are doing exactly what Chinese Ministry of Propaganda expects from you : keep underestimating China and its ability of R&D ( about ARM future )

Because you do it inadvertently CCP even do not have to pay you !

Edited by Marcin2
Typo
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, specinho said:

not at all... one is purplish, one is red and black.

Diversity! Excuse my lack of insight.

5a8f401c3e35431b008b459c.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.