Dan Warnick

U.S. Presidential Elections Status - Electoral Votes

56 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Ha ha ha, You really do not deal with reality to well do you? Me?  Born, raised and live in the US. You ?  From your poor English my bet is you are not an American. Please keep babbling your shut up clown talk, it is all you have.

I'll see you in a few days you godless communist

Cheers and no I speak the Queens English...you know...it came from England!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, notsonice said:

Ha ha ha, You really do not deal with reality to well do you? Me?  Born, raised and live in the US. You ?  From your poor English my bet is you are not an American. Please keep babbling your shut up clown talk, it is all you have.

He's BRITISH you ignorant twit. 

Meanwhile you've never said an intelligent thing on this site. Prove me wrong

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:
2 hours ago, notsonice said:

I'll see you in a few days you godless communist

Cheers and no I speak the Queens English...you know...it came from England!

All over the globe, English is taught?  Bet Chinese learn it?  It's taught in many countries?  Thanks England!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

He's BRITISH you ignorant twit. 

Meanwhile you've never said an intelligent thing on this site. Prove me wrong

Ward you need to fight little Nikko's battles? You are  an ignorant twat. Prove me wrong. PS Trump lost, Deal with it.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, El Nikko said:

fhfg.PNG

Another post brought to you by a troll  who is trying start a coup in the US. Nikko who are you working for? Where do you hail from? Russia? pathetic that you foreign trolls are bringing lies and disinformation on an election that you have no party to and that ended over a month ago. PS are you Wards Sock Puppet? just asking for a friend.

• Rolling Eye 1

15 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Where do you hail from? Russia?

I hadn't thought of that.  Could be.  I was theorizing that Trump Kool-Aid drinkers in the Trump Personality Cult were actually on the Democrat's payroll, because they make Republicans look so bad. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

9 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Another post brought to you by a troll  who is trying start a coup in the US. Nikko who are you working for? Where do you hail from? Russia? pathetic that you foreign trolls are bringing lies and disinformation on an election that you have no party to and that ended over a month ago. PS are you Wards Sock Puppet? just asking for a friend.

Dont hate the player hate the game. After what has happened the last 4 yrs ...there will be a game played..and it will be epic....notsonice does seem fitting.

WSJ:  Pence Seeks to Dismiss GOP Lawsuit Aiming to Let Him Overturn Election

Justice Department called Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert’s suit a ‘walking legal contradiction’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pence-seeks-to-dismiss-gop-lawsuit-aiming-to-lethim-overturn-election-11609458671

Excerpt;

WASHINGTON—Vice President Mike Pence asked a federal judge in Texas on Thursday to dismiss an effort by a Republican congressman seeking to give the vice president the power to decide which electoral votes to count when Congress meets on Jan. 6, dealing another blow to GOP efforts to install President Trump for a second term. . . .

Mr. Gohmert’s lawsuit makes several false assertions in its effort to get the gambit before a judge. For instance, it claims that “the State of Arizona (and several others) have appointed two competing slates of electors.” Arizona filed a single slate of 11 presidential electors with the National Archives.

They cast their votes for Mr. Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, who won the state.

Mr. Gohmert’s lawsuit asserts that because defeated Republican candidates for presidential elector in Arizona and other states won by Mr. Biden themselves held meetings to reiterate their support for the Trump-Pence ticket, they should be considered on equal footing with Democratic electors who were certified as members of the Electoral College.

A presidential elector from Colorado, Alan Kennedy, addressed that argument in a friend of the court brief he filed Thursday.

“If President Trump could be re-elected simply by the Vice President exercising falsely claimed ‘discretion,’ there would be no point to hold elections,” Mr. Kennedy, a lecturer at the University of Colorado Denver, said in his brief.

Colorado voted for Mr. Biden, and Mr. Kennedy and the state’s other electors cast their nine electoral votes for the Democratic ticket.

“I am a presidential elector; Plaintiffs’ false claims that they are electors does not make them electors,” he wrote, adding: “On behalf of the American People, please stop this madness.”

Even Biden doesn't think he's President-elect or whatever.  He's blasting the vaccine distribution being slo mo by Trump (check out DeBlasio in NYC - Dumbo with 1/2 million doses and vaccinated 29,000), and Biden says Trump needs to tell everyone to take the vaccine (didn't Biden say not to take it?), then proudly states "President-elect Harris took the vaccine today".  Happy New Year!

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

^^^^^

The United States of America has to run this experiment. I don't understand why, and I don't think most people on this forum do, but the country--at this particular time, coming off a presidency with this particular man, in this chaotic time--simply wants to run this experiment. 

I'm like every other patriot: I want the best for my country. So that means I should cheer for this incoming president, no matter how many reservations i hold. And therein lies the rub. 

Joe Biden is quite obviously a shadow of his former self. He's 78. Go back a couple of decades and watch tape of a very aggressive, gregarious Joe Biden to see what involution does to the human body. Sure, he has gone through two (open skull) operations to tie off Berry aneurysms not far from the Circle of Willis (the main blood supply at the base of the brain), and that destroys some white matter (the telegraph lines) as well as some grey matter (the telegraph keys), but his neurosurgeon has reassured the world that this resulted in no harm and that Mr. Biden had held his own in terms of mental acuity.

Well, that's just flat wrong--and if he were to undergo a functional MRI the results compared to normal would scare the liver out of us. The damage, along with the vicissitudes of longevity, has taken its toll. Never before did he have to close his eyes and grimace to come up with a word. Never before did he lose his temper so easily. Never in the past would he have chosen as VP a woman who basically accused him of racism on the Democrat Primary stage. As a Scranton product, coming from a coal-mining engineer family, never before would he have vowed to end fracking on government lands. 

I wandered onto this forum not as an electric car fan, or a solar or wind guy, or even a lithium battery fan, but as an aging gentleman myself, interested lifelong in oil and gas, with special emphasis on environmentally-friendly production and usage. As such, it is very hard for me to become enamored with these new alternative sources of electricity and locomotion . . . but I'm making an effort. What bothers me about Mr. Biden isn't the fact that he is willing to invest beaucoup bucks in green energy, but that he vowed to throw U.S. energy-independence under the bus in order to become elected by the new left-leaning Democrat base. 

Oil and gas brought man out of the caves and provided for almost every product that is commonly used in modern society. Oil and gas won the Second War for the Allied Expeditionary Forces. The clearcut Achilles Heel of any military is oil and gas--even today (just ask Xi). There is no way to simultaneously destroy the current energy source abruptly and make a transition using a green new energy source that is not yet ready to take up the lead. In other words, smooth transition is the key. California is decommissioning its NG utility plants, whilst putting the complete confidence and burden on lithium battery dumps--I hope they get by with it but I doubt it.  

Mr. Biden chose Deb Haaland as his Sec. of Interior. He is going to get a little honeymoon from Congress and my bet is that she will be confirmed. She is a staunch opponent of fossil fuels and has said many times that she would ban all fracking. JoMack's post above is quite correct: Mr. Biden made one of his "famous gaffes" (as the MSM now calls them) and said that "President-Elect Harris took the vaccine today." Quite obviously, Ms. Harris will become president in short order (about when Mr. Biden hits 80?), and at that time we'll have a president who is on record as opposing all fracking and a BLM (the body that lets the leases) answering to an Interior Secretary who is also opposed to all fracking. 

Offshore is coming back but in reality America's energy-independence came from the much-hated shale oil and gas drilling/fracking endeavor. To give that up is madness. To come onto this forum and cheer for that to happen is to endorse madness. As I said, I'm willing to listen and learn, and even to get put down occasionally, but to destroy energy-independence by throwing trillions of dollars at a nascent industry, and by encouraging Wall Street to cut off lending to American oil and gas companies, is a dangerous tactic. 

Yet it would appear that America wants to run that experiment, no matter what the collateral damage--all under this (silly) notion called climate crisis. Right now, with the Fed running a $7.2T balance sheet and with interest rates at zero, an S&P earnings yield of about $120 (as opposed to the $180-190 that was expected pre-pandemic), and with the Fed and the ECB central banks throwing $300Billion into bond purchases each MONTH, an EV/solar/wind/battery stock market that has quadrupled in the last year, we are being set up for some bad juice. As many have pointed out--some quite adroitly--China is ascending, mainly by virtue of averting prolonged shutdowns and introducing digital yuan as their currency--even talking of hooking it to Bretton Woods style gold standard to backstop it. Iran is rising too. Saudi Arabia is running scared, and for good reason. In a world turned upside down by a hysterical money-printing press that runs equities to the moon, and threats of military conflict in the S. China Sea as well as the Arabian Peninsula, energy-independence is paramount. 

I'll pray for the new president(s), but I'm pretty sure this is going to end badly. The good news is that the Constitution was constructed with just this sort of situation. It worked during the last Reagan year in office: Jim Baker and Don Meese and George Herbert Walker Bush and several others basically ran the government by fiat and a waning Mr. Reagan encouraged it. In the excellent book, The President's Club, it is described just how close they were to invoking Article 25--the removal of a president because of a mental disability, said article requiring all Cabinet members as well as the Vice President to be invoked. They managed to avoid it. This time around, my bet is that Mr. Biden has already assured the Democrat power-holders that he will step down at some loosely-designated time, allowing Ms. Harris to assume the mantle. 

When I read these often childish, gleeful posts of some of our leftists friends--presumably from around the world--I find myself doubting that they have thought this one through. Sure, it's alright to want change, and it's alright to rub the losing teams' noses in the results of the contest, but what kind of world are we going to live in, with President K. Harris, Sec. of Interior Deb Haaland, an emboldened left possibly with AOC as Speaker of the House? I predict that it will cause such chaos and shambles that we look back at the last four years as the good ole days. 

• Great Response! 7
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^^^^^

The United States of America has to run this experiment. I don't understand why, and I don't think most people on this forum do, but the country--at this particular time, coming off a presidency with this particular man, in this chaotic time--simply wants to run this experiment. 

I'm like every other patriot: I want the best for my country. So that means I should cheer for this incoming president, no matter how many reservations i hold. And therein lies the rub. 

Joe Biden is quite obviously a shadow of his former self. He's 78. Go back a couple of decades and watch tape of a very aggressive, gregarious Joe Biden to see what involution does to the human body. Sure, he has gone through two (open skull) operations to tie off Berry aneurysms not far from the Circle of Willis (the main blood supply at the base of the brain), and that destroys some white matter (the telegraph lines) as well as some grey matter (the telegraph keys), but his neurosurgeon has reassured the world that this resulted in no harm and that Mr. Biden had held his own in terms of mental acuity.

Well, that's just flat wrong--and if he were to undergo a functional MRI the results compared to normal would scare the liver out of us. The damage, along with the vicissitudes of longevity, has taken its toll. Never before did he have to close his eyes and grimace to come up with a word. Never before did he lose his temper so easily. Never in the past would he have chosen as VP a woman who basically accused him of racism on the Democrat Primary stage. As a Scranton product, coming from a coal-mining engineer family, never before would he have vowed to end fracking on government lands. 

I wandered onto this forum not as an electric car fan, or a solar or wind guy, or even a lithium battery fan, but as an aging gentleman myself, interested lifelong in oil and gas, with special emphasis on environmentally-friendly production and usage. As such, it is very hard for me to become enamored with these new alternative sources of electricity and locomotion . . . but I'm making an effort. What bothers me about Mr. Biden isn't the fact that he is willing to invest beaucoup bucks in green energy, but that he vowed to throw U.S. energy-independence under the bus in order to become elected by the new left-leaning Democrat base. 

Oil and gas brought man out of the caves and provided for almost every product that is commonly used in modern society. Oil and gas won the Second War for the Allied Expeditionary Forces. The clearcut Achilles Heel of any military is oil and gas--even today (just ask Xi). There is no way to simultaneously destroy the current energy source abruptly and make a transition using a green new energy source that is not yet ready to take up the lead. In other words, smooth transition is the key. California is decommissioning its NG utility plants, whilst putting the complete confidence and burden on lithium battery dumps--I hope they get by with it but I doubt it.  

Mr. Biden chose Deb Haaland as his Sec. of Interior. He is going to get a little honeymoon from Congress and my bet is that she will be confirmed. She is a staunch opponent of fossil fuels and has said many times that she would ban all fracking. JoMack's post above is quite correct: Mr. Biden made one of his "famous gaffes" (as the MSM now calls them) and said that "President-Elect Harris took the vaccine today." Quite obviously, Ms. Harris will become president in short order (about when Mr. Biden hits 80?), and at that time we'll have a president who is on record as opposing all fracking and a BLM (the body that lets the leases) answering to an Interior Secretary who is also opposed to all fracking. 

Offshore is coming back but in reality America's energy-independence came from the much-hated shale oil and gas drilling/fracking endeavor. To give that up is madness. To come onto this forum and cheer for that to happen is to endorse madness. As I said, I'm willing to listen and learn, and even to get put down occasionally, but to destroy energy-independence by throwing trillions of dollars at a nascent industry, and by encouraging Wall Street to cut off lending to American oil and gas companies, is a dangerous tactic. 

Yet it would appear that America wants to run that experiment, no matter what the collateral damage--all under this (silly) notion called climate crisis. Right now, with the Fed running a $7.2T balance sheet and with interest rates at zero, an S&P earnings yield of about $120 (as opposed to the $180-190 that was expected pre-pandemic), and with the Fed and the ECB central banks throwing $300Billion into bond purchases each MONTH, an EV/solar/wind/battery stock market that has quadrupled in the last year, we are being set up for some bad juice. As many have pointed out--some quite adroitly--China is ascending, mainly by virtue of averting prolonged shutdowns and introducing digital yuan as their currency--even talking of hooking it to Bretton Woods style gold standard to backstop it. Iran is rising too. Saudi Arabia is running scared, and for good reason. In a world turned upside down by a hysterical money-printing press that runs equities to the moon, and threats of military conflict in the S. China Sea as well as the Arabian Peninsula, energy-independence is paramount. 

I'll pray for the new president(s), but I'm pretty sure this is going to end badly. The good news is that the Constitution was constructed with just this sort of situation. It worked during the last Reagan year in office: Jim Baker and Don Meese and George Herbert Walker Bush and several others basically ran the government by fiat and a waning Mr. Reagan encouraged it. In the excellent book, The President's Club, it is described just how close they were to invoking Article 25--the removal of a president because of a mental disability, said article requiring all Cabinet members as well as the Vice President to be invoked. They managed to avoid it. This time around, my bet is that Mr. Biden has already assured the Democrat power-holders that he will step down at some loosely-designated time, allowing Ms. Harris to assume the mantle. 

When I read these often childish, gleeful posts of some of our leftists friends--presumably from around the world--I find myself doubting that they have thought this one through. Sure, it's alright to want change, and it's alright to rub the losing teams' noses in the results of the contest, but what kind of world are we going to live in, with President K. Harris, Sec. of Interior Deb Haaland, an emboldened left possibly with AOC as Speaker of the House? I predict that it will cause such chaos and shambles that we look back at the last four years as the good ole days. 

Ohh you just had to mention AOC as the house speaker. What a visual to begin 2021...Troops in the streets within 30 days.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

The President's Club, 

I hadn't been aware of this book.  Just went to Amazon and bought the Kindle version.  Thanks, it looks like a fascinating read.

• Upvote 1

America is finished. No moral compass means it is heading towards self-destruction. 2020 only showed how rapid this train is going downhill.

And every unbiased half awake 3rd grader saw that the election was stolen. But yet no one seems to be able to do anything about this coup. The courts are all hopelessly corrupt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^^^^^

Biden is a puppet for the Communist Party of America. He was used as a placeholder and obviously is unfit to run the country. If you want to be anything remotely to a Patriot, then you have to reject the stolen election.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

On 12/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, Ward Smith said:

Who is shaking our jar? There's your enemy right there

I just couldn't let this one pass.  You couldn't have made a more revealing post or comment or analogy @Ward Smith.  Like Trump, I sometimes think that many of you just need to be allowed to continue speaking/writing and some of your underlying positions will be shown the light. 

Specifically, you (and others on here) claim to be all about a fair democracy, patriots, defending the country against fraud and a stolen election.  Yet you identify as the "enemy" those who would question, disrupt and oppose YOUR group's opinions on things (shaking our jar?). I live in a different democracy but these things are at the very heart of a democratically-run election and country, even yours.  The fact that you actually identify the opposition as the enemy shows where you are on the matter.  I am really thankful that you made that clear for all to see. 

And just before you begin the onslaught of nicknames (Trump playbook page 4), insults and other terms, I'm not a sock-puppet, eejit, communist/socialist, CCP-member or sympathizer, and I have no idea who some of these other posters are who continue to refute the non-stop barrage of fantastical points you continue to make.

Edited by UNC12345
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

34 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

I live in a different democracy but these things are at the very heart of a democratically-run election and country, even yours.

Sir or Madam, could you please explain what you mean by this statement? 

It would seem from the preceding comment that you consider an election fraught with at least the attempt of fraud to be commonplace, or even necessary. I don't want to misperceive your well-thought-out comment and am making an attempt to understand your point. 

As such, I'm also interested in why you consider these various points "fantastical." Not to start a fight, but have you actually seen the massive spikes in Biden votes--almost perfectly correlated in the five swing states--just after a moratorium in voting that stopped an apparent Trump advantage? If so, I would be interested in your opinion about how such statistically-irrational numbers came to be. 

I don't know where you're from--I presume from your statements some place with a democratic union--but here in the United States many of us consider socialism to be The Enemy. This is an oil and gas forum: many of us here have skin in the game. The "enemy" to us is anyone who would destroy oil and gas energy independence as an American industry. Since Mr. Biden has declared repeatedly that he would immediately ban fracking on federal lands, and since he chose as his VP a woman who has vowed that she would ban ALL fracking, and together they chose as appointee to Secretary of the Interior a woman who has railed against fossil fuels for years, we have no recourse but to tag the presumed Biden administration as the enemy--because destroying an industry ad lib, pouring trillions into a New Green Deal, ignoring riots and statue destruction, campaigning on monetary equality no matter what, promoting massive reparations as payments for sins of our fathers--well, to some of us, that sounds a lot like socialism. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

On 12/31/2020 at 7:03 PM, Jeffrey Brown said:

WSJ:  Pence Seeks to Dismiss GOP Lawsuit Aiming to Let Him Overturn Election

Justice Department called Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert’s suit a ‘walking legal contradiction’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pence-seeks-to-dismiss-gop-lawsuit-aiming-to-lethim-overturn-election-11609458671

Excerpt;

WASHINGTON—Vice President Mike Pence asked a federal judge in Texas on Thursday to dismiss an effort by a Republican congressman seeking to give the vice president the power to decide which electoral votes to count when Congress meets on Jan. 6, dealing another blow to GOP efforts to install President Trump for a second term. . . .

Mr. Gohmert’s lawsuit makes several false assertions in its effort to get the gambit before a judge. For instance, it claims that “the State of Arizona (and several others) have appointed two competing slates of electors.” Arizona filed a single slate of 11 presidential electors with the National Archives.

They cast their votes for Mr. Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, who won the state.

Mr. Gohmert’s lawsuit asserts that because defeated Republican candidates for presidential elector in Arizona and other states won by Mr. Biden themselves held meetings to reiterate their support for the Trump-Pence ticket, they should be considered on equal footing with Democratic electors who were certified as members of the Electoral College.

A presidential elector from Colorado, Alan Kennedy, addressed that argument in a friend of the court brief he filed Thursday.

“If President Trump could be re-elected simply by the Vice President exercising falsely claimed ‘discretion,’ there would be no point to hold elections,” Mr. Kennedy, a lecturer at the University of Colorado Denver, said in his brief.

Colorado voted for Mr. Biden, and Mr. Kennedy and the state’s other electors cast their nine electoral votes for the Democratic ticket.

“I am a presidential elector; Plaintiffs’ false claims that they are electors does not make them electors,” he wrote, adding: “On behalf of the American People, please stop this madness.”

8B6C5954-A80C-46E6-88C3-C51036EEC867.jpeg

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

It would seem from the preceding comment that you consider an election fraught with at least the attempt of fraud to be commonplace, or even necessary. I don't want to misperceive your well-thought-out comment and am making an attempt to understand your point. 

As such, I'm also interested in why you consider these various points "fantastical." Not to start a fight, but have you actually seen the massive spikes in Biden votes--almost perfectly correlated in the five swing states--just after a moratorium in voting that stopped an apparent Trump advantage? If so, I would be interested in your opinion about how such statistically-irrational numbers came to be. 

I don't know where you're from--I presume from your statements some place with a democratic union--but here in the United States many of us consider socialism to be The Enemy. This is an oil and gas forum: many of us here have skin in the game. The "enemy" to us is anyone who would destroy oil and gas energy independence as an American industry. Since Mr. Biden has declared repeatedly that he would immediately ban fracking on federal lands, and since he chose as his VP a woman who has vowed that she would ban ALL fracking, and together they chose as appointee to Secretary of the Interior a woman who has railed against fossil fuels for years, we have no recourse but to tag the presumed Biden administration as the enemy--because destroying an industry ad lib, pouring trillions into a New Green Deal, ignoring riots and statue destruction, campaigning on monetary equality no matter what, promoting massive reparations as payments for sins of our fathers--well, to some of us, that sounds a lot like socialism. 

These leftists can't see anything wrong with the following. 

9861AF04-FD74-4898-9A1C-C9013C1ADA4F.jpeg

• Great Response! 3

2 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

I just couldn't let this one pass.  You couldn't have made a more revealing post or comment or analogy @Ward Smith.  Like Trump, I sometimes think that many of you just need to be allowed to continue speaking/writing and some of your underlying positions will be shown the light. 

Specifically, you (and others on here) claim to be all about a fair democracy, patriots, defending the country against fraud and a stolen election.  Yet you identify as the "enemy" those who would question, disrupt and oppose YOUR group's opinions on things (shaking our jar?). I live in a different democracy but these things are at the very heart of a democratically-run election and country, even yours.  The fact that you actually identify the opposition as the enemy shows where you are on the matter.  I am really thankful that you made that clear for all to see. 

And just before you begin the onslaught of nicknames (Trump playbook page 4), insults and other terms, I'm not a sock-puppet, eejit, communist/socialist, CCP-member or sympathizer, and I have no idea who some of these other posters are who continue to refute the non-stop barrage of fantastical points you continue to make.

Whether you're another sock puppet or just another non thinking robot is irrelevant to me. You went to all that intellectual effort of making that meaningful user name after all. I guess after the first thousand or so it's just too cumbersome so easier to number them. 

Meanwhile, I'm certain who is shaking the jar and always have been

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:
3 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

I live in a different democracy but these things are at the very heart of a democratically-run election and country, even yours.

Sure, I'll try.  It's Sir, thanks.  My point there I believe was that opposing views and the ability to question, argue, examine different angles and philosophies is what is at the heart of democracy and a democratic political system/election.  Yet, on this forum, anyone who disagrees with the prevailing right-wing group think is some sort of pretender, idiot, sock puppet, pick one, worthy of ridicule ....  I live in Canada, was all I meant by a different democracy.  Run differently obviously, but still based on votes.

IF it WAS fraudulent or appeared so, I don't consider this commonplace.  But my basic point is that there has been time to access the legal system.  There has been time to bring these things before the court.  A high-powered, well-funded legal team has failed to bring any meaningful evidence of fraud before the legal system, as I understand it, because it simply doesn't exist.  I often mention conspiracy theories as an issue on here.  What you want a person to believe is that the court system of your country is so hopelessly corrupt, pretty much sea to sea, from top to bottom?  This simply isn't reasonable in so many cases.  You said earlier, you just don't know if there was fraud or not. There's lots you don't know 100%, this included, but you make the leap to believing based on some internet sources.  What I'm saying is...step back from the internet and simply look at common sense and what's before you.  It is simply impossible to believe that THIS many people are corrupt in your great country.  It just is simply not true.  I think the assumption that so many American people are hopelessly crooked is a really sad thing.  BUt I guess it provides us all with something to talk about, sadly.

s such, I'm also interested in why you consider these various points "fantastical." Not to start a fight, but have you actually seen the massive spikes in Biden votes--almost perfectly correlated in the five swing states--just after a moratorium in voting that stopped an apparent Trump advantage? If so, I would be interested in your opinion about how such statistically-irrational numbers came to be. 

I will never pretend or assert that I have gone through the "data" as many on here have.  If this "data" were against you, you might say that it has been manipulated.  That said, one thing I find amazing is that Trump supporters, at election time and after, were amazed that late surges in Biden support had occurred through the night, etc.  Isn't it just blatantly obvious that Trump voters, in large part, showed up to vote in person?  Trump constantly ridiculed and called voting by mail fraudulent and open to manipulation?  He then wants vote counts stopped before all the mail in votes are counted?  It's an obvious thing but I can't get past that it was continually brought up as evidence of fraud.  This is one small example and i know for a fact that you and others can post a mountain of references to the contrary, but this is one small thing that has stuck with me.

Canada is far more to the left than the USA, to be sure.  Higher taxes, socialized medicine, etc.  But isn't it all just a matter of degree?  I mean, it's been awhile since I've studied economic systems but between capitalism and communism is one degree of socialism or another.  If you had no government and paid no taxes and had no regulation, you could truly call yourself capitalism.  You are pretty close to as capitalistic as a country gets, but Americans get hung up on taking things to extremes in various ways.  I've mentioned before that this is one of the amazing things about your country, that whatever you do, it is taken on with the utmost of passion and things are done absolutely in an over the top fashion.  It's awesome and why I visit my friends there whenever possible.   You know of no other way.  It is admirable in so many ways but it leads to simply taking opposing views on things where maybe you could meet somewhere in the middle.  

Lastly, as for being in oil and gas, I too have skin in the game and I am alarmed at what my own country is doing to a critical industry in its rush to be "woke" and progressive.  It makes no sense and is harming us all.  Don't even get me started on reparations for the past and lawlessness.  We have an entire population of individuals who will never move on from the past and will be forever dependent on the government teat, but I won't get into that.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Whether you're another sock puppet or just another non thinking robot is irrelevant to me. You went to all that intellectual effort of making that meaningful user name after all. I guess after the first thousand or so it's just too cumbersome so easier to number them. 

Meanwhile, I'm certain who is shaking the jar and always have been

WTH?

31 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

Lastly, as for being in oil and gas, I too have skin in the game and I am alarmed at what my own country is doing to a critical industry in its rush to be "woke" and progressive.  It makes no sense and is harming us all.

Ah, so what is happening in your country has harmed you and will harm you more, but what is about to happen in my country is okay, and therefore all these concerns are unfounded, the product of "rightwing group think?" A bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

Your response was nicely articulated and you had me right up until you made the above remark about fossil fuels in Canada. When your oil and gas industry was being gutted by a left-leaning socialistic government, I was on your side. Not only because you were brethren in a great industry, but because our countries have a long history of mutual support in war and peace and trade has surpassed all differences. 

Given my way, I would cut off all foreign oil but Canadian. Bring your bitumen down to mix in with light sweet at the refinery.

And yes, in response to your inferences and questions, I do indeed think that many of our court systems are corrupt and biased. I think the same of your court systems. To not think that is so naive as to worry about brain rot. Our President Trump hasn't been the easiest chap to defend or admire, but his policies have been absolutely pristine. Right now, I believe in my heart and soul that Mr. Trump stands between the United States as it is now--that place of going all in with the passionate belief that you so admire--and the place where you live, which has turned hopelessly progressive and "woke." 

Put simply, and with absolutely no malice aforethought, fully half of Americans don't wish to follow Canada over the cliff.

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

Canada is far more to the left than the USA, to be sure.  Higher taxes, socialized medicine, etc.  But isn't it all just a matter of degree? 

Canada has problems of its own

But here you are criticizing the USA rather than your own corrupt system

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

I guess things are getting interesting when Trump and his allies are calling for his latter day Brownshirts to be at the "Will be wild" anti-democracy rallies in Washington D.C. on January 6th, and when one of Trump's allies threatens Trump's own Vice President with a firing squad.  So it goes in Trump Land these days. 

Fourteen days that will test our democracy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/fourteen-days-that-will-test-our-democracy/2020/12/31/7a59d6d6-4b96-11eb-a9f4-0e668b9772ba_story.html

Excerpt:

Over a span of 14 days this month, our nation’s capital will bear witness to three events that will tell us much about the state of American democracy: a joint session of Congress on Jan. 6, where electoral votes cast in December will be read and counted aloud; protests in downtown Washington scheduled for the same day; and the Jan. 20 inauguration of the president of the United States.

How will our country look after all this is over?

Under normal times, Wednesday would be just another day. Congressional certification of the electoral college winner is nothing new. Neither is a presidential oath-taking. Both are ceremonial formalities that memorialize politically settled events. Likewise, political protests on any given day and time are hardly novel in Washington.

This year, however, all three are fraught with uncertainty because President Trump, a buffoonish one-term wannabe autocrat, will not accept his election loss. Weeks after his rejection at the polls, Trump continues to falsely portray the outcome as fraudulent. And in the waning days of his presidency, when he should have one foot out the door, Trump is desperately scheming to find new ways to alter the outcome. . . .

Trump is actively inciting supporters to amass in Washington to pressure Congress to not approve the 2020 elections results. “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!” tweeted Trump. He followed that up with a Wednesday tweet to supporters, “JANUARY SIXTH, SEE YOU IN DC!”

And Trump’s forces are coming. . . .

Nothing would please Trump diehards more than the eruption of an all-out conflagration around Capitol Hill. (Trump: “Be there, will be wild!”) Obstructions that throw congressional proceedings in disarray. A breakdown in order that would give Trump an excuse to call out military force in response, citing the Insurrection Act, which allows the president to send troops when “any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy” prevents enforcement of state laws in a manner that deprives residents of that state of their federal constitutional rights.

And get this: There is no intrinsic limit on how long he can employ troops to enforce federal law, reports University of Texas School of Law professor Steve Vladeck.

Trump isn’t calling his followers to Washington for sport. Or to make lawmakers nervous. Or to dominate the news cycle.

Trump wants to overturn the 2020 election and take the presidential oath on Jan. 20.

This is our current state. How will democracy look on Inauguration Day?

End Excerpt.

Rep. Gohmert Calls for Street Violence as Another Legal Loss Sends MAGA World Spiraling

https://www.thedailybeast.com/louie-gohmert-calls-for-street-violence-as-pence-lawsuit-loss-sends-maga-world-spiraling

Excerpt:

In an interview Friday evening on pro-Trump news network Newsmax, Gohmert falsely claimed that letting the will of the voters stand would “mean the end of our republic, the end of the experiment in self-government."

Gohmert then seemed to encourage violence as a means to this end. “But bottom line is, the court is saying, ‘We’re not going to touch this. You have no remedy’—basically, in effect, the ruling would be that you gotta go the streets and be as violent as Antifa and BLM.”

. . . . At the same time, pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood fanned the flames by suggesting Friday that Pence could “face execution by firing squad” for “treason” if he doesn’t go along with the attempt to subvert the election—which Trump’s own former Attorney General, William Barr, declared free of any fraud that could have potentially swung the results.

Edited by Jeffrey Brown
  • Upvote 1