Tom Kirkman

Iran Accuses U.S. Of Pushing Up Oil Prices

Um, a gentle reminder, I'm still accepting friendly wagers (such as the loser buys lunch) that the USA and Iran will normalize relations by the end of this year. By December 2018.

Dagnabbit (dang?), I prolly need to be careful, contradicting news articles.

Anyhoo, here be the news:

Iran Accuses U.S. Of Pushing Up Oil Prices

"U.S. President Trump has made a deal with some OPEC producers to keep prices high as they support the U.S. economy and boost federal taxes. This is what Iran’s Energy Minister Bijan Zanganeh said on state TV this week as quoted by Bloomberg, adding that Trump was engaging in “shenanigans” on the oil market."

And here is the fairly long link to my comment earlier this week:

The choice is yours, sports fans.

I'm not backing down, one inch.

Start your engines.

Not a chance this year, or did you mean 2028?  Trump recently complained about high oil prices, so the statement by the Iranian oil minister doesn’t make sense.  Also, Trump in pro-Israel and his recent moves supporting Israeli policy will foreshadow any normalization efforts with Iran.  

• Upvote 2

I think there is some conspiracy or  we can say it as trumponomics behind it...Visit of saudi prince to DC after that prices are high...but no effect on shale, End of Iran nuclear deal...Well!! I don't know...

• Like 1

The price increases will have an impact on the developed countries balance of payments in the short-term. But in the longer term, it would reduce the growth in oil demand through more efficient use of energy.

• Like 1