(edited)

Edited by BLA
  • Like 6
  • Great Response! 2

2 hours ago, BLA said:

The new Democratic talking point to the public is we can only stop Fracking on Federal lands of which is a very minor percentage.

Don't believe it.

They understate the amount of Federal leases.  

* First, the Federal land leases are substantial in New Mexico and Wyoming. Also Fed leases in most other Fracking states.

* Second, if Democratic Party wins Senate you will see numerous new Federal legislation (1). Clean Air legislation, (2). Clean Water legislation, (3). New noise volume legislation (4). Many other regulatory hurdles all targeted at the Fracking industry.  THESE NEW FEDERAL REGULATIONS AND LAWS WILL MAKE IT PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE TO FRACK IN ANY STATE.

* Third, They will end all current and future conventional oil drilling in Alaska Federal lands.

* Fourth, they will most likely stop a future offshore lease suctions and may revoke all currently held leases which have not yet commenced drilling.

TX , NM , OK , LA , ND.  CO , WY , PA , OH , WV  time to start worrying.

I hate it when i am forced to breath clean air or drink clean water.

• Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 2

Jay

you are misleading everyone about fracking!!!

fracking does NOT hurt the environment 

prove to me you know what you’re talking about with out quotations of unproven leftist propaganda and I will be glad to listen!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

If you hate clean air move to California and breath in all that dirty air from their wild fires. 

Also with all the blackouts your HVCA , ventilation, air condition and air purifier won't work  .. .. ..  and you can rebreath all your dirty hot air.

Good luck.

Edited by BLA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimc said:

Jay

you are misleading everyone about fracking!!!

prove to me you know what you’re talking about with out quotations of unproven leftist propaganda and I will be glad to listen!!

"flaring has become more of an issue with the rapid development of unconventional, tight oil and gas resources over the past two decades, beginning with shale gas

the lack of a direct market access for the gas is the most prevalent reason for ongoing flaring." https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2019/08/f65/Natural Gas Flaring and Venting Report.pdf

Fracking requires so many wells to be drilled that it isn't practical to build all the infrastructure to capture associated gas at every well.

Nothing I say is going to make you listen, and I sincerely don't care. Oil is dying and there will soon be no need for fracking.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

Have you ever been to an oil field?

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimc said:

Have you ever been to an oil field?

yes

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Click on the YouTube emblem at the bottom if you don't know what this is.

Oh, and I forgot to add the first comment under the video, which I thought was pretty funny:

I live next to it. very cheap rent. I ignore the extra arm I've grown, it doesn't work.
Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

"flaring has become more of an issue with the rapid development of unconventional, tight oil and gas resources over the past two decades, beginning with shale gas

the lack of a direct market access for the gas is the most prevalent reason for ongoing flaring." https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2019/08/f65/Natural Gas Flaring and Venting Report.pdf

Fracking requires so many wells to be drilled that it isn't practical to build all the infrastructure to capture associated gas at every well.

Nothing I say is going to make you listen, and I sincerely don't care. Oil is dying and there will soon be no need for fracking.

I am with you on the flaring.

Laws need to be enforced.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

16 minutes ago, BLA said:

I am with you on the flaring.

Laws need to be enforced.

If the laws were enforced what do you think that would do to the fracking industry? 

your first post lamented Dems support of clean air legislation. Presumably this legislation would be to enforce the flaring rules.

(edited)

No, you shouldn't believe that. The Demoncrats are out to destroy shale oil and gas. They want all windmills, solar and fairy tales. The ones you like to spout. 

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Don't mind the REE pollutants, so long as Jay gets his Tesla and iPhone all is good. 

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Don't mind the REE pollutants, so long as Jay gets his Tesla and iPhone all is good. 

Off topic and unrelated to fracking.

There is plenty of oil available without fracking.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jimc said:

Right...

All oil development hurts the environment, fracking even more so. 

You are literally punching holes in rock formations that separate clean water from contamination and then fracturing the underlying rock and destabilizing the formation as evident by small earthquakes.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Rolling Eye 1

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Yes, but fracking is safe and has been used for decades. What is needed is the pipelines and flaring should be reduced greatly worldwide. We not even one of the biggest flaring nations but none is better. There are many answers to this simple problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Right...

All oil development hurts the environment, fracking even more so. 

You are literally punching holes in rock formations that separate clean water from contamination and then fracturing the underlying rock and destabilizing the formation as evident by small earthquakes.

Clean water aquifers aren't generally 1500 to 3000m down. If you're STILL basing your incorrect information on "Gasland", then you have a long way to go and a lot to learn. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

40 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

You really want to get in a posting match over showing pollution when you are defending the oil industry? That doesn't seem wise considering the non stop stream of oil spills going on world wide.

Borneo oil spill costs
Indonesia’s poor

Marine pollution and its impact on ocean life
represents a major threat to coastal communities.

Oil slick in Balikpapan Bay, Indonesia (Photo: WALHI)

• NEWSTHE NIGER DELTA IS ONE OF THE MOST POLLUTED PLACES ON EARTH

The Niger Delta is Africa’s most important oil-producing region, and one of the most polluted places on earth.

For decades oil spills have been damaging the environment and devastating lives in this part of Nigeria.

Shell and Eni, two of the biggest corporations working in the Niger Delta, say that most oil spills are caused by sabotage and theft, and they are doing all they can to prevent spills and then clean them up afterwards. .

But these claims are often based on unreliable information.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Read the entire 2020 Demoncrat Platform and especially the effort to eliminate all carbon use by 2035! What a joke. These people are crazy liars that will say anything to get total power. Also read how they want to give the green replacement jobs to minorities and labor union members. The hell with white workers who work to produce oil, natural gas, coal, and green energy. How many of them belong to unions?

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/combating-the-climate-crisis-and-pursuing-environmental-justice/

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/ The whole deal. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Don't think so . . . . Most of that is in other countries.  Many of them unstable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

2 minutes ago, BLA said:

Don't think so . . . . Most of that is in other countries.  Many of them unstable.

I'm Canadian.  We will ship you our non-fracked oil. :)

Oil sand oil is bad too, but technically not fracked. We also have lots of conventional oil.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I'm Canadian.  We will ship you our non-fracked oil. :)

Oil sand oil is bad too, but technically not fracked. We also have lots of conventional oil.

I knew you were gonna say that.

The Canadian oil to U.S. was shut down this week because there was a leak in the pipeline that supplied the diluent.

Send your oil.  U.S. refineries that produce diesel love your crude.

Edited by BLA
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 3

4 minutes ago, BLA said:

I knew you were gonna say that.

The Canadian oil to U.S. was shut down this week because there was a leak in the pipeline that supplied the diluent.

Send your oil.  U.S. refineries that produce diesel love your crude.

and you won't even need to send the diesel back to them in a few years

Canadian National Railway orders Lion Electric trucksthe-lion-electric-canadian-national-railway-e-lkw-electric-truck-kanada-canada-2020-01.pnghttps://www.electrive.com/2020/09/01/canadian-national-railway-signs-mou-with-the-lion-electric-co-for-e-trucks/

(edited)

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

and you won't even need Lion Electric trucksthe-lion-electric-canadian-national-railway-e-lkw-electric-truck-kanada-canada-2020-01.png

Bring on the electric cars and trucks.

I'm all for electric trucks and cars. 

EVs now can compete without subsidies.  It's called Capitalism.  Let's go.  

I'm  not married to oil.  I just don't want Joe Biden, Bernie and AOC (formally Sandy Cortez) prematurely  shutting down U.S. oil industry putting our country at the mercy of OPEC and paying $120 bbl oil.

WE WILL STILL NEED FRACKING FOR NATURAL GAS TO RUN THE POWER PLANTS.

Safe and clean Nuclear Fusion power will be available in 25 years in my opinion.

Edited by BLA
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, BLA said:

Bring on the electric cars and trucks.  

EVs now can compete without subsidies.  It's called Capitalism.  Let's go.  

I'm  not married to oil.  I just don't want AOC (formally Sandy Cortez) prematurely  shutting down U.S. oil industry putting our country at the mercy of OPEC and paying $120 bbl oil.

WE WILL STILL NEED FRACKING FOR NATURAL GAS TO RUN THE POWER PLANTS.

Safe and clean Nuclear Fusion power will be available in 25 years in my opinion.

But as you say EV's are ready for prime time. So OPEC can't hold us hostage because we can just escape to EV's. Fleets in particular would transition at lightning speed and thus drive down the demand for oil and the nominal oil price. opec would just have to keep decreasing production to keep the price up until there was no demand left.

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You really want to get in a posting match over showing pollution when you are defending the oil industry? That doesn't seem wise considering the non stop stream of oil spills going on world wide.

Borneo oil spill costs
Indonesia’s poor

Marine pollution and its impact on ocean life
represents a major threat to coastal communities.

Oil slick in Balikpapan Bay, Indonesia (Photo: WALHI)

• NEWSTHE NIGER DELTA IS ONE OF THE MOST POLLUTED PLACES ON EARTH

The Niger Delta is Africa’s most important oil-producing region, and one of the most polluted places on earth.

For decades oil spills have been damaging the environment and devastating lives in this part of Nigeria.

Shell and Eni, two of the biggest corporations working in the Niger Delta, say that most oil spills are caused by sabotage and theft, and they are doing all they can to prevent spills and then clean them up afterwards. .

But these claims are often based on unreliable information.

Have you ever been to Nigeria? You think they're all upstanding citizens there. Been giving your account information to Nigerian "princes"? 

Here's why there's oil spills somewhere in the world. The world has continually been moving about 100 million bbls of oil per day. This is a scale beyond your ken.

Remember, those modern wind turbines consume 4 tons of REE's each. That means they moved 8000 tons of earth to recover those 4 tons. You'd be screaming bloody murder if they dug up 2000 tons of oil sands to recover 1 ton of oil. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 2