Dan Warnick

Tucker Carlson responds to CDC after agency critiques commentary about mask-wearing

Definitive information FROM THE CDC that wearing a mask does not protect the person wearing the mask.  We've been saying this for months here on Oil Price.

Tucker Carlson responds to CDC after agency critiques commentary about mask-wearing

(Excerpt, full article with video at the link)

Fox News host Tucker Carlson fired back at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Wednesday after a spokesperson for the agency said the "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host's Tuesday night commentary on mask-wearing was "misleading."

During his commentary, Carlson cited a study conducted by 11 medical institutions that analyzed a group of people who tested positive for coronavirus during the month of July. The study found that among those who were infected, more than 70% reported they had "always" worn a mask over the preceding 14 days. Another 14.4% said they had "often" worn a mask. 

In a statement issued to Fox News on Wednesday, a CDC spokesperson wrote that "social media postings citing a table in an MMWR published September 11, 2020, suggest that CDC’s face mask guidance is failing to prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 because study participants had indicated having worn masks often and still contracted COVID-19.

The statement added, "CDC guidance on masks has clearly stated that wearing a mask is intended to protect other people in case the mask wearer is infected. At no time has CDC guidance suggested that masks were intended to protect the wearers."

• Upvote 2

That video is a damning video to the credibility of the CDC.  I looked at the CDC's study on the aspect regarding the Covid protection of masks. (page 4 table - approximately 86% chance that it made no difference whether a person wore a mask or not.)

• Upvote 3

This is another Tucker interview on the MASK topic which slipped past the CENSORS at YouTube.

The video also brings up... 

"The Great Barrington Declaration" with thousands of medical professionals talking about the herd immunity.

https://community.oilprice.com/topic/21249-google-wants-you-dumbed-down-as-sheep-–-“the-great-barrington-declaration”/

(4 minutes)

• Upvote 3

You must think people tell the truth.

85% claim they wear a mask "always or often" so what!  People lie! 

You think people who are sick want to tell the doctor "no I never wear masks" - of course not.  Just like lung cancer patients say they only smoke "a little" or alcoholics only have "a couple beers."

Don't be stupid and go floss like you tell the dentist you do.

• Downvote 3

Enthalpic,

You don't always wear a mask.   So, Are you for MASK MANDATES?  Especially since you are aware that masks do little to prevent infection and, that, in fact, masks can harm the health of many people.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

You must think people tell the truth.

85% claim they wear a mask "always or often" so what!  People lie! 

You think people who are sick want to tell the doctor "no I never wear masks" - of course not.  Just like lung cancer patients say they only smoke "a little" or alcoholics only have "a couple beers."

Don't be stupid and go floss like you tell the dentist you do.

Do you wake up an "a$$hole" or do you have to work at it??

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

Luckily we can count on the Associated Press to send out an informative article outlining the results of a study in a 100% misleading manner

Notice that the URL title had nothing to do with the content of the story. 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-united-nations-07353942476703499ed0e668eba52178

I've already complained to AP and they added the "correction" you'll see at the bottom, but they still have the misleading picture of the drug that was not mentioned at all in the study. Because propagandists. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

9 hours ago, Tom Nolan said:

Enthalpic,

You don't always wear a mask.   So, Are you for MASK MANDATES?  Especially since you are aware that masks do little to prevent infection and, that, in fact, masks can harm the health of many people.

I don't particularity like them, no.

Both Fort Saskatchewan and Edmonton now have mask bylaws so I'm stuck wearing them a lot more and not by choice.

But, It is really a minor inconvenience, put it on, shop, take it off.

P.S. It's not "virtue signalling" because everyone is wearing one.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

7 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Luckily we can count on the Associated Press to send out an informative article outlining the results of a study in a 100% misleading manner

Notice that the URL title had nothing to do with the content of the story. 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-united-nations-07353942476703499ed0e668eba52178

I've already complained to AP and they added the "correction" you'll see at the bottom, but they still have the misleading picture of the drug that was not mentioned at all in the study. Because propagandists. 

Anti-science Ward never reads the paper.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.15.20209817v1.full.pdf

"METHODS

Study drugs were Remdesivir, Hydroxychloroquine, Lopinavir (fixed-dose combination with Ritonavir) and Interferon-β1a (mainly subcutaneous; initially with Lopinavir, later not)."

remd.jpg

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

I don't particularity like them, no.

Both Fort Saskatchewan and Edmonton now have mask bylaws so I'm stuck wearing them a lot more and not by choice.

But, It is really a minor inconvenience, put it on, shop, take it off.

P.S. It's not "virtue signalling" because everyone is wearing one.

Submit to your Rulers slave.  MASK MANDATES -This is the new normal (more tyrannical slavery) which is being helped along by the far Left.  Not that I am political, but I have eyes.  I refuse to wear one.

Edited by Tom Nolan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dr. Fauci Says We May Be Wearing Masks Into 2022

Herd immunity won’t be achieved for a few years, he says.

OCTOBER 16, 2020

https://www.eatthis.com/fauci-face-masks-2022/

One year ago, it was rare to walk by someone on the street wearing a protective face covering. However, the introduction of COVID-19 in December 2019 changed all of that. For the better part of 2020, cloth masks have become just as common as shoes and shirts, required at most indoor establishments and even mandated in some places. While the world eagerly awaits the first COVID vaccines, which could be available in the next few months, many hope that by next year, masks will be a thing of the past. However, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading infectious disease expert, the preventive tool is going to be the norm for a few more years. Read on, and don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had Coronavirus.

Dr. Fauci Said the Vaccine Won't be a "Knockout Punch"

During a Thursday address to the medical community at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia via Zoom, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), revealed that even if a vaccine is 70% effective, and if some people resist taking it, herd immunity will take several months — and possibly years — to be achieved. In other words, the vaccine isn't going to be a "knockout punch" that takes out the highly infectious virus. 

"It's not going to be the way it was with polio and measles, where you get a vaccine, case closed, it's done. It's going to be public-health measures that linger for months and months," Fauci explained. 

"You're not going to have a profound degree of herd immunity for a considerable period of time, maybe toward the end of 2021, into 2022," he continued. "I feel very strongly that we're going to need to have some degree of public-health measures to continue. Maybe not as stringent as they are right now."

These public health measures include the fundamentals he mentions daily: Wear masks. Stay at least six feet from those outside your bubble. Avoid crowds. Minimize time spent in indoor public spaces. Wash hands.

RELATED: 11 Symptoms of COVID You Never Want to Get

Dr. Fauci Warned Against Herd Immunity

He also reiterated that he is very against forcing "herd immunity" by intentionally infecting people with the virus. 

"We're very concerned about this concept of letting people get infected, or letting herd immunity come in," he said. "A lot of people would have to die first before you got to herd immunity." So make the smart choice, and don't visit any of these 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom Nolan said:

Submit to your Rulers slave.  MASK MANDATES -This is the new normal (more tyrannical slavery) which is being helped along by the far Left.  Not that I am political, but I have eyes.  I refuse to wear one.

I'm not going to get a ticket or a bunch of dirty looks to avoid wearing a mask for 10 minutes.

Alberta has a far right premier and Fort Saskatchewan is very industrial / conservative "oil country."   Even the right wing will legislate masks.

3 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I'm not going to get a ticket or a bunch of dirty looks to avoid wearing a mask for 10 minutes.

Alberta has a far right premier and Fort Saskatchewan is very industrial / conservative "oil country."   Even the right wing will legislate masks.

I gotcha.  Alberta is a funny place.  Their conservatives are far left in the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/16/2020 at 5:37 PM, Tom Nolan said:

I gotcha.  Alberta is a funny place.  Their conservatives are far left in the U.S.

Hilarious what Canadians call "far right"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:26 PM, Tom Nolan said:

Dr. Fauci Says We May Be Wearing Masks Into 2022

Herd immunity won’t be achieved for a few years, he says.

OCTOBER 16, 2020

https://www.eatthis.com/fauci-face-masks-2022/

One year ago, it was rare to walk by someone on the street wearing a protective face covering. However, the introduction of COVID-19 in December 2019 changed all of that. For the better part of 2020, cloth masks have become just as common as shoes and shirts, required at most indoor establishments and even mandated in some places. While the world eagerly awaits the first COVID vaccines, which could be available in the next few months, many hope that by next year, masks will be a thing of the past. However, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading infectious disease expert, the preventive tool is going to be the norm for a few more years. Read on, and don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had Coronavirus.

Dr. Fauci Said the Vaccine Won't be a "Knockout Punch"

During a Thursday address to the medical community at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia via Zoom, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), revealed that even if a vaccine is 70% effective, and if some people resist taking it, herd immunity will take several months — and possibly years — to be achieved. In other words, the vaccine isn't going to be a "knockout punch" that takes out the highly infectious virus. 

"It's not going to be the way it was with polio and measles, where you get a vaccine, case closed, it's done. It's going to be public-health measures that linger for months and months," Fauci explained. 

"You're not going to have a profound degree of herd immunity for a considerable period of time, maybe toward the end of 2021, into 2022," he continued. "I feel very strongly that we're going to need to have some degree of public-health measures to continue. Maybe not as stringent as they are right now."

These public health measures include the fundamentals he mentions daily: Wear masks. Stay at least six feet from those outside your bubble. Avoid crowds. Minimize time spent in indoor public spaces. Wash hands.

RELATED: 11 Symptoms of COVID You Never Want to Get

Dr. Fauci Warned Against Herd Immunity

He also reiterated that he is very against forcing "herd immunity" by intentionally infecting people with the virus. 

"We're very concerned about this concept of letting people get infected, or letting herd immunity come in," he said. "A lot of people would have to die first before you got to herd immunity." So make the smart choice, and don't visit any of these 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID.

The masks are not blocking transmission. There is no statistical evidence the traditional immunology and epidemiology experts of pre-CV19 stardom have found. At best it leads to fewer of the cases of infection being severe or even symptomatic due to somewhat lower viral loads on infection.

Fauci is lying about herd immunity because this virus is so much more infectious and so many more people got it than would be picked up in the limited and out of date antibody prevalence tests. If he were serious about finding out anything then there would have been a T cell CV19 specific response prevalence survey. But he seems fearful of finding out.

By now, most of the US states have had their peak in the range of 20% positivity for 3 months or so. The unrestricted states in the plains having a somewhat steeper and higher rise to % pos nearing NY state levels.

The urban N. East is likely close to herd immunity - and likely there for the subsector of high contact population. The models that fit the data, as opposed to the Fergusson type exponential models, as posited by Gomes and Levitt, show we are approaching or have reached herd immunity in many urban centers and may now be seeing it in more exurban areas as  well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0R0 said:

The masks are not blocking transmission

You are right.  They are silly, harmful and a submission symbol to Authoritarians.

MASK FACTS - SCIENCE

Government trained OSHA mask experts Tammy Clark & Kristen Meghan join Del Bigtree in-studio to break down vital info on masks, PPE, and their role in #Covid19 prevention.

Every adult on this planet wearing a mask needs to hear this riveting discussion with the science studies shown.  These two ladies are the top certified experts on masks. 

There is absolutely no doubt that wearing masks as a society does NOTHING to control Covid, but wearing masks only contributes to an unhealthy population.

The Highwire with Del Bigtree

MASK WHISTLEBLOWERS TELL ALL

(39 minutes)

https://www.bitchute.com/video/nKU8JO1YPL6m/

(There is no YouTube video, because YouTube censors important valid information.)

There is also this VIDEO QUEUED  which has these two speakers...

OSHA mask experts Tammy Clark & Kristen Meghan

Getting this mask mandate to go away is only the tip of the iceberg.

The significance of the desire by the powers that be to have this level of control over society is suggesting 

something very dire is soon to come.  Why is nobody talking about this???  This is a MAJOR DISTRACTION 

from something else way worse than a mask mandate or any of the rest of the 'COVID' scenario.

Look at the 'other hand' and ask what that 'other hand' is doing.  Something they are doing that is causing 

something else.........what could be big and bad enough that they are willing to bring on societal collapse

to keep the whole human civilization fighting amongst themselves in order to not notice the REAL trouble

brewing???

• Upvote 1

I'm concerned we are going to see a lot of respiratory problems (some serious) as a result of some people wearing them all of the time. Most people other than those in the medical profession are wearing the same filthy mask for many hours a day, sometimes even for days without them being washed. I read one report which claimed that prolonged wearing of masks can lead to lung cancer due to certain types of microbe although I don't know how true that is.

I'm asthmatic and prone to lung infections which is why I will not wear one unless I absolutely have to which is so far 3 times (hospital and dentist the latter being kind of ironic). I don't want to be breathing in microbes etc that might cause me more problems. As far as Covid goes it's just the luck of the drawn and I'll take my chances like I have done for my entire life because I'm really not sure there is anything we can really do to stop catching any virus other than keep as healthy as possible (pretty impossible at the moment as we're still locked down!) and looking after our immune systems. And surely a healthy immune systems means we should be mixing with other people so we let our bodies create antibodies to fight off other viruses so that is also now damn near impossible.

Personally I think we've done more damage than good to the population as a whole but I suppose we will see in the following years.

And on lockdowns...there are acceptable causalities no one seems to care about...it's it's not covid it does matter apparently.

To anyone who supports them, these tragedies are on you, period.

R.I.P to a child who should have had a whole life to look forward to and to all of the other sad cases like these of which there will be many.

photo_2021-02-12_19-34-45.jpg