YK

Angela Merkel gets a standing ovation for rejecting Trumpism

What a striking contrast between this stateswoman representing what's left of humanism and civilization in the world, and the moronic barbarism that threatens to destroy it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

What a striking contrast between this stateswoman representing what's left of humanism and civilization in the world, and the moronic barbarism that threatens to destroy it. 

Oh, you mean that women who destroyed German culture by allowing illegal aliens by the tens of thousands to immigrate into the country with no documentation whatsoever?

As you say, a striking contrast...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

(edited)

@Yoshiro Kamamura Empires are always very strong countries, that is the definition of empire.

US Empire is similar to these 100 other that populated the Earth.

What I like in US empire is its tributary system of dependencies, similar to Chinese in VIII-XIX centuries but much much more benevolent.

US empire, treats its vassal countries and their populations the best any empire EVER in the history of  mankind treated vassals.

Compare to Soviet Union empire and bloody interventions in rebel countries.

Under Pax Americana any country that alignes its goals with US can live very safe and prosperous life, and what the most important get real security services from US.

Vassal countries are called allies and they are not much from being real partners.

But Empire wants to stick to unhindered possibility to realize its goals.

If strong subordinate countries do not understand it like Germany or Japan they are gently coerced, but very gently.

And German and Japanese empires of XX century were just genocide regimes by design, so I do not understand Merkel, she needs more realpolitik.

China and Russia are out of tributary system and are revisionist powers that at present create Chinese Empire.

And I think that you do not want your dreams come true, cause any future Pax Sinica or any other Pax would be by design much worse than current Pax Americana.

World does not tolerate vacuum and naturally strong countries become hegemons, you cannot reverse it with UN, League of Nations or any other global organization.

Of course US became much weaker in the last 2 decades so it cannot be as benevolent as before, but it is still the best choice, the best country to stick with. But Trumpism , Obamism or Bushism is just American exceptionalism with individual characteristics of each  guy in charge.

There is a very simple test of the quality of the empire: current, historical or future- in the making.

Look how they treat their citizens, and remember that they would treat their vassals at least a little worse.

Look at Chinese or Russians, and think about global order in which you would be treated worse than they are now.

You do not want to live in such reality.

For starters you will not be able to post on this forum, cause there would not be any free fora.

And Trump is just American people striving to keep their democracy under oligarchic regime. Remember that US people can freely choose only US President. All other "electable" posts are by design of US oligarchy inherited by one of 2 major parties.

Edited by Marcin2
typos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Oh, you mean that women who destroyed German culture by allowing illegal aliens by the tens of thousands to immigrate into the country with no documentation whatsoever?

As you say, a striking contrast...

It is different cause German elites still believe that they would be clever enough to make a good Germans out of these young men.

I think they could succeed. Old German socjety needs these workers.

But I agree at least in part it was just political correctness.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

It is different cause German elites still believe that they would be clever enough to make a good Germans out of these young men.

I think they could succeed. Old German socjety needs these workers.

But I agree at least in part it was just political correctness.

...at the expense of the German people and their culture. Unforgiveable.

• Like 5

(edited)

And below is her full speech; not just the points the left presents.  Angela was born and raised in East Germany, and it is all too obvious why she would be and remain against any such structure.  Although there are no doubt many families that live on both sides and are separated by the border of the United States and Mexico, there is a generous legal system in place to allow people to legally work and live in the United States while maintaining Mexican citizenship, to immigrate into the United States, and even to apply for asylum.  One need only to apply and meet common requirements or standards of personal peril.

The German wall was erected after a bloody World War.  The Russians (Eastern side) had sustained horrific losses in the 10's of millions in their battles to push the Germans back to where they had come from.  The Allies had also sustained horrific losses.

At the close of the war, Russia and the Allies negotiated who would get what and the maps were drawn up to reflect the new realities of the those negotiations and borders.  Russia and the Allies were no friends either and a distrust that quickly led to the Cold War ensued.  Russia ordered the construction of the wall, one presumes because of an insecurity that the people on their own side of the border would choose freedom and Democracy on the opposite side of the border.  They enforced their decision to hold captive the people on their side of the border with a cold and unforgiving fist, backed up by guns and other methods.  No similar generous legal system existed to allow people to move to the other side of the wall.

There is still a wall, or complex fencing, at the border between Russia and the countries of Europe.

The reasons for that wall have changed to a degree with Russian people having much more freedom to travel.  However, now the reasons for having the wall on the border are to ensure that visitors to Russia are vetted sufficiently before being allowed to cross into Russia, or to record their own citizens travelling outside of Russia.

It is too easy to simply say "No Wall".  Realities will always play a part in the decision.  The realities of our southern border are such that we require legal entry and proper vetting.  Any traveller will be able to tell you that they must deal with these borders, walls or fences and immigration requirements when travelling to many countries around the world.  They are in place for security and many other reasons (economic, terrorism, rule of law, planning purposes for providing public services, etc.).  And race, usually, has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

Angela

When are you going to pay the 2% of GDP to support NATO ?

Angela

Is it fair when you charge 25% import tariff on U.S. vehicles.  

Angela

German automakers doing great business in China.  What happens when they cut you off .   .    .   and they will. 

Angela

Why did you sign the "Coalition of the Willing" against Syria the refused to contribute to the effort. Not even when asked to provide some supply logistics

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

All i can say..when Trump is re elected it is time to cut the 1 million cars we import and build them here giving the BLM their jobs back. Next statement....

(edited)

On 8/16/2020 at 5:47 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

All i can say..when Trump is re elected it is time to cut the 1 million cars we import and build them here giving the BLM their jobs back. Next statement....

The BMW and Mercedes they assemble in the U.S. use all imported parts . They use transfer pricing and pay NO U.S. TAXES on all those U.S. profits. 

Only solution put a 10% import duty of foreign car parts .

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

@Yoshiro Kamamura Empires are always very strong countries, that is the definition of empire.

What I like in US empire is its tributary system of dependencies, similar to Chinese in VIII-XIX centuries but much much more benevolent.

US empire, treats its vassal countries and their populations the best any empire EVER in the history of  mankind treated vassals.

Under Pax Americana any country that alignes its goals with US can live very safe and prosperous life, and what the most important get real security services from US.

Vassal countries are called allies and they are not much from being real partners.

If strong subordinate countries do not understand it like Germany or Japan they are gently coerced, but very gently.

And German and Japanese empires of XX century were just genocide regimes by design, so I do not understand Merkel, she needs more realpolitik.

China and Russia are out of tributary system and are revisionist powers that at present create Chinese Empire.

And I think that you do not want your dreams come true, cause any future Pax Sinica or any other Pax would be by design much worse than current Pax Americana.

World does not tolerate vacuum and naturally strong countries become hegemons, you cannot reverse it with UN, League of Nations or any other global organization.

Of course US became much weaker in the last 2 decades so it cannot be as benevolent as before, but it is still the best choice, the best country to stick with. But Trumpism , Obamism or Bushism is just American exceptionalism with individual characteristics of each  guy in charge.

There is a very simple test of the quality of the empire: current, historical or future- in the making.

Look how they treat their citizens, and remember that they would treat their vassals at least a little worse.

Look at Chinese or Russians, and think about global order in which you would be treated worse than they are now.

You do not want to live in such reality.

For starters you will not be able to post on this forum, cause there would not be any free fora.

And Trump is just American people striving to keep their democracy under oligarchic regime. Remember that US people can freely choose only US President. All other "electable" posts are by design of US oligarchy inherited by one of 2 major parties.

You were doing well until you got to the last paragraph, which is untrue. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BLA said:

The BMW and Mercedes the assemble in the U.S. use all imported parts . They use transfer pricing and pay NO U.S. TAXES on all those U.S. profits. 

Look at the volume VW puts out....once again a one sided shit show. 

3 hours ago, BLA said:

The BMW and Mercedes the assemble in the U.S. use all imported parts . They use transfer pricing and pay NO U.S. TAXES on all those U.S. profits. 

Opps way off BASE commentary...470,000 cars. Think VW...

https://www.thelocal.de/20200123/explained-why-germany-is-vulnerable-to-us-car-tariffs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group

3 hours ago, BLA said:

BMW and Mercedes will just stop manufacturing in the US.

10 hours ago, BLA said:

Tariffs of 25% are on the table and Trump is threatening to impose them if the EU, and especially Germany with regards to cars and car parts, don't negotiate a more fair deal with the U.S.  The sad thing is, the EU countries have had a 10% outright tariff on U.S. cars and parts for decades, while the U.S. has a 2.5% tariff on European imports.  But the key is in the details.  Europe also imposes a VAT and a sales tax on U.S. cars and parts.  I am not sure which part or how much of the income European companies get from cars that are simply assembled in the U.S. are or are not subject to U.S. taxes, but if you are right then they have an unfair advantage of as much as 25%, hence Trump's target percentage of the same.

The latest offer from the EU is to remove the existing 10% tariff on U.S. cars and parts, but President Trump has rejected that offer as not enough (other EU taxes mentioned would stay in place).  He is also tieing that negotiation to industrial goods trade between the U.S. and the EU, so he is looking at the bigger picture on this.

EU Offer for No Auto Tariffs Is 'Not Good Enough,' Trump Says

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 5:22 AM, Marcin2 said:

You mean like now with all this Corona Virus Health Hoax Mandates? Misleading and Lying to the Public for private gain and "Social" control? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

24 minutes ago, Metalmania said:

You mean like now with all this Corona Virus Health Hoax Mandates? Misleading and Lying to the Public for private gain and "Social" control? 

Vote out trump if you don't like his covid mandates.

He agrees that the virus and deaths are real. 

"They are dying, that is true.  It is what it is."

-trump

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

@Gerry Maddoux

Do you believe it is an overblown hoax, or has trump convinced you otherwise ("it is what it is")?  This isn't Schrödinger's cat - pick one.

Trump cult members try to keep up with your leader's views. You're not being good missionaries if you are disagreeing with him.

Edited by Enthalpic

2 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

@Gerry Maddoux

Do you believe it is an overblown hoax, or has trump convinced you otherwise ("it is what it is")?  This isn't Schrödinger's cat - pick one.

Trump cult members try to keep up with your leader's views. You're not being good missionaries if you are disagreeing with him.

democrats-in-midth-of-longest-running-temper-tantrum-5-years-to-go.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

democrats-in-midth-of-longest-running-temper-tantrum-5-years-to-go.jpg

Even if trump cheats the election he won't last 5 more years. Notice his younger brother just died?

Spare me stupid memes, I'm not a democrat so I don't know why you think that would offend me. Republicans could have run a leadership convention to out the loser I hate.

Antitrump != ProDem

Obama had 2 terms and you cried, so more #AlternativeFacts from trump cult.

Edited by Enthalpic

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

Even if trump cheats the election he won't last 5 more years. Notice his younger brother just died?

I must say while there is merit to your comment personally i am much more concerned with Joe's comprehension skill's. A question if i may....do you believe Uncle Joe even knows he is a presidential candidate?

107934419_10220689929971037_4706322770538849626_n (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I must say while there is merit to your comment personally i am much more concerned with Joe's comprehension skill's. A question if i may....do you believe Uncle Joe even knows he is a presidential candidate?

Don't care, an invalid would do a better job.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:41 PM, Enthalpic said:

Vote out trump if you don't like his covid mandates.

He agrees that the virus and deaths are real. 

"They are dying, that is true.  It is what it is."

-trump

The mandates are not from Trump but from his opposition.

If you want the virus mandates out then vote for Trump.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 8/16/2020 at 2:22 AM, Marcin2 said:

The only real cost the US expects from allies from time to time, is participation in wars it decides to get involved with. Allies who join in are given much higher standing in the vast US alliance structure. Otherwise those countries are really considered 2nd class allies, still not adversaries though. 

If the US is to be considered an empire it's unique in not demanding real tribute, it's only real demand is governments adhere to standards of behavior the US deems as acceptable governing behavior. Ie. democracy, free markets etc.

If the US is an empire it's more a behavioral/acceptable norms empire and not a territorial/political control empire like what existed in years past. 'Vassal' states of the American empire don't give tribute, everybody just agrees on proper behavior and that's pretty much it.

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

On 8/20/2020 at 3:53 AM, Strangelovesurfing said:

The only real cost the US expects from allies from time to time, is participation in wars it decides to get involved with. Allies who join in are given much higher standing in the vast US alliance structure. Otherwise those countries are really considered 2nd class allies, still not adversaries though. 

If the US is to be considered an empire it's unique in not demanding real tribute, it's only real demand is governments adhere to standards of behavior the US deems as acceptable governing behavior. Ie. democracy, free markets etc.

If the US is an empire it's more a behavioral/acceptable norms empire and not a territorial/political control empire like what existed in years past. 'Vassal' states of the American empire don't give tribute, everybody just agrees on proper behavior and that's pretty much it.

Oh come on, of course there are many kinds of tributes that US constantly takes from vassal countries, I only stated that US is the best Empire in the history of the world.

The following is a list of 2 obvious kinds of  tribute that is taken by US:

- compulsory usage of US dollars. If you start using Euro as Saddam Hussejn of Iraq or speak about new gold-backed currency as Muhammar Ghadaffi of Libya you end like them. On Monday MBS starts selling Saudi oil for euro, on Tuesady he is replaced. It works that way. And also you need to buy US debt which gives fantastic 1-1.5% annually, less than inflation.

- You need to agree for the constant and omniscent surveillance of US over your country. And the problem is not the ability of military espionage but ability of economic and intellectual property espionage. And last but not least great impact on your politics through eavesdropping of politicians.

Edited by Marcin2
typo

4 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

Oh come on, of course there are many kinds of tributes that US constantly takes from vassal countries, I only stated that US is the best Empire in the history of the world.

The following is a list of 2 obvious kinds of  tribute that is taken by US:

- compulsory usage of US dollars. If you start using Euro as Saddam Hussejn of Iraq or speak about new gold-backed currency as Muhammar Ghadaffi of Libya you end like them. On Monday MBS starts selling Saudi oil for euro, on Tuesady he is replaced. It works that way. And also you need to buy US debt which gives fantastic 1-1.5% annually, less than inflation.

- You need to agree for the constant and omniscent surveillance of US over your country. And the problem is not the ability of military espionage but ability of economic and intellectual property espionage. And last but not least great impact on your politics through eavesdropping of politicians.

You don't have to use USD, it's just that you cant utilize the worldwide settlement system that revolves around dollars. Any country can settle commercial accounts in local currencies all they want. The network effect of the USD just makes it easier to make the transactions happen. I'd be happy to get rid of dollar hegmony myself, it's costs are greater than the benefits IMO.

All countries spy on each other and US intelligence gathering is hardly omniscient. Israel probably has more agents monitoring the US govt than Iran. From what I've been reading Jeffrey Epstein may have been an Israeli assett getting blackmail on foreign politicians.

IP is respected by the US, foreign IP is bought/licensed unless there is some overriding national security issue at stake (ie. weapons development). Lockheed Martin purchased some of the F35B IP from a Russian firm, they didn't steal it.

• Like 1