Jay McKinsey

Trump's Drilling Ban Bombshell Rocks Oil Industry

Can someone explain this for me? I am repeatedly told here that oil is a clean source of energy and it is in the interest of national security to promote it at all costs. But that doesn't seem to fit with banning drilling where it can hurt red state tourism.

U.S. President Donald Trump shocked the oil industry today with a surprise announcement that he would extend the existing moratorium on oil drilling on parts of Florida’s, South Carolina’s, and Georgia’s coast, according to Politico.

The announcement was a complete surprise, according to Politico, even to congressional aides, lobbyists, and industry officials who have been working on this very issue.

The announcement is a complete shift from the White House’s previous stance, which sought to open up those areas to oil drilling, although most had expected the President to wait until after the election.

President Trump had declared his intention to open up those areas to drilling years ago, but Florida’s Governor Rick Scott at the time—a Republican—was a staunch opponent of the plan, citing his state’s strong tourism industry.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Trumps-Drilling-Ban-Bombshell-Rocks-Oil-Industry.html

Well for one thing the US is net energy independent without new areas. 2, we allow millions of barrels of oil to be imported and refined only to be rexported as finished petroleum products. 3, because of the virus demand is down and prices are low/stable. 
You want more US demand? Cut off that Canadian oil to the tune of 3 mbpd that US air doesn’t need. Trump isn’t smart enough to clean our air and improve lung health.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Boat said:

Trump isn’t smart enough to clean our air and improve lung health.

I think you underestimate him. He has already explained how we can clean our lungs with disinfectant. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 3

With Anwar opening along with the green river formation there is no need for offshore oil of any kind.

Aside from that LNG will come to be a dominate energy platform along with a hodge podge of green sprouting up. California's success as a working model will be paramount to any scaled up implementations.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

On 9/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Can someone explain this for me? 

I can explain

Politics: 2016 election cycle 53% of Floridians were for offshore drilling . . . 47% against.

I imagine the against side has grown a good bit.  Probably like 65% AGAINST  vs  35% FAVOR.

Plus fracking + Western gulf + Alaska + Canada provides more oil than needed at this time.  

I doubt the oil industry is shocked as some portend.

Edited by BLA
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 5

(edited)

On 9/8/2020 at 7:59 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

I think you underestimate him. He has already explained how we can clean our lungs with disinfectant. 

U.S. air quality today is the best it's been in over 44 years. Except in California due to out of control fires due to poor forest management. 

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, BLA said:

U.S. air quality today is the best it's been in over 44 years.

Praise covid.

Seriously, covid shutdowns greatly decreased pollution (reduced travel and industrial activity).

Bunches of potential campaign donors live in beachside condos in FL, GA, and SC. Trump's campaign probably discovered those people aren't oily gasbags.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BLA said:
6 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

U.S. air quality today is the best it's been in over 44 years. Except in California due to out of control fires.

That's below you, Jay.  It is a far reach to take the comments of the President saying disinfectant can kill the virus to you and the Left saying the president said it should be injected into humans.  You're better than this, Jay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BLA said:
6 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Can someone explain this for me? 

I can explain

Politics: 2016 election cycle 53% of Floridians were for offshore drilling . . . 47% against.

I imagine the against side has grown a good bit. 

Plus fracking.  Western gulf , Alaska, Canada provides more oil than needed St this time.  

I doubt the oil industry is shocked as some portend.

Yes, Florida has other environmental issues they've been dealing with for some time.  The people there want to solve those problems and, at least in an election cycle, the President wants to signal he does too, and will not add potential oil spills to their combined angst.

And, as has been pointed out, he has NOTHING to lose by continuing a moratorium on new offshore drilling; the oil is simply not needed at this time and, perhaps more relevantly, the oil companies have no plans or desires to start new drilling at this time.

Altogether now:  DUH!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If we're going to discuss the off shore drilling moratorium and the Trump Administration's environmental actions and record regarding Florida and its coastlines, and lakes, please watch all of the video.  If you can prove Trump wrong, please do so.

8 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Can someone explain this for me? I am repeatedly told here that oil is a clean source of energy and it is in the interest of national security to promote it at all costs. But that doesn't seem to fit with banning drilling where it can hurt red state tourism.

U.S. President Donald Trump shocked the oil industry today with a surprise announcement that he would extend the existing moratorium on oil drilling on parts of Florida’s, South Carolina’s, and Georgia’s coast, according to Politico.

The announcement was a complete surprise, according to Politico, even to congressional aides, lobbyists, and industry officials who have been working on this very issue.

The announcement is a complete shift from the White House’s previous stance, which sought to open up those areas to oil drilling, although most had expected the President to wait until after the election.

President Trump had declared his intention to open up those areas to drilling years ago, but Florida’s Governor Rick Scott at the time—a Republican—was a staunch opponent of the plan, citing his state’s strong tourism industry.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Trumps-Drilling-Ban-Bombshell-Rocks-Oil-Industry.html

Perhaps finger on the pulse of the general population and doesn't want to jeopardise that. All 3 states strong Trump supporting states 

A friend of mine from the Oil Industry and fairly high up in Republican party circles said behind the scenes Trump is fairly passive about wind and solar which is why their hasn't actually been much effort to curtail development. The whole bird mincing machines / they give you cancer / fry the birds lines are just playing a tune to the rolling coal inbreds

(edited)

14 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

That's below you, Jay.  It is a far reach to take the comments of the President saying disinfectant can kill the virus to you and the Left saying the president said it should be injected into humans.  You're better than this, Jay.

Other than he clearly said injection? This is not Left media, it is a recording of trump.

Edited by Enthalpic

Dan is right again.  Enthalpic is intentionally wrong again.  

President Donald Trump    "I see the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute and is there a way we can do something like that, like, an injection inside, almost a cleaning?  Sounds interesting to me.

He was looking at and speaking to the experts to his right at the press conference when he asked that question.  

You're just an a$$hole.  You posted it.  You clearly listened to the President say "injection" but you had to lie about what he said.  You're an embarrassment.

• Great Response! 6
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Bob D said:

Dan is right again.  Enthalpic is intentionally wrong again.  

President Donald Trump    "I see the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute and is there a way we can do something like that, like, an injection inside, almost a cleaning?  Sounds interesting to me.

He was looking at and speaking to the experts to his right at the press conference when he asked that question.  

You're just an a$$hole.  You posted it.  You clearly listened to the President say "injection" but you had to lie about what he said.  You're an embarrassment.

I made no lie, I posted a video of what he said.  Trump was clearly suggesting injecting disinfectant.   Defend idiocy all you want.

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

Other than he clearly said injection? This is not Left media, it is a recording of trump.

I suspect by disinfectant he meant anti viral drug

1 hour ago, Bob D said:

Dan is right again.  Enthaldick is intentionally wrong again.  

I didn't say it was below Enthrallpic, or that he was better than that.  I know better.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NickW said:

You guys will never be able to explain it to Enthralpic, because you cannot explain away his prejudice.  Obviously, he has never been in a crisis situation and brainstorming with others.  That of course, by definition, requires a functioning brain.

39 minutes ago, NickW said:

But that is not what he said.

(edited)

29 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

You guys will never be able to explain it to Enthralpic, because you cannot explain away his prejudice.  Obviously, he has never been in a crisis situation and brainstorming with others.  That of course, by definition, requires a functioning brain.

More alternative reality. You guys are the best.

The trump cult is the most biased. 

artist-show-performance-005-512.png

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Do these type of portmanteaus make you guys feel clever?

Simple things for simple minds. Carry on.   One upvote for the person who can come up with the best one.

I'm a little biased but,

A buck twenty eight, is still the best.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Richard Snyder said:

I'm a little biased but,

A buck twenty eight, is still the best.

That is my favourite by far because it demonstrates that some people might hold the delusion that I get $1.28 per post (I wish).

Unfortunately, it is not a portmanteau.

On 9/8/2020 at 5:35 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

He didnt ban it in the heart of the GoM, where the big barrels are... FL and other areas are not so hot in the offshore drilling and potential large recoverable reserves.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

12 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

But that is not what he said.

What I heard was a medical layman asking the Docs questions. 

We know disinfectants work on the outside on the virus as does UV light. Is there something similar that works inside the body. Can you look into this. I don't know I'm not a Doctor. Can you look into this. 

Anyone taking this as an instruction to inject Chlorox into their veins is probably doing the world a favour by removing their genes from the gene pool

One of the possible appeals of Trump is he doesn't appear to work to prompt cards like 'errrrrrrrrrrrrrr Obama' when the visual /audio autocue  has gone down and is no longer being feed his speech by his handlers. For all his faults this tends to suggest Trump is his own man and not a sock puppet. 

Edited by NickW
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 4