ronwagn

Trump Admin. Approves Plan for Drilling in Alaska

16 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I'm aware it was human errors.

I'm sure the technology is fine on paper and has been done successfully.  As long as human are involved there will be errors and accidents, so perhaps we should focus operations where the failures do not cause such a big mess.

Perhaps the most fundamentally sound statement i have witnessed from you. Kudo's!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Oil will never again be expensive enough to justify the costs of arctic drilling.

Come on Jay.  You expect us to believe your "Opinion" without a hockey stick graph as support?

On 8/18/2020 at 8:08 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

That is exactly what they said about deepwater, then ultra-deepwater drilling. I find it odd that people can associate technological advancement to everything except drilling and exploration.

I tend to agree, but at the same time there is a reason that XOM recently that about 30 % of known oilreserves would be un-economic to produce current and projected pricelevels. The world is awash in oil. There is a lot reserves that need to be developed before drilling in the Arctic will kick off again

On 8/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

We are In absolute agreement, to be rather frank about it that alone by itself would set the US and the world on a course of unparalleled growth and peace.

What really would have been good for the US and the world would have been not giving up on Nuclear in the 70s. 

fun fact : there are good sources that claim that big oil supported greenies in anti-nuclear propaganda because they rightly thought that nuclear could wipe out many other energy sources…

43 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

What really would have been good for the US and the world would have been not giving up on Nuclear in the 70s. 

fun fact : there are good sources that claim that big oil supported greenies in anti-nuclear propaganda because they rightly thought that nuclear could wipe out many other energy sources…

Yes they were in bed at one time, the green movement was caught investing heavily into oil stocks..and that is factual.

• Upvote 2

That's the saddest thing - this illiterate moron who stole the presidency via a fraudulent campaign can irreversibly damage fragile environment that has inconceivable value for the survival of the future generations. Of course the primitive buffoons from the trumpist crowd can never appreciate what they are destroying - it's like chopping down the paintings in the National Art Gallery to make a fire for one night. 

Stupidity and greed are the downfall of America - we see it unravel right before our eyes. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 11:42 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Yes they were in bed at one time, the green movement was caught investing heavily into oil stocks..and that is factual.

It is more funny to me that Big Oil created the green monster with their divide and cobquer strategy