39 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

If soccer moms didn't show up for Biden in the primaries, they won't bother with a mail in ballot.

I take exception to that. Lots of self-important people can't be bothered to go to a smelly gymnasium to vote, but will have a glass of chardonnay and vote via a mail-in ballot. 

The election has taken a bad turn: 1) No more debates. 2) Record # of mail-in ballots. 3) Lots of people angry about Covid19. 

The New England Journal of Medicine, which is venerable and almost 200 years old, has always taken an apolitical stance. Yesterday, their editorial denounced President Trump in every conceivable way. As a retired cardiologist, I think the president did a good job with the pandemic, especially considering the input he received from so-called professional pandemic seers. However, Dr. Fauci has emerged from this chaos as "America's Doctor" like he's caught in a Norman Rockwell painting--even though as far as I know he has never treated a patient and certainly failed to foresee preparations for a pandemic--while the president has emerged as an uncaring ogre. 

The president is in trouble. And that's really too bad, because I don't think the country or the world realized that by lying down and allowing experimental synthetic antibodies infiltrated, he basically ran an experiment that could save many lives. In fact, with his prompt recovery from an appointment with death (desaturated hemoglobin) to walking out on his own steam, he changed the face of the pandemic. 

The pandemic turned, right then, at that moment. But I don't think many people realize that yet. With this press, they may never.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

19 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I take exception to that. Lots of self-important people can't be bothered to go to a smelly gymnasium to vote, but will have a glass of chardonnay and vote via a mail-in ballot. 

The election has taken a bad turn: 1) No more debates. 2) Record # of mail-in ballots. 3) Lots of people angry about Covid19. 

The New England Journal of Medicine, which is venerable and almost 200 years old, has always taken an apolitical stance. Yesterday, their editorial denounced President Trump in every conceivable way. As a retired cardiologist, I think the president did a good job with the pandemic, especially considering the input he received from so-called professional pandemic seers. However, Dr. Fauci has emerged from this chaos as "America's Doctor" like he's caught in a Norman Rockwell painting--even though as far as I know he has never treated a patient and certainly failed to foresee preparations for a pandemic--while the president has emerged as an uncaring ogre. 

The president is in trouble. And that's really too bad, because I don't think the country or the world realized that by lying down and allowing experimental synthetic antibodies infiltrated, he basically ran an experiment that could save many lives. In fact, with his prompt recovery from an appointment with death (desaturated hemoglobin) to walking out on his own steam, he changed the face of the pandemic. 

The pandemic turned, right then, at that moment. But I don't think many people realize that yet. With this press, they may never.

Trump could debate but he doesn't want to "waste his time."

Why is that?  Probably because the last debate he was caught supporting a hate-group ("Proud boys stand by!") and now having to answer how his covid irresponsibility essentially took down the white house.

Lastly, he probably is still sickly and doesn't want to look weak. 

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

What not HCQ plus zinc?  Or light or bleach?  Nope, a drug not available to plebs - unsurprising.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I think he can still make a big deal out of his recovery.. It just needs to be soon and with the kind of clarity Pence displayed.

Not sure debates are off. Right now CV19 chaos in the WH has to subside for things to move ahead from here.

He definitely can make a big deal out of Biden being scared after Trump recovered quickly from a dangerous condition using meds already approved and soon to be approved. Challenge his call for lockdowns that he has no authority to impose.

Should be pointed out that the economic conditions in Red states is very different from that of Blue cities, with unemployment being nearly 2.5X higher in the Blue cities, where business leases are not being renewed. Though there is only a 26% of businesses saying they are moving to remote work, I believe the actual number of people leaving the city offices will be far greater. The lease situation is already showing that when push comes to shove, the improved more spaced out offices are not attractive values so businesses don't sign up. The broad office property managers' expectation of spaced out workers  compensating for fewer renters is far too optimistic. This spells trouble for the Blue cities and States. To the point that their weight will be reduced in forward elections.

I believe the census was one of the targets of the made up panic around the virus. Not just Trump, Not just the Davos agenda, Not just the power grab. Not just the business opportunity for Pharm, not the last ditch effort of tech companies to remain based in China.

• Upvote 3

(edited)

2 hours ago, 0R0 said:

image.thumb.png.ec5d422b2edd98bf6f8d6a3fd6577145.png

There are more infectious people than ever before.  Temporary reductions in infection rates has only ever stabilized the number of active cases.

New cases are back on the rise yet again.  Can you please annotate your graph with each time you said it would quickly disappear?

active cases.jpg

new cases.jpg

Edited by Enthalpic

The number of confirmed cases is not relevant as the PCR test is overly sensitive without the caveat of screening tests with the threshold of symptoms. Most current tests are for non-symptomatic people. So they are not "cases" since they did not get tested because of symptoms.

Hospitalizations are not coming up in the prior proportions because a large portion of the positive reads is just coming from testing more people with no symptoms. Particularly screening students etc. .

The meaningful numbers are hospitalizations and deaths. They lag infections even more than the PCR testing. Temp readings are the best real time indicator and that has been dying down with fewer outbreaks since the July 4 shopping period of peak transmission. If you follow the outbreaks, they are flashes of a week or two in most cases. Rural ones may take longer.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3

2 hours ago, BLA said:

They haven't fooled you or me. . . .  But they have easily fooled at least 100 million people in the U.S.

That might make a difference in an election

One more time: Nobody is fooled.  The nation is so far past that.  Anyone on the Left is delusional IF they believe their team is going to win, but they don't buy the media chant anymore than you or I do.  They know Joe is not Hillary, and they realize what happened there was not for lack of trying, hoping, believing, wanting, begging, screaming, and finally crying.

Go long on oil  Go long on market indexes.  Go short on the Democrats.  Trump will sweep the popular vote by a wide margin.  He is stronger this time and Joe is weaker than Hillary.  And, bonus, people didn't realize what a jewel we have in Pence, who put in a genuinely stellar performance based on reality at his debate the other night.  It's quite possible some on the fence were swayed by his quiet integrity and demeanor.  Some will find just enough comfort knowing he is by President Trump's side to keep some balance. 

The only part I'm not sure about is the House, which looks set to remain Democrat majority.  But oh what a great time if the House goes Republican too.

Polls only reflect wishful thinking.

Of course, all this is just my thinking.  We'll know in a few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

25 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

The number of confirmed cases is not relevant as the PCR test is overly sensitive without the caveat of screening tests with the threshold of symptoms. Most current tests are for non-symptomatic people. So they are not "cases" since they did not get tested because of symptoms.

Hospitalizations are not coming up in the prior proportions because a large portion of the positive reads is just coming from testing more people with no symptoms. Particularly screening students etc. .

The meaningful numbers are hospitalizations and deaths. They lag infections even more than the PCR testing. Temp readings are the best real time indicator and that has been dying down with fewer outbreaks since the July 4 shopping period of peak transmission. If you follow the outbreaks, they are flashes of a week or two in most cases. Rural ones may take longer.

Overly sensitive is not a problem - it is there or it is not.

Symptom free cases absolutely do count as we know they can still be infectious.  Many diseases remain symptom free for extended periods (e.g. STDs).

I agree that the "serious critical hospitalized" number is very important and that is holding steady in the US at about 15,000. Considering treatment is getting better that number should be decreasing if spread was under control.

Canada is getting much worse too but many of our schools are open so it's expected.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, 0R0 said:

I think he can still make a big deal out of his recovery.. It just needs to be soon and with the kind of clarity Pence displayed.

Not sure debates are off. Right now CV19 chaos in the WH has to subside for things to move ahead from here.

He definitely can make a big deal out of Biden being scared after Trump recovered quickly from a dangerous condition using meds already approved and soon to be approved. Challenge his call for lockdowns that he has no authority to impose.

Should be pointed out that the economic conditions in Red states is very different from that of Blue cities, with unemployment being nearly 2.5X higher in the Blue cities, where business leases are not being renewed. Though there is only a 26% of businesses saying they are moving to remote work, I believe the actual number of people leaving the city offices will be far greater. The lease situation is already showing that when push comes to shove, the improved more spaced out offices are not attractive values so businesses don't sign up. The broad office property managers' expectation of spaced out workers  compensating for fewer renters is far too optimistic. This spells trouble for the Blue cities and States. To the point that their weight will be reduced in forward elections.

I believe the census was one of the targets of the made up panic around the virus. Not just Trump, Not just the Davos agenda, Not just the power grab. Not just the business opportunity for Pharm, not the last ditch effort of tech companies to remain based in China.

Correct on every point, as usual.  25% reduction in inner city office space is a deep recession for the commercial property market, and I agree that, when all is said and done in a year or two, the numbers will indeed be even more devastating.

I wrote in an earlier post that I believe Trump will take the popular vote, probably by a wide margin, but what about the Electoral College (EC) this time around?  @Jan van Eck made a case for his opinion that the EC votes might go to the opposition.  I have concerns with the EC this time around too, but my concerns are because I wonder what undue influence the Dems/Left have put on that process.  There has been more than enough time to figure out how to rig the EC, and why wouldn't that be possible?  Control within Blue states is pretty much complete and I sincerely wonder if the EC will have been gotten to when this is all said and done.  Would you put it past the Dems to offer payoffs to EC members if necessary.  The party has the money, of that there is no question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Such basics seem to be lost on the delusional Left.  Actually, it may not be lost on them, but they are too deeply invested in the entire fiasco at this point that they have to stay with claims based on test readouts, and not on symptomatic cases or even deaths.  At this point I believe the Left just dreads what is coming their way, again, and they're trying to hold on.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Symptom free cases absolutely do count as we know they can still be infectious.  Many diseases remain symptom free for extended periods (e.g. STDs).

I agree that the "serious critical hospitalized" number is very important and that is holding steady in the US at about 15,000. Considering treatment is getting better that number should be decreasing if spread was under control.

Canada is getting much worse too but many of our schools are open so it's expected.

Spread is by no means under control, but it has completed its 1st tour of the country. The susceptible population left is far smaller now for a winter wave.

IFR for young and children is far less than Flu and is on par with flu tor the mature working age population.

The PCR test will read positive for weeks past the death of the last virus because the dead virus and particles remain and produce positive PCR tests. The only useful PCR test to determine infection rather than exposure is a quantitative PCR, which is only done in some clinical settings and for research.

The whole country data is not analyzable at all as it is not a contiguous transmission but a salad of different epidemic outbreaks in stochastic patterns.

The patterns from the first NE outbreaks is clear and has been repeated in the Southern outbreak states and will now repeat in the Prairie states as they peak this week.

The school opening is proper and the outbreaks that come with it are acceptable risk and cost. But for the octogenarians, this is a rough flu for us elders and passes through most of the young without them taking notice. .

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Spread is by no means under control, but it has completed its 1st tour of the country. The susceptible population left is far smaller now for a winter wave.

IFR for young and children is far less than Flu and is on par with flu tor the mature working age population.

The PCR test will read positive for weeks past the death of the last virus because the dead virus and particles remain and produce positive PCR tests. The only useful PCR test to determine infection rather than exposure is a quantitative PCR, which is only done in some clinical settings and for research.

The whole country data is not analyzable at all as it is not a contiguous transmission but a salad of different epidemic outbreaks in stochastic patterns.

The patterns from the first NE outbreaks is clear and has been repeated in the Southern outbreak states and will now repeat in the Prairie states as they peak this week.

The school opening is proper and the outbreaks that come with it are acceptable risk and cost. But for the octogenarians, this is a rough flu for us elders and passes through most of the young without them taking notice. .

It is good to see the calm of intellect, i had hoped to see such reasoned posting and critical thought from the US medical community..that has not been the case. I thank you for your time and well thought reasoning...you have contributed much that goes unsaid.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 10/7/2020 at 3:07 PM, ronwagn said:

To me, the jailing of the Deep State players would be very satisfying and just. Unfortunately the Deep State and Washington D.C. residents protect their own. They know that they are beneficiaries of BIG government. The bigger the better. I would move most of it to Oklahoma (Over the next twenty years). Right in the middle of the population Center. Next to Arkansas and Missouri. Wages could be lowered to match the cost of living. Land is cheap. Just buy a big cattle ranch. 

We need some sort of legal system specifically for Deep State big actors. Obviously D.C. is unable to give a fair trial. There needs to be a way to move the venue to an area representative of the United States. I vote for Oklahoma City. 

Oklahoma City is too liberal.  Anywhere but Norman or OKC.

• Like 1

I would just add to the post of BLA that opened this thread:

-That Trump already got Bahrain and UAE to sign peace accords, and in a second term he would have secured the cooperation of more nations and essentially ended the Arab-Israeli conflict.  This would have been an historic accomplishment.

-Remember Obama saying (paraphrase) 'Where is he going to get those jobs? He doesn't have a magic wand.'? And then I think more jobs were created in Trump's first 3 years than even Trump promised. The unemployment rate was far below what had heretofore been considered "full employment."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BLA said:

The DNC and Mainstream Media have redefined what qualifies as truth.  

It is called the Big Lie, and reframing the truth. It is why they want to get rid of real history and make up one without the teachings of western civilization. It is too white for them. The classics were the foundation of our society, together with Christianity, but those things are verboten (forbidden) by the left. Unless they can rewrite everything. The present Pope is doing a real job on Christianity, turning it into Marxism. He allows China to call the shots on Roman Catholics in China. They are busily actually rewriting the Holy Bible in China. China has killed more people than Germany and the toll is rising. "Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." John Donne

My topic on Propaganda: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cBjsei8lp-zDw12zU7uQ7x8EvswUUAPs6r1mUU8oG6w/edit

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 10/8/2020 at 5:14 PM, Enthalpic said:

What not HCQ plus zinc?  Or light or bleach?  Nope, a drug not available to plebs - unsurprising.

You should eat your words. President Trump is trying to make it available to EVERYONE for free. 

Edited by ronwagn
error
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

There are more infectious people than ever before.  Temporary reductions in infection rates has only ever stabilized the number of active cases.

New cases are back on the rise yet again.  Can you please annotate your graph with each time you said it would quickly disappear?

active cases.jpg

new cases.jpg

I have better graphs Enthalpic!

image.thumb.png.7a31502198fb3e834a6e28fe1e365551.png
The Latest News and Info on COVID 19 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MXY8T0j7k0oUBsHW4BfjJM__DRIyzqrDf_FSlV4hHpw/edit

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Toranaga said:

Oklahoma City is too liberal.  Anywhere but Norman or OKC.

Muskogee then. Better fishing and prettier. It is more in line with the population directional trend line. Just build on high ground. 

th?id=OIP.ncVIvHdxzXVsHXFp-LmuVQHaDI&pid=Api&P=0&w=482&h=205

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

There has been more than enough time to figure out how to rig the EC, and why wouldn't that be possible? 

Not possible.   Most States have passed Statutes requiring their delegates to "vote" in manner dictated to them, winner take all votes.

As for Mr. Trump, I predict he will not be re-elected; the electoral college votes do not add up.  He would have to take Ohio, and Michigan, and Wisconsin, and Florida, and the Carolinas.  Is that likely?  No.  Florida might well go to Biden, and that would sink Trump.  Ohio remains a toss-up.  Michigan might go to Trump, because of disgust with the Governor.  But Wisconsin is more likely to go to Biden, as well as Illinois.  I don't see how Trump can prevail without Wisconsin.  The numbers are not there.  

if the race is close, then the single votes from New Hampshire, one district in Maine, and one district on Nebraska (city of Omaha) just might squeak, but I suspect all will go Democratic.  So in a close race, Trump loses the last three critical electoral college votes. 

But that is if it is close.  I don't think it will be close.  I think the Dems will be at over 300, perhaps close to 350, and Trump stuck at about 190.  Remember:  I have no stake in the outcome, just the way I see the EC votes ending up.  Biden takes it.   Sorry about that.

Final note:  remember that Biden is the Party scarecrow, he is there as a placeholder until the Party figures out what it wants to do.  So he will resign part way through, and Kamala Harris will be your actual president.  Now, that should be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

17 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

.   .   .   .  

You know a lot about STDs.

Everything cleared up ?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

So he will resign part way through, and Kamala Harris will be your actual president.  Now, that should be interesting.

Interesting indeed. And vis a vis oil and gas production, Mr. Biden won't ban fracking, but Ms. Harris will. That's likely the reason you haven't heard much of an uproar from AOC and The Squad about Mr. Biden's obvious turnaround. 

The future of oil in the United States depends on the Senate race. The president could--without congressional approval--ban fracking on federal lands but not entirely. A blanket ban requires congressional approval.

If perchance fracking is banned on federal lands, there goes about 75% of the Delaware sub-basin and another 25% of the Texas portion of the Permian. That would redraw maps very quickly and push shale drillers into other basins. The Appalachian, for example, would boom. Trillions would be lost in pipelines and LNG trains in the Permian-Gulf Coast crescent. 

Much of this gerrymandering hinges, alas, on which states Mr. Biden wins. New Mexico, a poor state, is currently gaining about $2B a year from shale oil in the Delaware: one billion goes to the special state fund and the other to commerce. Banning drilling there would push a stake into the financial heart of NM. The governor is politically motivated and would throw the state under the bus in exchange for a cabinet post. Texas is a different story. The Tesla pickup plant is going to be in Austin and if Texas goes Democrat (which it easily could), then incentives doled out for renewables would more than make up for the 25% loss in Texas oil revenue.

Banning fracking altogether by congressional approval would guarantee much higher oil and gas prices and would put about a million people out of work. More significantly, it would place our country hostage to OPEC and Russian oil. The price of NG would go ballistic. 

I agree with the above. For a variety of reasons that have been laid out previously, the United States of America seems hellbent to run a very interesting social experiment. It will change the country in ways too numerous to detail. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

And vis a vis oil and gas production, Mr. Biden won't ban fracking, but Ms. Harris will

Probably not.  Kamala Harris grew up in Montreal.  Montreal has this legacy of confrontational politics, with various factions shouting a lot at each other, but at the end of the day very little is done to rock the boat.  There is too much at stake in fracking oil production for it to get banned outright.  Instead, I suspect it will  be disapproved in areas directly below aquifers. For the rest, the Dems need to solidify their gains in States that went blue and the way for them to do that is to tolerate fracking.  the total crazies in the Party will want to ban fracking on ideological grounds, but that is not necessarily the final word on the issue.  I also doubt that Harris is as wild-eyed as folks here think she is.  there is a difference between the public persona and the real person.  Look at Mr. Trump:  his image and public persona as the Master on  The Apprentice is a long way from the Mr. Trump that took the White House;  for one example, see how he handled Kim Jong Un.  Brilliant. And no "You're fired!" outburst, either. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Muskogee then. Better fishing and prettier. It is more in line with the population directional trend line. Just build on high ground. 

th?id=OIP.ncVIvHdxzXVsHXFp-LmuVQHaDI&pid=Api&P=0&w=482&h=205

May I ask why on high ground?

(edited)

On 10/6/2020 at 4:06 PM, Bob D said:

Guys

We lived through the greatest era of world history; post WWII through, you pick the year it ended.  The United States with all her flaws was indeed a shining city on a hill.  The US fought tyranny and liberated the defenseless.  The US fed the hungry.  The US stood for freedom.  The US created immense wealth across the globe.  It's over.  Power hungry politicians in the US do not work for the benefit of the citizens.  Indoctrination masked as education has left us dumb.  Belief in economic theories which have NEVER brought positive economic results now prevail.  There is no longer a sense of responsibility or integrity in the average American. The high water mark of this grand experiment is over likely having seen it's peak in the 1990's.  Blame whomever you want but the Media is at the forefront of the demise.  Societally destructive technology maimed the minds of the young who now find themselves pitted against the a country which delivered so much to so many.  I get little sleep some nights thinking what my 20 and 17 year old girls face.  Maybe it's just normal to worry as the world changes and my views don't?  I don't think so.  Our country used to be united against socialism.  Today we are moving at warp speed into adopting socialism.  

In the words of the great David Byrne of the Talking Heads .... My God, What have we done

Bob D   , Trump should take what you wrote and put it into a TV commercial.

Trump has let the Dems define him.  The MSM acting as the BIden propaganda and misinformation arm makes it easy for them to trash Trump.  

Trump continues the same old retorts.  We all know them.  Voters have accepted them or ignore them.  

Trump has to target the senior vote that he held last time (2016) but is waning now.

Trump needs to reassure them that regard the Covid Chinese virus,  "this will pass"

Appeal to their nostalgia , the country they grew up in , the country they built  .   .   .  .   and make a HARD contrast to what a Biden Presidency will bring.

They can't let the Chinese virus (temporary) determine an election that will irreversibly change the U.S. for the worse.

They say everyone that will vote has already made up their mind.  They say it will all comes down to a turnout election

The Dems have used identity politics to incite their voters to turn out.  Trump better be able to better his 2026 turnout on 2020 if he wants a chance to win.

Pelosi is starting in with the 25th amendment stunt today.  There will be a new distraction every other day. Trump should not spend any of his time defending political stunts put forth by nuts like Pelosi. The Speaker has lost her mind.  

Trump needs to address those seniors he won over in the last election.  Get creative , show some compassion.  Trump can get back those disaffected seniors that are leaving him .

We are always evolving .  . . . changing   .  .  but this new Dem vision is scary. It's not evolving. 

PS.  They should have a 25th amendment for the Speaker Pelosi

TRUMP SHOULD TELL Speaker PELOSI AND GOV WHITMER TO DO YOUR JOB AND STOP THE POLITICAL STUNTS , GROW UP  . . . ACT WITH SOME CLASS AND DIGNITY THAT THEIR OFFICE HELD DESERVES.  

THEY THINK THE ONLY WAY DEMS CAN WIN IS DIVIDE THE COUNTRY, CAUSE CHAOS AND PROMOTE HATE.

TRUMP CAN SAY ANYTHING AS LONG AS HE SAYS IN A CALM AND SINCERE MANNER.  EVEN USE A LITTLE HUMOR.  

Don't let them get under your skin.

Edited by BLA
  • Like 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, BLA said:

You know a lot about STDs.

Knowledge is the best prevention!  Well, other than screening, condoms or abstinence; but what kind of life is that?

Edited by Enthalpic