Enthalpic

Trump says boycott a US company over nonpartisanism

Most companies do not allow employees to campaign at work for obvious reasons.  Employees are supposed to be working not arguing about politics or religion.

Trump will let a US company suffer for his campaign - he doesn't care about you.

boycott us.jpg

goodyear.jpg

• Downvote 1

I can't believe it's been a full day and no one from the Trump camp has commented on this seemingly silly thing for the President to do.  Wait, I guess that's it...is this a Trump tweet or action that cannot be defended?

Why would he get himself into this discussion when it seems the company is simply trying to maintain/enforce a long-standing policy?  If I have it completely wrong, I'd love to know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

On 8/19/2020 at 1:29 PM, Enthalpic said:

Most companies do not allow employees to campaign at work for obvious reasons.  Employees are supposed to be working not arguing about politics or religion.

Trump will let a US company suffer for his campaign - he doesn't care about you.

boycott us.jpg

goodyear.jpg

You know very well you are spouting bull. 

Goodyear's response from their PR rep qualified why the slide was aligned with their corporate policy (while they refrained from actually commenting on the slide itself)

Quote:

“Goodyear is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace where all of our associates can do their best in a spirit of teamwork. As part of this commitment, we do allow our associates to express their support on racial injustice and other equity issues but ask that they refrain from workplace expressions, verbal or otherwise, in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party as well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of equity issues.”

Melissa Monaco, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

Slide

GJZQHF6F6BFP3N7XD7YWTJZROY.jpg

Goodyear only "clarified" their statement with the letter you cited AFTER the president brought their hypocrisy to the attention of their paying customer base with the potential for a boycott. If this had been the case all along, Ms. Monaco would have had a different response earlier.

For the second time this week, stop spouting bull and educate yourself!

EDIT: Even their 'clarification' still supports the slide that they disallow "advocacy outside the scope of racial justice".

Edited by Otis11
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

I can't believe it's been a full day and no one from the Trump camp has commented on this seemingly silly thing for the President to do.  Wait, I guess that's it...is this a Trump tweet or action that cannot be defended?

Why would he get himself into this discussion when it seems the company is simply trying to maintain/enforce a long-standing policy?  If I have it completely wrong, I'd love to know.

Trump's own car uses Goodyear tires. It's his usual baseless babbling. Plus Goodyear is a major employer in one of the swing states. Therefore, it's just talk, as usual, he will do nothing. 

• Downvote 2

I spoke too soon!  Thank you.

12 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

How much do you want to bet that management wouldn’t say anything if someone wore a BLM t-shirt to work, in these ‘woke’ times?

• Great Response! 2

KjS76bom_bigger.jpg

A message from Rich Kramer: By now, you are aware of a visual from our Topeka factory that has been circulating in the media. I want to personally clear the record on what you are seeing and hearing.

1:58 AM · Aug 21, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

How much do you want to bet that management wouldn’t say anything if someone wore a BLM t-shirt to work, in these ‘woke’ times?

I think I would bet everything I have that they would say nothing.  From what I'm reading, BLM/Racial/LGBTQ issues are ok to support, but "political" alliances, opinions are different.  I really don't know how they can say these things aren't political, but here we are.

Given that Trump is 100% correct in saying that the radical left does exactly this, calling for bans on everyone they disaprove of, most recently against an Hispanic food company, I find your blatant hypocrisy as disgusting as it's always been. You didn't post threads complaining about that, you have no standing to complain about this. Nuff said 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Given that Trump is 100% correct in saying that the radical left does exactly this, calling for bans on everyone they disaprove of, most recently against an Hispanic food company, I find your blatant hypocrisy as disgusting as it's always been. You didn't post threads complaining about that, you have no standing to complain about this. Nuff said 

The "radical left" is not the POTUS; it is foolish to hold an ambiguous group to the same standards as an official person.

The POTUS should not be directly manipulating private companies for political gain

Groups of people are fully in their right to manipulate companies (market demands).

One is corruption, the other is free market capitalism. 

"The driving principle behind laissez-faire, a French term that translates as "leave alone" (literally, "let you do"), is that the less the government is involved in the economy, the better off business will be—and by extension, society as a whole. Laissez-faire economics are a key part of free market capitalism."

Ward agrees with trump even when it conflicts with his stated beliefs...

Edited by Enthalpic

52 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

The "radical left" is not the POTUS; it is foolish to hold an ambiguous group to the same standards as an official person.

The POTUS should not be directly manipulating private companies for political gain

Groups of people are fully in their right to manipulate companies (market demands).

One is corruption, the other is free market capitalism. 

"The driving principle behind laissez-faire, a French term that translates as "leave alone" (literally, "let you do"), is that the less the government is involved in the economy, the better off business will be—and by extension, society as a whole. Laissez-faire economics are a key part of free market capitalism."

Ward agrees with trump even when it conflicts with his stated beliefs...

You are so full of sheet!

If Biden wins you think Goodyear suddenly shifts to no BLM or LGBT and encourages MAGA??  

100% of all BLM fund raising goes to Dem Candidates for office.  How is that political??

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bob D said:

You are so full of sheet!

If Biden wins you think Goodyear suddenly shifts to no BLM or LGBT and encourages MAGA??  

100% of all BLM fund raising goes to Dem Candidates for office.  How is that political??

Racism and sexism (BLM, LGBT) are not political concepts.

People who protest against those things probably lean towards democrat but that doesn't mean the democrats caused those protests. Do the republicans organize gun shows directly?

MAGA is 100% political, I am certain a Biden 2020 hat would also be forbidden.

• Downvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Racism and sexism (BLM, LGBT) are not political concepts.

People who protest against those things probably lean towards democrat but that doesn't mean the democrats caused those protests. Do the republicans organize gun shows directly?

MAGA is 100% political, I am certain a Biden 2020 hat would also be forbidden.

There are times I really cannot believe how you arrive at such statements. BLM&LGBT are not political concepts...Really you actually can own That?

Yes Make America Great Again is not only a political ideology but a well founded human experience. No nation on this earth, no human of right mind does not wish to be the finest they can be. 

It seems you have great reservations in regards to MAGA. You reside in another country that has benefited greatly due to American generosity...could that be the nature of your deep resentment?

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 6