Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay McKinsey

How to Virtue Signal in an EV

Of course, to actually get maximum acceleration instead of just showing off, you need AWD and highly responsive computerized torque control. While the Cobra "dragster" is busy doing a wheelie, the Model 3 (or whatever) is already moving rapidly away from it down the track.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Of course, to actually get maximum acceleration instead of just showing off, you need AWD and highly responsive computerized torque control. While the Cobra "dragster" is busy doing a wheelie, the Model 3 (or whatever) is already moving rapidly away from it down the track.

Sure, but the 3 tops out at 120 while this Mustang goes by at 180. AWD gets very cumbersome at very high speeds. Audi has it figured out with their R10 racers but not many others that I've seen. Dragsters will probably stay rear wheel for awhile yet. Remember, the crowds like the wheelies. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Sure, but the 3 tops out at 120 while this Mustang goes by at 180. AWD gets very cumbersome at very high speeds. Audi has it figured out with their R10 racers but not many others that I've seen. Dragsters will probably stay rear wheel for awhile yet. Remember, the crowds like the wheelies. 

Sure, the 3 has a low max speed, but it still wins a 1/4 mile. To win an actual race, use a Tesla Roadster (2020) or maybe even just a Model S. AWD is not cumbersome at all when you are using electric motors. I was walking in my neighborhood (2 miles from the Tesla factory) and saw that Roadster in a neighbor's driveway. Strange, since I did not know they existed yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster_(2020)

Of course, if Elon ever adds the thrusters (air at 10,000 psi) as he threatens to, it's gonna be a new ballgame.

Sure, crowds like wheelies. They also like fiery crashes, which are a bit harder to do with an EV, but still possible.

• Rolling Eye 1

13 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Sure, the 3 has a low max speed, but it still wins a 1/4 mile. To win an actual race, use a Tesla Roadster (2020) or maybe even just a Model S. AWD is not cumbersome at all when you are using electric motors. I was walking in my neighborhood (2 miles from the Tesla factory) and saw that Roadster in a neighbor's driveway. Strange, since I did not know they existed yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster_(2020)

Of course, if Elon ever adds the thrusters (air at 10,000 psi) as he threatens to, it's gonna be a new ballgame.

Sure, crowds like wheelies. They also like fiery crashes, which are a bit harder to do with an EV, but still possible.

Doesn't even need to be a fiery crash, they could just spontaneously explode 🤣

7A8B5A46-96BE-4DF6-8DF8-08087871D18C.png

• Haha 2

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Doesn't even need to be a fiery crash, they could just spontaneously explode 🤣

🙂 Yeah, the TSLAQ crowd likes to showcase every EV fire. Statistically, EVs catch fire much less frequently than ICE cars. Scary as hell because most fire departments don't really know how to deal with an EV fire, but the fire mostly stays in the chassis instead of speading to fuel on the ground.

Edited by Dan Clemmensen
sp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1