Dan Warnick

US threatens Germany with sanctions over Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline

Sanctions can be very disruptive, but at the very least they send a powerful message.  It sounds like Poland, and possibly other Eastern European countries, are in full support of the sanctions and are fully opposed to the pipeline.  I assume it's too late to stop the pipeline, so what are your thoughts? 

(edited)

Till 3 Nov 2020 any real global diplomatic talks with US are suspended so I think this news from 11 August 2020 is just part of re-election campaign of Donald Trump.

He needs to be tough on Russia to lure swing voters that believe in his pro-Russian stance ( of course it is bul$$it but swing voters believe in it).

Later the pipeline will be finished No matter US objections as US has No real instruments to stop it.

US is already too weak to impact German or Russian energy policy so it is just re-election campaign.

More general remark: about 98% of your recent posting is Donald Trump re-election campaign. 
I am Waiting for 3 November cause this forum would really increase in quality past these Dem vs Rep campaign bul$$it.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

US threatens, US backstabs, US breaches treaties, US illegally confiscates healthcare material - the recent fashion. Hopefully only till the election, when the lunatic Trump will be replaced with Biden. 

My thoughts are that US has no business threatening Germany. Germany also does not threated USA over keystone pipeline or over their trade cooperation with Canada or Mexico. 

Edited by Yoshiro Kamamura
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1