I am multi racial so not likely much of a racist. 

Just now, ronwagn said:

I am multi racial so not likely much of a racist. 

I am willing to explain the complexities of the stats when you compare two groups interacting that are of much different sizes.

76.3% white, 13.4% black

This is further complicated by segregation.

There is no segregation in the United States. There is natural segregation between income groups and preferences. Anyone can buy a house anywhere they wish. They can rent anywhere they can afford. The Demoncrats would like to place section 8 housing anywhere they like and break up residential areas to their liking. Do you think that is a good idea for Canada and the U.S.?

25 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

The graph presented by ward is clearly racist propaganda.  One, it purposely presented the data in a way to make blacks look worse; Two, it has anti-BLM commentary added.

Leave your CCP sidetrack out of this; I don't overlook anything. I expect more from North Americans. If you want to lower your standards to match theirs go ahead, but I won't be silent.

I have no CCP sidetrack, it is the main track since I started this topic. 

• Like 1

(edited)

Overly simplistic primer.

A murder can only occur when two people interact.

Disadvantaged areas have higher population densities and concentrate race type.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collision_frequency

If you do a lot of math you will find that white people are highly murderous - and would kill more blacks if they were exposed to more blacks. Segregation prevents much of that so whites kill whites, and blacks kills blacks, primarily.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

9 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

There is no segregation in the United States. There is natural segregation between income groups and preferences.

The income group segregation is unnatural.

Yeah, blacks prefer to be poor... 

Edited by Enthalpic

Soon someone will call blacks lazy or stupid and undeserving of higher pay; calling that natural.

• Rolling Eye 1

10 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Poor people do not graduate from school even though it is free.  Poor people are indiscriminate with their sexual partners getting them pregnant and running away creating fatherless, motherless, parentless children of whom 25% end up in Jail because they have no family for the most part to fall back upon when they do stupid things as teenagers/early 20's as we ALL DO!  Poor people fall into drugs and peddle them dumping their butts into jail.  Poor people commit robbery etc instead of getting a job as they are self entitled and think they are superior to working at farms, meat packing plants, concrete work, call centers, construction work etc. 

You will note to a bigot of low expectations like you, I said nothing about skin color.  Rather said everything about culture and lack of morals. 

Drop the bigotry please. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Poor people do not graduate from school even though it is free.  Poor people are indiscriminate with their sexual partners getting them pregnant and running away creating fatherless, motherless, parentless children of whom 25% end up in Jail because they have no family for the most part to fall back upon when they do stupid things as teenagers/early 20's as we ALL DO!  Poor people fall into drugs and peddle them dumping their butts into jail.  Poor people commit robbery etc instead of getting a job as they are self entitled and think they are superior to working at farms, meat packing plants, concrete work, call centers, construction work etc. 

You will note to a bigot of low expectations like you, I said nothing about skin color.  Rather said everything about culture and lack of morals. 

Drop the bigotry please. 

I grew up very poor, but white, in an advantaged area.

I finished school, university wasn't free but I got help (bursaries, scholarships) and low interest loans.

No criminal record.

Drop your stereotypes of the poor please.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

There are many income groups, not just blacks and whites. There are poor in all races and rich in all races in America. I was born into public housing in Detroit. I think that governmental efforts are fine, but they should take place in low income areas, not invade the suburbs. I grew up very poor and entered the army at age 17. I bought my first house at age 24 and am in my fourth home. Homes are extremely cheap in Decatur, Illinois. A decent house starts in prices as low as $25,000. A home that would cost $500,000 in California would equal one that is $150,000 here. Take a look at realtor.com. We have lots of public housing and it looks pretty good. People pay on a sliding scale for their housing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 9/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, ronwagn said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/01/inner-mongolia-protests-china-mandarin-schools-language

The CCP is attacking all minorities throughout China, Han and non Han groups. Mongolia is the latest. The others I know of are Hong Kongers, Tibetans, Uyghurs, Taiwanese but there are 55 minority groups. Please read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_minorities_in_China

Inner Mongolia protests at China's plans to bring in Mandarin-only lessons

Beijing plan to replace Mongolian language in some school subjects sparks fears of cultural assimilation

Protesters gather in Ulaanbaatar, the capital of neighbouring Mongolia, against China’s plan to introduce Mandarin-only classes in the autonomous region of Inner Mongolia.

Fascinating!  I didn't know that they allow protests in China, who would have thought .. 🤔 

Protests seem to be in fashion everywhere nowadays, it doesn't seem to stop.  I found a website that provides live updates of all the protests going on in America.  They provide detail map locations, video clips and blow by blow reporting. The latest report is now from Rochester.  The crowd has gotten so big there seems to be no end.

https://usprotests.liveuamap.com/

If you find something similar for China, please share.  It may be interesting.

Edited by Hotone

12 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Homes are extremely cheap in Decatur, Illinois. A decent house starts in prices as low as $25,000. A home that would cost $500,000 in California would equal one that is $150,000 here. Take a look at realtor.com. We have lots of public housing and it looks pretty good. People pay on a sliding scale for their housing. 

Do you know if there are local rules about buying them? 

Do they meet code?  Some places say you can't just leave them uninhabitable or just tear them down and leave a vacant lot.

I would buy up land; I hear they don't make much of that anymore. 

13 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Do they meet code?  Some places say you can't just leave them uninhabitable or just tear them down and leave a vacant lot.

I have two extra 1/2 acre lots in a beautiful area near the lake. We paid $20,000 for them and we would love to sell them for a somewhat higher price but Illinois is chasing people away. It will only get worse due to overspending. We couldn't afford to build for what we  found though. A brand new home on 1/2 acre for 109,500 13 years ago. We were then able to buy a low lying lot next door and now have an acre. I paid $4,500 for that lot since it would be expensive to build on. Two of my daughters have homes that we bought them for $25,000. One is a large two story and one is a small two bedroom. Both have great yards. One was built around 1920 and the other in the fifties. My homes have no code problems and the lots even allow modular homes and very small homes.  

• Like 1

(edited)

41 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Fascinating!  I didn't know that they allow protests in China, who would have thought .. 🤔 

Protests seem to be in fashion everywhere nowadays, it doesn't seem to stop.  I found a website that provides live updates of all the protests going on in America.  They provide detail map locations, video clips and blow by blow reporting. The latest report is now from Rochester.  The crowd has gotten so big there seems to be no end.

https://usprotests.liveuamap.com/

If you find something similar for China, please share.  It may be interesting.

The Chinese have far greater grievances going on! Americans have no idea how grateful they should be for what they have. The poor in America are upper class compared to most of the world. 

Your reference is great, thanks. 

see the epochtimes.com for many areas in China unhappy, food shortages due to the flooding, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet, Muslim areas, fights with India, Mongolia. They have 55 ethnic minorities and they are all repressed by the Han majority. Then you have all the Christian repression, Falun Gong, and all religions. There is also a movement to leave the Chinese Communist Party and many have. 

Edited by ronwagn
addition
  • Upvote 1

Some very prescient thoughts and reasoning from Denzel "my man" Washington.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Not one of them has been innocent.  

Not one peep out of the slanderous lying scum media about black cops shooting white guys etc.  Perfectly justified in majority of them. 

Not one peep about the actual reason for majority of them; DRUGS.  Why?  Lefties LOVE their drugs.  If it was me, I would shoot every single drug dealer, or if they do not want to die, but get 5 years in jail, they can give up their drug supplier.  The drug problem and vast majority of the crime would disappear. 

China figured this out, so did the Philippines.  They have problems, but drugs is not one of them. 

"Not one of them has been innocent."  uh, how do you know?  last I heard, 'murcans are presumed innocent until proven guilty.  has this changed? 

7 hours ago, ronwagn said:

What racist propaganda? It is in your imagination, while you overlook whatever the CCP does against its minorities. It is AOK with leftists. 

Are we to assume YOU have been to the regions you quote to investigate 1st-hand?  
Odd, the people I know in the regions have seen no violence, no arrests, no pogroms. The 'minorities' speak their dialects freely and openly. ditto for Shanghai, Beijing, virtually all other major centres.
Attacks on minorities?  Where?  Proof? 
As far as I know, the indigenous peoples of North America were first, before you lived. So why are your schools not teaching Apache language as the core curriculum?  Or how about LA becoming Vietnamese only, since the VN-murcan people are a minority?

Is it true what I read recently, that US schools are no longer teaching English, but rather a form of slang English to appease the BLM? 

Since when has minority rule supplanted the rule of the majority? 

12 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I think that is viable for long term investment, the trouble with that is that your grandchildren benefit while you pay the taxes and upkeep. Meanwhile some of those old houses are destroyed by crack dealers and boarded up. When finally torn down, at the city's expense, they are good for open space and gardens.