MP

How China Is Racing To Expand Its Global Energy Influence

On 11/12/2020 at 9:17 PM, frankfurter said:

Can you prove even 1 item that was stolen?

Do you deny the SARS-CoV was 1st developed and patented in the USA during 2007? 

Do you deny traces of Covid19 were discovered in sewage by scientists at University of Barcelona during March 2019, nine months before the Wuhan outbreak?

Do you deny the study by Cambridge that identifies 3 sequences for Covid?

Are you aware Covid19 is transmitted not only via air, but also by contact with contaminated surfaces? 

Your a GREAT Chinese Sympathizer! Keep looking between your legs to kiss your ass goodbye.....

• Haha 2

Your 'advice' results in an entirely different perspective to view the world. I suggest you practise what you preach, walk your talk, or whatever other vernacular best describes your advice.

On 11/8/2020 at 7:55 PM, frankfurter said:

uh, other than your feeble attempt to smear China, what is your point?

Border disputes?  All so-called disputes are the result of prior colonial powers taking lands away from China by force and unilaterally declaring borders: like the artificial borders in Africa today. If I came with my band of thugs to your property, skewered your wife, burned down your home, imprisoned you, and declared all your property to be my own, would you not seek the means to regain? If you die, would not your offspring?

China resolved all land borders except for India. India refuses to resolve, despite 60 years of invitations from China. India's border claims with China really have no basis. The border was decreed unilaterally by the Brits, after the Brits subjugated the various kingdoms within the India subcontinent, and long before India became a country. The Brits included lands taken from China.  China never accepted. No treaties were signed. In 1962, India attacked China over India's claims, and China repelled Indian forces into a rout. A key fact; China returned occupied lands to India, with certain understandings. A LAC was established, agreed by both sides. India has since reneged. The de facto border is the LAC. If India were to accept the LAC as the de jure border, the dispute would be resolved instantly.

which western institution paid to you patrol this board, Commisar frankfurter?

• Haha 2

Question, if every dollar oil goes up Exxon makes around 500 million. Is that one dollar based on WTI or Brent price. Thanks for you help.

(edited)

I was wondering because I was following the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict and the Armenians who lost the war are now comforting themselves that they live in a democracy and the Azeris in much more authoritarianism

Because when the Armenians were building democracy, the Azeri dictator was building an army and buying equipment, so he finally recaptured Nagorno-Karabakh.

Then suddenly  it occurred to me whether in 20-30 years it would not be the main narrative in the American media after defeat in a fight for global domination with China.

Overall, life is probably not really fun in the Chinese system, but given the degree of aggressiveness of American foreign politics after World War II, each side has advantages and disadvantages.

In any case, the US has grown up a rival much more powerful than the USSR ever was because even now China is economically much stronger, so it's slowly time to buy popcorn because Trump has already offered the first volley in the global war for global domination.

Edited by Tomasz

(edited)

On 11/12/2020 at 4:02 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

This is thread is hilarious! C'mon Team USA you are getting schooled by one CCP guy! 

Where's my popcorn... 

A quick note to my American colleagues, history goes further back than Obama and there is this thing called geography... Everything you need to win is there if only you paid attention in school. Can't wait for the Austrian to show up and explain how it is all the fault of us moving off the gold standard. :)

Are you talking about the fact that Mongolia (Inner Mongolia or Neimongol), Tibet, and Xinjiang were taken by China?

BVbJFMuzKa25CbgNUiAYeZJy1K_ehGeniasVsfnutkBPmIMlD9pUdTt4SE2yyTqdY-qF5tVL883jCmcFNCH3kJlhl-pRYie41-PhA5tAogNxMYbEzRThq9lb1W62JJKHdfl5E72k

Edited by ronwagn
add

India-China border: yes, it is correct the present border was imposed by the British when Choina was weak. But we shoud not forget that China's claim to Tibet (most of the border is in former Tibetan territory, after all) wwas not recognized by everybody at the time, least of all the Tibetans. China makes a lot of ather claims on a very ancient basis: in a similar vein, Norwegians could claim some sni^ps of ireland and Scotland, the Isle of Man, the Hebrides, Shetland and Orkneys from the UK as well as the Faroes and Greenland from Denmark. Luckily, the Norwegians see that such claims are nonsense, though they did occupy parts of Greenland in 1931-32 (Four men and about a hundred dogs, arguably the smallest occupation force in modern history). Brief: if we were all to pay heed to territorial claims that go back beyond, say, the late 19th century, the world would be in a mess even greater than the present. I do not say China may not have legitimate claims in some cases, but one should be very careful in relating to any such claims at all.

(edited)

On 12/6/2020 at 2:29 AM, Tams said:

India-China border: yes, it is correct the present border was imposed by the British when Choina was weak. But we shoud not forget that China's claim to Tibet (most of the border is in former Tibetan territory, after all) wwas not recognized by everybody at the time, least of all the Tibetans. China makes a lot of ather claims on a very ancient basis: in a similar vein, Norwegians could claim some sni^ps of ireland and Scotland, the Isle of Man, the Hebrides, Shetland and Orkneys from the UK as well as the Faroes and Greenland from Denmark. Luckily, the Norwegians see that such claims are nonsense, though they did occupy parts of Greenland in 1931-32 (Four men and about a hundred dogs, arguably the smallest occupation force in modern history). Brief: if we were all to pay heed to territorial claims that go back beyond, say, the late 19th century, the world would be in a mess even greater than the present. I do not say China may not have legitimate claims in some cases, but one should be very careful in relating to any such claims at all.

uh, Have you resided in Tibet and learned the true history?  Safe to say your knowledge is based upon western stories of history, and thus serves an agenda?  But, shall we consider some facts? 

Early in 13th century, the Khan dynasty was founded, and by ca 1280 all of what is today Mongolia, China, and the Tibet region came under Khan rule. This continued under various dynasties, lastly Imperial China, until ca 1900, when the British invaded the Tibet region. Britain recognised Imperial China's sovereignty over Tibet and signed a treaty in 1906, which reaffirmed the Chinese possession of Tibet, following the Brits incursion into Tibet during 1903–1904. The British agreed not to annex or interfere in Tibet, in return for indemnity from the Chinese government, while China engaged "not to permit any other foreign state to interfere with the territory or internal administration of Tibet". However, the Brits did not honour, and used Tibetans to invoke armed uprisings against the Chinese AND Tibetans. This conflict continued to the end of the Brits occupation of India: all during which time Tibet was a sovereign part of China, recognised by the Brits. When the British troops left Tibet, the new China govt moved in, to reclaim what the Brits had attempted to steal.

During the above history, some Tibetans cried for independence: these were the folks like the Dalai, who sought to regain their fiefdom and lordships and the wealth from their serfs' labours. Under the rule of the Dalai, Tibetans were serfs who had zero security for food, clothing, homes, and had zero amenities like running water, electricity, education, literacy, medical, etc. The plight of those serfs is never told in western history books, and thus the true story of oppression is never revealed.

You may argue what you will. But since ca 1280, Tibet has been a region under Chinese rule. Even when the Brits tried to steal it away by force, the Brits officially recognised Tibet as a region under Chinese rule: the treaty is proof.  AND, since 1950, China has not moved one inch past the "Tibet border" into India.  Thus to use Tibet as an example of Chinese "expansion" is simply to lie.

I repeat the salient fact about the India-Chinese border.  The 1962 conflict was started by India, and finished by China. China RETURNED the conquered lands to India, voluntarily, and BOTH agreed to the LAC, which today is the de facto border. China has not moved one inch beyond the LAC. Thus to claim China is expansionist is to state a lie.

Edited by frankfurter
sp

(edited)

On 11/30/2020 at 2:03 AM, Tomasz said:

I was wondering because I was following the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict and the Armenians who lost the war are now comforting themselves that they live in a democracy and the Azeris in much more authoritarianism

Because when the Armenians were building democracy, the Azeri dictator was building an army and buying equipment, so he finally recaptured Nagorno-Karabakh.

Then suddenly  it occurred to me whether in 20-30 years it would not be the main narrative in the American media after defeat in a fight for global domination with China.

Overall, life is probably not really fun in the Chinese system, but given the degree of aggressiveness of American foreign politics after World War II, each side has advantages and disadvantages.

In any case, the US has grown up a rival much more powerful than the USSR ever was because even now China is economically much stronger, so it's slowly time to buy popcorn because Trump has already offered the first volley in the global war for global domination.

Actually, it's a lot of fun

It's a lot of fun to party until sunrise, if you are of that age.  I used to do it when I was an expat (but not in China).

Most places in China are safe, and apparently, you have a lot of freedom as long as you don't criticize the government or engage in political activities.

Edited by Hotone