2 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Better call @Tom Kirkman!!

He's the only guy I know who might be able to pull it off.  But he might be too busy with his new job, or not.

I have discussed this with Tom and at this point he is too busy with his work projects.   I am in the process of moving an entire factory.  We find someone who is good at this sort of thing and put him to work, again cannot be that hard or expensive.  At this point, I vote for having a conversation with the Oilprice owner for a re-structuring of the Forum, with new Moderators.   Such as me, for openers.  You already know that I will demand sticking to intellectual discussion, trolls will be banned. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Jan van Eck said:

I have discussed this with Tom and at this point he is too busy with his work projects.   I am in the process of moving an entire factory.  We find someone who is good at this sort of thing and put him to work, again cannot be that hard or expensive.  At this point, I vote for having a conversation with the Oilprice owner for a re-structuring of the Forum, with new Moderators.   Such as me, for openers.  You already know that I will demand sticking to intellectual discussion, trolls will be banned. 

Consider mine the first vote in your favor.  I'll pitch in if necessary.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Unless he or she is the driver....

Makes ya wonder. I'm with you guys if its allowed to hold a belief and at least relay your best interpretation of it . I find it relevant as much oil is in the bible belts and Muslim areas of the world.  Doesnt need to consume the site just mentioned when relevant.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 0R0 said:

That is a problem for China in accessing dollar funding. Thus a problem for their continued oil consumption.

I would suggest that the logical result is that China will shift purchases to Sellers that can either deal i the Yuan or make effectively "barters" for some form of scrip.  Both Iran and Russia come to mind.  Let's remember that sectors of China manufacturing have become quite sophisticated. 

For example, Iran is in need of modern aircraft - yet is unable to purchase form Boeing (obviously) and limited in ability to purchase either Airbus or Embraer. Meanwhile, China has made aircraft manufacture a highest priority, and has developed the COMAC 919, an interesting medium-range jetliner that would be a replacement for say the 737 MAX 10.  It has had some teething problems, but to suggest that it will be a total bust is unrealistic.  Will it eventually be certified to fly into EU airspace?  I think so.  So, can China swap airliners for oil, via either the Yuan or by scrip?  That is plausible. 

Can China build advanced machinery that it can sell to Russia?  But of course. Russia has a small manufacturing base, and has a small GNP, one smaller than the State of California, for example. Russia will be happy to purchase everything from garbage bags to farm machinery from China, in exchange for Russian oil and gas.  So you have that as a potential swap pair. 

For the rest, it is not so promising.  Trade barriers with the USA, by far China's largest export market, are going to hurt.  And without that inflow of cash from the Americans, China will be pushed to go back to coal.  Coal, I would point out, is roughly one-ninth  (1/9th) the cost of oil when calculated out in BTU terms.  Can the Chines retrofit their coal fired generators to produce steam without the pollutants?  Of course they can  (and so can the Americans, and the Brits, and the Germans), that technology has already been developed.  The development came as a function of steam-engine buffs working hard to re-develop a railroad steam locomotive without the pollution and with a higher thermal efficiency - they are able to push that up to 27%.  Oil, in a diesel, is perhaps 33%, but vastly more expensive.  Indeed, it has been calculated that if the Class I railroads in the USA  (the biggest seven) went back to modern steam engines, the would save a collective nine billion dollars on their fuel bill - each year.  Kinda opens your eyes, now doesn't it?

So: expect China to go back to coal. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Kramer said:

Makes ya wonder. I'm with you guys if its allowed to hold a belief and at least relay your best interpretation of it . I find it relevant as much oil is in the bible belts and Muslim areas of the world.  Doesn't need to consume the site just mentioned when relevant.  

All true, Rob.  The current clash between the Christian and the Muslim worlds is epic, and totally dominates oil. Will those worlds disengage, or will they continue in cycles of armed conflict?  It is one of the existential questions of our time. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2

Dear members, 

I think I have already given a clear explanation as to why the BLA posts were deleted. Even in this thread we see that he edited the post afterwards, deleted the title and put a full stop instead. Posts that are subsequently edited in this way will be deleted. Also as far as the posts of other members are concerned, any post that contains an insult by giving names to other members will also be deleted/edited. All these and many other rules are in our Guidelines and all actions of the moderators are carried out in accordance with Guidelines. We did post an announcement about political threads because they would always end up with insults, ugly words and attacks but no one was banned because of his posts except one person because he didn't want to take our suggestions about posts creating chaos in this forum. So lets not make this personal, because you are all welcome to post here. 

• Like 1

(edited)

8 hours ago, 0R0 said:

OK guys, we need a destination to go from here, as this forum just ceased to have value under the misguided rules of the administrator.

Where do you suggest we setup to discuss things going forwards? What oil related forums offer a good place for us to move?

Others interested please give suggestions for alternative forums.

If CMOP was around on April 18, 1775 she would have censored Paul Revere's Ride.

"The CENSORED are coming .  .  The CENSORED are coming"

Europeans don't understand the importance of the 1st amendment to U.S. citizens"

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

All true, Rob.  The current clash between the Christian and the Muslim worlds is epic, and totally dominates oil. Will those worlds disengage, or will they continue in cycles of armed conflict?  It is one of the existential questions of our time. 

If CMOP was around on April 18, 1775 she would have censored Paul Revere's Ride.

Europeans don't understand the importance of the 1st amendment to U.S. citizens"

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BLA said:

That is certainly true enough.  Specifically, the British have no effective right to free speech. 

Incidentally, "CMOP" is a man, his name is Michael.  The "MOP" part is Michael at OilPrice.   I don't know what the "C" stands for.  He does not seem to be the active post-sniper here, that is the handiwork of Selvedina, just so you know. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Selva said:

Dear members, 

I think I have already given a clear explanation as to why the BLA posts were deleted. Even in this thread we see that he edited the post afterwards, deleted the title and put a full stop instead. Posts that are subsequently edited in this way will be deleted. Also as far as the posts of other members are concerned, any post that contains an insult by giving names to other members will also be deleted/edited. All these and many other rules are in our Guidelines and all actions of the moderators are carried out in accordance with Guidelines. We did post an announcement about political threads because they would always end up with insults, ugly words and attacks but no one was banned because of his posts except one person because he didn't want to take our suggestions about posts creating chaos in this forum. So lets not make this personal, because you are all welcome to post here. 

Civility is another issue.

Things that make people run hot is not a lack of civility in itself. You would be fine with your few remaining posters being asked to remove offensive epithets.

There is nothing at all in oil other than production reports and price that is not related to politics- domestic and global, and the underlying powers and economic or other needs driving them, including much that is purely political in nature, but heavy in consequences for the energy sector broadly, from oil to solar. Your policy as stated by CMOP is disabling the discussion of energy entirely.

That policy has to go.

That tempers run high is not a bad thing. That some may blow up into profanity and accusations is to be expected. When things devolve into epithets prompt the poster to remove them or delete the offensive language or post if they don't take care of it themselves. Calling someone a commie or racist is not offensive in itself.

Your particular interaction with @Jan reeks of personal animus and pours doubt on your fit for the role of moderator. Certainly you can swap with someone else in your company.

• Great Response! 4

19 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Your particular interaction with @Jan reeks of personal animus

I can assure you that Selvedina totally loathes me.  "Personal animus" is putting a very polite touch on it. 

30 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Civility is another issue.

Things that make people run hot is not a lack of civility in itself. You would be fine with your few remaining posters being asked to remove offensive epithets.

There is nothing at all in oil other than production reports and price that is not related to politics- domestic and global, and the underlying powers and economic or other needs driving them, including much that is purely political in nature, but heavy in consequences for the energy sector broadly, from oil to solar. Your policy as stated by CMOP is disabling the discussion of energy entirely.

That policy has to go.

That tempers run high is not a bad thing. That some may blow up into profanity and accusations is to be expected. When things devolve into epithets prompt the poster to remove them or delete the offensive language or post if they don't take care of it themselves. Calling someone a commie or racist is not offensive in itself.

Your particular interaction with @Jan reeks of personal animus and pours doubt on your fit for the role of moderator. Certainly you can swap with someone else in your company.

9 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I can assure you that Selvedina totally loathes me.  "Personal animus" is putting a very polite touch on it. 

ORO

Our policy didn't say you can't post political threads related to energy. And this forum is not the only one with these restrictions about political threads. You are free to start and comment threads about oil prices and elections, but every thread that loses continuity due to mutual insult will be erased.

As for Jan, nothing personal here, at least not from my side. I wish I could say that for Jan. I have never insulted him, banned him, tracking him as he said and he is still commenting here. Each and every one of you is welcome here and it's time to stop making everything aroung here personal. 

• Upvote 3

BLA is creating the appearance of a censorship problem himself and you guy are blaming the moderators for it.  Classic tactic.

Feel free to find a dirty corner of the internet for unlimited: pro-trump, anti-vaccination, covid conspiracies, deep state, climate change denial, proud boys, and incel community News!

Jan, If your posts get deleted it is because you respond like a child.  Your reputation doesn't give you a forum free pass like you wish and that annoys you.  

• Downvote 2

Just now, Enthalpic said:

BLA is creating the appearance of a censorship problem himself and you guy are blaming the moderators for it.  Classic tactic.

Feel free to find a dirty corner of the internet for unlimited: pro-trump, anti-vaccination, covid conspiracies, deep state, climate change denial, proud boys, and incel community News!

Jan, If your posts get deleted it is because you respond like a child.  Your reputation doesn't give you a forum free pass like you wish and that annoys you.  

Says the man who hides behind a moniker to hide his identity.   Entho, you have zero credibility here, your immature outbursts are constant.  Go do something else for a change. 

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

"As for Jan, nothing personal here, at least not from my side."

Readers my note that this is ludicrous.  She has sent me numerous personal messages ripping shreds off me, including such gratuitous comments as "I would never work for you...", that sort of thing.  Also, being stripped of my status as "Legend" was a purely gratuitous insult. I think it is time for this woman to resign. 

And yes, it is totally personal. 

It says Legend next to your name.

If that is where your self-esteem comes from you have issues.

ego.jpg

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Says the man who hides behind a moniker to hide his identity.   Entho, you have zero credibility here, your immature outbursts are constant.  Go do something else for a change. 

My name was in my profile, it was removed at some point.  I would provide it for you but you seem to be a stalker.

Lack of credibility in the land of fools is a compliment.  Great minds oft have to disagree with the masses.  Truth is not found in consensus

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

My name was in my profile, it was removed at some point.  I would provide it for you but you seem to be a stalker.

Once again, you are attempting to bait me.  I live 2,500 miles from you, and you have the temerity to suggest that I am "going to stalk you."  What ridiculous, immature rubbish.  Besides, the USA-Canada border is closed. 

Just go away.   Go bother somebody else. We have had quite our fill of you and your outbursts about Trump, America, and everything in between. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

Once again, you are attempting to bait me.  I live 2,500 miles from you, and you have the temerity to suggest that I am "going to stalk you."  What ridiculous, immature rubbish.  Besides, the USA-Canada border is closed. 

Just go away.   Go bother somebody else. We have had quite our fill of you and your outbursts about Trump, America, and everything in between. 

Cyberstalk

I though you were leaving?  I can't bother you if you leave.  Simple.

• Downvote 2

Readers may note that I have put this clown "Enthalpic" on Block so that I do not have to read his baiting crap.  I invite the readership here to follow suit, the Moderator seemingly refuses to deal with him. So, ignore the fellow. 

• Upvote 2

Haha

ego2.jpg

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

Readers may note that I have put this clown "Enthalpic" on Block so that I do not have to read his baiting crap.  I invite the readership here to follow suit, the Moderator seemingly refuses to deal with him. So, ignore the fellow. 

Eyes closed, ears plugged - you too can be ignorant!  I hear it is blissful.

• Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Eyes closed, ears plugged - you too can be ignorant!  I hear it is blissful.

Sorry to inform you that you are rarely informative. At least more recently.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

46 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Sorry to inform you that you are rarely informative. At least more recently.

I don't fit your biases.

Keep saying covid will be gone soon and trump will win... it makes these guys like you!  Use graphs, it adds the illusion of veracity to your guesses.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

Edited by Enthalpic

I smile every time I see this, and realize the inanities I'm avoiding.  His off the chart narcissism makes him believe I'm viewing his posts anyway. I most certainly am not, except for the aforementioned bug where I click on the alert at the bottom when there are new posts. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Enthalpic. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Enthalpic. Options 

• Like 1

^^ Obsessive.