Dan Warnick

U.S. Presidential Elections Status - Electoral Votes

(edited)

47 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

If they were involved in the kind of fraud I and so many others suspect, then the outcome would be a treason trial or tribunal. Sentence could very well be execution. Though I doubt the election board level would deserve that fate. That is simply the law and not an extreme or extremist position. 

The USAToday writer is not shaking off the self aggrandizing role taught to modern journalists that they are carrying out the Marxist change, thus they don't need facts when they don't promote the desired Marxist outcomes, their original role as purveyors of facts, particularly hard to swallow ones that some are making great efforts to hide, that is lost on the profession. 

The radicalization is not on the part of people wanting to see the law carried out, but among those who want their desired political outcomes even if they are entirely illegal at the most basic level and are achieved by utterly criminal means. 

Indeed, a Decatur IL sheriff had to wait two years to get a stolen election overturned. One of Warren Buffet's sons, Howard, withdrew his candidacy to be fair to the real winner. 

https://www.wandtv.com/news/howard-buffett-suspends-campaign-for-macon-county-sheriff/article_82a49656-cbd8-11eb-ba6b-671c51b8388f.html

https://www.sheriff-macon-il.us/index.html

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Indeed, a Decatur IL sheriff had to wait two years to get a stolen election overturned. One of Warren Buffet's sons, Howard, withdrew his candidacy to be fair to the real winner. 

https://www.wandtv.com/news/howard-buffett-suspends-campaign-for-macon-county-sheriff/article_82a49656-cbd8-11eb-ba6b-671c51b8388f.html

Nice find! @turbguy there's your answer, billionaires always win

• Like 1

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Nice find! @turbguy there's your answer, billionaires always win

Buffet was not the original competitor who was declared the winner. It was a Black cadidate who served two years. He was wrongly declared winner by a few votes in a questionable recount. Howard Buffet is a great guy that has done wonderful things for Decatur.

Edited by ronwagn
add

(edited)

I did not see any evidence of a "stolen election overturned" in that article. 

Did you?

Also, Mr. Buffet only announced he was running about a month earlier than the date of the article, and was thus not part of the dispute.  He did not play any part in this dispute.

It was a really close election, too...

https://capitolfax.com/2021/06/02/2018-macon-county-sheriffs-race-still-in-dispute-as-incumbent-readies-appeal/

Gee that took, maybe 2 minutes to find on Google.

Edited by turbguy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Did you?

Also, Mr. Buffet only announced he was running about a month earlier than the date of the article, and was thus not part of the dispute.  He did not play any part in this dispute.

https://capitolfax.com/2021/06/02/2018-macon-county-sheriffs-race-still-in-dispute-as-incumbent-readies-appeal/

"Justice delayed is justice denied". Two and a half years and now an appeal! Our courts are too often corrupt and or inefficient. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

"Justice delayed is justice denied". Two and a half years and now an appeal! Our courts are too often corrupt and or inefficient. 

And how frequently did #45 use those same tactics, recognizing the Justice system can be quite slow.

Surprised to hear that Mr. Buffet was a prior acting Sheriff of the county...

• Rolling Eye 1

26 minutes ago, turbguy said:

And how frequently did #45 use those same tactics, recognizing the Justice system can be quite slow.

Surprised to hear that Mr. Buffet was a prior acting Sheriff of the county...

Name one time President Trump used delayed justice tactics. I'm all ears. 

Sorry in my previous post I neglected to use the proper tongue in cheek font. 🧐

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

You'd be lying if you said you and others (and you're the least guilty) engaged in the same behavior you're now complaining about. Here's the nightmare. November 3rd tens of millions of Americans went to bed believing we lived in a democracy, but woke up to find we aren't. I'll be polite and Just post the link, but if your response shows you never even read it, I'll just copy and paste the whole thing here like happened above. The "insurrection" is now looking to be a 100% inside job, and everyone was in on it, including the Congress critters with their emails to each other the day before it happened talking about it in the past tense. That guy with the horn costume is dressed as a character from the Simpson's cartoon and I pointed it out on this site months ago. All kabuki theater. I'm not as sanguine as @0R0 I don't trust anyone in this mess. But I can point out the hypocrites and the lies as I go along. And call you a hypocrite for complaining about everything Trump, while ignoring everything Xiden. He says Ukraine is corrupt? Was that before or after his son was on the board of directors of their largest enterprise? 

5AAF6D80-8A7D-4F98-809B-844F55E7A8F0.png

gatewaypundit.com, aka disinformation highway

No wonder you guys are so out of touch with reality,

2 hours ago, surrept33 said:

gatewaypundit.com, aka disinformation highway

No wonder you guys are so out of touch with reality,

How many ways, and how many times do we need to prove that your sources are the disinformation? Latest proof , but let's not forget the admission they lied in the Time article I posted here months ago. You're being lied to every day by your beloved MSM. Only a dwindling still follow them, figures you'd be part of that. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

How many ways, and how many times do we need to prove that your sources are the disinformation? Latest proof , but let's not forget the admission they lied in the Time article I posted here months ago. You're being lied to every day by your beloved MSM. Only a dwindling still follow them, figures you'd be part of that. 

How many times has gatewaypundit been 'right'?

Even other conservative media disavow them.

It's fringy at best "news".

The people who read this fringe tend to be in some sort of echo chamber living in some alternate reality, anyways:

From the WaPo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/what-is-gateway-pundit-the-conspiracy-hawking-site-at-the-center-of-the-bogus-florida-crisis-actors-hype/2018/02/23/dded562a-174e-11e8-b681-2d4d462a1921_story.html

The bloodshed had barely ended in Parkland, Fla., last week when the Gateway Pundit added its own unique take on the students who had quickly become media-friendly gun-control advocates.

“EXPOSED,” read its headline. “School Shooting Survivor Turned Activist David Hogg’s Father in FBI, Appears To Have Been Coached On Anti-Trump Lines.” It later doubled down, asserting — without any evidence to support it — that operatives linked to liberal billionaire George Soros had “selected anti-Trump kids to be the face” of the massacre.

The stories helped spread a debunked conspiracy theory about the students being paid “crisis actors.” This was a few days after the site initially claimed that the suspected shooter was “a registered Democrat.” A few hours later, it realized it had zeroed in on the wrong Nikolas Cruz but soft-pedaled its correction, merely amending its story to say he wasn’t a Democrat, as “some sources had reported” — a group that seemed to include news sites that had cited Gateway Pundit’s story.

Gateway Pundit didn’t stop there. Reporter Lucian Wintrich, who wrote the Parkland stories, took to Twitter to denounce the protesting students as “little pricks.”

The take-no-prisoners approach — not to mention the conspiratorial tone and dubious assertions — has been the trademark of Gateway Pundit since its founding by a former corporate executive named Jim Hoft in 2004. Despite this, its influence has grown both among the fringe right and more mainstream conservatives. In 2016, it championed Donald Trump’s candidacy; Wintrich eventually received White House press credentials in the new Trump administration.

Hoft — who declined an in-person interview and only responded briefly to questions via email — rejected the label often applied to his creation: far right. The term, he said, is “used by Democrats and far left media to smear anyone who opposes the leftist narrative.”

He also dismissed the idea that his site has spread falsehoods. “Our track record is comparable or better than mainstream media,” he wrote. For example? “We didn’t fall for the false Trump-Russia collusion scandal.”

Yet even some Trump supporters have found Hoft and TGP, as it sometimes calls itself, a bit too hot to handle. Hoft, 56, was set to appear this week on a panel at the Conservative Political Action Conference convention outside Washington when the panel’s sponsor, the American Principles Project, objected to his presence because of TGP’s posts on the Florida students.

The removal of Hoft had an ironic undertone; the theme of the panel was “the suppression of conservative views on social media.”

Hoft says he found the sponsor’s demand that he be sidelined “outrageous.” He added, “They smeared me worse than liberal haters.”

And yet Gateway Pundit — the name refers to Hoft’s home base, St. Louis — has a track record of stirring up controversy and generating clicks with a number of stories that quickly fell apart.

TGP misidentified the shooter at a Las Vegas concert in October in which 58 people were shot to death. The post, written by Hoft’s twin brother, Joe, carried the headline, “Las Vegas Shooter Reportedly a Democrat Who Liked Rachel Maddow, MoveOn.org and Associated with Anti-Trump Army” — details gleaned from the Facebook page of a man whom, it turned out, had no connection to the shooting whatsoever. Hoft says the story was only on its site for a few minutes before it was removed and that a liberal watchdog group “caught the mistake and spread it around to liberal media where it made headlines for days.”

Gateway was also among a handful of right-leaning sites that incorrectly identified a Michigan man as the driver of the car that killed a woman who was protesting a neo-Nazi march in Charlottesville in August. Although Hoft pulled the story after only a few minutes, the man and his father have filed a defamation suit, naming Jim Hoft among the defendants.

When The Washington Post reported allegations in early November that Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore had molested a 14-year-old girl in the late 1970s, Gateway Pundit quickly took up Moore’s defense. It seized upon a single tweet from an obscure, unverified account that claimed, without evidence, that the newspaper had paid his accusers for their recollections. It hadn’t.

What distinguishes Gateway from other right-leaning sites such as Breitbart.com is that “the bar for what they’ll publish is just lower,” said Will Sommer, an editor for the Hill newspaper who edits Right Richter, a blog about conservative media. Even so, he said, it is relatively more respectable than the conspiracy-peddling site Infowars, which increases TGP’s influence among other conservative sites.

“By this point,” Sommer said, “plenty of people know not to take an Infowars story at face value. But Gateway Pundit doesn’t have that similar reputation for publishing bogus stories, even though they should.”

In fact, beyond its direct reach — it attracted 2.75 million unique visitors in January, according to the tracking firm ComScore — TGP is an influential part of an “insulated” right-wing media ecosystem of sites that rely almost exclusively on each other for web traffic and sourcing, according to a study led by Harvard law professor and Internet scholar Yochai Benkler.

During the 2016 campaign, the site was among the most frequently shared media sources on Twitter and Facebook among Trump followers, far more than mainstream news outlets, the study found. Although somewhat less influential than Breitbart or Fox News, it was among a group that includes the Daily Caller, the Washington Examiner and Infowars.

This interconnected web of news outlets was able to intensify Trump’s campaign themes and agenda — his immigration proposals and his attacks on Hillary Clinton generally — and helped push them further into public discussions, the study said.

“What we find in our data is a network of mutually-reinforcing hyper-partisan sites that revive what Richard Hofstadter called ‘the paranoid style in American politics,’ combining decontextualized truths, repeated falsehoods, and leaps of logic to create a fundamentally misleading view of the world,” the study’s authors wrote. “By repetition, variation, and circulation through many associated sites, the network of sites make their claims familiar to readers, and this fluency with the core narrative gives credence to the incredible.” The Harvard study accorded special status to Gateway Pundit, saying it was “in a class of its own.”

Indeed, Wintrich’s controversial post about David Hogg — the Parkland student activist who is indeed the son of a retired FBI agent but scoffs at the notion he needed coaching to express his opinion — quickly made its way through the conservative media ecosystem after it was published by Gateway. One America News Network, a conservative cable TV channel, picked it up, and Gateway’s video of Hogg became a top post on a Reddit channel devoted to Trump. True Pundit, a hyperpartisan site, also did a version of it.

Despite the criticism of the story, Hoft stands by it and Wintrich. “Let your readers decide if it is accurate or not,” he said.

Such reporting, Hoft asserts, is the kind that will enable Gateway Pundit to someday earn a new title: “America’s favorite news website.”

Edited by surrept33
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, surrept33 said:

How many times has gatewaypundit been 'right'?

Even other conservative media disavow them.

It's fringy at best "news".

The people who read this fringe tend to be in some sort of echo chamber living in some alternate reality, anyways:

From the WaPo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/what-is-gateway-pundit-the-conspiracy-hawking-site-at-the-center-of-the-bogus-florida-crisis-actors-hype/2018/02/23/dded562a-174e-11e8-b681-2d4d462a1921_story.html

You quote the Washington comPost? How many times have they been right? I'll go with what is 1% Alex. There's never any question of whether the comPost is wrong, just How long until they're caught. This the hill you want to die on, really? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Elections can be overturned. Starts when you find a judge willing to follow the law. Admittedly rare in this country today. The WCBI link inside previous article has more details. 

Ruling the election void and doing it again would not get trump elected. Biden would just win again.

Trumps popularity is so low now his own wife didn't attend his birthday party (nor did anybody else of significance).

• Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

39 minutes ago, -trance said:

Ruling the election void and doing it again would not get trump elected. Biden would just win again.

Trumps popularity is so low now his own wife didn't attend his birthday party (nor did anybody else of significance).

Your comPost just showed up, same bug different day. Normally I just keep ignoring you but this Was too good to resist yeah, Gibberish Joe just called President Putin, "President Trump". Just like your tiny little mind, Trump is also living rent free in what's left of Xiden's brain. Given that Xiden is infinitely smarter than you, I'm sure he has your vote. Thinking, living humans? Not so much

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Inefficient for sure. Too often corrupt, is hyperbolic, corruption in the judiciary is rare, corruption in prosecutors/defense lawyers is more often the case.

Those ads you see around election claiming near perfect conviction rates (90% or more) for prosecutors just proved they cherry picked winning cases. Hard cases to prove are not pursued, so they don't negatively impact prosecutorial batting averages. That alone is a form of corruption.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Inefficient for sure. Too often corrupt, is hyperbolic, corruption in the judiciary is rare, corruption in prosecutors/defense lawyers is more often the case.

Those ads you see around election claiming near perfect conviction rates (90% or more) for prosecutors just proved they cherry picked winning cases. Hard cases to prove are not pursued, so they don't negatively impact prosecutorial batting averages. That alone is a form of corruption.

I don't recall ever being informed of any prosecutors batting average. My only concern is if they are handing down hard time to guilty people. If the prosecutors haven't convinced the jury that is on them. 

I am very concerned with appellate courts that are highly politicized and that do not respect the constitution of their state or the American constitution. I have heard of a judge telling a lawyer that if he mentions the constitution one more time he would be thrown in jail.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, turbguy said:

Did you?

Gee that took, maybe 2 minutes to find on Google.

When a winner is apparent and then a bunch of votes just show up, that calls for an automatic investigation and a recount.  That is what should have happened. As I said "Justice delayed is justice denied", that seems to be of very little importance to you. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

When a winner is apparent and then a bunch of votes just show up, that calls for an automatic investigation and a recount.  That is what should have happened. As I said "Justice delayed is justice denied", that seems to be of very little importance to you. 

Justice delayed is justice delayed, and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Not to you anyway, but you are an exception it seems.

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

Not to you anyway, but you are an exception it seems.

That's the way it works.

Just now, turbguy said:

That's the way it works.

And you seem to think that is not a problem. 

Just now, ronwagn said:

And you seem to think that is not a problem. 

That's the way it works.

• Rolling Eye 1

2 hours ago, turbguy said:

So the bank robber owns the money once he is out the bank door, as justice delays through the time of opportunity to provide no relief or compensation. Justice delayed is indeed justice denied. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1