Dan Warnick

U.S. Presidential Elections Status - Electoral Votes

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, LiamP said:

Wow I had no idea Spitting Image was back! Loosing touch with the UK.

Not right, not left, not bipartisan. Is apartisan a word? They'll just roast everyone. As it should be! :) Fantastic.

It seems ITV producers are allowed to take the p1ss out of both sides of the political spectrum. 

If it was the BBC it would have just been Trump and Johnson. The DNC and Labour party would be off limits. 

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

. Twitter going down by over 20% in stock price and 50% in users,

Looks like normal market volatility, look at the 5 year graph.  

Zero chance they lost 50% of users because of Trump (they operate internationally).

twitter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, NickW said:

It seems ITV producers are allowed to take the p1ss out of both sides of the political spectrum. 

If it was the BBC it would have just been Trump and Johnson. The DNC and Labour party would be off limits. 

Are the Beeb that bad nowadays? I always saw them being accused of being left by the right and being right by the left, which in my book meant they were doing a good enough job of trying to stay balanced! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, NickW said:

Another interesting outlook on the Trump presidency

 

 

Us presidents and their wars.jpg

He still has 3+ ongoing wars (Syria, Yemen, Libya, WoD, WoT) he just didn't start new wars unless you count trade wars.

 

Edited by Symmetry
  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LiamP said:

Are the Beeb that bad nowadays? I always saw them being accused of being left by the right and being right by the left, which in my book meant they were doing a good enough job of trying to stay balanced! 

Wactched a BBC Live at the Apollo thing a few years back.

Fat, ugly, 30 something woman. Jokes simply an alternation between Trump and Brexit and periodically remind us she is a Lesbian

It was about as funny as a severe case of shingles. 

More than happy to hear jokes about Trump but they need to be funny and not a repeat of the same joke over again and would be nice to hear some balance- as you say an apartisan approach

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Symmetry said:

He still has 3+ ongoing wars (Syria, Yemen, Libya, WoD, WoT) he just didn't start new wars unless you count trade wars.

 

Syria has been massively cranked down and he didn't take the USA into WW3 territory like Hilderbeast wanted to by imposing a no fly zone over Syria and going head to head with Russia (who were there by the Syrian govts invitation).

While I have a lot of criticisms of Trump the above is one singular overwhelming reason that I am glad he won in 2016 instead of that witch. 

The USA plays no real part in the Yemen war. Iraq the presence is now downgraded to training, some intelligence and occasional bit of convert ops work. 

  • Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

However, the Trump fan-club on this forum would likely label you a "socialist"

Actually, no. 

To do so would be to label the ideas of the CEO's and their shareholders of all the auto companies of the 1950's to be socialists.  

I remind you that Eisenhower was the first to propose single-payer universal health care.  That was a mainstream Republican platform proposal in 1956. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For every year Trump was president, China overtaking the USA as the worlds major economy has been brought forward by one and a quarter years. Impressive stuff.

  • Rolling Eye 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 hours ago, LiamP said:

The joke is that when God tells the Republicans in heaven 'it was not rigged', instead of accepting that just maybe it really wasn't rigged, they double down and conclude even God is in on the conspiracy.

I chuckled. I think it's quite true for some folk, too!

I understand that. But shouldn't they double down in God affected by the mainstream? I thought these 2 Republicans were in conspiracy side, that is why they questioned God about the election. If they believed mainstream 100% then there wouldn't even ask God about that, they would think "the election wasn't rigged" is fact, not conspiracy.

Edited by SUZNV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, turbguy said:

The combination of grief followed by anger typically has a disastrous outcome.

This is anger personified. Thank goodness Biden is protected by these troops! 

741A699D-F74D-443F-A0BF-9349C1679EE7.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

I remind you that Eisenhower was the first to propose single-payer universal health care.  That was a mainstream Republican platform proposal in 1956. 

And what a great idea it was!

Eisenhower had seen firsthand just how much devastation had been meted out by the war. 

On their knees in humility and poverty, next to hunger, the UK chose a national health care system.

In the bloom of a recovery, the U.S. chose the VA system, which has struggled ever since. 

Eisenhower also warned about the looming "military-industrial complex," which worried him mightily. 

He was right on both counts: we monetized both war and medicine. 

Mr. Van Eck is a student of history, Rasmus. Humanitarian, yes. Socialist, no. 

As a humanitarian you create jobs and build dignity. As a socialist you redistribute wealth willy-nilly and create resentment.   

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

As a humanitarian you create jobs and build dignity. As a socialist you redistribute wealth willy-nilly and create resentment.

I once had an interesting discussion with a psychologist/psychotherapist on this very subject.  He made a fascinating observation:   "Dependency fosters rage."   Although he said it in the context of adult children continuing to take money, gobs of it, from their family members, rather than go out and work for a living, it remains true for societies as well.  There is nothing like having a job to focus the mind.

Lesson: never create an enabler society.  It will lead to ruin. 

When the Clintonistas and those supposedly bright MBA kids go and dismantle the US factories and ship the jobs to Asia, what they forget is that then you create a society that is ripe for outbreaks of rage.   And that is what you are seeing now. 

And now you know why I refuse to hire those MBA types.  They will bring ruin to your enterprise. And your community. 

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

I understand that. But shouldn't they double down in God affected by the mainstream? I thought these 2 Republicans were in conspiracy side, that is why they questioned God about the election. If they believed mainstream 100% then there wouldn't even ask God about that, they would think "the election wasn't rigged" is fact, not conspiracy.

Exactly - the two Republicans, along with many others right now, believe there is an evil Dem/Deep State conspiracy to rig the election. It must go pretty high up - at least all the way to the FBI, SCOTUS since they wont investigate or prosecute it.

So the two Republicans pass away and go to heaven. Still with the conspiracy front and centre on their minds, despite all the heavenly glory to sample, they decide to ask God about the conspiracy. Completely sure the conspiracy is true, they don't even ask God 'is it true or not', but just go straight in with 'how did they pull it off. They are expecting God, being omniscient and the ultimate arbiter of truth, to tell them how it all went down.

However to their surprise God answers that the election wasnt rigged - there was no conspiracy. Now many people on hearing God's truth from God himself would accept it and realise they'd been wrong about the conspiracy all this time. The joke here is these Republicans are so convinced and so deeply committed to the conspiracy that instead of considering they were wrong, they conclude the conspiracy has gone so high that even God himself is in on it and lying to them.

Ha ha ha? I think at this stage you're just not gonna find it funny anyway! :) Don't worry about it - I can't even speak a second language, let alone get the jokes. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, LiamP said:

Exactly - the two Republicans, along with many others right now, believe there is an evil Dem/Deep State conspiracy to rig the election. It must go pretty high up - at least all the way to the FBI, SCOTUS since they wont investigate or prosecute it.

So the two Republicans pass away and go to heaven. Still with the conspiracy front and centre on their minds, despite all the heavenly glory to sample, they decide to ask God about the conspiracy. Completely sure the conspiracy is true, they don't even ask God 'is it true or not', but just go straight in with 'how did they pull it off. They are expecting God, being omniscient and the ultimate arbiter of truth, to tell them how it all went down.

However to their surprise God answers that the election wasnt rigged - there was no conspiracy. Now many people on hearing God's truth from God himself would accept it and realise they'd been wrong about the conspiracy all this time. The joke here is these Republicans are so convinced and so deeply committed to the conspiracy that instead of considering they were wrong, they conclude the conspiracy has gone so high that even God himself is in on it and lying to them.

Ha ha ha? I think at this stage you're just not gonna find it funny anyway! :) Don't worry about it - I can't even speak a second language, let alone get the jokes. :)

If you have to explain the joke.........

@SUZNV comprehension skills are not a problem as far as I have ever seen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Dependency fosters rage."   Although he said it in the context of adult children continuing to take money, gobs of it, from their family members, rather than go out and work for a living, it remains true for societies as well.

  There is nothing like having a job to focus the mind.

Lesson: never create an enabler society.  It will lead to ruin. 

Yes Mr van Eck that could not have been said better, it resonates the rage today we see within the US black community. Their are times when my anger flashes seeing how a few in the D party inflamed those passions. All the young children that once again will have to relieve the past. 

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and then:

 

Clipboard01.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, turbguy said:

I do not believe that President Trump is an "Orange Clown".  There is no need to stoop to calling names here.  I respect him to be quite intelligent and a really great fighter.  Almost as if he was from Queens (oops!).  His unfortunate manner and apparent self-centeredness actually puts me off in a visceral manner. So does Pelosi, BTW.

As to those that believe he is worthy of continued support, I am reminded that:

"What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away".

 

I'm sure Clown appreciates it.  He's got one for anyone who doesn't bend the knee or disagrees with him.  Certainly he deserves one too - no?.  I cant think of a better name.

And a great fighter?  Well I will just say great fighters don't lose.  Using Clown logic, John McCain was not a war hero because he was captured and became a POW.  So by Orange Clown logic, Clown can hardly be called a "great fighter" since he lost.   A great fighter wins and Clown had more votes against him than any other President in history.  That makes him a HUGE luuuuuzer!  In fact I would say a great luuuuuzer. 

I will say he TRIES HARD...but he only gets the 2nd place award which by the way is last place - for which the prize is a nothingburger.  But he can probably start shopping for a nice orange jumpsuit.  Melania can pick one out for him.  Wonder if he got one for Christmas?          

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, 6ACFC0 said:

 

 

1 hour ago, 6ACFC0 said:

I'm sure Clown appreciates it.  He's got one for anyone who doesn't bend the knee or disagrees with him.  Certainly he deserves one too - no?.  I cant think of a better name.

There's no need to act or speak as he might do.  While it might make one feel better, it does nothing productive, IMO.

 

Edited by turbguy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, waltz said:

This is exactly the problem, the policies enacted by populists lead to disaster to the economy.  Argentina is in the mist of defaulting yet again, for at least the ninth time I believe.  The policies that the US seems on the brink of enacting will have the same affect, socialism clearly will not work either.  I leave you with two links that exemplify the problems that Peronism have wrought on Argentina.

 

https://www.americasquarterly.org/article/after-the-default-argentinas-unsustainable-20-80-economy/

 

https://www.americasquarterly.org/article/the-closing-of-an-airport-as-a-symbol-of-argentinas-troubles/

 

                waltz

               

The policies enacted by most populists are socialist in nature.. That is not what Trump did, not what he proposed. He squarely identified Chinese mercantile practices subsidies for strategic monopolies industrial sabotage and espionage and IP theft as damaging to Americans and their companies. He also identified the myriad US socialist environmental taxation and regulatory actions as detrimental to the balance of capital to labor such that labor share of production is smaller than it would have been otherwise. 

While Trump has populist outcomes in mind, he is not practicing or promoting socialism to achieve them. Quite the opposite, he promotes more free markets and dismantling of barriers to competition and monopolistic practices that have gone unchecked. 

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LiamP said:

Exactly - the two Republicans, along with many others right now, believe there is an evil Dem/Deep State conspiracy to rig the election. It must go pretty high up - at least all the way to the FBI, SCOTUS since they wont investigate or prosecute it.

So the two Republicans pass away and go to heaven. Still with the conspiracy front and centre on their minds, despite all the heavenly glory to sample, they decide to ask God about the conspiracy. Completely sure the conspiracy is true, they don't even ask God 'is it true or not', but just go straight in with 'how did they pull it off. They are expecting God, being omniscient and the ultimate arbiter of truth, to tell them how it all went down.

However to their surprise God answers that the election wasnt rigged - there was no conspiracy. Now many people on hearing God's truth from God himself would accept it and realise they'd been wrong about the conspiracy all this time. The joke here is these Republicans are so convinced and so deeply committed to the conspiracy that instead of considering they were wrong, they conclude the conspiracy has gone so high that even God himself is in on it and lying to them.

Ha ha ha? I think at this stage you're just not gonna find it funny anyway! :) Don't worry about it - I can't even speak a second language, let alone get the jokes. :)

The reality of it is that the republicans actually didn't make it to heaven but to hell. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

To do so would be to label the ideas of the CEO's and their shareholders of all the auto companies of the 1950's to be socialists.  

I remind you that Eisenhower was the first to propose single-payer universal health care.  That was a mainstream Republican platform proposal in 1956. 

Jan, 

I never doubt that you are rigth. And I know that you are not a socialist. However, if we are getting academic about it then the term socialist is being misused by Trump and his cheerleaders. But even that was not my point - no, my point was that the polarization of American society is certainly not helping your cause. And from the outside looking in Trump has increased polarization, not decreased it. 

That's all. 

@Gerry Maddoux - this is what I meant with my comment. Unfortunately I am too busy, but I hope one day to find the time to discuss why socialism is not a bad word. Wrong application of it is. But so is many other things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

And what a great idea it was!

Eisenhower had seen firsthand just how much devastation had been meted out by the war. 

On their knees in humility and poverty, next to hunger, the UK chose a national health care system.

In the bloom of a recovery, the U.S. chose the VA system, which has struggled ever since. 

Eisenhower also warned about the looming "military-industrial complex," which worried him mightily. 

He was right on both counts: we monetized both war and medicine. 

Mr. Van Eck is a student of history, Rasmus. Humanitarian, yes. Socialist, no. 

As a humanitarian you create jobs and build dignity. As a socialist you redistribute wealth willy-nilly and create resentment.   

I consider myself a humanitarian & and a social liberalist. I do however, also disagree with your above statement. It is entirely possible to have socialist views whilst at the same time believing in capitalism. Let's be clear - what we have today is not a free market. It is a perversion of Adam Smiths vision. And knowing that it is unfair to make claims like yours against other isms. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2021 at 9:54 AM, 0R0 said:

Anybody in DC to confirm what is going on in DC?

There is rumor that military checkpoints include people leaving - not just entering. Someone pointed out that the razor wire on the Capitol fence is facing inwards, Is this military operation, now building to 25k Natl guard and 5k marines having been air lifted into DC intending to protect DC? or to contain it? Cel phone and radio jamming is on throughout DC and the Signal app is disabled there. 

Tiananmen USA ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

7 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

But even that was not my point - no, my point was that the polarization of American society is certainly not helping your cause. And from the outside looking in Trump has increased polarization, not decreased it. 

(Sorry Rasmus, I know you directed this at Jan, but you've presented an opportunity for visual evidence to be presented)

I would argue that Conservatives in America, including Trump, are far more willing to compromise on issues of import than the Left/Progressives.  Think how many times members here have said things like "No, oil and gas should not be shut off on a hard deadline and replaced with a renewable plan that is just not ready.  With technology that is not there yet.  That still costs too much, and that cost is still passed on to the consumers."  This type of compromise is offered up with each of the matters of "great import" that the Left/Progressives tell us we HAVE TO DO NOW, OR ELSE!  You say that approach further divides?  I say that the Left/Progressives, with their empty statements of compromise and their proven un-willingness to compromise are what drives the wedge deeper and deeper, day by day, over and over again.

Video representation, for your viewing pleasure (Length of video = 9:42):

 

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Socialism will never work in this world:

1 Will have a sustainable source of honest and "for the world" politicians to not use their power for themselves. There is no such a sustainable political system to filter the fake ones out and we need every in power politicians for that. How? From the voters who are imperfect and following the herd themselves?

2 People greed, they want to shine, make more money, have more time to enjoy life, live longer, feeling themselves special, dating, eat tasty food, travelling and more when they have all of that. That is how we have wars, economies, trading systems since ancient time. Productivity, many time because of the hardship of wars, drive industry evolutions. It can be a few greed people can make the system corrupted gradually an turn most of people in that society into greedy.  Any Buddhism land  fell apart starting with a few. 

And all of them to trust each other and not afraid of death. I have not seen many people like that but the hermits who go to forest or some very faithful simple life religion practitioner.

And it requires  the whole world, rich or poor countries share the same philosophy. Otherwise greed will make on stronger and enslave others. Tibet was a great example. 

3 The author of the book: Marx, had a good starting point, an elite wife and he had children with her maid too, was no where can compare himself with any hermit. Later on he was in poverty and depended on his uncle, wife, friends ( in the form of royalties ) for a living and retirement (sponsored by Engel). Most of the time he wrote his book was in the tavern while drinking. Of course he hated capitalism and promote socialism, such a hateful life. 

Extreme capitalism (crony capitalism) or socialism will lead to a majority of poor class working for élite ruling class. Socialism is hand in hand with Crony capitalism, not a cure to Crony Capitalism. Western countries are where we are now because the political system are staying in the middle, for the middle class, individualism.

Socialism sounds more like a religion to me, with the promising of Utopia right in this human society. It is cannot from the people who take things for granted, no appreciation of what they have, and don't bother to give away their leisure time to contribute to their country.

Human did have socialism system at the time when there were not enough food for anyone to accumulate or trade, no politician, no land owner, no banking. But they were not happy with that and started everything.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.