OS

Oil Investors Say More Needed to Tackle Climate Change

Sixty global investors, representing more than $10.4 trillion in assets, called on the oil and gas industry to do more to tackle climate change, ratcheting up pressure on company boards ahead of several high profile annual shareholder meetings. Expressing fear that a lack of action over tackling climate change could risk their investments, they called companies to be more transparent about how they plan to change their operations as part of the global shift to a low-carbon economy, necessary to meet the terms of the 2015 Paris climate agreement to keep global warming below 2 degrees.

The 2015 Paris climate agreement is utter bunk.  Hokum.  Extortion.

And here I can see extortion entering the picture again.

Oh, a reminder, CO2 is not toxic, despite MSM hooplah.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that humans and livestock emit more Methane than the Oil & Gas industry leaks.

Pretty sure others may jump up and down and disagree.  Knock yourself out.  Please just provide independently verifiable facts that I can research, if you would like to change my mind.

Not sure that this is the forum to discuss whether it's bunk that man is causing climate change.

The important point is that investors now have their antenna up about the financial consequences of man-induced climate change. Holding a bag that contains $10.4 trillion in assets is enough to cause us to take notice.

We might take out an insurance policy, to revisit the thought Ronald Reagan had when scientists said the Earth's protective ozone layer was in danger. The ozone layer, of all things!! Besides, if we generally clean up how we use fuels and chemicals, might some positives come out of that, even if man-induced climate change is hokum?

I rather suspect that the investors will find an ear. One way or another, as usual, we need to clean up our room.

• Like 1