Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

$1 for a Journey on the Loop

(edited)

Musk says a journey on an electric Loop along the tunnels the Boring Company is drilling will cost just a dollar. Do we believe him?

Describing the service - dubbed Loop - as 'almost like an autonomous, underground multi-level car system', Musk said the tunnels may one day number in the thousands.

Not a very clear description to my mind but who knows. "One day" certainly sounds more plausible than Musk's usual deadlines.

Edited by Marina Schwarz

Musk always had problems with deadlines. And still hasn't learned a lesson from previous experiences and still making bold announcements without considering challenges that might be very restrictive. But I'm more interested in his announcement that ticket price will be cheaper than a bus ticket. That sounds ridiculous. 

(edited)

One moment. I heard Tesla is going bankrupt in near future? This is a man with great skills and imagination but I'm not sure that also a right person as CEO of big company which shoud be a little more down to earth in my humble opinion.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

He is juggling between the ground and space. Great visionary but with unattainable goals. Like this loop isn't enough, now he's planning space travel for Earthlings to take them anywhere on Earth in less than an hour in the same rocket which is planned for a trip to Mars. Give me a break. He really need more focus, finishing thing one after another.  

Edited by LAOIL
  • Like 1

I also think it hurts his bussiness a lot.

One question would call this great visionary but also with some very strange ideas a reliable bussiness partner for your company? Because I do not know what can be his new great bussiness idea and that may be crazy and get both his but also my company get bankrupt.

no wonder that company is not getting cash flow positive..

Until we get some economic numbers regarding start-up costs, cost of maintenance, cost per ride, all of this is still speculation. Besides if it is a dollar per trip, it would probably result in an extremely high number of individuals per day taking rides on the Hyperloop. And considering that this would reduce traffic hypothetically, would not be surprised if Governor Brown decided to subsidize this due to less cars=less emissions.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 5:00 PM, Tomasz said:

One moment. I heard Tesla is going bankrupt in near future? This is a man with great skills and imagination but I'm not sure that also a right person as CEO of big company which shoud be a little more down to earth in my humble opinion.

Nah, that's just Tesla bears and their wishful thinking. That said, I do think Musk is a bit lacking in the business management department.