Tomasz

Up to 90% of people who test positive for Covid barely carry any virus & are not contagious. Every stat about the disease is bogus

(edited)

I know the article is from the controversial RT. However, I would like to note that if this is true, it puts the results of the fight against the coronavirus in the US in a different light. At the same time, it is worth considering whether the American liberal elite has resorted to such manipulation to remove Trump from power. Personally, given how Trump has been attacked for many years, I can believe it. If this is true, this is also an example of how the Russian RT is actually able to influence the results of the American elections, because if it is true, in my opinion it is a bit shocking.

Article

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/499816-positive-covid-virus-contagious/

By Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist and writer based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics

It has been revealed that the standard tests being used in the US to diagnose Covid-19 cases are far too sensitive, with the vast majority of people marked down as being positive actually turning out to be negative.

Top US virologists have been stunned by revelations about the laxity of the US Covid testing regimen. It turns out that tests that deliver a simple binary “positive or negative” result are not fit for purpose, as they tell us nothing about the contagiousness of each person.

Data from three US states – New York, Nevada and Massachusetts – shows that when the amount of the virus found in a person is taken into account, up to 90 percent of people who have tested positive should actually have been negative, as they are carrying only tiny amounts of the virus, are not contagious, pose no risk to others, and have no need to isolate.

This means that only a fraction of the daily “cases” being reported so hysterically in the mainstream media are actual, bona fide Covid-19 sufferers, and need treatment and to separate themselves from others.

It’s a sensitive issue

So how could this have happened? The answer has to do with the sensitivity of PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) tests for Covid, which it turns out can be ramped up according to the taste of the testing companies. Most testing companies have chosen the outrageously high sensitivity limit of 40 PCR cycles – meaning that the DNA in a sample is exponentially increased 40 times in order to amplify its signal.

But using such a ridiculously sensitive test means that the faintest traces of a dead virus, or even leftovers from previous infections, can result in a positive. Professor Juliet Morrison, a University of California virologist, said that even a limit of 35 PCR cycles is too high, let alone 40. She said she was “shocked that people would think that 40 could represent a positive.” But apparently, pretty much everyone in the US Covid brain trust took exactly that on faith.

So the scale of the pandemic ‘problem’ is actually much smaller than we’ve been led to believe – about a tenth of what all the politicians and media have been using to justify the lockdowns, the quarantines, the mass testing. Some may be shocked that the scale of the problem is so much smaller than assumed. But for a seasoned ignorer of any and all statistics that contain Covid ‘cases’, there are no surprises here. The truth is, there was never any reason to be confident in such figures. The FDA has only now been forced to concede that they have no idea how different testing companies determine which the positive and negative tests are: they just accept whatever data they are given.

What these findings bring is absolute assurance that the testing to this point has been an utter waste of time, and that not one statistic concerning this pandemic – from cases to deaths to infection rates – can be believed. But it should not have taken some journalist to ask the right question to discover this: a bit of common sense would have been enough. What is it going to take for these professional virologists to drop their assumptions and models, and just start acting based on the facts at hand?

Scrap test and trace

It’s a virus so deadly, you need a test to tell whether you have it or not. So goes the refrain of many lockdown skeptics, Covidiots and anti-maskers, of whom I am an indignant supporter. Something has gone… not just wrong, but totally haywire... when the might of the world’s scientific establishment is trained with the zeal of a Witchfinder General on one particular microscopic particle. Not even a particularly dangerous particle; the latest data show it is the eighth most common cause of death in England, and it doesn’t make the top ten in Wales.

Meanwhile, in Wuhan, the original source of this disease, the pool parties are in full swing. They don’t seem to be too worried about PCR tests or contact tracing, or even the virus itself. The Chinese government says that their supreme lockdown was so awesome that they now have zero Covid: a biological impossibility. Maybe they just stopped testing, and decided to get on with their lives. Everyone else should take a leaf out of their book.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 3
  • Great Response! 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I believe so, in my other post:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Shelby County man questions what is going on at the Shelby County Health Department

His mother died six months ago, but the health department just sent her a letter saying she is COVID-19 positive.

Troy Whittington said he was surprised when he opened the letter this week from the Shelby County Health Department. He knew what was in that letter was false.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/nation-world/shelby-county-woman-died-6-months-ago-letter-covid-19-positive/522-bcd8c6e1-5d75-4e07-af99-ed7babed909b?ocid=uxbndlbing&fbclid=IwAR1usNsBWZpCujZ1FBhBwmY-g4MzXGo0SShPPAztt05I6uKuJ_cLOWC_TiU

A mistake? People make mistakes everyday!

Talk to a friend who is nurse director. He told me a story:

A man from Florida came to his ward to test for covid19. After doing all the paper work, he couldn't wait  for the test so he went back to Florida. Few days later he received a test result that he was tested positive. That man were so pissed and made a complain.

So asking your trust able nurse or doctor administration around you  who deal with Covid19 patients and tests. They don't want to take the risk for whistle blower but may tell you stories alike which are oposite to their experts colleagues' saying on mainstream. 

Don't know why any of these stories cannot reach the national level. Instead reporters love to ask Biden not for his platform or plan or strategy but how does he feel about Trump:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-press-conference-shamefully-embarrassing-questions-reporters

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

5 hours ago, SUZNV said:

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/nation-world/shelby-county-woman-died-6-months-ago-letter-covid-19-positive/522-bcd8c6e1-5d75-4e07-af99-ed7babed909b?ocid=uxbndlbing&fbclid=IwAR1usNsBWZpCujZ1FBhBwmY-g4MzXGo0SShPPAztt05I6uKuJ_cLOWC_TiU

A man from Florida came to his ward to test for covid19. After doing all the paper work, he couldn't wait  for the test so he went back to Florida. Few days later he received a test result that he was tested positive. That man were so pissed and made a complain.

So asking your trust able nurse or doctor administration around you  who deal with Covid19 patients and tests. They don't want to take the risk for whistle blower but may tell you stories alike which are oposite to their experts colleagues' saying on mainstream. 

Don't know why any of these stories cannot reach the national level. Instead reporters love to ask Biden not for his platform or plan or strategy but how does he feel about Trump:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-press-conference-shamefully-embarrassing-questions-reporters

5 hours ago, Tomasz said:

I know the article is from the controversial RT. However, I would like to note that if this is true, it puts the results of the fight against the coronavirus in the US in a different light. At the same time, it is worth considering whether the American liberal elite has resorted to such manipulation to remove Trump from power. Personally, given how Trump has been attacked for many years, I can believe it. If this is true, this is also an example of how the Russian RT is actually able to influence the results of the American elections, because if it is true, in my opinion it is a bit shocking.

Article

By Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist and writer based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics

It has been revealed that the standard tests being used in the US to diagnose Covid-19 cases are far too sensitive, with the vast majority of people marked down as being positive actually turning out to be negative.

Top US virologists have been stunned by revelations about the laxity of the US Covid testing regimen. It turns out that tests that deliver a simple binary “positive or negative” result are not fit for purpose, as they tell us nothing about the contagiousness of each person.

Data from three US states – New York, Nevada and Massachusetts – shows that when the amount of the virus found in a person is taken into account, up to 90 percent of people who have tested positive should actually have been negative, as they are carrying only tiny amounts of the virus, are not contagious, pose no risk to others, and have no need to isolate.

This means that only a fraction of the daily “cases” being reported so hysterically in the mainstream media are actual, bona fide Covid-19 sufferers, and need treatment and to separate themselves from others.

It’s a sensitive issue

So how could this have happened? The answer has to do with the sensitivity of PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) tests for Covid, which it turns out can be ramped up according to the taste of the testing companies. Most testing companies have chosen the outrageously high sensitivity limit of 40 PCR cycles – meaning that the DNA in a sample is exponentially increased 40 times in order to amplify its signal.

But using such a ridiculously sensitive test means that the faintest traces of a dead virus, or even leftovers from previous infections, can result in a positive. Professor Juliet Morrison, a University of California virologist, said that even a limit of 35 PCR cycles is too high, let alone 40. She said she was “shocked that people would think that 40 could represent a positive.” But apparently, pretty much everyone in the US Covid brain trust took exactly that on faith.

So the scale of the pandemic ‘problem’ is actually much smaller than we’ve been led to believe – about a tenth of what all the politicians and media have been using to justify the lockdowns, the quarantines, the mass testing. Some may be shocked that the scale of the problem is so much smaller than assumed. But for a seasoned ignorer of any and all statistics that contain Covid ‘cases’, there are no surprises here. The truth is, there was never any reason to be confident in such figures. The FDA has only now been forced to concede that they have no idea how different testing companies determine which the positive and negative tests are: they just accept whatever data they are given.

What these findings bring is absolute assurance that the testing to this point has been an utter waste of time, and that not one statistic concerning this pandemic – from cases to deaths to infection rates – can be believed. But it should not have taken some journalist to ask the right question to discover this: a bit of common sense would have been enough. What is it going to take for these professional virologists to drop their assumptions and models, and just start acting based on the facts at hand?

Scrap test and trace

It’s a virus so deadly, you need a test to tell whether you have it or not. So goes the refrain of many lockdown skeptics, Covidiots and anti-maskers, of whom I am an indignant supporter. Something has gone… not just wrong, but totally haywire... when the might of the world’s scientific establishment is trained with the zeal of a Witchfinder General on one particular microscopic particle. Not even a particularly dangerous particle; the latest data show it is the eighth most common cause of death in England, and it doesn’t make the top ten in Wales.

Meanwhile, in Wuhan, the original source of this disease, the pool parties are in full swing. They don’t seem to be too worried about PCR tests or contact tracing, or even the virus itself. The Chinese government says that their supreme lockdown was so awesome that they now have zero Covid: a biological impossibility. Maybe they just stopped testing, and decided to get on with their lives. Everyone else should take a leaf out of their book.

Tell that to people who have lost loved ones and friends.  This virus is deadly to certain groups of people but not to others.  Old people and those who have comorbidities are vulnerable.

One of my ex-colleagues died from Covid19.  He was 50 years old, but he was obese.  I don't know whether he had diabetes or any other illnesses.  On the other hand, my niece, who is mid 20s, contracted the virus and recovered one day after feeling sick.

America is especially vulnerable because they are fat.  According to the CDC, 42.4% of Americans are obese and 10.5% have diabetes.  If the US stop taking this virus seriously, it is going to be an epic tragedy.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

I went to Vietnam in 1999, and didn't see a SINGLE fat person in HCM city and Hanoi.  The country had no LIFTS back then and to go for a meeting, we had to climb 8 flights of stairs up a government building.  So, understandably, Vietnam, with is population also quite young, has been safe from the Coronavirus.  I don't know what is the situation in Poland.  I have been to Warsaw, but I have not particularly noticed fat people like they have in America.  Tomasz, maybe you can explain.

Edited by Hotone
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

5 hours ago, Tomasz said:

I know the article is from the controversial RT. However, I would like to note that if this is true...

You can rest assured it's not true, it's wishful thinking, and look where it led the USA. All you do is help spreading dangerous misinformation that has been already refuted times and times again (you should realize it at the sentence "every stat about the disease is bogus" - that's a clear sign you are spreading garbage). This is exactly why countries like UK or USA have so many dead - because every pitchfork wielder thinks he is more "clever" than the actual experts in the field, and so that he is entitled to his own version of facts, reality, and that he is such a special, unique individual that God's won't allow anything happen to him. Remember all those idiotic COVID parties where people got infected and died trying to prove it's all a "harmless hoax". 

There are no "what ifs" in science, but properly formulated hypotheses, carefully conducted research, meticulously collected data and peer-reviewed conclusions, so let it to those having the know-how and resources, not some dental technician or plumber suddenly voicing his opinion because he became an expert overnight. You are not commenting on how to build a fusion reactor are you? So why are you suddenly an expert on epidemiology, along with some philosophers, surgeons, bankers, and whatnots? If Fauci tells you to stay home and wear a mask, all you need to know and do is to stay home and wear a mask - because if you don't, you will probably endanger other people's lives. The fact that someone does not have symptoms does not mean he is not spreading the virus - on the contrary, so called "super-spreaders" play important roles also in other disease epidemics. 

https://nypost.com/2020/09/04/fauci-warns-7-states-need-to-be-covid-19-cautious-over-labor-day-weekend/

Edited by Yoshiro Kamamura
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Hotone said:

Tell that to people who have lost loved ones and friends.  This virus is deadly to certain groups of people but not to others.  Old people and those who have comorbidities are vulnerable.

One of my ex-colleagues died from Covid19.  He was 50 years old, but he was obese.  I don't know whether he had diabetes or any other illnesses.  On the other hand, my niece, who is mid 20s, contracted the virus and recovered one day after feeling sick.

America is especially vulnerable because they are fat.  According to the CDC, 42.4% of Americans are obese and 10.5% have diabetes.  If the US stop taking this virus seriously, it is going to be an epic tragedy.

I went to Vietnam in 1999, and didn't see a SINGLE fat person in HCM city and Hanoi.  The country had no LIFTS back then and to go for a meeting, we had to climb 8 flights of stairs up a government building.  So, understandably, Vietnam, with is population also quite young, has been safe from the Coronavirus.  I don't know what is the situation in Poland.  I have been to Warsaw, but I have not particularly noticed fat people like they have in America.  Tomasz, maybe you can explain.

I don't get your point? I was telling a dead person were used and a fake result for cheating the system or for political gain, capitalized the whole country tragedy, including your lost friends. My conscious is clear.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Hotone said:

I agree Hotone.  This is a serious disease, especially for those who fall within different categories.

However, the primary impetus which leads to death for most people is a result of the mainstream media and censorship, along with Big-pharma influence.

There are scores of effective alternative medical applications for treating Covid.  I have seen video testimonies of many, many Covid patients and also read the Covid case histories of those who have been treated successfully by any number of alternative methods.  In addition, there are many ways where a person can guard themselves from Covid with alternative preventative therapies.

Anyone can search and discover effective alternative treatments that far, far surpass the conventional Covid treatments which people currently are getting.  In fairness, it is up to each individual to be well informed and to not trust the government, nor its agencies, nor the media.  It is one's responsibility that a person discover facts for themselves.  If they do NOT LOOK, then they are liable for their condition.

The murderers are those who censor and suppress information.

Here are two of many alternatives found at the Homeland Security website.  I have seen these work and have done them.

https://homelandsecurity.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ultraviolet-Light-Blood-Therapy-and-Ozone-Blood-Therapy-with-superb-treatment-successes-around-the-world-currently/554906-34944

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

On 9/6/2020 at 4:33 AM, Tomasz said:

Not to take anything away from your, and RT's, apparent revelation, but we've been citing data and logical explanations as to why this was true over two months ago.  Look back through the topics and the threads if you weren't around at that time.  And just the other day the CDC printed data that straight out stated that only 6% of deaths attributed to Covid 19 were more than likely to have been caused by other conditions. deaths where Covid-19 was the only cause.

Good to have everyone catch up though.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 4

Why have the schools been closed for so long?  300 total people 25 years old or younger have died to date.  Apply newly shared CDC data of 6% actual deaths due to covid and that number shrinks to 20!

@Tom Nolan weren't you the one that shared videos supporting all of this just the other day?  If it wasn't you, I'll have to go back a few days and find them.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Tomasz said:

Article

It’s a sensitive issue

Scrap test and trace

I have argued the same point for the duration of the pandemic. People on this forum have pushed the importance for widespread testing before it was even available, and we have continuously heard similar reports saying how worthless the results were. Our government scientists around the world have gone the same route. The same type of science as the global warming crowd, jumping to conclusions without adequate proof. 

I have said all along that testing is only useful for symptomatic people. If you have symptoms you have COVID 19 or something else like the flu. Sometimes both. You need quick results and quick treatment to stop it in its tracks! Once it takes hold old and infirm people will often die. Others will recover in most cases. It is only the old and infirm that should self isolate. The rest need to acquire herd immunity sooner or later. 

It took my wife two weeks to get results of her test! Useless at that point. Fortunately it was negative.

The Latest News and Info on COVID 19 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MXY8T0j7k0oUBsHW4BfjJM__DRIyzqrDf_FSlV4hHpw/edit

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SUZNV said:

Yes, journalism is dead around the world. It is mainly used to argue for socialist and internationalist ideology. Defeating Trump, Brexit, or whatever gets in their way is their main motivation. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Why have the schools been closed for so long?  300 total people 25 years old or younger have died to date.  Apply newly shared CDC data of 6% actual deaths due to covid and that number shrinks to 20!

@Tom Nolan weren't you the one that shared videos supporting all of this just the other day?  If it wasn't you, I'll have to go back a few days and find them.

That's already a refuted lie. Why do you lie so much? Did you see your doctor about it?

• Downvote 1

(edited)

15 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Yes, journalism is dead around the world. It is mainly used to argue for socialist and internationalist ideology. Defeating Trump, Brexit, or whatever gets in their way is their main motivation. 

Yes, every fact and scientific discovery is either marxist or socialist. Climate change is cryptocommunist. By the way, what does such conviction say about your sanity?

What if it's the other way around, that you and your group of fact deniers together with Trump are dead, because you have lost all connection with reality?

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I have said all along that testing is only useful for symptomatic people. If you have symptoms you have COVID 19 or something else like the flu. Sometimes both. You need quick results and quick treatment to stop it in its tracks! Once it takes hold old and infirm people will often die. Others will recover in most cases. It is only the old and infirm that should self isolate. The rest need to acquire herd immunity sooner or later. 

Absolutely right, @ronwagn.  As I said early on, you only need touch the doorknob or handle while exiting the clinic or hospital to render the tests invalid.  All the people promoting this whole stay at home society used the "we need testing" craze for was to justify keeping people locked up until they got it.  Then, they have used it to send people back home, or keep them there, to further the hysteria and fear.  

It has been illogical and outrageous for any thinking human being to not be able to figure out that a "2nd wave" of positive test results was going to "hit" after test kits were developed, manufactured, delivered and utilized.  Equally idiotic to ignore the fact that the death rates never did have their significant "2nd wave", and then we find out that the death rate was overstated by 94% and we can safely say the risk of death never warranted the continuation of the stay at home orders after the at risk groups were identified.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Journalism does seem to be a thing of the past, certainly in the U.S.  The only thing we are left with are opinion pieces and gotcha moments.  As the old butt still relevant saying goes: opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tom Nolan said:

There are scores of effective alternative medical applications for treating Covid.  I have seen video testimonies of many, many Covid patients and also read the Covid case histories of those who have been treated successfully by any number of alternative methods.  In addition, there are many ways where a person can guard themselves from Covid with alternative preventative therapies.

No, there are not "scores of effective treatments to Covid". That's what people like you do not get about science - heresay, rumors and twitter noise do not count. To prove a treatment as effective and safe, you must conduct several double blind studies. That's why according to science, homeopathy, magic, prayers, acupuncture and other snake oil methods do not work. Because when it comes to laboratory testing, they all fail. That's why Hydrochloroquine failed, even though you parroted it as long as your delusional president. 

The only "treatment" still viable today is to try to keep the patient alive until his immune system beats the virus. Sometimes, however, the immune system beats the patient. That's why it's so dangerous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

4 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Absolutely right, @ronwagn.  As I said early on, you only need touch the doorknob or handle while exiting the clinic or hospital to render the tests invalid.  All the people promoting this whole stay at home society used the "we need testing" craze for was to justify keeping people locked up until they got it.  Then, they have used it to send people back home, or keep them there, to further the hysteria and fear.  

It has been illogical and outrageous for any thinking human being to not be able to figure out that a "2nd wave" of positive test results was going to "hit" after test kits were developed, manufactured, delivered and utilized.  Equally idiotic to ignore the fact that the death rates never did have their significant "2nd wave", and then we find out that the death rate was overstated by 94% and we can safely say the risk of death never warranted the continuation of the stay at home orders after the at risk groups were identified.

The only idiotic person here is you and everyone who keeps parroting the lie about death rate being 94% overstated. It's a lie, okay? By repeating, you are becoming a liar. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

That's already a refuted lie. Why do you lie so much? Did you see your doctor about it?

I don't know why I'm seeing your comments since I blocked you long ago, but this one and a couple of others did get through.  Oh well.

By who and using what data?  Show me your "proof".  The CDC quote of 6% is clear and Fausi has been shown to be a snake oil salesman.  Oh, that's right, it is Fausi that refuted it isn't it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

The only idiotic person here is you and everyone who keeps parroting the lie about death rate being 94% overstated. It's a lie, okay? By repeating, you are becoming a liar. 

I quote facts from the CDC; you tell me that I'm parroting a lie.  You are still worth blocking because you, as with most if not all of the fearmongering Left, simply turn an argument on its head and throw it back at people.  I know you are, but what am I?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

I quote facts from the CDC; you tell me that I'm parroting a lie.  You are still worth blocking because you, as with most if not all of the fearmongering Left, simply turn an argument on its head and throw it back at people.  I know you are, but what am I?

No, you quote a lying tweet of your misguided president. CDC never stated such nonsense. Here is the proof and refutation of your lie, please read it, acknowledge it, and lie no more. Thank you for all the people that could be endangered by your lies. The fact that you decided to pull your head into the sand means nothing to me - it's normal for you Trumpists. At one point, you will have to pull your head out. I will call all your lies, you can be sure of that. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/anthony-fauci-covid-19-death-toll_n_5f4f9f9fc5b6fea8746332cc?utm_hp_ref=au-us-politics&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGA3nuVOacsnb17oOa2xt3E3cDoFsuu_rW6qae_lpoox5QLP96p42Qck5387mw03BPceDV80tUlDXBfMQRgGWirFapH70iYBEQVI8HVijbOACUmH5ioWoV0Qpxx74UtS7MgmEbb2Dxmk_B6AFvHO7M5K8ZBd5TfcjvOLHGwDDbUC

I will quote it for you directly like for a small child, because you seem to have difficulty working with longer texts:

“The point that the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] was trying to make was that a certain percentage of them had nothing else, just COVID,” Fauci said Tuesday. “That does not mean that someone who has hypertension, diabetes who dies of COVID didn’t die of COVID-19, but they did. So the numbers you’ve been hearing, the 180,000 plus, are real deaths from COVID-19.”

“Let there not be any confusion about that,” he added. “It’s not 9,000 deaths from COVID-19. It’s 180,000-plus deaths.”

• Downvote 1

I can see the indicator showing that you have commented, Yoshi-san, but the block is working again meaning your comments once again no longer stain my screen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't care about your block, I am just calling out each and every one of your lies. By the way, why do you contribute to public discussions when you don't want to know the reactions to your opinions? Are you so afraid your "truths" will fall apart at the weakest attempt of fact-checking? That must be the case, because a person who double-checks the logic behind his statements and verify his facts from multiple sources could have little to fear from an informed and civilized counter-arguments, don't you think?

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Tom Nolan said:

Diseases that often self-resolve breed quack cures.  "I took Oil of Newt and recovered!" 

They would have recovered without the newt oil, coincidental timing.

https://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Skinner/Pigeon/

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

Diseases that often self-resolve breed quack cures.  "I took Oil of Newt and recovered!" 

They would have recovered without the newt oil, coincidental timing.

https://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Skinner/Pigeon/

I've just read "the doctors guide to vitamins and minerals 1994" ... it's more a systematic description of vitamins and the dietary interactions with them and the diseases caused or helped via them. The book shows a fundamental flaw in vitamin intake. The reason is the DV is to prevent disease not for optimal health.  Additionally deep fried food, foods with processed seed oil , sugar, caffeine, stress, smoking and alcohol require much more than the regular minimum DV. The best cure on the market is proper nutrition and understanding how minerals for example peels from citrus work with the vitamins inside to help absorption. So by keeping smoking ,drinking and fast food open during the most stressful news blasting it's really self sabotage. But this is from a closed minded anti lockdown anti masker lol. To be clear theres more factors such as elderly population, population density,  economic area (rich vs poor area, and others that my distracted brain cant think of. But ya if the government cared they'd send out n95s , close stores that sabotage health, teach health measures in eating ect. It's all a massive failure.  Of some parts of government trying to show they care and keep votes vs others manipulating a narrative to buy votes and or cover up a major failure.  And also if it's a deadly disease wheres the going after the source to be made whole and if it's not serious why is it not over and done with. My very distracted thoughts on it. Probably much of a repeat from other posts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Rob Kramer said:

The book shows a fundamental flaw in vitamin intake. The reason is the DV is to prevent disease not for optimal health.  Additionally deep fried food, foods with processed seed oil , sugar, caffeine, stress, smoking and alcohol require much more than the regular minimum DV. The best cure on the market is proper nutrition

I do take some vitamins as I have increased needs for certain vitamins.

Linus Pauling was a brilliant chemist and advocated for large doses of certain vitamins. Some of his ideas have failed modern scrutiny but the guy lived to 93, has two Nobel prizes... I will at least listen.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1