Dan Warnick

U.S. Presidential Elections Status - Electoral Votes

11 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Reading comprehension required, he said Edison charged "$29k per state precinct". You buggered that into a precinct in a state called Edison? I leave both of these here so people can see just what a PhD from, where was it, Chicago? Is worth. 

Hmmm... that isn't what you said the first time, you said I made up the word precinct and that he hadn't used it. Can we have some consistency please?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Reading comprehension required, he said Edison charged "$29k per state precinct". You buggered that into a precinct in a state called Edison? I leave both of these here so people can see just what a PhD from, where was it, Chicago? Is worth. 

Ohh it just a age/skill set thing....selective hearing is well known phenomenon...it appears selective comprehension runs in the same vane. And then their is the opinion clause...i truly enjoy that particular clause...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

And then their is the opinion clause...i truly enjoy that particular clause...

It can have a certain musical air about it...

• Haha 2

Edison website right on the page I linked

Vote Count

The NEP provides media organizations with real-time vote results in all 50 states for statewide races, ballot initiatives and House races. The NEP vote count from Edison Research is the only service continuously updated after Election Day. We track every vote until results are certified by all states. Vote count data is available for statewide results, vote by Congressional District, county vote data breakouts for statewide races, and all U.S. House races.

The fastest and most complete vote results

Multiple sources allow Edison Research to provide faster reporting of vote data than any other organization.

But because some people here can't read, won't read, or can't comprehend what they read, here's some more info

Edison explained for dummies, that's you Jay Dee

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Vote Count

The NEP provides media organizations with real-time vote results in all 50 states for statewide races, ballot initiatives and House races. The NEP vote count from Edison Research is the only service continuously updated after Election Day. We track every vote until results are certified by all states. Vote count data is available for statewide results, vote by Congressional District, county vote data breakouts for statewide races, and all U.S. House races.

Multiple sources allow Edison Research to provide faster reporting of vote data than any other organization.

But because some people here can't read, won't read, or can't comprehend what they read, here's some more info

It is fantastic, Ward.  

You saw it here, first, folks!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I had determined to stay above the fray but when I read these gleeful little quips from the, what, the "Biden Camp," I have to wonder: what exactly is it that you're so excited about? 

Joe Biden was clearly the poorest candidate in the history of presidential elections. He was bereft of charisma or talent, absent of history, and most importantly, clearly in cognitive decline. Under cover of a pandemic, he was kept in the basement of his home, learning historical facts that most of us here already know, reciting sharp little quips and jabs, trying to get it all together. We saw with our own eyes tens of thousands of people at the Trump rallies in such places as Kenosha and Lansing, then a frail, mentally lapsed Joe Biden holler at a few cars at his rallies and they pathetically honked back. 

After that amazing dichotomy we're supposed to believe that this poor wretch, this wisp of a man, this forgetter of Mitt Romney's name (the, the, you know, the Mormon man), actually won the most votes in presidential history? When voting irregularity after voting irregularity was pointed out and taken to court, Democrat-run courts refused to hear the allegations. The Supreme Court--that great and grand arbiter of fairness--refused to even sign a denial of record. This could well go down as their greatest mistake since the Dred Scott Decision, which by the way has yet to be reversed by the SC. 

But what I wonder about most is what you glib fellows, you handy-with-the-word men, really think you have to celebrate. Is the getting rid of a president who is hard to love but produced one victory after another for the United States of America and for the world? Was it worth the subterfuge to get such a man out of office? And what do you propose to replace him with? A Manchurian Candidate, one whose son enriched himself massively doing deals with companies with ties to the Chinese Communist Party? 

Maybe you don't believe that, and that is clearly your right. But get this: Hunter Biden joined up at age 43. He had to get his first waiver because of his age, but he stated clearly that he wanted to become involved in "naval intelligence." He had to get a second waiver because of a history of cocaine use. No one asked then why it was so important to become an expert in naval intelligence. Be that as it may, he became an ensign, only to get promptly bounced out on "administrative" discharge because of failing a cocaine test. Then he became involved with his dead brother's widow, at the same time refusing to assume responsibility for a child born to a stripper--until the DNA test came back positive. It's true, what they say about sins of your father, but it is equally true what they say about sins of your son. Joe Biden isn't his son. But he damn well knew his son was grifting on his coattails, if not benefiting personally from said grifting. 

It is quite possible--if the stories are correct--that we are electing as president the most compromised and corrupt man to ever occupy the chair behind the Resolute desk. It is almost a certainty that he is not cognitively intact. The election is in dispute: roughly 80 million people feel that the election was rigged, and some of them are Independents and Democrats. 

So I ask again, just what is it you're so gleeful about? What exactly about this particular situation leads you to make silly statements that are presupposed to be funny and clever? And that leads me to the next question, just how long do you think this charade can go on? 

I would say weeks to months. And then we are left with the charming Ms. Harris, who was so accomplished that she didn't survive the first debate in the Democrat primary against a dozen of her (clearly superior) peers. This is an oil and gas forum. Many of us have a spiritual and financial attachment to oil and gas. We recognize that some of you do not, have declared fossil fuels evil and the "last buggy whip factory." The rest of us pretty much tolerate that and actually try to learn from you: some of what you say carries some weight. The great wars could not have been won without oil and gas. I would wager than not one of us would be alive were it not for oil and gas--the pharmaceuticals, the surgical equipment, the heat in the winter and the cool in the summer. If oil and gas were to have its collective spigot turned off, the world would go hard and cold and unforgiving. The result would make the Covid pandemic seem like a sore throat. But still we let you spout, and we listen, and then we spout and you should listen. 

I doubt that you would treat us so shabbily if we were conversing over a gin and tonic, and mentioned in passing that we'd lost sleep worrying about Mr. Biden saying that he'd shut down fracking on federal lands the first day in office. It surely hasn't dawned on you that the person you're gloating over just vomited over the statement by Ms. Harris--soon to be President Harris--that she'd ban ALL fracking on the first day in office. Surely it didn't bother you that the livelihood of many of us here depends on oil and gas. And Selva, I'm not blaming you for this mess but I am calling you out to run an oilprice.com forum. You could sometimes open this forum and believe that you'd entered some sort of progressive workshop. We shouldn't all nod our heads the same direction but we shouldn't have to tolerate a giddy in-your-face because of an election of a pathetic candidate either. 

After this, I'm out of here: I can't stand the stench. And the attitude of people from all around the world who inhabit an oil and gas forum to satiate some wanton hunger to hurt someone. But I got off-track. I have to ask you again. 

What are you celebrating? The death of a king? The rise of a corrupt president? Tell me, what is it you're so proud of?

Frame and preserve that post (above) @Selva, if you have the power.  An absolute classic that should be read again and again, from time to time, and often.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I had determined to stay above the fray but when I read these gleeful little quips from the, what, the "Biden Camp," I have to wonder: what exactly is it that you're so excited about? 

Joe Biden was clearly the poorest candidate in the history of presidential elections. He was bereft of charisma or talent, absent of history, and most importantly, clearly in cognitive decline. Under cover of a pandemic, he was kept in the basement of his home, learning historical facts that most of us here already know, reciting sharp little quips and jabs, trying to get it all together. We saw with our own eyes tens of thousands of people at the Trump rallies in such places as Kenosha and Lansing, then a frail, mentally lapsed Joe Biden holler at a few cars at his rallies and they pathetically honked back. 

After that amazing dichotomy we're supposed to believe that this poor wretch, this wisp of a man, this forgetter of Mitt Romney's name (the, the, you know, the Mormon man), actually won the most votes in presidential history? When voting irregularity after voting irregularity was pointed out and taken to court, Democrat-run courts refused to hear the allegations. The Supreme Court--that great and grand arbiter of fairness--refused to even sign a denial of record. This could well go down as their greatest mistake since the Dred Scott Decision, which by the way has yet to be reversed by the SC. 

But what I wonder about most is what you glib fellows, you handy-with-the-word men, really think you have to celebrate. Is the getting rid of a president who is hard to love but produced one victory after another for the United States of America and for the world? Was it worth the subterfuge to get such a man out of office? And what do you propose to replace him with? A Manchurian Candidate, one whose son enriched himself massively doing deals with companies with ties to the Chinese Communist Party? 

Maybe you don't believe that, and that is clearly your right. But get this: Hunter Biden joined up at age 43. He had to get his first waiver because of his age, but he stated clearly that he wanted to become involved in "naval intelligence." He had to get a second waiver because of a history of cocaine use. No one asked then why it was so important to become an expert in naval intelligence. Be that as it may, he became an ensign, only to get promptly bounced out on "administrative" discharge because of failing a cocaine test. Then he became involved with his dead brother's widow, at the same time refusing to assume responsibility for a child born to a stripper--until the DNA test came back positive. It's true, what they say about sins of your father, but it is equally true what they say about sins of your son. Joe Biden isn't his son. But he damn well knew his son was grifting on his coattails, if not benefiting personally from said grifting. 

It is quite possible--if the stories are correct--that we are electing as president the most compromised and corrupt man to ever occupy the chair behind the Resolute desk. It is almost a certainty that he is not cognitively intact. The election is in dispute: roughly 80 million people feel that the election was rigged, and some of them are Independents and Democrats. 

So I ask again, just what is it you're so gleeful about? What exactly about this particular situation leads you to make silly statements that are presupposed to be funny and clever? And that leads me to the next question, just how long do you think this charade can go on? 

I would say weeks to months. And then we are left with the charming Ms. Harris, who was so accomplished that she didn't survive the first debate in the Democrat primary against a dozen of her (clearly superior) peers. This is an oil and gas forum. Many of us have a spiritual and financial attachment to oil and gas. We recognize that some of you do not, have declared fossil fuels evil and the "last buggy whip factory." The rest of us pretty much tolerate that and actually try to learn from you: some of what you say carries some weight. The great wars could not have been won without oil and gas. I would wager than not one of us would be alive were it not for oil and gas--the pharmaceuticals, the surgical equipment, the heat in the winter and the cool in the summer. If oil and gas were to have its collective spigot turned off, the world would go hard and cold and unforgiving. The result would make the Covid pandemic seem like a sore throat. But still we let you spout, and we listen, and then we spout and you should listen. 

I doubt that you would treat us so shabbily if we were conversing over a gin and tonic, and mentioned in passing that we'd lost sleep worrying about Mr. Biden saying that he'd shut down fracking on federal lands the first day in office. It surely hasn't dawned on you that the person you're gloating over just vomited over the statement by Ms. Harris--soon to be President Harris--that she'd ban ALL fracking on the first day in office. Surely it didn't bother you that the livelihood of many of us here depends on oil and gas. And Selva, I'm not blaming you for this mess but I am calling you out to run an oilprice.com forum. You could sometimes open this forum and believe that you'd entered some sort of progressive workshop. We shouldn't all nod our heads the same direction but we shouldn't have to tolerate a giddy in-your-face because of an election of a pathetic candidate either. 

After this, I'm out of here: I can't stand the stench. And the attitude of people from all around the world who inhabit an oil and gas forum to satiate some wanton hunger to hurt someone. But I got off-track. I have to ask you again. 

What are you celebrating? The death of a king? The rise of a corrupt president? Tell me, what is it you're so proud of?

Gerry you know I respect the heck out of you. I admit I've gone off the rails a bit on the gentleman train, partly because I thought you'd already gone (you basically did but came back for a couple of posts, for which I'm eternally grateful). I know better than to try and cast pearls before the swine here, but doggone it, I'm forever hoping just one of them grows a brain cell or two. You've amply demonstrated your superior intellect here with your every post. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said above

Why @Selva wants the collective IQ of this site to go down is beyond me. 

If @0R0 leaves, that's it, I'm gone too. Sorry Dan and Tom but the effort is too much to push against the rope of low intellect bottom feeders infesting the site. That many of them seem to be sock puppet accounts just makes it worse. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Vote Count

I believe the point of this is was to prove that the tabulation machines must be connected to the Internet in order to provide such constant updates? Sorry but this does not prove that at all. If that were the case then one would expect to see a constant polling of the data but that is not what the timestamps show. Some timestamps come in rapid succession with varying additions to the vote and other timestamps show a couple minute break. What this is very consistent with is the multiple precincts uploading by hand to a centralized server. Each precinct has someone load a few minutes worth of data onto a drive in the tabulator then remove the drive and insert it into a network computer for uploading to the central server for Election Night Reporting. Edison gets its data from the centralized server.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Rolling Eye 1

What was PROVEN many many pages ago, was that the Dominion systems were connected to the internet. But Dominion is not the only machine out there! They're in far too many states, but only 28 or so. Edison gets those votes instantly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Winning.

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2020 at 8:19 PM, 0R0 said:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mied.350905/gov.uscourts.mied.350905.1.15.pdf

Network analysis of Dominion and Edison systems,

They are interconnected physically via the net and connected financially Edison via Iran's correspondent financial management firm BMA Capital Management in Karachi Pakistan - Pak Iran investment co.

Dominionvotingsystems.com website is registered to an unnamed organization in Hunan China. There were active transfers between that China server and the rest of the Dominion network. It is also mimicked by DVScorp.com as an alias

ACORN (now called Indivisible), an Obama related activist group is hooked up to the Dominion network via a scorecard subdomain running the election interference program

The Dominion network interconnects automatically as a Dominion device is put online.

So this seems to be Ward's basis for saying that Edison Dominion live internet connection was proven pages ago. OMG! This expert turns out to be a mechanic who washed out of intelligence school and never worked as such. https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/sydney-powells-military-intelligence-expert-witness-was-actually-an-army-mechanic-who-never-worked-in-military-intelligence-report/

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I believe the point of this is was to prove that the tabulation machines must be connected to the Internet in order to provide such constant updates? Sorry but this does not prove that at all. If that were the case then one would expect to see a constant polling of the data but that is not what the timestamps show. Some timestamps come in rapid succession with varying additions to the vote and other timestamps show a couple minute break. What this is very consistent with is the multiple precincts uploading by hand to a centralized server. Each precinct has someone load a few minutes worth of data onto a drive in the tabulator then remove the drive and insert it into a network computer for uploading to the central server for Election Night Reporting. Edison gets its data from the centralized server.

Not all election machines were connected to the internet all the time, just the fraud machines in MI WI PA GA AZ VA IL NY MN in central counting facilities in the big cities. The vast majority of the machines in most precincts were not connected to the net throughout but were preprogrammed with varying weights the day before the election, when a "patch" was issued by Dominion for their tabulators and management software. The weighting per county was determined by algorithm to reduce the Trump vote by proportion of the 2016 Trump win so that the more heavily Rep a precinct was, the more votes would transfer from Trump to Biden, though would not flip the county or precinct. Dr Shiva Ayyadurai did this analysis for several states, starting with MI.

The internet traffic between the Dominion servers in the several counting centers and state level going to Scytl in Spain and to Germany was so big in volume that it was noticed by EU backbone operators along with US networking people and was collected by NSA and several other private and govt. actors. Powell is the point person on this as the DIA and "Kracken" code crackers of the 305th (hence the nickname) are feeding her team with civilianized material as they go along decrypting the packets and reverse compiling the software, along with internal Dominion documents seized in Toronto and Colorado that are being "leaked by Dominion insiders" to Powell.

I suggest you don't presume that anything in any election in the US was other than fraudulent to some extent..Biden may not have reached 60 mil. votes. Could have been worse. The 2016 election was felt to be a "sure thing" by the Clinton team because they thought they "fixed it good", as it worked for Obama before. But their transfer of Trump votes to Hilary, of about 7 million + 1 mil of ballot stuffing was insufficient. Hilary did not have the popular vote nor the EC. Biden's fraud is estimated at 11.4 million votes added to him from 3rd parties and Trump's count and ballot stuffing on the order of 5 mil. Trump had 70 mil actual votes (leaked NSA estimate) in 2016 and likely 81 mil this time. don't know how reliable those numbers were. But the fraud was tracked in real time since the digital systems were installed. After the 2012 Obama election fraud, It was Flynn and a group of DOD NSA and mil intel folks who convinced Trump to run with the purpose of "draining the swamp" to re-establish real elections. But they had a problem getting it done into 2018, where the Dems defrauded their way into control of Congress. 

I don't know if a completely reliable record of the unperturbed election tally can be restored from the data, but what has leaked out does not have Dems controlling the House and having no gains in the Senate and having lost governors and state legislatures and mayoral races even in Dem heavy cities. The fraud is heavy and broad, but I have not seen the numbers for all of the fraudulent races.

I can say that the entire digital voting system trend was deliberately installed bipartisanly to squash 3rd parties after the Perot debacle as both main parties realized that a fringe of their party may run a separate ticket and knock their party off from a win. You found off establishment legislators criticizing it, like Klobuchar and Warren and Parett (Parent?) in MI Sen. Dominion ran a nationwide fraud for hire scheme.at all levels on the ballot. It was used by both Dems and Reps and in primaries.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

36 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Not all election machines were connected to the internet all the time, just the fraud machines in MI WI PA GA AZ VA IL NY MN in central counting facilities in the big cities. The vast majority of the machines in most precincts were not connected to the net throughout but were preprogrammed with varying weights the day before the election, when a "patch" was issued by Dominion for their tabulators and management software. The weighting per county was determined by algorithm to reduce the Trump vote by proportion of the 2016 Trump win so that the more heavily Rep a precinct was, the more votes would transfer from Trump to Biden, though would not flip the county or precinct. Dr Shiva Ayyadurai did this analysis for several states, starting with MI.

The internet traffic between the Dominion servers in the several counting centers and state level going to Scytl in Spain and to Germany was so big in volume that it was noticed by EU backbone operators along with US networking people and was collected by NSA and several other private and govt. actors. Powell is the point person on this as the DIA and "Kracken" code crackers of the 305th (hence the nickname) are feeding her team with civilianized material as they go along decrypting the packets and reverse compiling the software, along with internal Dominion documents seized in Toronto and Colorado that are being "leaked by Dominion insiders" to Powell.

I suggest you don't presume that anything in any election in the US was other than fraudulent to some extent..Biden may not have reached 60 mil. votes. Could have been worse. The 2016 election was felt to be a "sure thing" by the Clinton team because they thought they "fixed it good", as it worked for Obama before. But their transfer of Trump votes to Hilary, of about 7 million + 1 mil of ballot stuffing was insufficient. Hilary did not have the popular vote nor the EC. Biden's fraud is estimated at 11.4 million votes added to him from 3rd parties and Trump's count and ballot stuffing on the order of 5 mil. Trump had 70 mil actual votes (leaked NSA estimate) in 2016 and likely 81 mil this time. don't know how reliable those numbers were. But the fraud was tracked in real time since the digital systems were installed. After the 2012 Obama election fraud, It was Flynn and a group of DOD NSA and mil intel folks who convinced Trump to run with the purpose of "draining the swamp" to re-establish real elections. But they had a problem getting it done into 2018, where the Dems defrauded their way into control of Congress. 

I don't know if a completely reliable record of the unperturbed election tally can be restored from the data, but what has leaked out does not have Dems controlling the House and having no gains in the Senate and having lost governors and state legislatures and mayoral races even in Dem heavy cities. The fraud is heavy and broad, but I have not seen the numbers for all of the fraudulent races.

I can say that the entire digital voting system trend was deliberately installed bipartisanly to squash 3rd parties after the Perot debacle as both main parties realized that a fringe of their party may run a separate ticket and knock their party off from a win. You found off establishment legislators criticizing it, like Klobuchar and Warren and Parett (Parent?) in MI Sen. Dominion ran a nationwide fraud for hire scheme.at all levels on the ballot. It was used by both Dems and Reps and in primaries.

So a ballot of say 20 yes/no choices would equate to let's say 1K bytes of data and that seems very generous (I am definitely rusty on my binary so anyone who would like to jump in please do so). Multiplied by 150 million ballots would equal 150 gigabytes transferred over a period of multiple hours and that got top level attention? Nonsense. Dropbox let's you easily send 100 gigabyte files, it is top of their advertising. 

You are living in a delusion.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

7 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So a ballot of say 20 yes/no choices would equate to let's say 1K bytes of data and that seems very generous (I am definitely rusty on my binary so anyone who would like to jump in please do so). Multiplied by 150 million ballots would equal 150 gigabytes transferred over a period of multiple hours and that got top level attention? Nonsense. Dropbox let's you easily send 100 gigabyte files, it is top of their advertising. 

You are living in a delusion.

It is far more complex than that. And the tracking is at ward level, not just county and state, And includes downballot info as well, and it is two way with e.g. PA precincts in Philly and Pitt  going through rotation that requires remote reset of weighting every couple of hours. Also the ballot images for adjudication were sent to scytl - which is allot of data

1 minute ago, 0R0 said:

It is far more complex than that. And the tracking is at ward level, not just county and state, And includes downballot info as well, and it is two way with e.g. PA precincts in Philly and Pitt  going through rotation that requires remote reset of weighting every couple of hours. Also the ballot images for adjudication were sent to scytl - which is allot of data

Compared to a typical Zoom conference call or streaming a 4K video it is nothing. For example your remote reset of weighing is a one time transfer of a variable no more than a few bytes in length to a remote server that then applies that variable to all the data that is on that server. That variable could be transferred every second and it would still equate to slightly more than nothing.

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Compared to a typical Zoom conference call or streaming a 4K video it is nothing. For example your remote reset of weighing is a one time transfer of a variable no more than a few bytes in length to a remote server that then applies that variable to all the data that is on that server. That variable could be transferred every second and it would still equate to slightly more than nothing.

I would have though so too, but the network monitoring team capturing the data that did disclose info was talking about a large and noticeable traffic during both the live election vote and the mail in ballot processing, on the order of 30k machines communicating to the Scytl central server where the election data sequences were generated and sent back. Remember that the Dominion network also reports out to its offices around the world and to its fraud for hire clients including Iran and China. China being  the new majority shareholder as of October.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

I would have though so too, but the network monitoring team capturing the data that did disclose info was talking about a large and noticeable traffic during both the live election vote and the mail in ballot processing, on the order of 30k machines communicating to the Scytl central server where the election data sequences were generated and sent back. Remember that the Dominion network also reports out to its offices around the world and to its fraud for hire clients including Iran and China. China being  the new majority shareholder as of October.

Or you could consider that your original inclination was correct and the rest of this is just made up. Seriously, 30K machines transferring HD data streams sounds like a slow night on Twitch. And how the heck are there 30K machines required for this? It is bollocks if you look at the numbers.

22 hours ago, 0R0 said:

In the John Kerry (loss) election there was a precinct with  4500 overvotes where investigation ended with 60 convictions of electoral fraud

The plaintiffs in the cases can only work off of public records. the rebuttals are done by official internal records that may or may not be true. MI SOS was caught making changes to the voter registry and eventually took it offline. So it is hard to use the internal records as a basis for anything. But that is tracked by a number of election integrity related non profits attempting to get those registries repaired and updated (Judicial watch https://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Judicial-Watch-Voter-Roll-Study-Oct-2020-1.pdf ) usually by taking legal action to enforce the law.

The general trend in Dem counties is for the precincts to report ever growing voter participation in year after year. This is to counter a 70 year trend of deurbanization that has left those Dem city counties with a proportionally smaller share of the vote. So they need to take increasing size of ballot stuffing measures than they did before. To the point now that they are needing in excess of the D and I registered voters in turnout in order to create a statewide win. And in some precinctsthey need to go beyond the overall population to get there.

60 convictions for an instance in just one precinct?? Wow. Then I hope and expect if anything has truly happened this time around, and on a much larger scale, it is exposed similarly. There may be more yet to come, but doesn't seem to be going that direction at the moment. If nothing indeed happens, it surely has to point to the fraud having not actually taken place, or the US is truly rotten to the very core - like to the point of making China look like a model of a fair democracy. Can't actually be that bad, can it?

Incidentally, when having a quick look into the example above to see if I could find anything about it, out of interest, I came across a long article about how the 2004 election was 'stolen'. Swap the parties around and change names and it could literally have been, well, this thread! It was all there - effort to rig the results starting prior to election day, irregularities on voting day, voting machines being tampered with, switching votes etc, wrongdoings by election officials, down-ballot candidates 'impossibly' outperforming the presidential candidate, a rigged recount, etc etc. Overall fraud impacting millions of votes - more than enough to flip the result. The death of democracy. All seemed rather familiar!

So I wonder - does this in fact just happen all the time? The loser trying it on and claiming fraud? Just Trump being Trump doing it bigger and better than ever before? Genuinely curious. I also wonder - would, or did, republican supporters and aligned media argue that all the claims in 2004 were 'baseless' and 'debunked' just as Democrats are arguing in 2020? Had Kerry not followed conventional decorum and instead refused to concede, would 2004 have been as big a deal as 2020? Is there something fundamentally different this time around other than the reversal of the parties?

• Upvote 1

The WSJ Editorial Page has consistently and strongly supported Donald Trump.  Here is their most recent editorial on the election results:

WSJ Editorial:  Trump’s Challenge Is Over

After losing at the Supreme Court, he has no legal alternatives and ought to concede.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-challenge-is-over-11607898467?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

Excerpt:

The Electoral College meets Monday to cast its votes for President, officially marking Joe Biden as the election winner. President Trump’s legal challenges have run their course, and he and the rest of the Republican Party can help the country and themselves by acknowledging the result and moving on.

Mr. Trump’s last legal gasp came Friday evening when the Supreme Court declined to hear the Texas lawsuit seeking to overturn the election results in Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. As we predicted, the Court cited Texas’s lack of legal standing to challenge how another state manages its elections.

Some on the right claim that Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas dissented, but this is wrong. The Justices said they would have taken the Texas case as a “bill of complaint” when states sue other states.

This is a technical point that concerns the Court’s case management, and the two Justices have a long-time view that the Court should hear more of these direct state appeals. We happen to agree, but in this case the Texas claim was outside constitutional bounds. Justice Alito (joined by Justice Thomas) added that he would “not grant other relief.” This was not a dissent on the merits of the Texas claim.

10 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Gerry,
I agree with almost all parts of your post and I understand your concerns about elections and fracking. You are right, we shouldn't nod our heads in the same direction but also we can't expect everyone to share our opinions. 
Political threads are always the hard one to keep civil discussion, especially during and after the elections. I am on this forum three years and never had a thread like this one. 
I am asking you all again, to try to keep it civil.  I know this is a topic where two different sides have different stands , but at least we could try to make constructive discussion based on facts and without provocative comments and insults. Also, we have to respect different opinions even if we don't agree with them. Every good discussion is based on different opinions, but unfortunately many members lately exceed limits of good behavior. 

Gerry, I would like you to stay because we all enjoy reading your posts and the way you make your posts, always with facts and never insulting other members of this forum which became hard to find lately here. 

Feel free to contact me if you think any topic is going in the wrong direction, and the same goes for all other members. 

• Like 3

One of the things many may not remember about Reagan's goodbye address is that it included an important plea to make ourselves maintain our civic KNOWLEDGE first, and then our duties after that.  Anyway, a good listen: