(edited)

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 3

Yesterday US 41,484 and China 16 new cases of Covid-19.

41,484>16

resurgence of Covid 19 , bad economic situation in US > epidemic contained , normal life , economy back to pre Covid performance in China.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

6 hours ago, BLA said:

FACT :  U.S has one of the Best Covid 19 Stats in the world

Saying FACT: doesn't make it so.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

"It is what it is."

"We are lower than the world."  Fumbling idiot...

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

BLA, you simply can't be serious here.

• Like 1

BLA is warped. Entirely ignorant of facts, because he wants to be. 

Resurgence in China?  NO. Fact; ALL new cases are from those people returning from overseas. In the case of Xinjiang, this included people from other -stan countries who managed to evade border guards and entered illegally, thus evading the mandatory testing procedures, thus infecting thousands.  Fact: Shanghai, city of 26mm, had ZERO cases for a month. New cases are returnees, trying to save their lives, all are controlled to prevent spread and all are treated. Today, only 72 active cases for 26mm people. If China stopped 'imports' China would be zero cases in 3 weeks.

What can be said in USA, where near zero testing occurs?  40,000 cases daily? 

Of course, YOUR medias report none of this, so you believe what you choose. Ignoramuses by choice. So ignorant, you see not the dangers inherent to ignorance. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

It's sufficient to say that BLA is a Trumpist. That tells the whole story. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, BLA said:

FACT :  U.S has one of the Best Covid 19 Stats in the world.

Are those alternative facts? FACTS are concretely verifiable. 

FACT: Even when you remove NY from the equation, (or average it out to a similar death per capita to other big states) USA is still looking at high 400s in deaths per million. Still among the worst!  

FACT: Those numbers are getting worse every day, as the pandemic continues to result in thousands of new deaths each week. 

FACT: 1291 reported deaths yesterday. 8 of those, or less than 1% in NY.

So, while it's fair to say NY has the worst death rate per capita of any state, it's not at all factual, in any way shape or form, to say "U.S. has one of the Best Covid 19 Stats in the world". Unless by best you mean worst. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also I forgot to mention: resurgences are indeed happening throughout the world right now. This is true. 

FACT: 9 reported deaths in Germany yesterday; 392 in Texas and Florida alone.  

• Like 1

Yosho.....???....do you work for the Biden campaign?

On 8/25/2020 at 10:46 AM, BLA said:

FACT :  U.S has one of the Best Covid 19 Stats in the world.

After starting this thread, you should really defend this statement and what you meant.

• Like 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

After starting this thread, you should really defend this statement and what you meant.

Trump cult is fleeing the forum because they can no longer defend their claims.

@0R0 come back and show us your numbers!

Trump did not bring prosperity; a hard pill to swallow.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

(edited)

On 8/25/2020 at 7:10 PM, frankfurter said:

If China stopped 'imports' China would be zero cases in 3 weeks.

'Imports' in this case being the world sending CCP 'exports' back where they came from. If the CCP had controlled 'exports' in the first place then you wouldn't be receiving any 'imports'.

Franky hunny bunch 💓, you should just change your country's motto to "China, forever the victim"

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

'Imports' in this case being the world sending CCP 'exports' back where they came from. If the CCP had controlled 'exports' in the first place then you wouldn't be receiving any 'imports'.

Franky hunny bunch 💓, you should just change your country's motto to "China, forever the victim"

sigh, yet another ultra ignorant post. you and the cabal here really do need to see reality.

I presume you refer to covid. fact; China did stop exports. No Chinese national was permitted to leave.  THE CARRIERS OF COVID WERE USA NATIONALS.  Did China test them prior to departure. No. Why?  reasons: 1/ Covid was brand new. No test procedures were yet developed. 2/ The carriers showed no signs of symptoms. So why test?  3/ Even if China could detain them, on what grounds?  No country detains foreigners except on criminal charges. The murcans had no violated any laws. Simply no grounds to detain.

Trump allowed those carriers to return to the USA, and to walk about the country freely. Trump claimed the covid was but a flu. Your POTUS is the reason for your disaster. 

The above applies equally to the foreign nationals of other countries. 

But why would bigots be concerned about facts?  

• Great Response! 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, frankfurter said:

sigh, yet another ultra ignorant post. you and the cabal here really do need to see reality.

I presume you refer to covid. fact; China did stop exports. No Chinese national was permitted to leave.  THE CARRIERS OF COVID WERE USA NATIONALS.  Did China test them prior to departure. No. Why?  reasons: 1/ Covid was brand new. No test procedures were yet developed. 2/ The carriers showed no signs of symptoms. So why test?  3/ Even if China could detain them, on what grounds?  No country detains foreigners except on criminal charges. The murcans had no violated any laws. Simply no grounds to detain.

Trump allowed those carriers to return to the USA, and to walk about the country freely. Trump claimed the covid was but a flu. Your POTUS is the reason for your disaster. 

The above applies equally to the foreign nationals of other countries. 

But why would bigots be concerned about facts?  

My POTUS didn’t do a good job dealing with the virus your government exported to the world. You know the part where your CCP ignoranises banned internal travel but still allowed, in FACT encouraged foreign travel FROM Wuhan when the CCP already knew how bad this virus was. If the CCP is going down you’ll take the rest of the world with you. Those sweetly pie are FACTS 😍

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

On 8/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, BLA said:

It's resurging in China

It's resurging in  Europe  , including Germany 

FACT :  U.S has one of the Best Covid 19 Stats in the world.   Would have been much better had not Governor Cuomo (NY) , Governor Baker (MA) , and Governor Murphy  (NJ) funneled elderly into unprotected nursing homes to enrich their donners instead of putting them in Federally built and provided facilities.

China locks down millions    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-clamps-down-on-xinjiang-to-stop-covid-angering-residents/ar-BB18lQWq?ocid=spartandhp

I was drinking coffee while browsing the posts on oilprice.com. I got to this post and flooded my t-shirt with laughter.

With all due respect you have about 25% of all cases and 25% of all official deaths from coronavirus worldwide.

I do not want to be anti-American, but even in Poland, which, apart from Kosovo, is the most pro-American country in Europe, people nowadays write that America has been compromising itself in many areas since the beginning of the year.

I really support Trum I really do but even in Poland recently the tweet titled "USA is the richest country of the third world" is very popular.

I am well aware of what totalitarian methods the Chinese used to fight the pandemic, but lets be honest this particular round of the struggle for global domination  the USA  lost by a heavy knockout.

I will not judge there whether it is Trump's fault, democratic governors fault or God knows who.

Looking objectively at how much money the US spends every year on the health service, which in general is of course the very positive fact but what the results have been this year, in my opinion it should not be a topic for a party fight, but for very serious discussion.

I personally support Trump because it seems to me that he is the first American president in a long time who is trying to rule as president and to improve the fate of ordinary Americans not corporations , but this year is extremely terrible and unfortunately it is an election year for Trump.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

It is the case in many other countries, but in the US, you can  also say that because it is an election year for Trump, planned and unplanned events are magnified, except for the natural disaster.

Not every Covid19 death in US is caused by Covid19 while in others, they may want to ensure the death is by Covid19.  It is because the hospitals  have higher Medicare rates for Covid19 deaths than normal deaths. Of course there will be no evidence because how much more money you need to investigate case by case and in the worst cases, they just simply say too many deaths and they made mistakes. US people got to fight back the hospital/clinic administrators and insurances all the times but most Federal Government funds don't do that to corporations since long and State Government wouldn't care if it is not from their pocket.

You cannot fix the whole system by yourself. Not even any dictator can do that without losing some of their political allies. You can say one thing  and your expert will say another thing and people will believe the "expert" even if he has hidden intention.  All you can do is wait and remove that one later. It is much harder when media constantly undermined the credit then with dictatorship though.

Politicians  greed for power and money, and US is the most powerful country so the tempting for them are much much larger and attract lots of "political talents". When I lived in NZ, I didn't care about the election or voting but in the US it is like the whole year event and I got affected. As if US people go crazy every election year. Wife vs husband, son vs dad, friends etc. so normal US people learn to tolerate the differences.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Tomasz said:

I was drinking coffee while browsing the posts on oilprice.com. I got to this post and flooded my t-shirt with laughter.

With all due respect you have about 25% of all cases and 25% of all official deaths from coronavirus worldwide.

I do not want to be anti-American, but even in Poland, which, apart from Kosovo, is the most pro-American country in Europe, people nowadays write that America has been compromising itself in many areas since the beginning of the year.

I really support Trum I really do but even in Poland recently the tweet titled "USA is the richest country of the third world" is very popular.

I am well aware of what totalitarian methods the Chinese used to fight the pandemic, but lets be honest this particular round of the struggle for global domination  the USA  lost by a heavy knockout.

I will not judge there whether it is Trump's fault, democratic governors fault or God knows who.

Looking objectively at how much money the US spends every year on the health service, which in general is of course the very positive fact but what the results have been this year, in my opinion it should not be a topic for a party fight, but for very serious discussion.

I personally support Trump because it seems to me that he is the first American president in a long time who is trying to rule as president and to improve the fate of ordinary Americans not corporations , but this year is extremely terrible and unfortunately it is an election year for Trump.

Were the CCP to report the real death rate in China that % would be a lot lower. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Idiot - you sound like you have never been to a third world country like Japan or Canada.

Who gives a flying F what Poland tweets? (in response to Poland recently the tweet titled "USA is the richest country of the third world")

You need to go to Hong Kong and watch them drag gaggles of dead chickens through the streets for KFC, and ride the ox cart to work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, John Snyder said:

Idiot - you sound like you have never been to a third world country like Japan or Canada.

Who gives a flying F what Poland tweets? (in response to Poland recently the tweet titled "USA is the richest country of the third world")

You need to go to Hong Kong and watch them drag gaggles of dead chickens through the streets for KFC, and ride the ox cart to work.

Oh, Johnny. Pot calling the kettle black? Lol
You just proved his point, even though no-one else would call either Canada or Japan “third world”.

• Haha 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

Oh, Johnny. Pot calling the kettle black? Lol
You just proved his point, even though no-one else would call either Canada or Japan “third world”.

I'm not going to argue there. It is enough for me to see what the riots of mostly  black people in the USA look like almost every single time.

For comparison, I see how the demonstrations in the poor, backward post-Soviet country of Belarus look like for several thousand people.

And I draw conclusions.

I will probably get  minuses but it is so clichéd that it's boring.

The standard is that once in a while, in controversial circumstances, a Afroamerican  dies killed by the police and then we have violent riots of black Americans with mass destruction of property, burning cars and robbing all stores as it goes.

The second standard news from USA  is that from time to time someone will pull out an automatic weapon in public place and shoot a few / a dozen or even several dozen  innocent people passing by.

This, unfortunately, repeats itself with a frequency like a broken record as far as I remember.

This year it is so different that these riots are so intense that it happens once in several years that they resemble a regular war in some cities . Many countries have problems with this and it is not the fault of ordinary Americans that African Americans are somewhat problematic citizens, but so are the facts.

In a moment, almost 200,000 deaths from COVID-19 and regular riots this year in several cities so that the National Guard had to be brought in.

And it all happens in one of the richest countries in the world.

Who, under Trump, claims that he is being robbed by the rest of the world and proclaims the need for America First, although he is still one of the richest countries in the world, so maybe it is not really the fault that the rest of the world is stealing from America, but that this wealth is unequally divided between large corporations and ordinary Americans.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, Tomasz said:

I'm not going to argue there. It is enough for me to see what the riots of mostly  black people in the USA look like almost every single time.

For comparison, I see how the demonstrations in the poor, backward post-Soviet country of Belarus look like for several thousand people.

And I draw conclusions.

I will probably get  minuses but it is so clichéd that it's boring.

The standard is that once in a while, in controversial circumstances, a Afroamerican  dies killed by the police and then we have violent riots of black Americans with mass destruction of property, burning cars and robbing all stores as it goes.

The second standard news from USA  is that from time to time someone will pull out an automatic weapon in public place and shoot a few / a dozen or even several dozen  innocent people passing by.

This, unfortunately, repeats itself with a frequency like a broken record as far as I remember.

This year it is so different that these riots are so intense that it happens once in several years that they resemble a regular war in some cities . Many countries have problems with this and it is not the fault of ordinary Americans that African Americans are somewhat problematic citizens, but so are the facts.

In a moment, almost 200,000 deaths from COVID-19 and regular riots this year in several cities so that the National Guard had to be brought in.

And it all happens in one of the richest countries in the world.

Who, under Trump, claims that he is being robbed by the rest of the world and proclaims the need for America First, although he is still one of the richest countries in the world, so maybe it is not really the fault that the rest of the world is stealing from America, but that this wealth is unequally divided between large corporations and ordinary Americans.

US is a free country and everyone for himself.  The inequality in ordinary people come from some work hard for their family, overcome their desire for saving vs some do nothing, spend everything they receive, even from their kids, and save nothing then ask for more. You have people like that in most of "rich countries". They have nothing to lose and fight for hire or to get more as a ransom for social stability.

The free system, user pays  make lots of people want to take risk and thrive, bankrupt and start a new, use gun to defense their assets. In the past US attracted immigrants that had nothing to start with  but risked their lives, left their homeland to go to the US for opportunities. 

K12 is free and your choice for private school but college fee is an investment you need to make: easy degree or not, college reputation vs school fees and acceptance rate or skip college find a job and do college at night to advance your career. The average student loan debt for medical doctors are 200k with 11-14 years. What if you cannot keep up? You wast money and a big debt but the reward is 173k for starting salary when you finish it.

You choose to pay insurance or you prefer to save that money and don't have a choice for your doctor or med. Leave a job for startup to win big, or lose your saving. Most people in US I know work really hard, job advance is everything to them, insurance, mortgage... and live pay check for pay check to save for houses and retirements. It has been for generations with people were working hard, slaves or not, home brew talents & entrepreneurs like Edison, Bill Gate,  immigrant like Einstein, Tesla, Elon Musks. Risk culture, low tax, less regulations high rewards creates lots of R&D for innovations which US dominates the world with and therefore, wealth.

Arguably most of countries in the new world have the same starting point and didn't have WW1 or WW2 on their lands but only US stood out. And they attracted talents all over the worlds. One of my high school friend had an bachelor in science in Vietnamese university working in chip industry , but when a US company wanted him, they brought his family to the US and applied  GC. They don't care if you can speak good English, from a high reputation college, color , patient to understand to make the best our of you. They are curious but not suspicious and don't have  the pride that their ancestors have been here for thousands years, most understand that their ancestors were immigrants at some point. They accept you as a weirdo. New immigrants in the US should appreciate what they have now owe to many hard working US generations and contribute their parts, not taking things for granted.

But technologies make people much much more materialists nowadays and less savings, and the teaching here are more about rights than duties. Student should feel ashamed of their history but not proud (which other countries teach that?).These make people think because they were born in the US or have hard working ancestors for free, they are entitled to things. That is no where near American Way. And I didn't just come from third world country straight to US but lived in NZ for 15 years.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, John Snyder said:

Who gives a flying F what Poland tweets?

I know so many amazing Americans and count them as dear friends, but you sir, give meaning to the oft-used term "ugly American" with statements like this.

• Great Response! 1

16 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

My POTUS didn’t do a good job dealing with the virus your government exported to the world. You know the part where your CCP ignoranises banned internal travel but still allowed, in FACT encouraged foreign travel FROM Wuhan when the CCP already knew how bad this virus was. If the CCP is going down you’ll take the rest of the world with you. Those sweetly pie are FACTS 😍

none is so blind as he will not see.

repeat: the people who departed China were foreign nationals. no criminality, and thus no legal reason to detain them. they were not 'exported'.  they chose freely to leave the country.  they were not expelled. 

dumbed-down, drugged-up, indoctrinated, ignorant, bigoted murcans get what you vote for.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, John Snyder said:

to assert Canada and Japan are 3rd world is to display ignorance beyond the pale. 

(edited)

5 hours ago, SUZNV said:

US is a free country and everyone for himself.  The inequality in ordinary people come from some work hard for their family, overcome their desire for saving vs some do nothing, spend everything they receive, even from their kids, and save nothing then ask for more. You have people like that in most of "rich countries". They have nothing to lose and fight for hire or to get more as a ransom for social stability.

The free system, user pays  make lots of people want to take risk and thrive, bankrupt and start a new, use gun to defense their assets. In the past US attracted immigrants that had nothing to start with  but risked their lives, left their homeland to go to the US for opportunities. 

K12 is free and your choice for private school but college fee is an investment you need to make: easy degree or not, college reputation vs school fees and acceptance rate or skip college find a job and do college at night to advance your career. The average student loan debt for medical doctors are 200k with 11-14 years. What if you cannot keep up? You wast money and a big debt but the reward is 173k for starting salary when you finish it.

You choose to pay insurance or you prefer to save that money and don't have a choice for your doctor or med. Leave a job for startup to win big, or lose your saving. Most people in US I know work really hard, job advance is everything to them, insurance, mortgage... and live pay check for pay check to save for houses and retirements. It has been for generations with people were working hard, slaves or not, home brew talents & entrepreneurs like Edison, Bill Gate,  immigrant like Einstein, Tesla, Elon Musks. Risk culture, low tax, less regulations high rewards creates lots of R&D for innovations which US dominates the world with and therefore, wealth.

Arguably most of countries in the new world have the same starting point and didn't have WW1 or WW2 on their lands but only US stood out. And they attracted talents all over the worlds. One of my high school friend had an bachelor in science in Vietnamese university working in chip industry , but when a US company wanted him, they brought his family to the US and applied  GC. They don't care if you can speak good English, from a high reputation college, color , patient to understand to make the best our of you. They are curious but not suspicious and don't have  the pride that their ancestors have been here for thousands years, most understand that their ancestors were immigrants at some point. They accept you as a weirdo. New immigrants in the US should appreciate what they have now owe to many hard working US generations and contribute their parts, not taking things for granted.

But technologies make people much much more materialists nowadays and less savings, and the teaching here are more about rights than duties. Student should feel ashamed of their history but not proud (which other countries teach that?).These make people think because they were born in the US or have hard working ancestors for free, they are entitled to things. That is no where near American Way. And I didn't just come from third world country straight to US but lived in NZ for 15 years.

If a free country, why is Assange imprisoned and tortured? Why is Snowdon exiled?  Why is Meng remanded? none have committed a crime.  Why are laws enacted to prevent people from criticising Israel?  Why do elected officials take an oath of office that includes protection for Israel?  Why the law of civil asset forfeiture?  If you own property, supposedly it is yours, yet you are force to pay taxes for it. If you produce gains, you are forced to pay tax for it: you have not the freedom to 'opt-out'. When you die, your estate is forced to pay tax. Every phone call, every email, is copied. stored, and read by 3rd parties.  Your country has still the law to draft people into military service: they have no right to refuse.  And so much more.

Clearly, you have never managed large sums of money.  Try moving $1mm to say Spain, and tell how freely you manage it.

Your comment is one of the most ignorant I have ever read.  

Edited by frankfurter
  • Downvote 1