Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guy Daley

How much switching to an electric vehicle could save you.

I posted this article not so much for the value of it's content but to illustrate the bias and propaganda OOZING and BLEEDING from yahoo finance which is owned by Verizon!  So the propaganda is being laid on thick not just by facebook, google and tweet but by a wide variety of corporate entities.  

Dozens and dozens of articles in yahoo with massive bias, that "fossil fuels" are bad and anything to do with renewables is good, much like the "orange man" bad theme.  Massive social engineering at play.  

PERSONALLY, I would not benefit in any way from buying an EV.  In my neck of the woods there are NO charging stations.  I could just imagine how much it would cost to install a charging station at home.  Is that ever factored into the cost of "saving with an EV".  No it isn't, thereby illustrating the absurd bias of articles like this.  Moreover, the resell value is NEVER mentioned in articles like this.  If an EV is sold before it needs a new battery pack, then the resell value can't be much.  Having a battery pack replaced by a dealer would be a CRUSHING expense as most repairs happen to be,  AT THE DEALER.  So the article mentions how much you would save in fuel and maintenance costs while conveniently eschewing, battery pack replacement and the notion of chasing back and forth to a dealer for repairs (this is key if you don't live in or near a big urban area that sells EVs).    I think the nearest Tesla dealer to me is Lincoln, NE, 155 miles away.  

Has Car and Driver or anybody else gotten around to doing the X mile of a test for owning an EV, in cold country?  How much are they affected?  What does it do to battery life, etc, etc.  I never see any articles on that.  I'm sure they are out there BUT I don't see them because that doesn't help to promote the industry.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-switching-electric-vehicle-could-160000968.html

• Great Response! 1

29 minutes ago, Guy Daley said:

I posted this article not so much for the value of it's content but to illustrate the bias and propaganda OOZING and BLEEDING from yahoo finance which is owned by Verizon!  So the propaganda is being laid on thick not just by facebook, google and tweet but by a wide variety of corporate entities.  

Dozens and dozens of articles in yahoo with massive bias, that "fossil fuels" are bad and anything to do with renewables is good, much like the "orange man" bad theme.  Massive social engineering at play.  

PERSONALLY, I would not benefit in any way from buying an EV.  In my neck of the woods there are NO charging stations.  I could just imagine how much it would cost to install a charging station at home.  Is that ever factored into the cost of "saving with an EV".  No it isn't, thereby illustrating the absurd bias of articles like this.  Moreover, the resell value is NEVER mentioned in articles like this.  If an EV is sold before it needs a new battery pack, then the resell value can't be much.  Having a battery pack replaced by a dealer would be a CRUSHING expense as most repairs happen to be,  AT THE DEALER.  So the article mentions how much you would save in fuel and maintenance costs while conveniently eschewing, battery pack replacement and the notion of chasing back and forth to a dealer for repairs (this is key if you don't live in or near a big urban area that sells EVs).    I think the nearest Tesla dealer to me is Lincoln, NE, 155 miles away.  

Has Car and Driver or anybody else gotten around to doing the X mile of a test for owning an EV, in cold country?  How much are they affected?  What does it do to battery life, etc, etc.  I never see any articles on that.  I'm sure they are out there BUT I don't see them because that doesn't help to promote the industry.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-switching-electric-vehicle-could-160000968.html

Amen.  Thanks Guy!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tom Nolan said:

So the article mentions how much you would save in fuel and maintenance costs while conveniently eschewing, battery pack replacement and the notion of chasing back and forth to a dealer for repairs (this is key if you don't live in or near a big urban area that sells EVs). 

Quite right. None of the cost comparisons mention battery pack replacement..  

(edited)

I didn't see a comparison for those of us who drive about 300 miles per month and live in an apartment and live in a cold area and like to keep my car warm and don't have TV or radio at home so I stay in my my warm car and listen to the radio for 30-60 minutes when I get home 3x a week.

Edited by Michael Sanches

1 hour ago, Michael Sanches said:

I didn't see a comparison for those of us who drive about 300 miles per month and live in an apartment and live in a cold area and like to keep my car warm and don't have TV or radio at home so I stay in my my warm car and listen to the radio for 30-60 minutes when I get home 3x a week.

at 300 miles a month you can be one of the last ones to transition in 20-30 years from now and by then your apartment will have charging in your parking space and you can just plug in and sit in your warm car as long as you want.