Jay McKinsey

Trump's Drilling Ban Bombshell Rocks Oil Industry

On 9/9/2020 at 1:25 AM, Dan Warnick said:

That's below you, Jay.  It is a far reach to take the comments of the President saying disinfectant can kill the virus to you and the Left saying the president said it should be injected into humans.  You're better than this, Jay.

Obviously not, but I will give him a chance to agree with you. 

• Haha 5

On 9/9/2020 at 1:30 AM, Dan Warnick said:

Yes, Florida has other environmental issues they've been dealing with for some time.  The people there want to solve those problems and, at least in an election cycle, the President wants to signal he does too, and will not add potential oil spills to their combined angst.

And, as has been pointed out, he has NOTHING to lose by continuing a moratorium on new offshore drilling; the oil is simply not needed at this time and, perhaps more relevantly, the oil companies have no plans or desires to start new drilling at this time.

Altogether now:  DUH!

I just started a near clone of this topic before I noticed this one. Unintentional, but all are welcome to start afresh.

• Like 1

(edited)

12 hours ago, NickW said:

What I heard was a medical layman asking the Docs questions. 

We know disinfectants work on the outside on the virus as does UV light. Is there something similar that works inside the body. Can you look into this. I don't know I'm not a Doctor. Can you look into this. 

Yes, it was clear he was rattling off dumb ideas facing actual doctors. He should not be spouting that stuff in public.

He did use the word injection, why not quote that part?

Trump people are stupid, they will listen to bad ideas.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

6 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Yes, it was clear he was rattling off dumb ideas) facing actual doctors. He should not be souting that stuff in public.

With the term could they.

• Like 1

That's below you, Jay.  It is a far reach to take the comments of the President saying disinfectant can kill the virus to you and the Left saying the president said it should be injected into humans.  You're better than this, Jay.

Let’s just grow thicker skins and lay it on thick. Biden will give you plenty of chances to claim idiot like Trump does every day.

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, BLA said:

U.S. air quality today is the best it's been in over 44 years. Except in California due to out of control fires.

I know an hr north of Houston you can’t see stars at night. Yet the right, Trump and foreign countries love to refine that foreign oil in foreign refineries. The solution? We need more pipelines from Canada. Anybody else sense corruption?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

16 hours ago, NickW said:

What I heard was a medical layman asking the Docs questions. 

We know disinfectants work on the outside on the virus as does UV light. Is there something similar that works inside the body. Can you look into this. I don't know I'm not a Doctor. Can you look into this. 

Anyone taking this as an instruction to inject Chlorox into their veins is probably doing the world a favour by removing their genes from the gene pool

One of the possible appeals of Trump is he doesn't appear to work to prompt cards like 'errrrrrrrrrrrrrr Obama' when the visual /audio autocue  has gone down and is no longer being feed his speech by his handlers. For all his faults this tends to suggest Trump is his own man and not a sock puppet. 

You guys are delusional. Here is what he said:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute.  One minute.  And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.  Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.  So it would be interesting to check that." https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-31/

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You guys are delusional. Here is what he said:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute.  One minute.  And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.  Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungsSo it would be interesting to check that." https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-31/

The key bit is underlined. He was asking the Docs a question. Maybe a dumb question in a public arena but it was a question not an instruction to Joe Sixpack to inject Chlorox. 

Why worry if you are a hardcore DNC voter and a few Republicans are Darwin Award candidates. Less votes for DT on the 3rd November. 

As a non national, in 2016 I was relieved DT won despite  his faults because Hildebeast was proposing to really hot up the Syrian civil war by imposing a no fly zone over Syria and going head to head with the Russians (WW3 Territory). On foreign policy DT hasn't started / provoked any new wars like Saint Obama did. DT  has had some success cranking down the tension in several hotspots around the world. 

His domestic policies maybe a disaster, thats for Americans to Judge but on foreign policy he has a reasonably good record to date. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NickW said:

His domestic policies maybe a disaster, thats for Americans to Judge but on foreign policy he has a reasonably good record to date. 

I agree re domestic policies, but disagree on foreign. By failing to unite the West Trump has helped China. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I agree re domestic policies, but disagree on foreign. By failing to unite the West Trump has helped China. 

Oh Bullshit.  The West didn't know about China until Trump, and then they laughed him off and didn't want to unite.  The offers were made and nobody took up the cause.  

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

6 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

While I respect your opinion,my opinion differs greatly. A note here the EU will not unite with Trump, the price they would have to pay would be unthinkable.

Much of the world leadership hopes the Trump phenomenon goes away, if his agenda is fulfilled and trade balances are corrected much of the EU/China's infrastructure would falter. 

Oddly enough Germany one of the richest country's is now on the verge of making some very hard decisions. Merkel has led her country towards a very bad spot.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 5

“So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

🙄 nah Donald’s actually talking about studying injecting disenfectant here. 

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

On 9/8/2020 at 4:01 PM, BLA said:

U.S. air quality today is the best it's been in over 44 years. Except in California due to out of control fires.

I was a kid in California for part of the 70's and early 80's, I don't know if air quality 44 years ago is a good metric. SoCal air was so bad back then on clear days you could only see a bit of light blue sky if you looked directly up, everything else was brown. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, NickW said:

Less is better, I hope Trump being president has ended activist US foreign policy.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Spuds McKenzie said:

“So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

This is just a medical layman thinking aloud. I prefer this to the scripted speeches by Saint Obama

Trump is basically saying gee UV and disinfectants work really well in the external environment to kill the virus. Is there something that can work like this on the inside?

Now I know it can't, particularly as the Virus is intracellular however Trump is neither a Doctor or has a scientific background so can be forgiven for having a simplistic view and asking the questions. He does specifically state - I'm not a Doctor which is an acknowledgement he is well outside his area of knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Trump has alerted most of the world to the dangers of China. Meanwhile Biden has said China is no threat. You probably agree with Biden on that. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/10/2020 at 3:16 PM, Enthalpic said:

Yes, it was clear he was rattling off dumb ideas facing actual doctors. He should not be spouting that stuff in public.

Actually, UV light does naturally work inside of the body. The skin is the largest organ in the human body. When one is exposed to sunlight the UV light creates Vitamin D naturally and also affects the peripheral blood vessels with full spectrum light waves. The same waves that cause plants to grow. Of course blood cells travel throughout the body and affect all areas of the body by nourishing them and fighting off harmful organisms. Light is very important to animals including humans. The pineal gland detects light and affects mood and alertness. Light panels are used in psychiatry to treat depression. I keep lots of lights on in the wintertime when the days are short. Light is natures great sanitizer also. You can sanitize many things with just plain sunlight, especially after washing. 

It is too bad that none of the physicians seemed educated about sunlight and light therapy. Not surprising though. Most doctors are not highly educated outside of their specialty. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

14 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

No need to unite the west. They will become subservient and cowtow to obvious choices. China has many many bad choices in many areas that most in the world will react negatively to.

To the aghast and amazement of Trump supporters this is the next installment of “A new world order”. 

You cannot have different rules for different countries if you want trade to work. You also need a court system to mitigate differences much more quickly. Consequences and enforcement have to be immediate.

This is still early stages by kicking China out of the loop. Trump power so to speak. Someday these decisions will have to go international. 

Edited by Boat
  • Rolling Eye 3

12 hours ago, Spuds McKenzie said:

Thank you for clearing that up!  So, no, he did not say we should inject disinfectant into humans.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

With Anwar opening along with the green river formation there is no need for offshore oil of any kind.

Aside from that LNG will come to be a dominate energy platform along with a hodge podge of green sprouting up. California's success as a working model will be paramount to any scaled up implementations.

CA is a working model success for green? Hahaha... best joke of the year!!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

We are In agreement,it is my opinion California has invested billions into green power generation and storage whlie at the same time ignoring ignoring the power line infrastructure that has set many of the fires across the state.

Hence gas becoming thee dominate energy source.

17 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

Imagine if they had a Democrat administration.

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2020 at 8:15 PM, Boat said:

No need to unite the west. They will become subservient and cowtow to obvious choices. China has many many bad choices in many areas that most in the world will react negatively to.

To the aghast and amazement of Trump supporters this is the next installment of “A new world order”. 

You cannot have different rules for different countries if you want trade to work. You also need a court system to mitigate differences much more quickly. Consequences and enforcement have to be immediate.

This is still early stages by kicking China out of the loop. Trump power so to speak. Someday these decisions will have to go international. 

WHY would it have to go international? Nations can negotiate. The United Nations is making some terrible decisions. 

See my topic on Globalism https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8kNhtZJLuN66TpDuo67WBV1U2JhhZIvAefxeMNK0ls/edit

(edited)

20 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

WHY would it have to go international? Nations can negotiate. The United Nations is making some terrible decisions. 

See my topic on Globalism https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8kNhtZJLuN66TpDuo67WBV1U2JhhZIvAefxeMNK0ls/edit

Nobody pays any attention to UN.

Real Q: WHY does any nation send $$$ to the UN to fund it?  Ego can be the only reason where they pretend this gives them prestige...

As for the Drilling, it is not a ban, simply no one purchased the rights to try drilling.  Why would they?  Tons of oil currently and if I am not wrong: there has been zero drilling in those sectors, let alone on land to give someone hope, so it would be 100% wildcatting and if you are going to be wildcatting, why would you choose off Floridas coast?  Sure would think one would start near the shoreline first which would NOT involve the expensive federal government hulabaloo. 

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Real Q: WHY does any nation send $$$ to the UN to fund it?  Ego can be the only reason where they pretend this gives them prestige...

Like the insistence the headquarters is in the USA?

• Rolling Eye 2