London is considering introducing car-free days in an attempt to tackle the city’s air pollution crisis that experts say is responsible for thousands of early deaths each year. The source said officials are mulling “more ambitious plans” to roll out car-free days across the entire capital in 2019.

Tel Aviv, Reykjavík, Jakarta and Bath, also held car-free days for years. Environment saved as much as one tank of Silverado

Meanwhile, we cancelled funding for NASA's CO2 monitoring despite the rapid increases in CO2 that have been observed recently.

1 minute ago, Meanwhile said:

Meanwhile, we cancelled funding for NASA's CO2 monitoring despite the rapid increases in CO2 that have been observed recently.

we fight air pollution by lowering auto and factory emission standards

This seems like a bit of government overreach to me. Nothing in essence will change 

13 minutes ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

London is considering introducing car-free days in an attempt to tackle the city’s air pollution crisis that experts say is responsible for thousands of early deaths each year. The source said officials are mulling “more ambitious plans” to roll out car-free days across the entire capital in 2019.

Anyone who has ever been to a major cosmopolitan city will agree. Someone who never left his small town in Kansas wouldn't understand this

• Like 1

Just now, 李伟王芳 said:

Anyone who has ever been to a major cosmopolitan city will agree. Someone who never left his small town in Kansas wouldn't understand this

I agree. But, why Kansas?

Just now, Cokiga Damke said:

I agree. But, why Kansas?

any small town

This wouldn't fly in America. It should, but we are to spoiled here.

2 minutes ago, Hajga Loma DK said:

This wouldn't fly in America. It should, but we are to spoiled here.

No, it shouldn't [fly here]. It's weird. This is kind of like regulating the Big Gulp. It's a free country and I can drive my car if I want to, on the very streets that my tax dollars pave. It's interesting, this focus on the "ban" of certain items or activities, instead of focusing on a viable alternative. You want people to stop polluting the earth with vehicles? Then get them something better. 

It works in cities where there is public transportation, and it makes sense. It's not about a 'ban' for the sake of a ban. For instance, in Prague there is a one-day 'ban' on cars, too because it's in a valley and the smog gets trapped and it's pretty bad. 

In Mexico City - depending on your license plate # - are the days that one is able to drive. Depending on your Plate number or sticker color - is the day you are banned from driving or risk getting a hefty fine. 

Weekday Plate's last digit Sticker color
Monday 5 or 6 yellow
Tuesday 7 or 8 pink
Wednesday 3 or 4 red
Thursday 1 or 2 green
Friday 9 or 0 and those with letters only or temporary plates blue

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

I assume this is ICE car free days? If I had bought an electric car and then was banned from driving for environmental reasons I would be furious

22 hours ago, CMOP said:

In Mexico City - depending on your license plate # - are the days that one is able to drive. Depending on your Plate number or sticker color - is the day you are banned from driving or risk getting a hefty fine. 

Weekday Plate's last digit Sticker color
Monday 5 or 6 yellow
Tuesday 7 or 8 pink
Wednesday 3 or 4 red
Thursday 1 or 2 green
Friday 9 or 0 and those with letters only or temporary plates blue

Eastern Europe has similar rules with even and odd numbers on plate

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

Eastern Europe has similar rules with even and odd numbers on plate

Interesting I did not know this.