Ward Smith

Kalifornistan, CO2, clueless politicians, climate hustle

I'm glad Mr. McKinsey came on this forum as I've learned some things from him. What I don't really understand is why he came on. He is obviously the most blatant cheerleader for green energy imaginable, owning none of the many woes that plague Ca and threaten to make this new experiment a total exercise in disaster. 

Say he just wants to educate a bunch of rednecks, really cares about us, wants to warn us away from fossil fuels, well, good for him, but I rather suspect it goes deeper than that. In fact, it has the smell of propaganda to me. But why? Surely not to drive up the share price of TSLA. It's doing fine on its own. And I doubt it's state pride. Mr. Musk has very little of that. Soon, in fact, I'll bet his entire organization in deep in the heart of Texas. 

What about it, Mr. McKinsey? Are you here to help us? Or to blow smoke up our backsides? 

Look, maybe you just want to chat about it. Got lonely. Needed an ear. I get it, you've helped promote a dream of electric cars, big solar and wind farms, and the farms feed into a big lithium ion storage battery, and the grid is connected to a couple million electric cars, and when peak demand hits hard, why you just keep upping the bid for electricity until all those people in LA and SF and San Jose and Palo Alto go running out of their offices and plug in and reverse thrust on their stored electricity--the very electricity that was going to see them home, by the way--but a bunch of people who could afford hundred-thousand cars dash out to save some poor soul sweating in front of the AC. And by golly, you have to applaud that sort of spirit. 

Unfortunately, it won't work that way. 

Bottom line, and you can tell this to your pal the gov, is that if you persist in this nonsense with absolutely no NG power plant to feed in grid inertia and serve as a peaker plant, this is going to be the greatest tragedy propagated on a state held captive since, well, New York City when the coronavirus hit. You helped us. We'll help you. Don't do this. Sure, build the solar and wind and of course, feed them into the battery, but for pete's sake, use a backup NG power plant. You won't have to use it much (certainly not enough to change the price of NG) and it'll save you maybe a whole bunch of heartache out there. 

See? Aren't you glad you joined the Non-Communist Coffee Club? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I'm glad Mr. McKinsey came on this forum as I've learned some things from him. What I don't really understand is why he came on. He is obviously the most blatant cheerleader for green energy imaginable, owning none of the many woes that plague Ca and threaten to make this new experiment a total exercise in disaster. 

Say he just wants to educate a bunch of rednecks, really cares about us, wants to warn us away from fossil fuels, well, good for him, but I rather suspect it goes deeper than that. In fact, it has the smell of propaganda to me. But why? Surely not to drive up the share price of TSLA. It's doing fine on its own. And I doubt it's state pride. Mr. Musk has very little of that. Soon, in fact, I'll bet his entire organization in deep in the heart of Texas. 

What about it, Mr. McKinsey? Are you here to help us? Or to blow smoke up our backsides? 

Look, maybe you just want to chat about it. Got lonely. Needed an ear. I get it, you've helped promote a dream of electric cars, big solar and wind farms, and the farms feed into a big lithium ion storage battery, and the grid is connected to a couple million electric cars, and when peak demand hits hard, why you just keep upping the bid for electricity until all those people in LA and SF and San Jose and Palo Alto go running out of their offices and plug in and reverse thrust on their stored electricity--the very electricity that was going to see them home, by the way--but a bunch of people who could afford hundred-thousand cars dash out to save some poor soul sweating in front of the AC. And by golly, you have to applaud that sort of spirit. 

Unfortunately, it won't work that way. 

Bottom line, and you can tell this to your pal the gov, is that if you persist in this nonsense with absolutely no NG power plant to feed in grid inertia and serve as a peaker plant, this is going to be the greatest tragedy propagated on a state held captive since, well, New York City when the coronavirus hit. You helped us. We'll help you. Don't do this. Sure, build the solar and wind and of course, feed them into the battery, but for pete's sake, use a backup NG power plant. You won't have to use it much (certainly not enough to change the price of NG) and it'll save you maybe a whole bunch of heartache out there. 

See? Aren't you glad you joined the Non-Communist Coffee Club? 

Mr Madddoux..Let us never forget a salesman mantra is and always will be "Get One Foot In The Door"....from there it is all downhill..well kinda.

• Haha 3

(edited)

21 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Warranties are ~10 years, 100,000+ Km. 

People with actual money, not pretend, don't drive old hand me down crap like you do. 

Carry on telling us how rich you are while driving the crappy used EV from your brother, and how you can't even live in your moms basement because she lives in a dilapidated senior home you can barely afford. 

I missed that post, what a jewel you truly are. A note here people of wealth do as they plz, autos have are merely trival nusance, unless of course one chooses to indulge in memory lane

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I missed that post, what a jewel you truly are. A note here people of wealth do as they plz, autos have are merely trival nusance, unless of course one chooses to indulge in memory lane

Yes, people of wealth do as they please; Ward is not one of us.

My mom lives in a brand new house (paid, no mortgage) with a homeowner association that mows her lawn and shovels her walks.

Edited by Enthalpic

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

Yes, people of wealth do as they please; Ward is not one of us.

Rule number 1, Borish behaviour is not tolerated. Generally this behavior is well established during the pre teenage yrs. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

, Boorish behaviour is not tolerated. Generally this behaviour is well established during the pre teenage yrs. 

Yet trump?

Edited by Enthalpic

31 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Yet trump?

It is very apparent you lack a understanding of wealth accumulation alongside retention of of that wealth.

Perhaps you might indulge yourself watching a documentary coined the men who made America great. 

And to your point most people of wealth do not enter the game of politics it is truly a blood sport. If some person decides to be foolish to stick his or her's neck out so be it. Trump included.

Actually he has many characteristics of Patton, Brash,unforgiving and yet brutally effective. 

What would be quite interesting..would be a analysis made by Jan van Eck between both Trump and Patton. You see the US is at war to restore its foundation's 

Mr van Eck could you be so kind to indulge in such a matter. I understand you have many reservations, yet one cannot deny the parraells.

Ohh Mr E...the US is taking back exceptionallism....messy business there we will agree.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

It is very apparent you lack a understanding of wealth accumulation alongside retention of of that wealth.

Perhaps you might indulge yourself watching a documentary coined the men who made America great. 

And to your point most people of wealth do not enter the game of politics it is truly a blood sport. If some person decides to be foolish to stick his or her's neck out so be it. Trump included.

Actually he has many characteristics of Patton, Brash,unforgiving and yet brutally effective. 

What would be quite interesting..would be a analysis made by Jan van Eck between both Trump and Patton. You see the US is at war to restore its foundation's 

Mr van Eck could you be so kind to indulge in such a matter. I understand you have many reservations, yet one cannot deny the parraells.

Ohh Mr E...the US is taking back exceptionallism....messy business there we will agree.

You now defend boorish behaviour, because trump.

Just like normally reasonable men defend Ward.  Was Ward rich at one time? Possibly, but he managed to lose essentially all of that and now wants to work as a geriatric like trump. Old, smart, men with money should just happily retire - Ward is only old.

Edited by Enthalpic

Enthalpic is here to stay and will out-logic you every time you post BS.

Consider this "on notice."

7 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

In all candor, I would likely pass on that one.   It is an interesting suggestion.  I would say  that one large difference is that Patton was truly a patriot, he was seriously into the mindset of Victory by Americans.  The thing about Mr. Trump is that, I suspect, he was not loved by his family members, and had a difficult, distant relationship with his own father. There were these sibling rivalries and The Donald lost out.  So a lot of what The Donald does and says is to gain approval, indeed adulation.  Patton did not need nor even desire adulation, although he was happy enough to have it when it came his way.  Patton wanted to defeat America's enemies.  He was totally focused on that. 

There is an old saying about Patton:  he didn't want his troops to love him.  He wanted them to fight for him.  And they did.  That, my chums, is Leadership with a capital "L". 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

In all candor, I would likely pass on that one.   It is an interesting suggestion.  I would say  that one large difference is that Patton was truly a patriot, he was seriously into the mindset of Victory by Americans.  The thing about Mr. Trump is that, I suspect, he was not loved by his family members, and had a difficult, distant relationship with his own father. There were these sibling rivalries and The Donald lost out.  So a lot of what The Donald does and says is to gain approval, indeed adulation.  Patton did not need nor even desire adulation, although he was happy enough to have it when it came his way.  Patton wanted to defeat America's enemies.  He was totally focused on that. 

There is an old saying about Patton:  he didn't want his troops to love him.  He wanted them to fight for him.  And they did.  That, my chums, is Leadership with a capital "L". 

All true, but Patton got to be a general, it wasn't a popularity contest. In point of fact, had Patton been in charge the war likely would have ended sooner with less casualties. Since he wasn't a politician, he got sidelined during a World War by the politicians. The Germans couldn't believe it, they thought it was all a ruse. They were wrong. 

Trump may be brusque but that's just NYC behavior. Only people who've never been there don't recognize it. He's in the very worst kind of popularity contest attacked on all sides by an MSM promoting the New World order overtly and covertly, scolding their own customers for not being better mindless minions like Enthalpic. Patton wouldn't take that job for five minutes, nor would he last ten. They really are alike in many ways, but Trump clearly has thicker skin. People mistake him fighting back with being thin skinned, I see it as fighting back and not being a patsy like Bush was. He felt fighting back demeaned the office, but the office had been demeaned plenty by then and he should have stood up for himself and his party. IMHO

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ok, I've got 3 questions for Jay.

1.What's going to happen to the Tesla taxbase when it all moves to Texas?

2. How do you get chance to charge up said EV's with rolling blackouts that Cali currently have, and you want to add more to that grid?

3, Like the horse and buggy to the ICE  rime and range comparison, what advantage would the EV have over the ICE? Last time I checked the range sucked on and  EV in comparison to and ICE, and it took way longer to charge and EV compared to filling up the tank, and like they say, "Time is money"

As an observation in  the two states I've been lately, the new charging stations installed, 1 vehicle using them in two years(from Cali, of course) LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:47 PM, Enthalpic said:

Trucks hold their value way more than cars.

Good thing, since I still owe on my Nissan 3500 van. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Ok, I've got 3 questions for Jay.

1.What's going to happen to the Tesla taxbase when it all moves to Texas?

2. How do you get chance to charge up said EV's with rolling blackouts that Cali currently have, and you want to add more to that grid?

3, Like the horse and buggy to the ICE  rime and range comparison, what advantage would the EV have over the ICE? Last time I checked the range sucked on and  EV in comparison to and ICE, and it took way longer to charge and EV compared to filling up the tank, and like they say, "Time is money"

As an observation in  the two states I've been lately, the new charging stations installed, 1 vehicle using them in two years(from Cali, of course) LMAO

Indeed, time is money. I have not spent any time at a gas pump or a charging station in the last 3 years (I charge at home). Before that, I basically never wasted time at a charging station, because I charged while shopping. I don't waste time sitting at a Jiffy Lube or dealership waiting for an oil change or other service. My total time waiting for charging and service is far, far less than at any time in the 45 years I spent driving ICE cars.

I have never experienced a rolling blackout. None of the small percentage of Californians that did experience rolling blackouts were affected more than one hour total during the last 15 years. We have bigger problems with shutdowns due to potential wildfires.

We are ramping up our grid faster than we are adding EVs.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Indeed, time is money. I have not spent any time at a gas pump or a charging station in the last 3 years (I charge at home). Before that, I basically never wasted time at a charging station, because I charged while shopping. I don't waste time sitting at a Jiffy Lube or dealership waiting for an oil change or other service. My total time waiting for charging and service is far, far less than at any time in the 45 years I spent driving ICE cars.

I have never experienced a rolling blackout. None of the small percentage of Californians that did experience rolling blackouts were affected more than one hour total during the last 15 years. We have bigger problems with shutdowns due to potential wildfires.

We are ramping up our grid faster than we are adding EVs.

I spend a little time in California and have lived through several rolling blackouts in the last three years. Your information source is sorely lacking. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

All true, but Patton got to be a general, it wasn't a popularity contest. In point of fact, had Patton been in charge the war likely would have ended sooner with less casualties. Since he wasn't a politician, he got sidelined during a World War by the politicians. The Germans couldn't believe it, they thought it was all a ruse. They were wrong. 

Trump may be brusque but that's just NYC behavior. Only people who've never been there don't recognize it. He's in the very worst kind of popularity contest attacked on all sides by an MSM promoting the New World order overtly and covertly, scolding their own customers for not being better mindless minions like Enthalpic. Patton wouldn't take that job for five minutes, nor would he last ten. They really are alike in many ways, but Trump clearly has thicker skin. People mistake him fighting back with being thin skinned, I see it as fighting back and not being a patsy like Bush was. He felt fighting back demeaned the office, but the office had been demeaned plenty by then and he should have stood up for himself and his party. IMHO

Bush also got talked into stupid foreign policy and wars. He was not his own man like Trump. The Deep State ran the country, he was just the face. He was better than the opposition but not like Trump. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2020 at 9:15 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Mr Madddoux..Let us never forget a salesman mantra is and always will be "Get One Foot In The Door"....from there it is all downhill..well kinda.

Not if you are so obnoxious that the customer shuts you down and reacts unfavorably. When you push too hard the customer walks away. Just like any good Democrat would from the Biden Harris ticket. Or from gruesome Newsome.

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

He'd be making EV's if he were alive today. Elon is today's Henry Ford.

He has yet to prove that. Henry Ford had an electric car, also his cars first ran on alcohol. Natural gas vehicles first ran in WW1. 

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2010/05/25/henry-ford-and-the-electric-car

https://environmentalhistory.org/people/henry-ford-charles-kettering-and-the-fuel-of-the-future/

http://blog.westport.com/2012/04/first-natural-gas-vehicles.html#:~:text=The Origins Natural Gas Vehicles Natural gas-powered vehicles,to appear in France%2C Netherlands%2C Germany and England.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Trump speaks very fondly of his mother and father and his elder brother now deceased. He emotes freely about his brother who died of alcoholism. He does not drink for that reason. 

McArthur's mom followed him to West Point. Does that mean he was any less a general? People are complex. 

I think President Trump is the greatest national leader of my lifetime. Reagan and Goldwater are other favorites. Nixon also. What he did in Watergate was nothing compared to what has been done by the Demoncrats to Trump. Trump is still as strong as ever and will withstand all future assaults. The only real threat to him is assassination but many are praying for God to protect him. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I spend a little time in California and have lived through several rolling blackouts in the last three years. Your information source is sorely lacking. 

When and where in California? Can you provide a reference? Rolling blackouts are imposed when there may not be enough generating capacity to meet demand. Last year we had a slew of deliberate power cutoffs during fire season (really, really stupid). Those are not rolling blackouts: There was plenty of generating capacity. The recent rolling blackouts (August 14 and 15) were reported by the press to be the first since 2001.

Just now, Dan Clemmensen said:

When and where in California? Can you provide a reference? Rolling blackouts are imposed when there may not be enough generating capacity to meet demand. Last year we had a slew of deliberate power cutoffs during fire season (really, really stupid). Those are not rolling blackouts: There was plenty of generating capacity. The recent rolling blackouts (August 14 and 15) were reported by the press to be the first since 2001.

I am the source and had to go without the electricity. It was in the Inland Empire and was very annoying. People there were used to it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

I am the source and had to go without the electricity. It was in the Inland Empire and was very annoying. People there were used to it. 

Here is my reference, which claims that the August blackouts are the first in 19 years:

https://calmatters.org/environment/2020/08/california-2020-rolling-blackouts-explainer/

I speculate that the power failures you experienced were not deliberate. Rolling blackouts are are announced in advance. Please note that I believe you when you said you experienced blackouts. I'm just trying to understand this discrepancy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I think President Trump is the greatest national leader of my lifetime. Reagan and Goldwater are other favorites. Nixon also. What he did in Watergate was nothing compared to what has been done by the Demoncrats to Trump. Trump is still as strong as ever and will withstand all future assaults. The only real threat to him is assassination but many are praying for God to protect him. 

Ron, you are certainly entitled to your view of history. It is a bit academic; I do not see how Trump can prevail in the Electoral College, assuming of course no tectonic shifts between now and election day. If the votes are not there then that is the end of it. It looks like Mr. Biden will prevail and then the country is back to muddling along with inept and ineffective leadership.  I do not agree that Mr. Trump is the great saviour that you make him out to be, but hey, the nature of politics is the folks disagree. That said, it is beyond dispute that he has been sabotaged at every step.  McConnell did that to Obama in the last time around, so it is now, sadly, standard fare in Washington.  In all candor, Washington disgusts me, and I wash my hands of the place.   Cheers.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Here is my reference, which claims that the August blackouts are the first in 19 years:

https://calmatters.org/environment/2020/08/california-2020-rolling-blackouts-explainer/

I speculate that the power failures you experienced were not deliberate. Rolling blackouts are are announced in advance. Please note that I believe you when you said you experienced blackouts. I'm just trying to understand this discrepancy.

You have bad information, that is all I can tell you. 

I now you will understand this https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-26/pg-e-will-cut-power-to-89-000-customers-in-northern-california-beginning-sunday-because-of-fire-conditions

I lived half my life in California and never had a blackout. I had one for a few days in a small rural town during an ice storm in my present state of Illinois. Here we have occasional momentary outages and maybe one a year lasting for about an hour or two. We have a lot of storms and downed trees. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Ron, you are certainly entitled to your view of history. It is a bit academic; I do not see how Trump can prevail in the Electoral College, assuming of course no tectonic shifts between now and election day. If the votes are not there then that is the end of it. It looks like Mr. Biden will prevail and then the country is back to muddling along with inept and ineffective leadership.  I do not agree that Mr. Trump is the great saviour that you make him out to be, but hey, the nature of politics is the folks disagree. That said, it is beyond dispute that he has been sabotaged at every step.  McConnell did that to Obama in the last time around, so it is now, sadly, standard fare in Washington.  In all candor, Washington disgusts me, and I wash my hands of the place.   Cheers.

If you had followed the Deep State's full on attack on President Trump in a fair manner you would never make the statement that McConnell did that to Obama. That is beneath you. 

Critical Information on the Trump, Obama, and Hillary Investigations

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1choW_wq0D5DfjRPjqLlAkfxCnnVJhRzrHeXppE6D4E8/edit

Part Two of the Obama Administration Scandals

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11axnqv_b3L2k9CD6HWNMwrdIECJZSxowxjO4RIc-rbE/edit

• Like 1