2 hours ago, Wombat said:

Too right Ron, and I don't mean to nit-pick, but the word is "loose". Everybody seems to get confused these days between "loose" and "lose", even the most highly educated of folk. I hope that was just a typo and that u have not been "re-educated" by the loonie illiterate left that can no longer use the Queen's English :)

It seems like the rest of Europe, not England, have problems with lose and loose.  It feels shxtty correcting people but it irritates me nonetheles when I read it.  Ron knows the proper way and I'm sure it was just a keyboard/fat finger problem this time. :) 

For anyone looking for a way to remember, just think of the word "moose" and you should know when to use "loose", as in "the monetary policy could be seen as loose" as opposed to "they really did not want to lose their insurance coverage, but the company left them with no choice."

Here endeth the lesson.

14 hours ago, frankfurter said:

uh,,, 1/ What exactly, in your mind, did China ask for?   2/ Concessions? What concessions?  Should you reply, please provide proof. 

The CO investment laws in China changed dramatically twice, most recently in 2019 (in obvious response to Trump tariffs and the attention they put on the regime's games). Prior to 2007 foreign entities were advised to follow certain structures wherein a Chinese entity held 51% regardless of contribution to make things "easier".

Some background from the legal eagles

Recognize, these lawyers make their money by encouraging entities to "invest" in China, so they're not going to say anything untoward about it. However reading between the lines you can easily see the pitfalls that await the poor schmucks who find their "profits" are totally trapped in China, never to be seen again. Case in point, a major Australian steel company built a joint venture in China. To fund it they borrowed $5 billion (AU) at home. Over the next several years their Chinese JV went gangbusters and they decided to retire their debt. That's when the troubles began. China threw up roadblock after roadblock to expropriation of "their" money. Eventually the company defaulted on their debt and sold their piece of the JV to the Chinese for pennies on the dollar. It never lost a cent, it was wildly profitable, but since it was "Chinese" money and not import income it received "special" treatment. 

• Great Response! 2

14 hours ago, Wombat said:

Too right Ron, and I don't mean to nit-pick, but the word is "loose". Everybody seems to get confused these days between "loose" and "lose", even the most highly educated of folk. I hope that was just a typo and that u have not been "re-educated" by the loonie illiterate left that can no longer use the Queen's English :)

Typo. 

(edited)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Shelby County man questions what is going on at the Shelby County Health Department

His mother died six months ago, but the health department just sent her a letter saying she is COVID-19 positive.

Troy Whittington said he was surprised when he opened the letter this week from the Shelby County Health Department. He knew what was in that letter was false.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/nation-world/shelby-county-woman-died-6-months-ago-letter-covid-19-positive/522-bcd8c6e1-5d75-4e07-af99-ed7babed909b?ocid=uxbndlbing&fbclid=IwAR1usNsBWZpCujZ1FBhBwmY-g4MzXGo0SShPPAztt05I6uKuJ_cLOWC_TiU

A mistake? People make mistakes everyday!

Talk to a friend who is nurse director. He told me a story:

A man from Florida came to his ward to test for covid19. After doing all the paper work, he couldn't wait  for the test so he went back to Florida. Few days later he received a test result that he was tested positive. That man were so pissed and made a complain.

So asking your trust able nurse or doctor administration around you  who deal with Covid19 patients and tests. They don't want to take the risk for whistle blower but may tell you stories alike which are oposite to their experts colleagues' saying on mainstream. 

Don't know why any of these stories cannot reach the national level. Instead reporters love to ask Biden not for his platform or plan or strategy but how does he feel about Trump:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-press-conference-shamefully-embarrassing-questions-reporters

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 1