Dan Warnick

U.S. Presidential Elections Status - Electoral Votes

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:

I would also add

How on earth is it possible that Trump wasn't in communication with his own VP in the run up to the 6th? How could he have not know that Pence wouldn't send the dual slates back to the legislators which is what he should have done.

Apparently he had no idea what Pence would do yet he held a massive rally outside the Whitehouse and told people to walk up Pennsylvania avenue and that he would be there, what happened next was fairly predictable but the police were some how totally undermanned and pretty much opened the doors to some of the protestors.

As you said and I've said many times, if he failed he would not only humiliate his own supporters but destroy his legacy and probably his business along with it...for the casual observer this appears to be exactly what has happened but he's an intelligent and calculating man and I find all of this very very strange.

And when things look strange...well...they probably are.

Regardless I will continue to watch the events, it looks very tragic for the American people at the moment but who knows what will happen next. I'm expecting the madness of 2020 to continue this year regardless of what happens on the 20th.

What you must not forget is that a not completely controllable president like Kennedy, Reagan or yes, Trump (to some extent), all got an imposed Vice President who is the establishments representative. Kennedy was killed and the VP took over, and Reagan almost, so the VP of that time thought it was his turn already..... Contrary to insider presidents (Clinton,  Bush senior more than jr, but jr quickly lived up to his name) that get a vice president who is in fact life insurance, i.e. nobody in the establishment would want that VP to take over. Bush jr was apparently considered a loose cannon, initially.... Now what about super-insider Obama...... who could now get practically his third term without even having to try to pretend to be "American" any more.... via his life insurance.

Obama III.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1

3 hours ago, El Nikko said:

How on earth is it possible that Trump wasn't in communication with his own VP in the run up to the 6th? How could he have not know that Pence wouldn't send the dual slates back to the legislators which is what he should have done.

Pence's office issued a release that he would not attempt to throw out electoral votes from states that supported Joe Biden for president. https://www.vox.com/2021/1/6/22217226/pence-electoral-votes-biden-trump-count

On top of that, Trump's election lawyer Parlered(?) that the rioters should kill Pence first, before targeting the Democrats. I would believe that Pence and his family were in a bunker realising that Trump wanted him dead.

image.thumb.png.f52a3a04816de1dd53db2caee7e778c4.png

23 minutes ago, Geoff Guenther said:

Pence's office issued a release that he would not attempt to throw out electoral votes from states that supported Joe Biden for president. https://www.vox.com/2021/1/6/22217226/pence-electoral-votes-biden-trump-count

On top of that, Trump's election lawyer Parlered(?) that the rioters should kill Pence first, before targeting the Democrats. I would believe that Pence and his family were in a bunker realising that Trump wanted him dead.

Wow.  What an idiot.  And, yes, it is wildly apparent that he did in fact post that, and has since admitted it and weakly tried to defend his words:

did lin wood say "get the firing squads ready"?

Meanwhile, just to keep the readers abroad up to date on developments inside the USA,  I would report that Vermont's own Middlebury College, which prides itself on intellectual discourse and rational introspection, is now about to "revoke" the honorary diploma of Doctor of Laws it bestowed on Rudy Giuliani, the lunatic private lawyer of Mr. Trump who so famously suggested "trial by combat" to determine the next presidential office-holder.  Those who lived in New York, especially the minorities that suffered under the "stop and frisk" edicts of Giuliani, presumably are not prepared to step forth as champions  [a "champion" is a surrogate who steps forth to take the principal's place in a trial by combat, according to the rules of the 13th century]. 

And, on a parallel front, Lehigh University over in Pennsylvania, and New York City's own Wagner College (on Staten island) have already revoked the honorary degrees they bestowed on Donald Trump. It would seem that, what the University giveth, the University also taketh away.  Degrees are passing things, nothing permanent about them.  Who knew?

We sure do live in interesting times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Boy, I hope President Trump likes his Secret Service details.  It looks like he will need a yuge one, and possibly for the rest of his life, as is a former President's right (or can that be taken away, too?).  

9 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Boy, I hope President Trump likes his Secret Service details.  It looks like he will need a yuge one, and possibly for the rest of his life, as is a former President's right (or can that be taken away, too?).  

I think he has Obama to thank for that - the irony! Don't think it can be taken away. His 'pension' and travel perks could be taken away if he's impeached again and convicted, if I recall.

2 hours ago, Metalmania said:

Pence is a Sell Out.

I don't know about that.  Who does?  We're not even sure he could do anything.  If you are, please cite the law(s) that cover it.  Sorry, I just can't be for or against on this one.  I have not seen any proof that he could have stopped the electoral count.  Was it really just wishful thinking?  I honestly don't know.

Anyway, I wonder if he'll be able to go back to Indiana any time soon.  If the travels of Lindsey Graham are any indication, I don't think he will.  Not without a full security contingent. 

24 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

We're not even sure he could do anything.

Pence had no authority to derail the confirmation process or the slates of electors.

25 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

I wonder if he'll be able to go back to Indiana any time soon.

The people of Indiana have been disenchanted with Pence as his performance as Governor left much to be desired.  He is not liked in Republican circles in Indiana.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

I know I'm just a lowly and uninformed Canadian, unaware of your issues and with no right to comment on things I see of course, but when I check in on this forum and read a variety of sources, when I read about the actions of Trump and his gang, it brings me to one question:  are any of you getting closer to realizing or currently aware of how absolutely insane all this has become?  I guess I could be more specific, but in reality there are multiple slices of bat-shit crazy here, too numerous to cover.  If you're going to defend what has gone on as the actions of patriots or continue to defend this as it's part of a stolen election, please don't bother.

Edited by UNC12345
adjective
  • Rolling Eye 1

4 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

are any of you getting closer to realizing or currently aware of how absolutely insane all this has become? 

Everybody on this Forum, and pretty much everybody in the USA, recognizes that things have gotten totally out of hand.  So relax, Mr. Canada, the Americans are nowhere as nuts as you think we are.  

But let us put this in perspective.  Back some decades the Front de Liberation du Quebec proceeded to stage a REAL insurrection, including the kidnapping of Pierre Lapointe the labour minister, and killed him, admittedly likely by accident.  Then there was that tunnel episode out on the South Shore where a hideout was built deep underground, so the FLQ had a place to go stash their prisoners in their war with the Feds.  And your Mr. Trudeau the Senior proceeded to declare actual martial law, and put the troops on the streets of Montreal and thousands were rounded up and arrested and imprisoned without charges or trial.  So, I ask you:  which country has had the more insane history:  the raucous USA, or mild-mannered Canada?

Americans are a resilient bunch; they will pull together and come through this.  The politics will remain poisoned until the current batch either dies of old age or retires.  There will be a refreshment of blood. I predict it will take another five election cycles, until the back of Wall Street and their poison on the land is finally broken.  Eventually, another Teddy Roosevelt will come up and out, and the restructuring will begin. Until then, it will be a rough ride. 

Don't sell the Americans short:  I have lived here for several decades and can and do assure you of the inherent basic decency of most of them.  Sure, there are worthless amoral pigs in the USA, but you get that everywhere. I have also lived for 18 years in Canada.  Comparing the two, you do not have any monopoly on decency. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

3 hours ago, Geoff Guenther said:

Hello my simple friend 

You might want to read both posts again because you seem not to understand what I was saying.

Thanks for trying to 'splain' things to me though ;)

Edited by El Nikko

(edited)

4 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Wow.  What an idiot.  And, yes, it is wildly apparent that he did in fact post that, and has since admitted it and weakly tried to defend his words:

did lin wood say "get the firing squads ready"?

Remind me why the US has the 2nd amendment again? I don't think it was intended to stop burglars.

It used to be common for people to talk about stringing up politicians years ago before we had internez outrage over every single thing that came out of someone's mouth.

Meanwhile take a look at Twitter which allows tweets saying hashtag killwhitepeople etc.....The outrage is fake, everyone knows he was being dramatic but it only ever goes one way.

I wouldn't say it though, I live in Soviet Britain...the slippery slope ends up here and much worse

EDIT: Sigh I will have to edit this because there will be at least one retarded idiot that claims I want people to use their 2A to defend against tyranny of government...Hell no I'm a peace loving prisoner of Airstrip One

Edited by El Nikko
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

I don't know about that.  Who does?  We're not even sure he could do anything.  If you are, please cite the law(s) that cover it.  Sorry, I just can't be for or against on this one.  I have not seen any proof that he could have stopped the electoral count.  Was it really just wishful thinking?  I honestly don't know.

Anyway, I wonder if he'll be able to go back to Indiana any time soon.  If the travels of Lindsey Graham are any indication, I don't think he will.  Not without a full security contingent. 

According to constitutional scholars he could have, The VP isn't a king maker obviously and cannot overthrow elections, that would be ridiculous but according to those people he simply had to (and was supposed to?) send them back to the legislators asking they clarify what they intended. I think that should have actually happened either just before Christmas or just after which didn't happen and that was puzzling.

I hope Romney and Graham enjoyed their flights....the effective tactics of the left still work for the 'right' it seems...although unlike the left they will probably end up in prison.

Totally normal

Meanwhile Pompeo is talking and just said Trump admin IS doing blah blah blah

Apparently Pence's page on the US Dept of State also says he is no longer VP LOL

Lol! How strange!

Are you actually on the DOS site, or these are circulating media?

I am on the site and you can't actually search for either Trump or Pence in the biographies list (presumably because they don't actually work for the DOS?), but you can indeed type the urls and get those pages!

An easter egg? :)

Just now, LiamP said:

Lol! How strange!

Are you actually on the DOS site, or these are circulating media?

I am on the site and you can't actually search for either Trump or Pence in the biographies list (presumably because they don't actually work for the DOS?), but you can indeed type the urls and get those pages!

An easter egg? :)

I took those screenshots myself from the URLs and yes I couldn't find them in the biographies list either!

God only knows what is going on

• Like 1

Trump page not working now! Cleaning up after a naughty prank maybe :)

Pence still working

Just now, LiamP said:

Trump page not working now! Cleaning up after a naughty prank maybe :)

Pence still working

No idea about this one...might be a troll but it's still very very funny 

photo_2021-01-11_20-29-18 (2).jpg

• Haha 1

I have some good news that everyone can appreciate at least

Ron Paul has been banned from Facebook.

Finally, after years......It's actually HAPPENING!!!!!

cvbcbc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

2 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

No idea about this one...might be a troll but it's still very very funny 

photo_2021-01-11_20-29-18 (2).jpg

Ha ha - what's the url for that one?