AB

US after 4 more years of Trump?

(edited)

On 9/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, Ward Smith said:

Why they chose this site to play these games? It's either for practice or? I definitely believe they're test driving various algorithms of Cialdini Persuasion techniques.

I think you are on to something here, Ward.  I had not considered that the Chinese military agitprop unit was test-running algorithms; yet in retrospect it would be logical.  They seem to be failing in the "likability" department, though; nothing likable about the insolent, abusive behaviour of the combination "Yoshi" character. 

Ultimately, the solution for America and Americans is to sever commercial and diplomatic relationships with the Red Chinese. At this point in history, all it is bringing the West is misery, and I see no probability of change on the horizon.  That govt sees Communism and collectivism as the future of man, while the West sees individual worth, dignity, and freedom as the goal.  Those are fundamentally incompatible, so you already know that further entanglements with the Communists is just going to inflict more pain on the West.  Time to dump those guys. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
typing error
  • Like 4
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

It's all in your mind Ward. Seek help.

Why don't you knock it off, Entho.  Your constant sniping makes you look immature, and faintly ridiculous. Knock it off. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

21 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Why don't you knock it off, Entho.  Your constant sniping makes you look immature, and faintly ridiculous. Knock it off. 

Just understand that every one of these people who think I am a bot, sock, CCP operative, or paid in any way is wrong.  Tell them to knock off ridiculous accusations, if they do, I will stop defending myself.

Anyone who follows theses ideas is a sucker as they clearly have no evidence because it is factually not true. Defend the gullible if you like, but know that any defence of the stupid makes you look stupid.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Great Response! 1

4 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I think you are on to something here, Ward.  I had not considered that the Chinese military agitprop unit was test-running algorithms; yet in retrospect it would be logical.  They seem to be failing in the "likability" department, though; nothing likable about the insolent, abusive behaviour of the combination "Yoshi" character. 

Ultimately, the solution for America and Americans is to sever commercial and diplomatic relationships with the Red Chinese. At this point in history, all it is bringing the West is misery, and I see no probability of change on the horizon.  That govt wees Communism and collectivism as the future of man, while the West sees individual worth, dignity, and freedom as the goal.  Those are fundamentally incompatible, so you already know that further entanglements with the Communists is just going to inflict more pain on the West.  Time to dump those guys. 

Actually Jan, since President Xi made himself President for Life, China is now a dictatorship.  Enthralpick and the others haven't figured it out yet and are still spewing "CCP is Great" when their programming should be "Xi is God".  They should be careful lest their dictator-leader have them thrown in jail, or worse, since they promote The Party over The God.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

1.  First he has to win, eh? 

2.  Even if he does, nothing will change.  Endless shit, endless hate, kinda like this thread.

3.  Trump's too disorganized to accomplish anything, other then shitting on people.  He's also too old, like Biden.  Both of their minds have calcified to the point where both are incapable of creative ideas.  The fact that the current election is Biden vs Trump, two octogenerians- one angry, the other bland- is evidence of the dysfunctional nature of American politics.  If Trump is seen as the figure of American conservatism, then American conservatism is dead.  

The last four years under Trump has gone exactly as I expected.  Endless hate, endless rage. That's what happens when a sociopath is in power.  And if Trump wins again, I reckon the same shit will happen again in the next four years.  

EDIT: Oh yeah, one other point.  All this talk about "severing relationships" is appropriate.  The only thing Trump and many of his supporters are capable of are severing relationships and breaking stuff and hating on others.  Building relationships or alliances or anything long lasting? Nah. Trump and many of his supporters are only capable of hate and paranoia. Trump's isolationism is playing right into China's hands.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Endless shit, endless hate, kinda like this thread.

Endlessly butthurt snowflakes endlessly complaining about "not my president" holding office. Kinda like you snowflake. Do us all a favor and melt. 

• Like 3
  • Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

On 9/2/2020 at 7:52 PM, El Gato said:

Rural areas already achieved herd immunity because we NEVER wore masks! Sweden was correct!

It is really stupid for the elderly to not isolate and protect themselves. The youngsters can do as they please, just stay away from the elderly. 

Rural area in the United States are much more vast than in Europe. Many of them have not had an opportunity to develop herd immunity. Those who self isolate do not have much exposure either, and need to wait for a vaccine just in case. 

https://coronavirusbellcurve.com/#statesherd

Edited by ronwagn
addition
  • Upvote 2

On 9/5/2020 at 11:57 AM, Tom Nolan said:

I hear ya Dan.  It is not about the money for some.  I think some of those people in positions of power jack-off to the power-rush.  I believe they love controlling other bodies...while it's not sexual, they seem to derive an orgasmic pleasure from being able to dictate the lives of others. 

We sure are seeing it in Australia and New Zealand right now.  Can't even take out the trash.  If you post on Facebook, they will come to your home and arrest you.  The videos are horrendous.  Nazi authoritarians.

I believe that the Will to Power is the most powerful motivation in the mortal human psyche. It serves a purpose but, when unrestrained, it leads to rampant abuse and totalitarianism. A certain amount of power is needed to protect oneself and family.  That is not to say it is the highest motivation, just the most powerful in the worldly sense. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_to_power

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Enthalpic and the others haven't figured it out yet and are still spewing "CCP is Great" when their programming should be "Xi is God".  They should be careful lest their dictator-leader have them thrown in jail, or worse, since they promote The Party over The God.

I am certainly not pro-China.  Don't confuse disliking trump with loving China. 

China is still giving Canada headaches because we have the Huawei executive in custody.

Got to give trump some credit, he certainly has you guys well indoctrinated.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I am certainly not pro-China.  Don't confuse disliking trump with loving China. 

China is still giving Canada headaches because we have the Huawei executive in custody.

Got to give trump some credit, he certainly has you guys well indoctrinated.

Curious here, Buck Twenty Eight, looks like the northern border of the U.S. will remain closed all winter.  I know many Canadians either go south to Arizona or Cuba.  Where will you winter?

What about the Rye and Canola?

(edited)

1 hour ago, Richard Snyder said:

Curious here, Buck Twenty Eight, looks like the northern border of the U.S. will remain closed all winter.  I know many Canadians either go south to Arizona or Cuba.  Where will you winter?

What about the Rye and Canola?

I do like to winter vacation in the states, but with covid, riots, and the unknown election fallout your nation isn't looking to desirable right now anyways. 

Already had a planned trip to Seattle cancelled.  Ironic that covid cancelled a funeral.

Guess I'll have to keep my money in Canada this winter.  Getting married next June so hopefully world travel is open by then for a honeymoon, probably Europe maybe Hawaii.

If I get sick of snow I can go to Vancouver island, it's not sunbathing warm but no snow.

I'm not a farmer, but I drive by plenty of fields, they look fine.

Edited by Enthalpic

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

I do like to winter vacation in the states, but with covid, riots, and the unknown election fallout your nation isn't looking to desirable right now anyways. 

Already had a planned trip to Seattle cancelled.  Ironic that covid cancelled a funeral.

Guess I'll have to keep my money in Canada this winter.  Getting married next June so hopefully world travel is open by then for a honeymoon, probably Europe maybe Hawaii.

I I get sick of snow I can go to Vancouver island, it's not sunbathing warm but no snow.

I'm not a farmer, but I drive by plenty of fields, they look fine.

Two points here for you, a Buck Twenty Eight;

a). You don't really reside in Canada.         b). The Earth is not flat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richard Snyder said:

Two points here for you, a Buck Twenty Eight;

a). You don't really reside in Canada.         b). The Earth is not flat.

Well we can agree the earth is not flat.

(edited)

15 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Endlessly butthurt snowflakes endlessly complaining about "not my president" holding office. Kinda like you snowflake. Do us all a favor and melt. 

See? Hate hate hate.  That's all you offer.  Kinda like Trump. No wonder you see him as your role model.

Don't you find it ironic that a person who treats Obama like he's from Kenya gets upset when others treat him the same way? But I don't think you do.  You don't seem like a person capable of irony.  Or humor for that matter.

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

See? Hate hate hate.  That's all you offer.  Kinda like Trump. No wonder you see him as your role model.

Don't you find it ironic that a person who treats Obama like he's from Kenya gets upset when others treat him the same way? But I don't think you do.  You don't seem like a person capable of irony.  Or humor for that matter.

Obama is "from" Kenya, at least if his father was born there. My mother is Irish, because that's where her parents were born. 

Wherever Obama was born is irrelevant since the foundational issue was what was up with his obviously faked birth certificate.  I believe the Kenya birth was a red herring to distract from the real issue of why that document was so artlessly modified, then put on public display. My guess? The box where "father" goes was blank. Americans will vote for a black man and elected him twice, but would they pull the trigger for a bastard? Who knows? 

As for humor, I'm not the one humor challenged here. YMMV

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

3 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Obama is "from" Kenya, at least if his father was born there. My mother is Irish, because that's where her parents were born. 

Wherever Obama was born is irrelevant since the foundational issue was what was up with his obviously faked birth certificate.  I believe the Kenya birth was a red herring to distract from the real issue of why that document was so artlessly modified, then put on public display. My guess? The box where "father" goes was blank. Americans will vote for a black man and elected him twice, but would they pull the trigger for a bastard? Who knows? 

There is not a conspiracy around that "IQ" Ward won't fall for.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:47 PM, Enthalpic said:

It's all in your mind Ward. Seek help.

OK Yoshi!

• Like 1

(edited)

12 minutes ago, Bob D said:

OK Yoshi!

Another sucker?  LOL  This explains how trump gets votes...

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 2

OK Yoshi!

• Haha 1

(edited)

21 minutes ago, Bob D said:

OK Yoshi!

Also if we were a group, we are not, I would be the leader.  I'm subordinate to no one, except maybe the lady at times.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

20 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Mmm hmmm.  Obviously you've drunk the conspiracy Kool-Aid.  You're like those Russkies in Stalin's era.  Seeing conspiracies and enemies everywhere.  And when things don't work out? Why of course it's "Enemies of the State (those Democrats) sabotaging the Dear Leader (Donald Trump)."  

Perhaps we should call you "Comrade".  "Comrade Smith."  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

47 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

Mmm hmmm.  Obviously you've drunk the conspiracy Kool-Aid.  You're like those Russkies in Stalin's era.  Seeing conspiracies and enemies everywhere.  And when things don't work out? Why of course it's "Enemies of the State (those Democrats) sabotaging the Dear Leader (Donald Trump)."  

Perhaps we should call you "Comrade".  "Comrade Smith."  

To the big E. It is not " why of course" that phrase just lacks any impact..gravitas!

Now big E..."But Of Course" does resonate does it. Such is life.

Opinions Ohh so many opinions and so little time

Your mileage will vary accordingly, depending greatly on your recent bud consumption

• Haha 2

(edited)

The poverty rate in the United States in 2019 fell to 10.5% from 11.8% a year earlier and became the lowest since the beginning of observations in 1959, MarketWatch writes, citing data from the US Census Bureau. The decrease was observed for the fifth consecutive year. In 2014, it was 14.8%. The number of Americans living below the poverty line fell 4.2 million last year to 34 million.Poverty reduction was observed in all groups: among people of Asian descent - by 2.8 percentage points, to 7.3%, Latin Americans - by 1.8 percentage points, to 15.7%, African Americans - by 2 percentage points. .p., up to 18.8%.The indicator, taking into account government support, indicated the poverty level just above 11.7% at the end of 2019.The median annual household income in 2019 increased by 6.8% to $ 68,703. The number of residents of the country who do not have health insurance dropped to 26.1 million from 27.5 million in 2018.However, the results achieved over the past five years are threatened by the pandemic as tens of millions of Americans have lost their jobs, MarketWatch notes. More than 13 million Americans were still receiving unemployment benefits at the end of August, according to the country's Labor Department.The rise in poverty, at least temporarily, could contain increased government benefits, but their payments could be stopped if Congress does not reach agreement on a new package of measures to support the US economy.

I am not personally a supporter of lowering the taxes of the richest, but if these are the results, I think that if it were not for the pandemic, Trump would almost certainly win the vote.

The economy before pandemic was definitely in much better shape compared to Obama's times.

By the way, I would also like to point out that it is said that Trump is soft towards Russia. In my opinion, he is not at all soft towards Putin and he has certainly taken up a fight with China.

Only for this purpose it has to break the rules of globalization because they serve China much better than the USA and therefore the USA has to change the rules of the global game.

However, such are the consequences and in general the USA is at odds as a country changing the rules of the game with many other countries of the world to which the current globalization was more suited.

So as result we have new WTO panel verdict in a case of US new tariifs against China

The United States has failed to sufficiently substantiate the need for a sharp increase in duties on Chinese goods in 2018, and these measures are contrary to international trade rules. This is the conclusion reached by the WTO arbitrators, who considered China's claim on two lists of goods, the volume of imports of which to the United States was equal to $ 234 billion. brought to the end.

The World Trade Organization (WTO) has concluded that the duties imposed by the United States in 2018 on a number of goods from the PRC do not comply with international trade rules. The lawsuit concerns two lists of goods on which Washington imposed duties of 25% - first in June (in relation to imports of $ 34 billion), and then in September 2018 ($ 200 billion). "The United States has not proven that the measures introduced are justified," - says the conclusion of the panel of arbitrators of the WTO.

As a reminder, the duties were introduced by the United States with reference to national legislation allowing retaliation in case of violation of technology transfer rules and to protect intellectual property. China requested the formation of a panel of arbitrators in December 2018, it was assembled in June 2019. The United States has not filed a single counterclaim against China's foreign trade countermeasures.

In China, the arbitrators' decision was expectedly called objective and fair, indicating that Beijing respects the WTO rules. By contrast, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said the United States should be allowed to defend itself against unfair trade practices and that the Trump administration "will not allow China to use the WTO to abuse the interests of American workers, businessmen and farmers."

According to the verdict of the WTO dispute settlement body, the United States now needs to "bring its actions in line with their obligations."

However, this is unlikely to happen - since December 10, 2019, due to the US blocking the process of appointing new arbitrators, the appellate instance of the organization stopped its work. Let us clarify that, although the main dispute settlement body continues to work, the execution of its decisions in such conditions actually becomes a voluntary matter, because it is the decision of the WTO appellate instance that is considered final.

How the US decided to clear the internet of China

Against the background of new bans and restrictions (in particular, on the use of the Chinese application TikTok in the United States), the trade agreement between the two countries, signed in January this year, was also under threat. According to the document, China has pledged to increase purchases of American goods by about $ 200 billion compared to the level of 2017 in exchange for Washington's refusal to hold the latest round of tariff increases and a halving (to 7.5%) of the tariff on Chinese imports in the amount of $ 112 billion.

During the trade war between the two countries, the average US tariff for Chinese products increased from 3.1% to 21%, and China's for American goods - from 8% to 21.1%. According to data for eight months of this year, China-US trade turnover decreased by 3.5% compared to the same period in 2019, including exports from China - by 3.6% (to $ 266 billion), and imports of American goods in China - by 2.9% (to $ 78 billion).

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

On 9/2/2020 at 3:52 PM, Ward Smith said:

I've seen your shtick here before so know full well even when you're pretending to be reasonable you've got an agenda to pursue. That air cleared, the quoted part is interesting. Save for the Covid circus, Trump has record employment numbers coming into this year, exactly the opposite of "depression-like" conditions. It's Trump's fault the Chinese unleashed a Frankenvirus on the planet and the planet overreacted? BTW all those states who shut down were run by Democrats! So Trump is responsible because? 

Let's watch you weasel word your way out of this. 

So China is responsible for Covid and wild fires are California’s fault. Trump doesn’t lie and our federal debt isn’t exploding. The military budget goes from 700 billion to 750 and now magically in a couple years the military is great again. A huge tax cut is passed for the rich and corporations while around 1/2 the US population makes $30,000 and lower. And Texas, the biggest baddest collection of right wing red necks in the world with a red governor is getting its ass kicked by Covid. 

Edited by Boat
  • Rolling Eye 3

Trump the racist loves to point to entire groups of people and individuals and make false accusations endearing him to the more uncivilized, selfish, power hungry, think there stuff don’t stink type of Neanderthal stock.

Trump eats his own personal picks for positions and blames the Dems for the fallout. For a guy that demands loyalty in the vein of Putin and XI he is notoriously poor at vetting. I suppose living a poor moral code code makes it difficult to recognize hard working honest men and women and get them to buy into his rapidly changing vision dreamed off the top of his head.

• Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1