Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TomTom

Most Undervalued U.S. shale stocks?

'undervalued' US shale stocks as oil markets are heating up: 

my favorites: #OAS, #NFX, #CRZO, #REI, #XEC

What are the favorites here in the community?

• Upvote 2

I am rooting for the dogs.  CHK, SWN and PQUE formerly known as PQ.  I am long PXD, XEC and XOM

• Upvote 2

but are they REALLY undervalued? Prices right now are artificially high, so I'm expecting that these are maybe more reasonably valued that we think. 

WFT could be considered undervalued along with SSOF.  Those are the two best stocks.  What does everyone think of SDRL?  I think it's interesting but too risky for me - I'm staying out of it for now.

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2018 at 3:02 PM, Horton47 said:

WFT could be considered undervalued along with SSOF.  Those are the two best stocks.  What does everyone think of SDRL?  I think it's interesting but too risky for me - I'm staying out of it for now.

Risky stuff indeed - I think that a bet on European oil majors (yes, even at these prices) is safer if you're looking at deepwater

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:02 AM, Horton47 said:

good thinking. WFT is running of assets to sell to cover its $7.3B debt and not expected to return to profitability till 2019 (EPS -0.52 2018E, 0.06 2019E), if all goes well. May be late to speculate, already had a good run. Not expecting any good out of SDRL, it is still a dog and under bankruptcy.  

• Upvote 2